DG-Y, lulz?

GyppyGirl2021

DG-Y, lulz?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Okay, I decided to go through the last 50 blocks of the FoP again... and you know how you get DG-Y for the Phase Bonus in block 50? Well... apparently you can get it more than once. What am I supposed to do with it, trade it off? XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: DG-Y, lulz?

Post by TheSorrow »

Yep, you can get ANY of the items from Phase Bonuses as many times as you wish, you just have to re-enter to the respective block where the Phase Bonus starts and it'll give you the option to complete the bonuses again...then you just do that and you'll get the items again.
And what are you supposed to do with it? Fill your inventory with nothing but DG-Y's, what else? :P lol

BTW, nice to see you around here :D
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, I kinda guessed that was the case... but still, wtf is Haseo supposed to do with multiple DG-Ys? Waste cheat codes on them? XD
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

I used it to help pad Zelkova's equipment full of rares to refill his GP before giving him Other Self. This was before I figured out that I could just continuously feed characters Trumps and they would still take and automatically sell inventory going over 50 for said item.
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

what i did, was i simply obtaned it(twice, surprised me) then avoided doing that particular requirement,

the spare did snag me a good item though althoguh i restarted from Game2END (Fist thrush, mainly, but also viedos and Moonlight Faith + Heine's Zero were what i lacked) so i cant tell ya what it was...

although i can say it's should be made obvious you can do usch, in the final ten blocks if you preform 8 awakenings you get HP and SP regen2 material (i think, not sure they are called Rosay of Health/Spirit) but i know they are 5-level rarirty meaning you cannot sell them, but you can still spawn them, and honeslty they do come in handy...

but then it gets a bit better:
that means all Rare items/weapon for requirements are spawnable (that's what i assumed so i went and tried it thus how i got my second pair of DG-Y)

but i was hoping to spawn four of the SPRegen2, one each for pi, natsume, shino and atoli, but iirc that the blocks 95-99 ones, which mean without demon safes shoes, it'd be a time's chronic pain to do so, luckily i can easily obtain them, and have them

personaly, use them as random (n)pc trade fodder, you get stuff faster and easier, but once you kill Cernunos, the game kinda gets dull ((imo)) unless fighting a tinder baron
(hence why i resarted at G2END, for 100%completion, only to realise i missed a vol1 only rare twin blades, but one i beat cernunos again i'll go all the way back, for a challenge)
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

personaly, use them as random (n)pc trade fodder, you get stuff faster and easier, but once you kill Cernunos, the game kinda gets dull ((imo)) unless fighting a tinder baron
The game gets "dull" once you finish all quests and other things to be done with, because then you're all free to roam around The World doing whatever you wish, but there isn't really any big reason or motivation to do anything...there's nothing else that can be done, and nothing more you can gain. Still, i find it entertaining to be fighting Doppelganger and some Arena matches most of the time, for they can still be challenging (Tinder Baron can be harder than True Cernunnos, yes....but because TC was a freaking easy boss XD), and you can go around and test all your FoP equipment and random strategies in a somewhat-even battle :P Also, it's always nice to have a low level file, or just different save files to replay some story events or try to do something at that time of the game.
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

TheSorrow wrote:
The game gets "dull" once you finish all quests and other things to be done with, because then you're all free to roam around The World doing whatever you wish, but there isn't really any big reason or motivation to do anything...there's nothing else that can be done, and nothing more you can gain. Still, i find it entertaining to be fighting Doppelganger and some Arena matches most of the time, for they can still be challenging (Tinder Baron can be harder than True Cernunnos, yes....but because TC was a freaking easy boss XD), and you can go around and test all your FoP equipment and random strategies in a somewhat-even battle :P Also, it's always nice to have a low level file, or just different save files to replay some story events or try to do something at that time of the game.
eh what i meant was while those things can be done, stone gets dull, no new scenes, no utterly big motive other then being a rare-hunter to complete the animal, bikman models, and such on stuff, and after tabby and natsume, no new characters to obtain...or by that time, train

thats why i do restarts like this, games are only fun when there is a goal imo
sure fighting dopple 100 times in one single month would be a goal worth reaching, if you could prove you did it
((it'd be a long video...tust me))

thats my whole point, once you've fought, and killed, doppleseo, then all that's left from his is a nice, diffucult boss-level monster fight

and when TC can regen 1k hp even it the attack-side misses and has a max of 9999 hp, i think his fight is thougher cause it's longer than a tinder baron fight

