an interesting thought

Aww Heck

an interesting thought

Post by Aww Heck »

i dont know if this is outta place but if it is i apologize,

i searched up Haseo for fun but my research lead me to Hosea, a bible-based Name, and i gotta get this off of my chest before i start spamming it IRL

Hosea's book in the bible is said, by these sources, and from the verse i've read, to show parallel instances between men and unfaithful wives and God and His Servants

Then i began to think:
Haseo begining "wife": Shino, in G.U, is never around until Game3End, in this case she is unfaithful due to not being there for him
then Haseo obtains his Epitaph, which is 1/8th of a greater whole, known as the Key Of Twilight, which poses itself as the male-counterpart to Aura throught all .hack//(hence a God) and then Haseo fights for all The World's players (the servants of said God)

result, since bible-references are plenty in the game(and the whole of .hack//), i feel Haseo may be a play on the biblical man named Hosea
...to create the name they would merely switch the first and last vowel

Also i've seen some confusion about Natsume's meaning
i did look her up years ago, and while it's fuzzy i do remember the meaning i recieved was a description of a Tree, as in a set up as: "??? tree" ((??? being the descriptive word)) and as she is a Juk/Zan (Wood/Wind) type then i can understand her name as so

Also, for comedy relief has anybody ever called Kuhn "Gune" by msitake?
i ask that cause partied with Pi and Kuhn for fun in vol3 and my buddy Called and i said "I'm with a hot girl and a gun-toting "Gune"
(("Gune" is the wierd nerd-like alien in TITAN A.E. who's highly intelligent while highly silly))

again i apologize to mods if this is ill placed, and if it is, please move it to the right forums...provided there is one
on that note i thought it best to palce this in vol3 forums since it involved haseo, kuhn and natsume
again i express apologies if ll placed, i am after all a newbie here
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: an interesting thought

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I really doubt that they based Haseo's name off of a biblical character. According to the .hack Wiki, "'Haseo' is an alternate reading of the characters in a Japanese poet's, Matsuo Bashou's, name. His disciple, Kawai Sora, was the inspiration for Sora's name." The latter seems more likely than the former, in my opinion.
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

maybe so but then think about Haseo's G.U. trials, gotta admit, it does present a point

?perhaps he's a fusion of both backings?

anyways i just felt like getting off my chest before it became irl rant material

irl i am a christian and only really play if i myself can relate to a provided chara, for me in G.U. that was Yata...funny cause i certainly like Pai and they do poise as a semi-couple
anyhow, i saw the 'posisbiliy' of a tie t it, and thought i'd cal it and see what others thought while providing a n enlightenment on natsume and a comedy on JYB's role as Kuhn

but snc ethat phone call, i cant quit calling gunners "Gunes" but still

i got itfof my chest so, i guess it's still an open forum so say what you will
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

I'm Christian too, but I still don't see the likelihood of Haseo being in relation to Hosea at all. Sorry. XP
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

Anime Monkey wrote:I'm Christian too, but I still don't see the likelihood of Haseo being in relation to Hosea at all. Sorry. XP
well still, you gotta admit the decription of Hosea book is kinda a good description of Haseo's GU-vol1-3 trials, thats my aim right there
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's a stretch. Especially since the Japanese don't really do letter anagrams like that, since they don't use letters.

That and Japanese people don't know sh*t about the Bible and would just say, "The bible? Isn't that the book with the guy with the beard and the wings and stuff?"
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

that doenst explain the sheer amount of biblical references from Sign's days and on Aura

this i a trivia quote form the .hack wikia on magus
The Magi (plural form of Magus) was a tribe from ancient Media. Three famous Magi were the Three Wise Men, most likely making Magus another biblical reference.
---this quote applies itself biblically in the part of Magus' name "Phase 3 Magus"

and is merely one of many, many possible bible references from day one of .hack//'s entirety

so bible references are in .hack

if you give me a few days to do some playing/searching, i can conjure up a list of them...
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'm Catholic, and I don't really see the correlation. Then again, I don't really read the Bible that much.

