Gabi

CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Gabi

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

about his weapon u only see it like 2 times out of the entire series. i was wondering what it was called. and of course the weapon effects and what type it is. im sure its type is that of a hold and release broadsword but i just wanna make sure
GyppyGirl2021

Re: Gabi

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Doesn't it say what Gabi's broadsword is on the .hack//Wiki?

It's unobtainable through normal means and I think someone said it was also unusable.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

King's Tail
Lv147 Broad Sword
Abilities:
None
+63 Attack

I suppose it's Hold+Release too, i don't have real proof but it's somewhat obvious. And i'd say it can be used normally like any other Broadsword, sure, it's never really used in any battle during the whole game (like Sirius or Ovan's weapons), but there are other weapons which don't even make an appearence in the entire game, and are perfectly usable too. And yeah, like GyppyGirl said, it's unobtainable by normal means, and if you want it you need a codebreaker or enough skills/tools to modify the game yourself.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Yeah, it's H&R. Someone had the weapon freeze on them post-battle in one of the volumes, which is where the unusable hypothesis comes from. It works fine in Redemption from what I've seen.
CountDOOMDestroyer

i wonder how he got it XD what monsters do u think would give it 2 u after defeating it if u could obtain it by normal means? and i wonder if he has a different stance when actually fighting like endrance or tabby
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

It looks like most guildmasters get a special weapon, usually related to their guild's theme...
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:and i wonder if he has a different stance when actually fighting like endrance or tabby
When charging for a H&R attack, Gabi holds his sword up at about a 100 degree angle. I *think* that's all in terms of differences.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Kuukai wrote:It looks like most guildmasters get a special weapon, usually related to their guild's theme...
Obviously, there are exceptions. *looks at Haseo*
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Maybe you get it for founding the guild? No idea, really, but Ovan, Yata, Gabi, and Keyaki all have special weapons iirc, in contrast to other characters...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Zelkova's seems more hacked than a guild-specific weapon, but he could've modded it...
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

It may be that the weapon comes with the special area and whatever else you get when your guild reaches level 10. Although, guildmasters don't seem to me to be the only ones with unobtainable weapons. In fact, I'd say the majority of story-involved characters have them. (hmm... maybe not the majority but quite a few)
hidora

Post by hidora »

N3IWVC wrote:It may be that the weapon comes with the special area and whatever else you get when your guild reaches level 10.
Raven isn't Lv10 and Yata has a special weapon. The same goes for the Twilight Brigade.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Several characters have unique weapons, and i'd say that the only reason of why it's simply to separate them from other characters and give them unique traits, just like how they all look different from other PCs. Some weapons also just fit with the personallity and general looks of the characters, like Spider Karma does to Bordeaux, and King's Tail does to Gabi. It was all just to give them unique weapons and unique characteristics to them, rather than just give them random weapons, or make their weapons easily avaliable (taking away the "uniqueness" from them).

As of an in-game reason of why they have such weapons, i'd say it's either:
-Obtained from quests or certain rare dungeons. Tabby's Feline Soul is a perfect example, and Lit Honeyshuckle and Ripper's Blade are unique weapons obtained from quests...if anyone else would've finished them, maybe they would be the ones using those weapons and therefore being unique to them.
-Lv 10 Guildmasters have some sort of updated Alchemy where they can alchemize unique equipment with unique characteristics to them. This can explain all the unique weapons that guild members from Kestrel and Moon Tree use (except Flame Sword, which maybe was from a quest or taken from someone as loot), and also explains that "Crown of Lu Ming", or whatever was the accessory that was supposedly created by Zelkova. We all know Zelkova could've done it without any guild option, but maybe he was just playing the game normally this time.
-By requesting CC Corp, they can get unique equipment for their guild, maybe by going to unique quests that CC Corp only allows for them specifically. Would explain other cases with guildmasters that aren't Lv10, and in the case of Yata...well, given his spot, i don't think he had to say or do much simply to ask the admins for a shiny unique weapon :/ Also explains why Haseo and Canard never got any weapon...like Haseo would have the desire to ask CC Corp of a new broadsword at all. In fact, Haseo never seemed to have the need to change weapons in the whole series...only to train and gain Job Extensions.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:In fact, Haseo never seemed to have the need to change weapons in the whole series...only to train and gain Job Extensions.
On the movies with his PKK 3rd Form he was still using Spin Gai Gu wasn't he? :P
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