((although: God Eater, he was a pain...he was the toughest, and most annoying boss i ever fought, in any game, ever, i even used his weaknesses and he was still hard to crush, best gear, all +5 and maxed with his weakness types, and used wisely, and still tough...mainly cause i am just not physically gamer-able of hitting the dang "guard" button when i need to, even to save my life))

anyhow...that was my point, the 'motivational factor' drops one you beat TCernu

while tons of side-stuff to do is stil lthere, once you beat it all, it's only funfactor is to go back and start over from GameOneBegin
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

eh what i meant was while those things can be done, stone gets dull, no new scenes, no utterly big motive other then being a rare-hunter to complete the animal, bikman models, and such on stuff, and after tabby and natsume, no new characters to obtain...or by that time, train

thats why i do restarts like this, games are only fun when there is a goal imo
sure fighting dopple 100 times in one single month would be a goal worth reaching, if you could prove you did it
((it'd be a long video...tust me))

thats my whole point, once you've fought, and killed, doppleseo, then all that's left from his is a nice, diffucult boss-level monster fight
Yep, that's EXACTLY what i meant, however, i do find the difficult boss-level monster fight and other things to be somewhat entertaining...at least, more than it is to just go to random areas and get not-so-random rewards, because everything is so predictable in the game.
And fighting and beating Doppel 100 times in a single month doesn't take more than 300 minutes (3 minutes per battle), which are 5 hours. Can be done in one single day if one is bored enough :P
and when TC can regen 1k hp even it the attack-side misses and has a max of 9999 hp, i think his fight is thougher cause it's longer than a tinder baron fight

((although: God Eater, he was a pain...he was the toughest, and most annoying boss i ever fought, in any game, ever, i even used his weaknesses and he was still hard to crush, best gear, all +5 and maxed with his weakness types, and used wisely, and still tough...mainly cause i am just not physically gamer-able of hitting the dang "guard" button when i need to, even to save my life))
Lulz and lulz :D
Yeah, that might've been a very cheap strategy and it was against The One Death (not God Eater exactly), but it just proves how quick it can be beat, and even in a "fair" fight at a low level, it doesn't take more than 3 or 4 minutes. And it's not a matter of having the "best gear", and the whole elemental deal with The One variations is pretty much ****...it's just a matter of understanding how to really play the game, learning its tricks and what really matters and what doesn't.
anyhow...that was my point, the 'motivational factor' drops one you beat TCernu

while tons of side-stuff to do is stil lthere, once you beat it all, it's only funfactor is to go back and start over from GameOneBegin
And yeah, i agree with you on that, though there's still some fun you can have in the game even after finishing it 100%, without restarting the game...there's always something new to find (mostly glitched areas), and new strategies to figure out :P
But when it comes to restarting, there's nothing more "fun" than replaying it to finish it at a low level, and under a certain time (let's say, 8 hours). That's the only way you can see the difficulty in the games and actually have a challenging time (especially in Rebirth), but it's quite entertaining, and easier to do than anyone else might think.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:though there's still some fun you can have in the game even after finishing it 100%, without restarting the game...there's always something new to find (mostly glitched areas)
Yeah, that's pretty much what I did before my Redemption stopped working. All I did was try various types of fights against Doppel (like: solo; only magic; only party members attacking; uncaged; and others), and go in random areas looking for some glitched area I didn't know (and at the same day I found one, I also found out that there was a topic here talking about it created one month before =/).

Though I can still play vol 1 and 2, there isn't much to do there except for replaying over and over again.
Aww Heck wrote:((although: God Eater, he was a pain...he was the toughest, and most annoying boss i ever fought, in any game, ever, i even used his weaknesses and he was still hard to crush, best gear, all +5 and maxed with his weakness types, and used wisely, and still tough...mainly cause i am just not physically gamer-able of hitting the dang "guard" button when i need to, even to save my life))
I don't think any fight at all could be considered very hard in .hack//G.U. (except for trying to solo doppelganger at lv1 in Rebirth xD).

Try fighting Nebilim in Tales of the Abyss at Unknown difficulty, or Elizabeth at Hard difficulty in Persona 3 FES and you'll see what is a difficult boss fight.

And God Eater still isn't THAT annoying, Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII and Dario in Chrono Cross are some annoying bosses (not so hard, just annoying), but God Eater isn't even near that =/

God Eater is just some boss that has a shield, that's all. It's nothing so strong or annoying.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

i think the hardest boss i ever fought in any game might have been... Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia for the GC. i did it on easy mode as well and it took forever to beat him....
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

hidora wrote:God Eater is just some boss that has a shield, that's all. It's nothing so strong or annoying.
what happened was he was a pain with his shiedled arm switches

3 or 4 minutes try like 5 hours to get one Shield break because of his flinging his switch ability like spam
thats why i say that about him...

