DG-Y, lulz?

hidora

Re: DG-Y, lulz?

Post by hidora »

Aww Heck wrote:
hidora wrote:Man, have you ever heard of the Skill Trigger? With this you can pass the firewall with no problem. Not to offend you, but I think you fail as a strategist...
have you ever heard of being out of sp?
i'm sure you have yo uthen use a fairy drop to restore it

So...if i had sp to use triggers i woulda, hence why i used the bikers charm for item boost, to get more outta my SP recovery items in less time
Even without SP (and the skill trigger) it's still possible to pass the firewall before it forms and do some attacks with guard cancel. You don't need the H&R or Rapid Attacks. And using party members' items never hurt anyone.

Also, knowing how and when to use the awakening helps a lot to decrease the battle time.

Anyway, we've got off-topic, so I think we should stop here.
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

hidora wrote:Even without SP (and the skill trigger) it's still possible to pass the firewall before it forms and do some attacks with guard cancel. You don't need the H&R or Rapid Attacks. And using party members' items never hurt anyone.

Also, knowing how and when to use the awakening helps a lot to decrease the battle time.

Anyway, we've got off-topic, so I think we should stop here.
before getting back on subject i will further say: uh yeah, try escaping them when all those rock spires are rasiing, only to get hit by them from two side, only to get hit the same way one more time then hit with a hand-slam, then just reach the shield in time to slice one and boom, he switches
---thats what happened, so second go around i brought saku-jerk-face and Hush-puppy with me and all the spell scrolls i could find and Magically kicked his sorry but, but Saku-jerk-face and Hushpuppy kept running outta sp, so they were only useful for about three of the boss' attack cycles at any given time

and awakening is no problem...not with me anyways

but abck on topic, the multi-dgys is really good trade fodder and thats what i used them for
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

EtherealDeath wrote:
uh yeah, try escaping them when all those rock spires are rasiing
Not really that hard.
it is when one spire pops up in your way and the wall's where you land equalling a massive dmg juggle then boom two more wall hit you...

and what i mean is at worst the Y's are good for trade fodder...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Aww Heck wrote:
EtherealDeath wrote:
uh yeah, try escaping them when all those rock spires are rasiing
Not really that hard.
it is when one spire pops up in your way and the wall's where you land equalling a massive dmg juggle then boom two more wall hit you...
...You have to be pretty bad at playing to let yourself that happen to you D:'
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

hidora wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:though there's still some fun you can have in the game even after finishing it 100%, without restarting the game...there's always something new to find (mostly glitched areas)
Yeah, that's pretty much what I did before my Redemption stopped working. All I did was try various types of fights against Doppel (like: solo; only magic; only party members attacking; uncaged; and others), and go in random areas looking for some glitched area I didn't know (and at the same day I found one, I also found out that there was a topic here talking about it created one month before =/).

Though I can still play vol 1 and 2, there isn't much to do there except for replaying over and over again.
Aww Heck wrote:((although: God Eater, he was a pain...he was the toughest, and most annoying boss i ever fought, in any game, ever, i even used his weaknesses and he was still hard to crush, best gear, all +5 and maxed with his weakness types, and used wisely, and still tough...mainly cause i am just not physically gamer-able of hitting the dang "guard" button when i need to, even to save my life))
I don't think any fight at all could be considered very hard in .hack//G.U. (except for trying to solo doppelganger at lv1 in Rebirth xD).

Try fighting Nebilim in Tales of the Abyss at Unknown difficulty, or Elizabeth at Hard difficulty in Persona 3 FES and you'll see what is a difficult boss fight.

And God Eater still isn't THAT annoying, Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII and Dario in Chrono Cross are some annoying bosses (not so hard, just annoying), but God Eater isn't even near that =/

God Eater is just some boss that has a shield, that's all. It's nothing so strong or annoying.
i have to agree with you there on the Yiazmat battle on the original FFXII game is freaking insane, i found out some of the battles on G.U. is annoying but they aren't that hard unless your way under-leveled for them :?
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

[quote]I don't think any fight at all could be considered very hard in .hack//G.U. (except for trying to solo doppelganger at lv1 in Rebirth xD).

True. I had very little difficulty at all in all three games. The only battle that proved annoying was Bordeux's AIDA. God Eater was just annoying, because, as it's already said, you have to knock his shield down. But once you get to his core if you dropped a Beast Awakening your party could nearly total him.

