Data Drain?

|<!73

Data Drain?

Post by |<!73 »

This is quick but I wanted to know why didn't Haseo's data drain work on Ovan and the others infected by AIDA during certain parts of the game. Something about being too corrupted? Also on that matter when Haseo used avatar awakening against monster and obtained virus cores shouldn't the monster have been reduced to level 1 or intialized in some way? I can look into it some more for another time and get a conclusion but for now does anyone have any clear answers or explination/theories?

(I also noticed when Kite did a short of data blast in Link although it damaged the area the target was still data drained so I found it strange the same doesn't apply to Haseo.)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Data Drain?

Post by AuraTwilight »

This is quick but I wanted to know why didn't Haseo's data drain work on Ovan and the others infected by AIDA during certain parts of the game. Something about being too corrupted?
Ovan's infection and such are just waaaaay too deep in there. Like trying to remove a tumor that's gotten into the bone marrow and the brain. That's why the only way to stop it was to reset the entire f*cking internet.
Also on that matter when Haseo used avatar awakening against monster and obtained virus cores shouldn't the monster have been reduced to level 1 or intialized in some way? I can look into it some more for another time and get a conclusion but for now does anyone have any clear answers or explination/theories?
Data Drain doesn't always work the same way. Infact, it's function is wholly dependent on the will of the user. Haseo doesn't take the ***** way of reducing his opponent's power, he just deals out punishment and plunders the corpses.
(I also noticed when Kite did a short of data blast in Link although it damaged the area the target was still data drained so I found it strange the same doesn't apply to Haseo.)
Link? Never heard of it. (Discontinuity)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Is is just general but,

I was thought that Avatar Awakening was just a graphically altered Divine Awakening that is just strengthened more as the Epitaph User along with his/her Avatar gets more powerful

But yea, AT pretty much said it
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

Thanks. Makes one wonder the purpose of sending Azure Flame Kite, aside from damage control, if Data Drain was incapable of defeating Ovan. I can take will power for an explanation. Link is a game coming out for the PSP. You can research it on your own time. I think that answers everything for this topic. If anyone else has any more ideas feel free to reply, same to questions about Data Drain.

About Avatar Awakening I get the same impressions as well. However because it steals virus cores from monsters its similar to a combination of an attack and data draining I found it strange though. I guess Haseo never had much a reason to do the same things as Kite?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Thanks. Makes one wonder the purpose of sending Azure Flame Kite, aside from damage control, if Data Drain was incapable of defeating Ovan.
Not all of the AIDA infections are immune to Data Drain. Infact, pretty much everyone except Ovan can be taken down by them. Yes, the Azure Knights might not be able to end the problem, but that was never Aura's intent. She wants humanity to solve it's own problems.
Link is a game coming out for the PSP. You can research it on your own time. I think that answers everything for this topic.
I know. I was referencing Discontinuity: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... Continuity
About Avatar Awakening I get the same impressions as well. However because it steals virus cores from monsters its similar to a combination of an attack and data draining I found it strange though. I guess Haseo never had much a reason to do the same things as Kite?
When was Haseo ever the type of person to weaken his opponent and take advantage of it? He prefers to fight with both sides at full power.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

When was Haseo ever the type of person to weaken his opponent and take advantage of it? He prefers to fight with both sides at full power.
Makes me wonder...Can Data Drain be used to heal and save someone? For example, if Atoli were to use it, could she use it with Haseo and the team to heal them? Data Drain's power depends on the user's desires, as you said, but could it have a healing effect, or all it can do is damage someone to certain levels?
A.R.T

Post by A.R.T »

Azure Kite used Drain Heart to heal HIMSELF to repair damage he had taken from the Epitaph Users...but...I don't know about healing others. I never saw the original Kite use Data Drain in such a way. We know that Data Drain can be used to:
1.Transform data to the user's desire

In Azure Flame Kite's case, he took the data from around him in Vol.1 and transformed it into healing. So, in that sense, I suppose you could use Data Drain for almost anything...XD
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

If that's the explanation provided, then Data Drain could theoretically be used to heal someone. It's alteration of data, right? In computer terms that could probably mean fixing or breaking down depending on what kind of code you altered. XD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Thank you, A.R.T. And GyppyGirl :D (...Though i guess A.R.T. forgot to finish his post D8'') I'm not sure if anyone will say otherwise, but yes, as you say it, Data Drain would only be the alteration of data....been watching too much FMA lately, but i'd compare it with the Alchemy shown there...all Data Drain does is simply alter data from it's very basic components (bits of data), depending of the user's desire, and so as they can alter their stats, take away items, purge certain data, or plain destroy it or change stats so they're inflicted damage, so under that logic and if you're all correct, it can be used to restore one's data at any level, from actual broken data to simply modify a HP value to get to the highest again.

I still have a little doubt though, and it comes with the word "Drain"...eveytime Data Drain is used, there is always something "drained", mostly data which was desired, and in Azure Kite's case, he drained the area to transform himself, but it wasn't exactly "healing"...he took the data, and assimilated it into his PC. So, if we talk again about it being used to heal (example again...Atoli using it to heal Haseo), would she have to drain some data from anywhere to direct it to Haseo, so in other words, having to "destroy" something to heal him? And in such case, could it be that she would have to use her own PC, using her own data, as some sort of "reverse Data Drain"? (Instead of her draining something for herself, her draining herself for something)
If any of the parragraph above is correct, then Data Drain itself might not be used to heal entirely...it can fix data, but having to take data from somewhere, as if merely changing the targets of the attack, not just heal by targetting the Data Drain but not draining anything D:
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Data Drain is basically hacking the game with your mind and changing data. It should be a paltry parlor trick to change an HP value from 10 to 100, or to repair broken graphics and files (which we already know it can do).

Basically, assuming you know how, you can use Data Drain to do anything. You might not even need to fire it as a beam.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

AuraTwilight wrote:Data Drain is basically hacking the game with your mind and changing data. It should be a paltry parlor trick to change an HP value from 10 to 100, or to repair broken graphics and files (which we already know it can do).

Basically, assuming you know how, you can use Data Drain to do anything. You might not even need to fire it as a beam.
Your right about the beam thing. Assuming to what you just said, Azure Kite used it to fix a certain area in Roots, without the flashy beam thing. But I'd like to throw something into the mix:

Is there a difference between Avatar Data Draining and Twilight Bracelet Data Draining in not just looks, but in terms of effects as well?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not fundamentally. Kite's Bracelet spawned Cubia and viral affection, but this doesn't apply to all Bracelets.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

infection*

Or did you really mean bug love? :P
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Goddamn Firefox spell checker!

Though now that I think of it, quick! To the Couple Debate Topic, I need to post KiteXViruses