Also, Haseo is NOT a swap-around of Hosea - the Japanese kana are "hasewo", which is more in line with the alternate spelling of Matsuo Basho's name. While the character could be a correlation (I don't really see it as such because Shino was more of a "teenage crush" than a spouse), the name is definitely not.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

You know, there aren't really THAT much biblical referrences in .Hack...like 2 or 3 at best, and they're mostly indirect referrences. Sure, you could go and research and say that some things "are like" or "ressemble" something from the bible, but you could as well go and say that you find referrences to Gundam or Pokemon or Yugioh or anything else, if you look that deep enough and try to relate anything with something from the desired "source". Stuff like Skeith's wand (a cross) or the Hulle Granz Cathedral or all that are mostly referrences to celtic/german/somethingeuropean stuff, not really to the bible, and even if it is, the creators didn't do it intentionally and probably never even read the bible or cared about it...they just got ideas, found out related things OTHER than the bible, and put them all to work.

So, yeah, you can go and try to find all the "referrences" you wish, but more than real referrences, it'll all be stuff you'll relate to something and assume that they based it off the bible or something christian-related, which they didn't do in truth.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

that doenst explain the sheer amount of biblical references from Sign's days and on Aura
Yes it does. The Japanese like cool biblical references and symbolism, but not so much for accuracy. Just look at Evangelion.

Really, unless Aura is a bearded, middle-aged carpenter AI, you already have to accept they're twisting Biblical symbolism.
this i a trivia quote form the .hack wikia on magus

Quote:
The Magi (plural form of Magus) was a tribe from ancient Media. Three famous Magi were the Three Wise Men, most likely making Magus another biblical reference.

---this quote applies itself biblically in the part of Magus' name "Phase 3 Magus"
That's a fan speculation. There's other uses for the word "Magus" then "The Three Magi", and since there's only one Magus, I'm gonna assume it's not that.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

TheSorrow wrote:Stuff like Skeith's wand (a cross) or the Hulle Granz Cathedral or all that are mostly referrences to celtic/german/somethingeuropean stuff, not really to the bible, and even if it is, the creators didn't do it intentionally and probably never even read the bible or cared about it...
Yet the cross thing is what sparks controversy I believe. Isn't that why Skeith's wand was edited to a Q? They also did it in Naruto, during Itachi's Tsukuyomi, in the anime, manga, and the game, where it went from a cross to a slab.=\
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:Stuff like Skeith's wand (a cross) or the Hulle Granz Cathedral or all that are mostly referrences to celtic/german/somethingeuropean stuff, not really to the bible, and even if it is, the creators didn't do it intentionally and probably never even read the bible or cared about it...
Yet the cross thing is what sparks controversy I believe. Isn't that why Skeith's wand was edited to a Q? They also did it in Naruto, during Itachi's Tsukuyomi, in the anime, manga, and the game, where it went from a cross to a slab.=\
Well, any random person could play, see the cross shape along with Skeith's Data Drain animation, and go all whiney because of it being a cross and crucifiction and all that, so that's why they had to change it to that random Q, even if the actual intention wasn't any related to the christian cross or the bible or anything. It's just like if some item, weapon, or enemy had the shape of a swastika, or something closely related to it; whether it was actually based on the Hindu swastika or it was a mere random shape that they came up with for no reason, they would have to change it to avoid any comments and complaints and whatever about it. They could've kept the cross shape and claim how it was a celtic cross and wasn't related in any way to anything christian, but the people would've simply not heard and keep on complaining :/
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

Y'all seemed to overlook that all of the names of Cubia's attacks have some kind of religious base. Hell, his minions are called Gomoras (Gomorrah, city destroyed alongside Sodom in Genesis).

However, I don't think that the name Haseo stems out of the Bible. Seeing how you can also make the connection to where the name Sora came from, the other explanation makes more sence.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

There are definite biblical references, but Haseo isn't one of them. His name explanation is airtight.
Zero's_Girl

Post by Zero's_Girl »

Azure Knight wrote:Y'all seemed to overlook that all of the names of Cubia's attacks have some kind of religious base. Hell, his minions are called Gomoras (Gomorrah, city destroyed alongside Sodom in Genesis).
Is Cubia's attack "Jihad" also a biblical reference too? It sounds like a biblical term.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's a muslim reference, actually.