is it possible?

CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

is it possible?

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

when u start this game without converting ur guild rank is like 6 or seven and the kestrel and moon tree guilds are level ten throughout the entire series. so i was wondering if it were possible to get an area @home b4 u get to tartarga. i want an area @home!!!!
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: is it possible?

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, it's not possible.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

The highest rank you can get for Canard is 9, and regardless of your rank, as soon as you have access to Net Slum/Tartaga, Canard's @Home will become that big one, and it's the biggest and last you'll get. So, no Area @Home of Canard for you, though it would've been awesome.
CountDOOMDestroyer

that sux so hard...
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N3IWVC

Post by N3IWVC »

If they had actually implemented that i think it'd be cool. It was mentioned in the game before that the guild master can set up custom training grounds for his guild members in their area. I think it'd be fun if you could do that.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I think it would've been fun, even if at the end you would be unable to do anything but walk around and talk to some PCs, and do the usual things you'd do in your average @Home. But of course, for the Rank 10 and a good area @Home (that means, not an empty area not different to a Lost Ground without deep-ish music) they could've included some quest where you go around recruiting people, maybe like a "open quest" where, when you find people in areas, save them from PKs/enemies, or do something they request (give some item, defeat some PK, win Arena battle, you can ask them to join Canard and they'll accept and once you get enough members and the highest rank, you'd get the Guild Rank 10, an area with unique keywords (there was enough space to add at least 1 more; enough for an unique area), and you can go to it and simply be happy that Canard has lots of members and has it's own area and all, perhaps with some stuff like training grounds or whatever, or maybe with nothing more than able to customize the area or not even that....more than for the sake of actually being useful, just for having to work for your guild far more and getting an unique reward XD Filling the Ryu Books was more of a gameplay task, and after Vol. 1, the only effort put into Canard was for selling items...and even so, that was just to make yourself rich; screw "working for the guild" or anything, Haseo was just putting trash in there and shaking Gaspard later so he would give out all the earnings and keep them himself >->
CountDOOMDestroyer

either way!! i would love to see all the guild members u dont get 2 meet in the game. see how many there actually r in the guild. and all the items!!! omg all those ppl with items that r like so friggen rare!!!! sorry for ranting...
Hemphyll

Post by Hemphyll »

That would be kinda cool. I bet if Canard had an area @home, it would be forested, and overall friendly-looking. I can see it overlooking the ocean with a bunch of big shady trees, and maybe the place where Death Grunty would be would be like a a little shinto shrine on a hill or something. It's fun imagining stuff like that. Getting to new areas is one of the funnest parts of .hack, I think. I totally flipped in Redemption when I discovered that there was a forest dungeon. XD
CountDOOMDestroyer

lol yeah i dont really care for dungeons much... u cant ride the bike and its too long. i would hope for a forested field instead of a dungeon. the dungeon is too closely related to the infection series dungeons. the forest of pain however pissed me off!!!! 2... many.. FLOORS!!!!!!
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CountDOOMDestroyer

EtherealDeath wrote:2) You can skip all of the phase bonuses.
u get the DG-Y from doing the 51-54 phases and honestly the forest of pain makes the game longer which i found irritating although i was irritaded when vol 2 ended 2 quickly it only took me like 3 days to beat so i was naturally PO'd. games like .hack// i usually beat within a month or so and others r instant end for me
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Oh lulz...
u get the DG-Y from doing the 51-54 phases and honestly the forest of pain makes the game longer
You CAN, but you DON'T HAVE to obtain the DG-Y if you don't want to. You can skip it as well as all the other phase bonuses, and finish the FoP right away. And it doesn't make the game any longer...you've already finished the game by the time it's open, and you don't have to enter to it if you don't want to...sure, it gives you alot of stuff, including the very last ending of the game, but if you're really scared of the 100 floors, you can stay away from it. Honestly though, you can finish FoP in 20 minutes or less.

And quoting EtherealDeath a little, i just really want to laugh at how everyone goes all "OMFG 100 FLOORS THAT'S INSANE!!!!" when they hear about Forest of Pain (and i admit it, i once got all "WTF!!?!" too), while it's actually a very easy and boring dungeon, with floors that are relatively short; by fighting EVERY enemy, you clear each floor in 2-3 minutes...by skipping fights, around 20 seconds. Seriously, if you were able to deal with Ovan's dungeon and the Cubia Doppels, which you did if you can access FoP, you can clear it without any problem, even at a low level.
And in contrast, Quarantine's optional dungeon, that behaves in the very same way as FoP (after ending the game, but brings the real conclusion of it), "only" has 12 floors, something you'll probably laugh at if you've played GU, and don't be as scared if you've played IMOQ...but, that dungeon is definetly the MOST DIFFICULT quest in all of the gaming story of .Hack, that makes Forest of Pain become "Forest of Joy", and even if you take the quickest and easiest route and with the best strategies, by floor 8th you'll be dying, and by the 10th you'll have lots of gameovers.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

