Gabi

_Tri-edge_

Re: Gabi

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I have two interrogatives regaurding to that pic MasterZED posted.

-Spin Heaven was the grand prize in the Holy Palace Tournament, so aren't those Twin Blades an exception?

Or

-Did CC2 just use them as a random place holder?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:then wouldnt that mean that ovan wouldnt have needed 2 ask cc corp? his weapon is pretty unique and it doesnt seem 2 have come from a quest. towards the handle of his gun it looks like his costume, so wouldnt that suggest hacking of some sort? i dont think any of the other characters weapons look loke their pcs look
Ovan is a hacker, so that's entirely possible.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:-Spin Heaven was the grand prize in the Holy Palace Tournament, so aren't those Twin Blades an exception?
About as much as the Spin Needle, which wasn't used this way. Like I said though, it does make sense if you start on Redemption and magically don't know about the Spin Gai Gu, as you start the game with a Wind Heaven. Whether it's a continuity error resulting from a rush job (someone lost the screenshot-making data and went with default inventory?) or whatever, it makes zero sense, given he went right back to the Gai Gus in Returner.

To that end, you can add it to a very short list of weapon changes for specific PC's in G.U.'s history, which only includes (IIRC) Taihaku buying a Gun Bead and Matsu dropping his broadsword for good... maybe Sophora ditching the Warning Chord once she had the appropriate weapon level, but the games don't portray 3rd form two-class Rogues accurately, and the weapon in question is incomplete data anyway. Warning Chord may not even exist in G.U. canon.

That's an entirely different subject though.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Been wondering this for a while but isn't the equipment list for G.U. massively incomplete? Thinking about Macabre Dancers it wouldn't be possible to have only lv 51 Fans + available in a game that restricts by level.
hidora

Post by hidora »

|<!73 wrote:Been wondering this for a while but isn't the equipment list for G.U. massively incomplete? Thinking about Macabre Dancers it wouldn't be possible to have only lv 51 Fans + available in a game that restricts by level.
Yeah, I've already thought about that. There are only, what? 5 or less Fan-type weapons (including the lost weapon, which is unique and only Yata can have it)? Scythes are high-level only too, and there are a LOT more heavy armors than robes and light armors.

Also, there are two armors called Dragon: the Sub Dragon (robe) and the Rough Dragon (heavy armor).
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

hidora wrote:There are only, what? 5 or less Fan-type weapons (including the lost weapon, which is unique and only Yata can have it)?
In the normal game, there are only four if you don't count the four evolutions of the Voice Usurper as individual weapons. If you take dummied weapons and empty space into account from Redemption, the Fan total comes to 4 (Fans in-game, including Peach Blossom) + 3 (Usurper clones in the normal weapon data, NOT the Growth Level 2-4 versions) + 9 (empty spaces in my guide... but it's incomplete, so data may or may not be there) = 16 fans. There is four times the space for fan weapons as there are actual fans. :\
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:then wouldnt that mean that ovan wouldnt have needed 2 ask cc corp? his weapon is pretty unique and it doesnt seem 2 have come from a quest. towards the handle of his gun it looks like his costume, so wouldnt that suggest hacking of some sort? i dont think any of the other characters weapons look loke their pcs look
Ovan is a hacker, so that's entirely possible.
thats what i thought