heck One Death was a shove over forme mainly becuase only a 20% health did he annoy-swap and his fend-off blast wasnt nearly as strong

as for Yiamzat, heh yeah he's not tough, just l-o-n-g and all you get for his murder is a mesely third of the Wyrmhero loot, i persoanlyl havent fought him, but my same buddy who plays dot hack has, one day, roughly, yiamzat dead, only two basic casualties every three HP bars, never left the battle
and in FF12 my buddy and i are pretty even since we use the same set ups and weapons

if you guys had seen how GE switch (like i hit once: boom he switches, every time) then you'd know what i mean
((i really only wanted his area word for the sake of a new lost ground, but the lv1100 armor was a prize sincei aim for item completion))
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

And God Eater still isn't THAT annoying, Yiazmat in Final Fantasy XII and Dario in Chrono Cross are some annoying bosses (not so hard, just annoying), but God Eater isn't even near that =/
Dario is annoying alright, though easily beated with some plate thingy or whatever it was, and fighting Yiazmat is like trying to take down a wall with a pocket knife...thanks to Gambits though, you can actually just let your party attack and heal itself while you watch a movie or lurk around the internet or whatever, you'll just have to open the menu every once for random stuff, but there's no difficulty in it. Of course, God Eater doesn't even get ANY close to a 10000HP Yiazmat....a FFX-2 Chocobo is harder than God Eater, and i'm not really being insultive here....those chocobos ARE hard with their friggin Choco Flare and Choco Meteor D: lol

3 or 4 minutes try like 5 hours to get one Shield break because of his flinging his switch ability like spam

if you guys had seen how GE switch (like i hit once: boom he switches, every time) then you'd know what i mean
Well...his shield switch DOESN'T matter, and the element DOESN'T matter either. Sure, the shields are weak to one certain element each, and so using a spell of that element will cause more damage...but unless you have Sakubo and Gaspard with Or Spells, which i forgot if they're in Vol. 2, the increased damage won't matter much.
And yes, i know how often he switches of shield....he'll change of arm everytime an "attack cycle" is done, and sometimes out of nowhere he'll just change the elements (i think), but that switch is all worthless, and each attack cycle is composed of at least 5 moves, so unless you pretty much walk right into every attack and can't approach him except when he's about to do the change, you can break the shield with a few Tiger Strikes and other hits, and this is at any level higher than 90...with 80 you might need a better strategy and Heavenly Wheel uberspammage, but it's still possible in a short time...let's say, 10 minutes at latest.

The very first time i fought him i had that problem with the shields, and overall i was a very bad player for i used Divine Awakening and my main weapons were the Lost and Doppel Weapons...but even so, i defeated God Eater in a relatively short time, around 5 minutes. I'd say that the only problem with him is that he spams attacks, but he's SLOW and you can see the attacks like a minute before they hit you, and there are hundreds of ways to avoid that and still keep on attacking. And saying that he's very hard and annoying simply because of his useless shield is just a very bad excuse. Taihaku's "shield" is like 100 times deadlier and more effective, and no one really complains about it either :/
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:
and fighting Yiazmat is like trying to take down a wall with a pocket knife...thanks to Gambits though, you can actually just let your party attack and heal itself while you watch a movie or lurk around the internet or whatever, you'll just have to open the menu every once for random stuff, but there's no difficulty in it. Of course, God Eater doesn't even get ANY close to a 10000HP Yiazmat...
I think you forgot two zeros xD
But yeah, I read half a book against it (though I didn't do anything in that 4+ hours battle).
TheSorrow wrote:

Well...his shield switch DOESN'T matter, and the element DOESN'T matter either. Sure, the shields are weak to one certain element each, and so using a spell of that element will cause more damage...but unless you have Sakubo and Gaspard with Or Spells, which i forgot if they're in Vol. 2, the increased damage won't matter much.
And yes, i know how often he switches of shield....he'll change of arm everytime an "attack cycle" is done, and sometimes out of nowhere he'll just change the elements (i think), but that switch is all worthless, and each attack cycle is composed of at least 5 moves, so unless you pretty much walk right into every attack and can't approach him except when he's about to do the change, you can break the shield with a few Tiger Strikes and other hits, and this is at any level higher than 90...with 80 you might need a better strategy and Heavenly Wheel uberspammage, but it's still possible in a short time...let's say, 10 minutes at latest.

The very first time i fought him i had that problem with the shields, and overall i was a very bad player for i used Divine Awakening and my main weapons were the Lost and Doppel Weapons...but even so, i defeated God Eater in a relatively short time, around 5 minutes. I'd say that the only problem with him is that he spams attacks, but he's SLOW and you can see the attacks like a minute before they hit you, and there are hundreds of ways to avoid that and still keep on attacking. And saying that he's very hard and annoying simply because of his useless shield is just a very bad excuse. Taihaku's "shield" is like 100 times deadlier and more effective, and no one really complains about it either :/
As I said, he is just some boss with a shield.

