skills

jvkdsh

skills

Post by jvkdsh »

this should be self explanatory i guess

Last edited by jvkdsh on Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Re: skills

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Umm... what about skills now? I'm sorry, but could you please elaborate for us?
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

i was busy fixing it just now....[only half the picture could be seen]

Post by Avatar_Crim »

im guessing your showing the skills of your character in a game?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

*observes pic*
So, you're playing the game in some emulator or something, managed to add some of the unused/incomplete skills in the game, took a screenshot of the skills menu, and uploaded it into PB to show it to us. You want a cookie or something? Or want us to explain you more about them? :P lol

This has been done before, by the very master of GU, so it's nothing surprising to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHcQjnXRZv8
Show me some Pheonix Dance on a Tri-Edge Ovan and that might be able to surprise me XD
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

well the only thing is...the list is a little longer than that. There are a couple more skills which i cannot show or do but the only thing that puzzles me is...why do they have alternate voices even though they are not implemented?

As for the other couple skills i cannot show them due to...the fact that they tend to crash the emulator if i attempt to even slot them in and obviously if i do them using the skill menu they won't load.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yeah, you're only able to show the Lv3 ones, any other skills will cause a crashing indeed, since they're even less incomplete and probably have no animation at all.
And by alternate voices, you mean they scream out the skill as they do it, right? Well, the people who made the voices were ordered to dub each and every skill, whether they were going to be into the game or not (though i don't really know why...perhaps they just gave them the full list of skills without checking which ones were complete or not). This is also the same case with Sophora, who has voice recordings of spells (healing and attacking), however, the only time you see her in the game she'll only use Twin Blade skills, which have no voice, and none of the spells with the voice will ever be used (she's an Adept Rogue, Twin Blade and Harvest Cleric, though the game only shows you her Twin Blade part).

Also, you'll notice those skills aren't really complete...they have the max SP cost as if they were lv21 (even if your skill level is 30), they look the very same as the usable Lv3 skill, and every hit of the skill will do the very same damage. I suppose that's because the damage formula of them wasn't complete and is pure blank aside from the base damage part, and so, the game directly gives out such base damage for the attacks.
jvkdsh

Post by jvkdsh »

Then whats the deal with those skills being present since Vol.1?[only the edge punisher skills]

edit:i did a little research and it seems that zelkova also seems to have the flick reaper skills [gabi is strange however and can enter battle but he's like ovan who can't attack]

edit2:
might as well throw in the rest since im at it in this topic

part1

part2

dont ask why the blank white spot is there....
Last edited by jvkdsh on Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Almost all the information involving skills, items and equipment was added to the game since Rebirth...there was just no way to unlock it, but it's there, and by either moving around in an emulator or opening the files you can see all the information. You can find out about items such like Revive Rain or Healing Storm (not obtainable until Vol. 2 or 3), attachments like World Mirror (Vol. 3) or Legendary Crest (never released), equipment like Heine's Zero or Goddess Scythe, and of course, skills like Ghost Falcon or Devil Sword (Vol. 3), Bone Dust or Demon's Reach (usable in Vol. 3 with cheats/mod, as you've seen), or Stormic Havoc and 7 Star Strike (with AWESOME names but impossible to use even with cheats). Just blame CC2 or whoever made the game for the way they left all the information there, whether if used or not :P

And of course Zelkova's a Flick Reaper, he's in your team in Vol. 3 and you can clearly see him as a Flick Reaper XD Gabi is an Edge Punisher, but can't attack indeed...i forget if he can even move ':P
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

TheSorrow wrote:Show me some Pheonix Dance on a Tri-Edge Ovan and that might be able to surprise me XD
SURPRISE!!! XD
ZED did this a while back.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

That's not Phoenix Dance, and i've seen that before too, which was very surprising but still D:
Fine, then show me Kazubolo doing Grating Cross >3>