So, those poster things in Mac Anu...

GyppyGirl2021

So, those poster things in Mac Anu...

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Have you ever taken a look at some of the graphics scattered around the Root Towns? I guess I have no life, but I decided to look at some of them up close.

There are all these posters and stuff tacked up on the walls in Mac Anu. Some of them resemble Chim Chim "Wanted" posters, others resemble... shirtless men in underwear. Yeah, they're poorly rendered, but that's what they kind of look like. :lol:
Master ZED

Re: So, those poster things in Mac Anu...

Post by Master ZED »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Some of them resemble Chim Chim "Wanted" posters
and those happen to be posted backwards. I don't know how they managed to mirror the things and not catch it in testing, but they did. The only ones posted correctly aren't even in Mac Anu, but in Netslum, and those are Enviro-Man posters. I suppose it's a testament to the psychosis of Netslum's residents that they'd want someone harmless and helpful from seven years ago bagged and tagged.

TBH, I prefer the angel under the fountain and Tartarga's "camouflage" though, if we're sticking to Mac Anu. I honestly thought that was a bird under the Alchemy district fountain until I compared it to the angel standing atop it. :P What I really like is the boat a bit south of that location, just under sea level, just outside the water. Netslum is SO perfectly concealed out there. Oh I'm just a mere cargo canoe, that happens to be floating in the middle of space just past the end of the world, please don't mind me! Sometimes, just sometimes, Zelkova's an idiot.

Oh! Speaking of "glitches," you might want to recruit Sakubo into the party in Reminisce and wander around the Alchemy district to the dead end, but without loading it. When you walk towards it and look up a little, you might catch a glimpse of Sakubo standing on nothing in the sky, along the rooftop line, before the loaded floor sucks him back down to earth. A good example of programmer laziness, given the instantaneous nature of gravity on your characters out of battle. Why bother with accurate Y axis positioning when your floors double as black holes?

If you're REALLY lifeless or perceptive, though, you've probably seen the floating tile out at sea on the Netslum bridge. You can see a black pixel when facing just above Mac Anu's skyline, and if you go out there with a code, all it is is a random black tile in midair. I only caught it 'cause I stare out at the sea sometimes.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Might have to try some of those out, but how exactly do I do the Sakubo glitch? XD

...these are some graphics to be proud of, Piros.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Might have to try some of those out, but how exactly do I do the Sakubo glitch? XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPHAV8XSgQc

You may have to do a little testing to know where the loading boundaries are. Describing them would be really difficult, and a map would take more time than I want to invest at the moment.
GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...these are some graphics to be proud of, Piros.
Yet for all his pride, he (or at least, someone) didn't mind stealing the scenery for the Sage Palace Arena directly from Ran Hati, an area which The World generated on its own, as I recall. Letting the game do your work for you... that's kinda low, isn't it? :P
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

That video is amusing in itself - people falling into the water. :lol:

I didn't even notice that part. XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

....And i thought i was observant
.________.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

TheSorrow wrote:....And i thought i was observant
.________.
Don't you know how little of a life I have? :P
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:....And i thought i was observant
.________.
Don't you know how little of a life I have? :P
....I actually have noticed the posters and all you said in your first post long ago, i just never noticed they were backwards, the glitch with Sakubo, or the black tile in Netslum bridge >3>' I've seen the angel statue and the canoe though...it's just those things ZED mentioned that really impressed me XD
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Oh XD

Well, I first noticed the posters when I decided to take a stroll through Mac Anu in the AIDA server at the beginning of Volume 2. (I hate that part.) I didn't notice they were backwards though. :lol: Maybe that's why the Chim Chim poster doesn't actually say "WANTED"?
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:...these are some graphics to be proud of, Piros.
*bursts out laughing uncontrollably*
I saw that one the other day. The title caught my eye, so I clicked on it, and I just had to laugh.

... all this is making me want to rip the game onto a computer, convert it into a format that allows it to be played without an emulator, allowing me to mod it and make my own posters. And who's the one with no life now? Besides the fact that I'm engaged and work 40 hour weeks and really don't have time to play games much anymore?
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

There were posters? I never even noticed
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

shugo_lover wrote:There were posters? I never even noticed
Yeah, but you have to actually look around the city to notice them. You can't see most of the posters by just using warp points. :P

The Chim Chim posters are in the back alley in the Mercenary District. I'm pretty sure the "shirtless men in undies" ( :lol: ) posters are along the way to the Mercenary District... but I don't have my PS2 with me right now, so I can't check.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

i have only seen the wanted Chim Chim posters. i dont think i have seen the shirtless men. i need 2 go through to see it... -drools at the thought of the pix-
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Wanted chim assasins I think
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

shugo_lover wrote:Wanted chim assasins I think
They look like regular Chim Chims to me. :p
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
shugo_lover wrote:Wanted chim assasins I think
They look like regular Chim Chims to me. :p
yeah they r regular chim chims but that is a wanted poster for them
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I went into the back alley in Breg Epona, and there are still more Chim Chim "Wanted" posters there. And I figured out that they were, indeed, mirrored after comparing them to the "Wanted" posters in Netslum, which I could actually read. XD

I also decided to look around the guild shops in Breg Epona and Dol Dona for no real reason... all of the shops in Breg Epona sell something that resembles toiletry containers and gift boxes, and in Dol Dona, it's various types of food. (The Canard stand has fruit, Moon Tree sells fish and seafood, and Kestrel sells various meats. They're all horribly rendered, even moreso than the regular game's graphics. XD)

Also, I'm STILL trying to figure out what those red strips are at the vegetable stand where Empireo sells. @_@ I think they're supposed to be carrots? And what are the things next to them? I don't even want to know. XD
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:yeah they r regular chim chims but that is a wanted poster for them
I think it's probably a subtle joke about needing them for their Chim Spheres. I wouldn't have expected them to think it through this far, but notice they only appear in the industrial cities, which rely entirely on Chim Sphere-based steam technology. Same thing with the crates of Chim Chims ready for shipment. It's kinda sad, actually, maybe God Chim Chim will help them out...