And to add to the tough boss list that was started :
Garai(CC) was also annoying. (Probably because I was using all black innate characters)
Ethereal Queen (Radiata stories) Just insane, dear friends. But simple once you got the rythm down.
Ethereal Queen (Again, Infinite Undiscover) Even worse...But the same rules apply to the earlier ones.

But yeah, after Redemption, I just collected Virus Cores and gave 'em to my main man(Or boy, whatever he is) Zelkova in exchange for Texts of Power, and bolstered Atoli's and Shino's strength. (Yeah...I do things like that...)
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

i really never used atoli for my healer i had either sakubo or gaspard for healer/off. mage
the major bosses/enemies i thought was bad was these:

1.)the KH hidden boss sephiroth
2.)the final boss in FF8 *forgot name*
3.)hidden boss Yiazmat * 8 million HP oh come on*

annoying bosses

1.) god eater due to shield beating

few others
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

I always keep the girls with bad : defense, attack, and HP. Fun fun fun haha. Then again her attack is now in the 120's or something...Haven't checked for awhile.

I never had trouble with Sephiroth in any game for some reason. The KHII battle with him was a total joke though...
Ultimecia however...let's just say I was 9 when I fought her. Yeah, pretty much in tears by her final form...
Yzmt - Just took too long.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

hmmm, well my line up for these games are normally silabus and gaspard when available

also noticed something strange and i thought it was me about this, here it goes:

i saved a harvest cleric from a PKer and i didnt notice the NPC's name at the time but i noticed the NPC was using a shadow warlocks book weapon, i thought it was me so i went looking for Pkers again and ran into a harvest cleric *henako* and sure enough she pulled out a shadow warlocks book weapon again and i was like WTH >_<

anybody else have this same glitch show up for them?? or am i crazy :toimonster:
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Yeah, there are a few instances such as that.
Henako does use grimoires.
Why? I could never figure it out either haha. I just sorta accepted it.

I always used Atoli for some reason. But she was backed up by the far too powerful Zelkova. So it balanced out.
Did you ever realize how weak Pi is though? Her physical attack is pretty terrible. But for some reason, I was fine with Tabby. (Maybe it's because I've known her longer. :lol: )
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

i saved a harvest cleric from a PKer and i didnt notice the NPC's name at the time but i noticed the NPC was using a shadow warlocks book weapon, i thought it was me so i went looking for Pkers again and ran into a harvest cleric *henako* and sure enough she pulled out a shadow warlocks book weapon again and i was like WTH >_<
Are you sure that wasn't -COOH? Because she and Henako share the very same model, except that Henako is pink while -COOH is blue instead. And Henako is a Harvest Cleric and uses Staffs as her weapons, like any other Harvest Cleric, and you can see that in the Arena anytime you wish (she uses offensive spells, but not Grimoires...at least i've never seen her with one), while -COOH, even though she claims she's a Harvest Cleric (and complains about it), she uses a Grimoire and her class would be that of a Shadow Warlock...odd, but she's the only one like that.

Also, that reminds me that i don't think i've ever saved Henako from any PK (considering she IS Henako, it's most likely she'd PK anyone instead with a Fire Demon Awakening XD), and instead, i've saved -COOH several times, times in which i've noticed that she uses a Grimoire and not a Staff as it would be with her "claimed" class.
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

I'm gonna have to go looking now haha. Probably is -COOH.
Didn't we only see Henako's battle weapon in the Arena anyways?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Henako is a Harvest Cleric. It says somewhere (Apkallu I think) that she has a tendency to spam offensive spells, though. It shows in her arena personality. (I usually didn't fight her because her level was OMGWTF... at least in Volume 1.)

-COOH claims to be a Harvest Cleric, but in her PK battle quote she seems to be implying that she lied about being one. She's a Shadow Warlock - it shows in her weapon. According to game physics, you can't have a Shadow Warlock/Harvest Cleric Adept Rogue (they both take up 3 points, and the max you can use is 4, not 6).

I think I'm the only one who actually found AIDA<Oswald> and its Hetero Trio counterpart insanely easy. The ones I had trouble with were Corbenik 2 and AIDA<Victorian>. And Cubia, but that's mainly because of Chaos Gehenna... ARGH.

Also, if Atoli is available, there's a 90% chance she'll be in my party, unless I'm experimenting. The only time I don't take her along is when I'm combining Kuhn or Silabus with someone else (or each other in some cases). Reason? I love her. She's my girl-crush. Without her, G.U. wouldn't be nearly as fun.

