Who is the "He" that Encephalon keeps mentioning?

TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Who is the "He" that Encephalon keeps mentioning?

Post by TheSorrow »

have you watch .hack//Roots. From what I've learn in that, Ovan was the one that start the rumor about The Black Adept rouge, And My teory based on what he say to shino at Arche Koeln Waterfall about growing "a seed" (which is obviously mean "haseo" but I forgot what episode)

And don't you curious why haseo Avatar name is same with his PKK tittle name, Well ovan was behind that to.
I've watched ROOTS more than 3 times, of course i know Ovan was the one behind that title, and it was he that caused him to go face 100 PKs. But do you know why he did that? Because he needed Haseo to experience fear. He needed him to let his emotions get him, to cause him such a fear of dying that would trigger Skeith, which is what Ovan wanted the most, to have a fully-awakened Skeith that would defeat him one day so he could trigger Rebirth and get rid of AIDA, saving her sister. The spreading about The Terror of Death was all just for that purpose, and meanwhile, the rumors spread by Encephalon and "he" are that, just rumors, about chain mails, black dots, girls in white, tuning forks, etc. Nothing absolutely that would help Ovan accomplish his goal, as the "rumor" of The Terror of Death was.
Sha
Location: Lives in a small apartment. Dreams of one day living in a large house filling with Corn Dracaena.

Post by Sha »

TheSorrow wrote:
have you watch .hack//Roots. From what I've learn in that, Ovan was the one that start the rumor about The Black Adept rouge, And My teory based on what he say to shino at Arche Koeln Waterfall about growing "a seed" (which is obviously mean "haseo" but I forgot what episode)

And don't you curious why haseo Avatar name is same with his PKK tittle name, Well ovan was behind that to.
I've watched ROOTS more than 3 times, of course i know Ovan was the one behind that title, and it was he that caused him to go face 100 PKs. But do you know why he did that? Because he needed Haseo to experience fear. He needed him to let his emotions get him, to cause him such a fear of dying that would trigger Skeith, which is what Ovan wanted the most, to have a fully-awakened Skeith that would defeat him one day so he could trigger Rebirth and get rid of AIDA, saving her sister. The spreading about The Terror of Death was all just for that purpose, and meanwhile, the rumors spread by Encephalon and "he" are that, just rumors, about chain mails, black dots, girls in white, tuning forks, etc. Nothing absolutely that would help Ovan accomplish his goal, as the "rumor" of The Terror of Death was.
Well, dont you think maybe Ovan spread the rumor so Haseo can caught a glimpse about what happen? or a clue that make him search for Signaless who give him some info about the White Girl wherebout.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, dont you think maybe Ovan spread the rumor so Haseo can get a glipse about what happen? or a clue that make him search for Signaless that give him a clue about the White Girl wherebout.
I highly doubt it, especially if it's a rumor that would only be spread in a Rumor board from members of the Empireo guild. Also, having Haseo know and try to research about those rumors would help nothing for Ovan's plot. By that point, all that Ovan wanted was to Haseo to Data Drain all other Epitaphs, and his plot consisted on figuring the way to trigger the other Epitaphs, like Fidchell, and have Haseo fight them. Having him going look for a girl in white (with was her sister, in fact, making random appearances in The World while in a coma, as she did with Bo) was going to help nothing, and same with the rest of the rumors. They're all very interesting and worth noticing them, and for us (GU players) they do let us know many interesting things, but, nothing really that would link them with Ovan's interests, enough to make him the "he"
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Encephalon can't further Ovan's goals. Ovan is no more "he" than he is Helba.

As for the idea of an AI attaching to Encephalon's PC, I'm sorry, but that seems to be like patent nonsense unless it's a friendly AIDA (in which case Encephalon would've been attacked by the Azure Knights, so I doubt it). Encephalon said that "he" visits him often and that he "comes to everyone, it's simply my turn."

IMO, Encephalon has a way of meeting the ordinary, embodied Rumor in some area of the game in the same way Yukino regularly met with Rin.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

AuraTwilight wrote:(in which case Encephalon would've been attacked by the Azure Knights, so I doubt it).
I know the Knights' intelligence is limited, but why would they attack a bug that's beneficial? Last I checked, Azure Kite wasn't a Nintendo employee.