TheSorrow wrote:And in contrast, Quarantine's optional dungeon, that behaves in the very same way as FoP (after ending the game, but brings the real conclusion of it), "only" has 12 floors, something you'll probably laugh at if you've played GU, and don't be as scared if you've played IMOQ...but, that dungeon is definetly the MOST DIFFICULT quest in all of the gaming story of .Hack, that makes Forest of Pain become "Forest of Joy", and even if you take the quickest and easiest route and with the best strategies, by floor 8th you'll be dying, and by the 10th you'll have lots of gameovers.
I kinda giggled at "Forest of Joy". The reason that particular dungeon was difficult, was because a party of data bugs were present in almost EVERY portal that was activated, pushing the infection level on Kite to the extreme. Even if you took the shortest route through the thing, by the time you get to the 10th floor, you'll most likely die at least once, unless you were blessed with a few normal monsters to lower the infection rate. This is why the FOP was so dissapointing. Yeah, I knew every floor would look the same. That was a go figure. However, the monsters and bosses were ridiculously easy, especially the three "big" ones after the 25th, 75th, and 100th floors, and Haseo's Xth form features just spruced it up even more.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:And in contrast, Quarantine's optional dungeon, that behaves in the very same way as FoP (after ending the game, but brings the real conclusion of it), "only" has 12 floors, something you'll probably laugh at if you've played GU, and don't be as scared if you've played IMOQ...but, that dungeon is definetly the MOST DIFFICULT quest in all of the gaming story of .Hack, that makes Forest of Pain become "Forest of Joy", and even if you take the quickest and easiest route and with the best strategies, by floor 8th you'll be dying, and by the 10th you'll have lots of gameovers.
I kinda giggled at "Forest of Joy". The reason that particular dungeon was difficult, was because a party of data bugs were present in almost EVERY portal that was activated, pushing the infection level on Kite to the extreme. Even if you took the shortest route through the thing, by the time you get to the 10th floor, you'll most likely die at least once, unless you were blessed with a few normal monsters to lower the infection rate. This is why the FOP was so dissapointing. Yeah, I knew every floor would look the same. That was a go figure. However, the monsters and bosses were ridiculously easy, especially the three "big" ones after the 25th, 75th, and 100th floors, and Haseo's Xth form features just spruced it up even more.
Not to mention that, unlike in GU, every room in IMOQ's dungeon lead to, at least, a FORCED battle, sometimes even TWO, and that was as soon as you entered into the room...so even if you entered the room by mistake, or, right as you did, you realized it was the wrong path, you're already screwed and have to defeat the enemies in that room. And also, the enemies themselves were very hard already even at lv100, mostly with tolerances and hitting you quite strong, so you either die from infection, or die from being reduced to 0HP, and both are more likely to happen than you think.
In GU, even the enemies with "tolerances" (Physical or Magic Immunity) were quite pathetic, and there are easier methods to ignore such tolerances...mainly, Awakenings.
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:
_Tri-edge_ wrote:
Not to mention that, unlike in GU, every room in IMOQ's dungeon lead to, at least, a FORCED battle, sometimes even TWO, and that was as soon as you entered into the room...so even if you entered the room by mistake, or, right as you did, you realized it was the wrong path, you're already screwed and have to defeat the enemies in that room. And also, the enemies themselves were very hard already even at lv100, mostly with tolerances and hitting you quite strong, so you either die from infection, or die from being reduced to 0HP, and both are more likely to happen than you think.
In GU, even the enemies with "tolerances" (Physical or Magic Immunity) were quite pathetic, and there are easier methods to ignore such tolerances...mainly, Awakenings.
Man, that dungeon made me don't want to ever see even just the cover of Quarantine again, I finished the dungeon and then never played anymore...