Oh, and I usually set her to Rage or Free-Will and have her use LaPha Repth after a battle. It can be inconvenient, but that's what SP recovery items are for.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

well the one i saw the issue with is henako but i have seen -COOH using a Grimoire before too so i'm wondering if they have a issue with being a harvest cleric >_<

has anyone noticed any other NPC out of code? EX. steam gunner using blade brandier weapons?

sorry i took this topic off-subject :( i have a bad being doing that sometimes
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Oh, and I usually set her to Rage or Free-Will and have her use LaPha Repth after a battle. It can be inconvenient, but that's what SP recovery items are for.
Totally, me too. When on life they just run around the battle field until they're cornered. Mine's usually on Free-Will. And I taught her the other spells that HC's don't learn on their own :
Ani Zot
Vak Don
Gan Bolg.
It just adds to the usefullness.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I have a tendency to give Atoli Vak Don or Gan Bolg in Volume 1 before she learns Rue Kruz naturally... on the basis that I find it SO ANNOYING that she can't attack until she learns Rue Kruz. Lately I've been forgetting to give her Ani Zot, though... *sigh*

And as was stated earlier, -COOH and Henako have the same model, just different colors. It's highly probable you got them mixed up. I've never had an instance where someone used the wrong weapon for their class...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Henako is a Harvest Cleric, and has always been one, and she has always used a Staff as her weapon. And there are actually 2 places where you can see that:
-Fighting her in the Arena.
-The Cubia event at the Arche Koeln Waterfall. She and Lieutenant Okada are the strongest Arena fighters that offer their help against the Cubia Gomoras (apart from Icolo).

And of course she's one of the strongest, she's usually around 8 levels over Haseo's in the Arena (capping at max level too), and LOVES to spam spells, more dangerous than any Shadow Warlock, and in Vol. 1 and 2 her team is actually the strongest of them all. They screwed up her team and made the Edge Punisher remain at lv100, completely weakening the team, but that's because they had to leave some space so The Sweepstakers would really be the strongest >_>

Anyways, -COOH is really a Shadow Warlock even though she claims otherwise, and that's it. I haven't seen any other character who claims to be a certain class, but it's actually another. And how they look doesn't really says anything about the class they are, and that's a topic discussed even by some players in the game. A player can look all beastly and dangerous, but actually be a Harvest Cleric, or can look all innocent and inoffensive, and be an Edge Punisher. So, even though both Henako and -COOH (and someone else i forget) can look like the average Harvest Cleric because of their looks, they could be a Shadow Warlock, Edge Punisher, or Lord Partizan, and it'd be perfectly normal for the game.

So yeah, other than the case with -COOH, which might be proven by her dialogue after saving her from a PK (which i don't really remember...i actually remember saying something like "We Harvest Clerics really are pathetic" D:), there isn't any other character who has a mixed-up class.
Devilkid3009

Post by Devilkid3009 »

TheSorrow wrote:Henako is a Harvest Cleric, and has always been one, and she has always used a Staff as her weapon. And there are actually 2 places where you can see that:
-Fighting her in the Arena.
-The Cubia event at the Arche Koeln Waterfall. She and Lieutenant Okada are the strongest Arena fighters that offer their help against the Cubia Gomoras (apart from Icolo).

And of course she's one of the strongest, she's usually around 8 levels over Haseo's in the Arena (capping at max level too), and LOVES to spam spells, more dangerous than any Shadow Warlock, and in Vol. 1 and 2 her team is actually the strongest of them all. They screwed up her team and made the Edge Punisher remain at lv100, completely weakening the team, but that's because they had to leave some space so The Sweepstakers would really be the strongest >_>

Anyways, -COOH is really a Shadow Warlock even though she claims otherwise, and that's it. I haven't seen any other character who claims to be a certain class, but it's actually another. And how they look doesn't really says anything about the class they are, and that's a topic discussed even by some players in the game. A player can look all beastly and dangerous, but actually be a Harvest Cleric, or can look all innocent and inoffensive, and be an Edge Punisher. So, even though both Henako and -COOH (and someone else i forget) can look like the average Harvest Cleric because of their looks, they could be a Shadow Warlock, Edge Punisher, or Lord Partizan, and it'd be perfectly normal for the game.

So yeah, other than the case with -COOH, which might be proven by her dialogue after saving her from a PK (which i don't really remember...i actually remember saying something like "We Harvest Clerics really are pathetic" D:), there isn't any other character who has a mixed-up class.
ok, thesorrow see i don't pay too much attention but when i noticed that i was still like WTH, you say harvest cleric but low and
behold im a shadow warlock, so thanks for clearing it up for me, and in the future i will try to help also ^__^