hidora wrote:
N3IWVC wrote:It may be that the weapon comes with the special area and whatever else you get when your guild reaches level 10.
Raven isn't Lv10 and Yata has a special weapon. The same goes for the Twilight Brigade.
which is why i said:
N3IWVC wrote:Although, guildmasters don't seem to me to be the only ones with unobtainable weapons.
I agree with TheSorrow on his explanations.
hidora wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:In fact, Haseo never seemed to have the need to change weapons in the whole series...only to train and gain Job Extensions.
On the movies with his PKK 3rd Form he was still using Spin Gai Gu wasn't he? :P
Indeed, he used all three starter weapons from the job extensions in those movies.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:As of an in-game reason of why they have such weapons, i'd say it's either:
-Obtained from quests or certain rare dungeons. Tabby's Feline Soul is a perfect example, and Lit Honeyshuckle and Ripper's Blade are unique weapons obtained from quests...if anyone else would've finished them, maybe they would be the ones using those weapons and therefore being unique to them.
Feline Soul is a black hole in terms of continuity errors due to its stats being extremely messed up for gameplay purposes. I wouldn't use it as an example of anything. (If I sound pissed the rest of this post, it's because Tabby's weapon is a storyline peeve of mine)

Also, Lit Honeysuckle came from a random field Alkaid picked. It wasn't a Quest at all, just one of those training fields you get dragged to during the course of Reminisce. It was special from our perspective, but not from the characters.
TheSorrow wrote:-Lv 10 Guildmasters have some sort of updated Alchemy where they can alchemize unique equipment with unique characteristics to them. This can explain all the unique weapons that guild members from Kestrel and Moon Tree use (except Flame Sword, which maybe was from a quest or taken from someone as loot), and also explains that "Crown of Lu Ming", or whatever was the accessory that was supposedly created by Zelkova. We all know Zelkova could've done it without any guild option, but maybe he was just playing the game normally this time.
Yeah, no. Consider how many other Guild shops have unique items for a second, and despite how many are level 1, like Trifle (whose level is indicated clearly by Sakubo's status screen), they seem to have about the same shop item capacity privileges Canard does at around level 6. You're gonna tell me Shop Acorn is the only Guild shop in existence that actually knows the rules to this game, or they're the only Guild bound by a stricter ruleset? There's clearly something wrong with this picture.

You really can't trust the gameplay to tell a story accurately when you think on all of the contradictions and other assorted mistakes littered throughout that you're supposed to conveniently not notice. :\
TheSorrow wrote:-By requesting CC Corp, they can get unique equipment for their guild, maybe by going to unique quests that CC Corp only allows for them specifically. Would explain other cases with guildmasters that aren't Lv10, and in the case of Yata...well, given his spot, i don't think he had to say or do much simply to ask the admins for a shiny unique weapon :/ Also explains why Haseo and Canard never got any weapon...like Haseo would have the desire to ask CC Corp of a new broadsword at all.
Yata was a hacker once, remember? Who says he needs CC Corp for such a mundane task?
Oh now I wouldn't say that...

This is used in a cutscene near the end of the game, during one of Haseo's many phototastic inner monologues.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Instead of the guild I believe each character has a theme. The guilds and weapons they obtained are based from their personal preferences. Feline Soul could be explained from the GnU conitnuity where players could equip higher weapons than their level.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

I see your point Master, there are definitely several anomalies.
Master ZED wrote:Oh now I wouldn't say that...

This is used in a cutscene near the end of the game, during one of Haseo's many phototastic inner monologues.
Although, if I'm not mistaken we were mainly speaking of the videos of haseo's pkk days in the beginning of volume 1.
But putting that aside, yet another anomaly is that what haseo is holding tends to change depending on whether it's a cutscene or a cinematic.
In the cutscenes he is shown with whatever you have equipped on him.
In the cinematics he reverts to the defaults.
(At least that's how I remember it, I may be wrong)
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm pretty sure that Haseo always has Spin Heaven in that flashback.
CountDOOMDestroyer

TheSorrow wrote:-By requesting CC Corp, they can get unique equipment for their guild, maybe by going to unique quests that CC Corp only allows for them specifically. Would explain other cases with guildmasters that aren't Lv10, and in the case of Yata...well, given his spot, i don't think he had to say or do much simply to ask the admins for a shiny unique weapon :/ Also explains why Haseo and Canard never got any weapon...like Haseo would have the desire to ask CC Corp of a new broadsword at all.
then wouldnt that mean that ovan wouldnt have needed 2 ask cc corp? his weapon is pretty unique and it doesnt seem 2 have come from a quest. towards the handle of his gun it looks like his costume, so wouldnt that suggest hacking of some sort? i dont think any of the other characters weapons look loke their pcs look