EDIT: You also forgot my other query, but since it's impossible for me to know if you forgot, missed it, or ignored it, here it is again:

why would Encephalon's "he" be a candidate for being Rumor, but not Nuada, who seems to hint at being an AI himself? Or was there just no reason to say anything about Nuada's identity in this topic?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Master ZED wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:(in which case Encephalon would've been attacked by the Azure Knights, so I doubt it).
I know the Knights' intelligence is limited, but why would they attack a bug that's beneficial? Last I checked, Azure Kite wasn't a Nintendo employee.
Remember that cutscene in Vol.1 where Azure Kite Data Drained that player who looked innocent. Apparently, the player had an AIDA infection, minor, but he was probably infected with the benevolent ones. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been acting all normal. I think Aura basically programed AK to eradicate ALL AIDA, instead of just "eradicate the bad ones, ignore the good ones" programing.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Their job is to delete AIDA, period.
why would Encephalon's "he" be a candidate for being Rumor, but not Nuada, who seems to hint at being an AI himself? Or was there just no reason to say anything about Nuada's identity in this topic?
No reason why not, it works. I just like the Rumor idea.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

AuraTwilight wrote:
Their job is to delete AIDA, period.
No reason why not, it works. I just like the Rumor idea.

Their job is to fix system anomalies according to expository scenes in Roots. We see AK fixing a messed up patch in a grid pattern that we can only assume is something relevant to 『The World R:2』 in some way...

And by the way Tri-Edge, I love your Lucy/Nyuu/Kaede thing you have going on there. Elfen Lied is a great series, the ending to the manga had me almost in tears.

And also, according to something which I forgot the name of, the Azure Knights are also directly in charge of protecting Aura... She may have mentioned this directly in Redemption but I can't remember...
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

AuraTwilight wrote:Their job is to delete AIDA, period.
OK, though that sounds like an order Amagi would give, not Aura, who would know the kind of pain such a blanket command like that could cause.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Their job is to fix system anomalies according to expository scenes in Roots. We see AK fixing a messed up patch in a grid pattern that we can only assume is something relevant to 『The World R:2』 in some way...
That bug was created by AIDA, however. It's not the job of the Azure Knights to fix run-of-the-mill, ordinary bugs.
And also, according to something which I forgot the name of, the Azure Knights are also directly in charge of protecting Aura... She may have mentioned this directly in Redemption but I can't remember...
Well, yea, but that's not exactly their primary function.
OK, though that sounds like an order Amagi would give, not Aura, who would know the kind of pain such a blanket command like that could cause.
Aura wasn't able to complete the Azure Knights before the AIDA attacked, so she pretty much just sent them out as they were in a hurry and said "good luck, hurry up."
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Why, then, do the Azure Knights not attack the harmless AIDA in Returner? Harmful AIDA damage the game, while the harmless ones don't. Aura is probably aware of the fact that some AIDA is harmless and told the Knights to go after the harmful AIDA.

The way I'm thinking it is in the 'Tri-Edge' scene is that Kite probably busted through to get at some harmful AIDA that wasn't shown (like he did with Haseo at the beginning of Volume 1). I may be wrong, though. I don't pay attention to that cutscene 'cuz it scares me. >.<

Also, wasn't that when AIDA was at a minimal level of evolution? It could've ALSO been that the player didn't realize they had an infection, and that the infection itself was minimal. 'cuz if I remember correctly, Yata said something about the AIDA-infected players... I don't remember anything else though, but even my previous theory is probably wrong.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Why, then, do the Azure Knights not attack the harmless AIDA in Returner? Harmful AIDA damage the game, while the harmless ones don't. Aura is probably aware of the fact that some AIDA is harmless and told the Knights to go after the harmful AIDA.
Probably because, indeed, after the usage of Rebirth, the Knights and Aura noticed already that all the harmful AIDA was destroyed and the remaining ones showed no threat to The World, and so there was no reason to attack and destroy them. And they didn't attack such harmless AIDA before because they were mostly focused in Ovan, and the AIDA that was actually infecting people and altering The World's data.
The way I'm thinking it is in the 'Tri-Edge' scene is that Kite probably busted through to get at some harmful AIDA that wasn't shown (like he did with Haseo at the beginning of Volume 1). I may be wrong, though. I don't pay attention to that cutscene 'cuz it scares me. >.<