The first time I fought it, it took me less than 15 minutes (I did't even know how to fight very well and had just figured out how to use guard cancel), and I didn't use his weaknessess. Just some guard cancel with the broadsword between a Tiger Strike and another and you should be fine. And IIRC, you can attack him with the Skill Trigger even when he is attacking you =/
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

TheSorrow wrote:And saying that he's very hard and annoying simply because of his useless shield is just a very bad excuse.
i'm not saying he was annoying due to shield being there, but rather due to how often he switched arms, and though i was using thebest weapons i could even land rapid or hold/release on him because he most notable spammed his fire-line attack and by the time i got near hitting him he was ready to switch

basically my fight with him his AI was smart is what i'm getting at,it saw my movements and set firewalls and then used his other stuff to keep me off of him, and by the time i could get to his arms, one slam & he switched, not even able to charge or rapid assualt attack him, finally i got my SP back up and when and unloaded on him
finally he did kill me round1, so i figured i'd use scrolls on his ugly butt in round2
and as i rarely use them unless i'm annoyed, well you can see what i mean

but the scrolls paid off
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

hidora wrote:I think you forgot two zeros xD
I didn't, i meant that, even if Yiazmat only had 10000HP, or less, GE would still be WAY easier than him, and we've already said how Yiazmat is easy overall XD And even so, i would've missed 3 0's...he has 10 million HP :P
Aww Heck wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:And saying that he's very hard and annoying simply because of his useless shield is just a very bad excuse.
i'm not saying he was annoying due to shield being there, but rather due to how often he switched arms, and though i was using thebest weapons i could even land rapid or hold/release on him because he most notable spammed his fire-line attack and by the time i got near hitting him he was ready to switch

basically my fight with him his AI was smart is what i'm getting at,it saw my movements and set firewalls and then used his other stuff to keep me off of him, and by the time i could get to his arms, one slam & he switched, not even able to charge or rapid assualt attack him, finally i got my SP back up and when and unloaded on him
finally he did kill me round1, so i figured i'd use scrolls on his ugly butt in round2
and as i rarely use them unless i'm annoyed, well you can see what i mean

but the scrolls paid off
Nope, his AI wasn't smart, and definetly he wasn't smart with you either...all God Eater does is repeat a cycle of attacks, that after the 3rd time, it becomes all obvious and predictable. He NEVER reads your movements, he simply attacks, pauses a little, then attacks again...but of course, if he hit you with his attack, stand up and walk towards him without using the Skill Trigger or even a Speed-boosting accessory/skill, the moment you reach his shield is the moment he'll do his next attack, but that's not because he's reading your movements, or he's a hard boss...it's your because you have no strategy and are failing badly.
And though people recommend them, i've NEVER used the attacking scrolls in the battle against One Sin, God Eater, or One Death...all i did was attack it physically with skills, and i was either spacing out the whole battle to not notice the time i spent fighting, or it indeed was too fast and the shields never lasted for long, and using nothing but Tiger Strikes and Shell Breakers, and some other hits, but nothing elemental that i can recall. So, perhaps i didn't even fight him properly at all, and took a longer time than if i should've used scrolls....but still, the fight wasn't hard nor long to me. And apart from you, i've never really heard of anyone say that the battle was hard or annoying, and i still don't see how i could be any hard...he's just a very slow and predictable boss with a shield, even the first bosses in other RPGs are harder than him.
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

TheSorrow wrote:walk towards him without using the Skill Trigger or even a Speed-boosting accessory/skill.
perhaps this was my mistake i was using the bikers charm for item and speed boost....
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:
hidora wrote:I think you forgot two zeros xD
I didn't, i meant that, even if Yiazmat only had 10000HP, or less, GE would still be WAY easier than him, and we've already said how Yiazmat is easy overall XD And even so, i would've missed 3 0's...he has 10 million HP :P
Oh yeah, sorry, I guess I was a little sleepy xD

I've never used attack scrolls in any battle, all they do is fill my inventory (which, because of me being greedy, was almost always full xP). Also, I never liked to use Wavemasters (in IMOQ), Shadow Warlocks, or Harvest Clerics in my party, mainly because I like to play solo whenever I can, and they die too easily (except for Helba, of course).
Aww Heck wrote:basically my fight with him his AI was smart is what i'm getting at,it saw my movements and set firewalls and then used his other stuff to keep me off of him, and by the time i could get to his arms, one slam & he switched, not even able to charge or rapid assualt attack him
Man, have you ever heard of the Skill Trigger? With this you can pass the firewall with no problem. Not to offend you, but I think you fail as a strategist...
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

hidora wrote:Man, have you ever heard of the Skill Trigger? With this you can pass the firewall with no problem. Not to offend you, but I think you fail as a strategist...
have you ever heard of being out of sp?
i'm sure you have yo uthen use a fairy drop to restore it

So...if i had sp to use triggers i woulda, hence why i used the bikers charm for item boost, to get more outta my SP recovery items in less time