Some random monsters in IMOQ were far stronger than any storyline boss (corbenik was just trash ¬¬). I liked to play solo in IMOQ, then if I died, Game Over and there the hours I spent grinding go away.
The worst part is that some monsters (mainly The Bracelet) could use 2 magics at the same time, and the slightest slip could cause a Game Over >_<

G.U. was ridiculously easier, the only Game Over I ever had was at my first encounter with Doppelganger (at the time I didn't even knew he existed). I was alone (I liked to go solo here too xD) without Smoke Screens at an area 8 Lvs above my head and he just interruped a battle I was having. You can guess how that ended...
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Some random monsters in IMOQ were far stronger than any storyline boss (corbenik was just trash ¬¬). I liked to play solo in IMOQ, then if I died, Game Over and there the hours I spent grinding go away.
The worst part is that some monsters (mainly The Bracelet) could use 2 magics at the same time, and the slightest slip could cause a Game Over >_<

G.U. was ridiculously easier, the only Game Over I ever had was at my first encounter with Doppelganger (at the time I didn't even knew he existed). I was alone (I liked to go solo here too xD) without Smoke Screens at an area 8 Lvs above my head and he just interruped a battle I was having. You can guess how that ended...
Completely agreed, everything's so easy in GU, and even though IMOQ was quite easy in comparison to several other RPGs, it still had it's difficult and at least in Quarantine there were enemies that could definetly rape you even if you were prepared against them. You just don't survive against a Lich enemy without speed boosting or someone with powerful spell, and lol, worried about The Bracelet's magic? *Bracelet pokes you twice* *you lose 3000HP* Freaking instant death :D...in fact, The Bracelet is perhaps the hardest enemy in the game, harder than The Guardian itself. With your incident with Doppelganger, if you had known Doppelganger beforehand and was prepared to fight against him, you'd have won that battle...would've been hard, yes, but there are methods; now try to fight some Lich with Kite alone in Quarantine that's 8 levels higher than you...you'll instantly die even before you realize the battle started.

And you know, a player who mostly played IMOQ with Kite solo is a player that deserves quite some respect, especially if the Kite was at least at average level. But, playing GU with Haseo solo is a VERY easy task to do, even with enemies that are 10 levels higher than you or more. I mostly played GU solo, and it was actually more comfortable to go to fields and defeat enemies with only Haseo...he's pretty much all you need. With IMOQ though, going with Kite alone was only for when i wanted to commit suicide or really challenge myself, and you do NEED other team members in order to survive well and feel comfortable in the areas. A Twin Blade that has to change equipment to have wider access to skills is just definetly not enough against 6 enemies surrounding you and attacking you all at once XD
hidora

Post by hidora »

TheSorrow wrote:Completely agreed, everything's so easy in GU, and even though IMOQ was quite easy in comparison to several other RPGs, it still had it's difficult and at least in Quarantine there were enemies that could definetly rape you even if you were prepared against them. You just don't survive against a Lich enemy without speed boosting or someone with powerful spell, and lol, worried about The Bracelet's magic? *Bracelet pokes you twice* *you lose 3000HP* Freaking instant death :D...in fact, The Bracelet is perhaps the hardest enemy in the game, harder than The Guardian itself. With your incident with Doppelganger, if you had known Doppelganger beforehand and was prepared to fight against him, you'd have won that battle...would've been hard, yes, but there are methods; now try to fight some Lich with Kite alone in Quarantine that's 8 levels higher than you...you'll instantly die even before you realize the battle started.
I liked to do something like a "magic duel" with The Bracelet using the same magics he used. :D
The first time I DDed The Guardian, I only survived because I wanted to cause a lot of damage with some magics, and then noticed that not only he didn't died with 3 magics, but he also attacked me with some pretty good magic. I was lucky that I didn't attacked it, or it would OHKO me, since I was under lv 70 :/

And damn, how I hated those liches, I mainly used magics and they were immune to that. It wasn't very fun to play tag with them...
TheSorrow wrote:And you know, a player who mostly played IMOQ with Kite solo is a player that deserves quite some respect, especially if the Kite was at least at average level. But, playing GU with Haseo solo is a VERY easy task to do, even with enemies that are 10 levels higher than you or more. I mostly played GU solo, and it was actually more comfortable to go to fields and defeat enemies with only Haseo...he's pretty much all you need. With IMOQ though, going with Kite alone was only for when i wanted to commit suicide or really challenge myself, and you do NEED other team members in order to survive well and feel comfortable in the areas. A Twin Blade that has to change equipment to have wider access to skills is just definetly not enough against 6 enemies surrounding you and attacking you all at once XD
I don't know why, but I never liked to have a party in IMOQ, maybe it's because BlackRose/Sanjuro/Balmung were so succetible to confuse/charm skills. I really hated when BlackRose killed me with that rare sword I gave her ¬¬
And I never found Wavemasters that useful, since I had more magic atk/def than Elk in the same lv and had some pretty good magic skills.

What I missed in G.U. is the fact that Haseo can only learn the basic magic skills, and those cause so little damage, that it isn't worth using...

Also, in IMOQ, stats power up skills were something I almost always used, but in G.U. all I used was Ap Do or some item like that, the other power up skills are all just superfluous :/