Also, wasn't that when AIDA was at a minimal level of evolution? It could've ALSO been that the player didn't realize they had an infection, and that the infection itself was minimal. 'cuz if I remember correctly, Yata said something about the AIDA-infected players... I don't remember anything else though, but even my previous theory is probably wrong.
You mean the scene where Azure Kite is shown DDing some random player? Apparently, he was an infected player, though not as severe or aggresive as it's commonly shown, and the player went into a coma because of the infection, not the actual Data Drain (which, at that level, should only cause some stunning for the person and the PC to be reformatted)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Note that after Cubia's defeat, Aura probably gave the Knights new orders, since you get their member addresses and all. Aura wasn't even awake enough to tell there were good AIDA until after the fact.
The guy he hit was infected with AIDA, and he went into a coma afterwards.
Probably. It's impossible to tell anyway, but I see no reason why the Azure Knights wouldn't go after all AIDA until Aura tells them otherwise once she wakes up and realizes there ARE good AIDA, and they're integrated into Za Warudo.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Well, it could've been a harmless AIDA or a harmful one. I just think it might've been a harmful one that hadn't really had time to get into the player, since AIDA was at a minimal level at that point. But I might be wrong. We should consult with the creators for this kind of crap >.>

I just don't think the Azure Knights would be primitive enough to go after something harmless, but that's just me. Aura did a LOT of crap in IMOQ before she was even born proper, like giving Kite the Bracelet and stuff... I think she'd be more self-aware than that when she was asleep.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I just don't think the Azure Knights would be primitive enough to go after something harmless, but that's just me. Aura did a LOT of crap in IMOQ before she was even born proper, like giving Kite the Bracelet and stuff... I think she'd be more self-aware than that when she was asleep.
She was born already by then, just not as the Ultimate AI, but she could still send e-mails and do other things while being fragmented.

I think that the Azure Knight's main task was to hunt and destroy Tri-Edge, with the rest of the AIDA being more-or-less "controlled" by it, so once Tri-Edge was destroyed, the Azure Knights saw no reason to keep hunting AIDA, especially now that they were no longer causing harm, so they just remained in standby, acting once again only when Aura was pretty much "summoned" in front of a character powerful enough to cause harm to Aura. It wasn't their "task" to protect her...but of course they aren't going to just stay there sitting while her creator seems to be in danger XD

This makes me wonder though....why they didn't go and attack Cubia, even though it could cause as much harm as AIDA and more?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:This makes me wonder though....why they didn't go and attack Cubia, even though it could cause as much harm as AIDA and more?
Given Aura's cute little self-reliance speech, they were likely ordered to stand down, and we just never saw them on the hunt prior to the Hulle Granz battle. Haseo acquiring Empty Skies was symbolic of this.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

We saw them take out an already-DDed Sakaki, but whether they could cause harm to an intelligent, unweakened AIDA keen on self-preservation has yet to be seen...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Master ZED wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:This makes me wonder though....why they didn't go and attack Cubia, even though it could cause as much harm as AIDA and more?
Given Aura's cute little self-reliance speech, they were likely ordered to stand down, and we just never saw them on the hunt prior to the Hulle Granz battle. Haseo acquiring Empty Skies was symbolic of this.
makes me raise the question, whats the point of Azure Kite having an Avatar-like transformation as the Azure Flame God?

I'm guessing it was just triggered when he Drain Heart'd the area data in the area on the "other side" of Morrigu Barrow Wall, but after think about the cut-scene it seemed self-triggered
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Plot device so that Skeith wouldn't beat the snot out of him, I guess.

You also gotta consider that Kite had the Twilight Bracelet and thus would be a match for the Avatars.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

She was born already by then, just not as the Ultimate AI, but she could still send e-mails and do other things while being fragmented.
Aura wasn't born until the defeat of Morganna. Pre-birth Aura was basically an AI Fetus.
This makes me wonder though....why they didn't go and attack Cubia, even though it could cause as much harm as AIDA and more?
Cubia is part of Harald's System, and doesn't really damage players and the game in the same way AIDA did. As far as the Azure Knights could tell, Cubia was Aura's guardian (which he is).

Besides, what could they do to stop it? They're not THAT stupid.
makes me raise the question, whats the point of Azure Kite having an Avatar-like transformation as the Azure Flame God?

I'm guessing it was just triggered when he Drain Heart'd the area data in the area on the "other side" of Morrigu Barrow Wall, but after think about the cut-scene it seemed self-triggered
Desperation move. Azure Kite probably created it on the spot.