Epitaph of Twilight

ErkWitz

Epitaph of Twilight

Post by ErkWitz »

I feel like this should already be a thread but i didn't know where to look so I'm putting it here. I was wondering if anybody could help me out interpreting the Epitaph of Twilight Poem. The one I'm most curious about is the "Welle" section. Also if there is already a thread on this it would be much appreciated if i could get a link to it.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Re: Epitaph of Twilight

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

i have no clue what its talking about in the first phrase of the poem but "Welle" is the german word for wave, in the case of the epitaph, the waves r that of 1 after the other kinda thing, like in an army game or something. it goes in order of the first wave, being the destruction or skeith the terror of death, 2 the 8th wave, being the reconstruction or corbenik the rebirth. so starting from the beginning, and excuse me if i confuse u for i am just going as i read the epitaph, skeith is the destroyer, innis is the aid 2 the destruction for it creates the mirage of hope forcing ppl down the path of destruction, magus allows the fourth wave to happen, fidchell foretells of death and sadness(idk y fidchell tells of the beginning of the destruction when fidchell is the fourth wave...), gorre, being of 2 personalities, both become engulfed in the destruction and scheme for more of it, macha tempts others into following her to the destruction, tarvos, being an avenger, and as the word avenge means to repay another for something terrible, brings about more destruction, both waves have caused major destruction by this point, in other words pretty much nothing is left. the void mentioned in the poem speaks of this. form the center of the void, corbenik brings hope for rebirth or new life. in the next part, the shadowed girl is aura, the protector of the world. she says that surely she will return. in gu she does so she foretells her own rebirth. but she leaves to mourn the destruction. in fragment 1, when the finger points toward the yonder moon, the fool will not look at the fingertip. this means that the fool will look past the finger at the moon to see what the finger is pointing at. fragment 2 is speaking of the humans mistake of trying to take on the gods. they try to make themselves equal to the gods but all at once. they finally realize that they shouldnt have tried to change everything all at once, instead they should have changed a little at a time. fragment 3 tells of how the humans dont have a way to fight the gods. im not sure what it means by "Divide, if it would just... Then retaliate, we may". fragment 4 is a riddle. by an ape with human speech, it could b, in the sense of the game character models, a beast character modeled in an ape. the riddle, "what clings to u? bear it- u cannot, accept it- u cannot, but hidden- it is from u. recite its name" can b seperated from the part after the question. bear it- u cannot means that u r unable to hold it or support it. accept it- u cannot means that even if u see it, it could b something else... i think. and then but hidden- it is from u is pretty much saying that its connected to u. reciting its name just means to say the name. now from the wave section, u can tell that it is talking about a shadow. BUT the only clue it really gives u is "what clings to u". so in other words its ur shadow so u say ur name. i dont kno where in the game it calls for u to say ur own name but its there. if im wrong on any of this then other ppl will have to tell u lol im not good with translating XD
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

in the next part, the shadowed girl is aura, the protector of the world. she says that surely she will return.
Aura has no affinity with shadows. Indeed, she's actually representative of the Twilight Dragon, as she's ultimately the divinity who defeats the Cursed Wave. The Shadowed Girl represents to the human girl who traveled with the two half-sprites to find the Twilight Dragon, and so one could argue that it represents the dothackers, but the //Epitaph of Twilight novel seems to decide that this role is played by Harald's niece.
in fragment 1, when the finger points toward the yonder moon, the fool will not look at the fingertip. this means that the fool will look past the finger at the moon to see what the finger is pointing at. fragment 2 is speaking of the humans mistake of trying to take on the gods. they try to make themselves equal to the gods but all at once. they finally realize that they shouldnt have tried to change everything all at once, instead they should have changed a little at a time. fragment 3 tells of how the humans dont have a way to fight the gods. im not sure what it means by "Divide, if it would just... Then retaliate, we may".
It's discussing the Sprites' war with the Cursed Wave, not any war with Gods. You do realize GU's backstory about a war with the gods is something CC Corp made up, right?
fragment 4 is a riddle. by an ape with human speech, it could b, in the sense of the game character models, a beast character modeled in an ape. the riddle, "what clings to u? bear it- u cannot, accept it- u cannot, but hidden- it is from u. recite its name" can b seperated from the part after the question. bear it- u cannot means that u r unable to hold it or support it. accept it- u cannot means that even if u see it, it could b something else... i think. and then but hidden- it is from u is pretty much saying that its connected to u. reciting its name just means to say the name. now from the wave section, u can tell that it is talking about a shadow. BUT the only clue it really gives u is "what clings to u". so in other words its ur shadow so u say ur name. i dont kno where in the game it calls for u to say ur own name but its there. if im wrong on any of this then other ppl will have to tell u lol im not good with translating XD
It's a reaffirmation of one's identity,a vital component of developing AI.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

see? i told u XD other ppl r alot better than i at translating lol ty for clearing things up for the both of us XD