Mysteries of characters in .hack: Helba and Zelkova

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Mysteries of characters in .hack: Helba and Zelkova

Post by AuraTwilight »

AIDA isn't a virus. It can behave in a virus-like way, but it doesn't have to. That's not a fundamental part of its nature. It's no more a virus than Morganna was.
Yes, but within the context of the series, they behave in a viral manner. The AIDA isn't intrinsically a virus, but it's taking the form of one.
|<!73

Post by |<!73 »

I see. My confusion comes from the N.A.B. (Network Analysis Bureau) In the game don't they declare AIDA a virus or was it just a suspicion?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Again, all these things are true of Morganna as well. Well, it wasn't the NAB, but someone declared Morganna a virus...
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

So calling AIDA "Viral A.I." is correct then? If it is, I owe someone some cash. :/
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Again, all these things are true of Morganna as well. Well, it wasn't the NAB, but someone declared Morganna a virus...
Morganna doesn't really behave like a virus and infect people and things, though. Everything she corrupts was part of her own being from the get go, or isn't carried out in a viral manner.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Yes she does, she caused the Second Network Crisis.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Malware != Virus. She just did some weird "Za Warudo" **** that messed up teh univarse's interbutts. According to the Liminality Easteregg, this was because of her trying to "grow out" of the game and escape it, but unless she hid herself inside of a file, it's technically not viral. Trojan, maybe.
ShiningWish

Post by ShiningWish »

This is actually very interesting. I just have two questions, if you higher ups may pardon me for my intrusion on this topic :

1. Where has it been seen that Zelkova might be an AI? Could someone inform me the source?
2. I believe it's Nuada that says that the Queen of Paradise's missing in R:2 and it's been left in the hands of a King. Would the King be Zelkova?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Its in the GU PerfectGuide IIRC. But its never been said, just implied or hinted: Take it with a grain of salt.

Nuada probably doesn't know that much. He's not really saying much of anything let alone hinting Zelkova is anything of a King: Talking nonsense.
ShiningWish

Post by ShiningWish »

Hmm. Good to see someone's still here. It's just he's my favourite character, and I also have an admiration for Helba, so I'm quite interested.

Besides, as we're talking about Zelkova , is there anything on background about Kaede and him ? From affection emails, what does Kaede or him say in them?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

ShiningWish wrote:Hmm. Good to see someone's still here. It's just he's my favourite character, and I also have an admiration for Helba, so I'm quite interested.

Besides, as we're talking about Zelkova , is there anything on background about Kaede and him ? From affection emails, what does Kaede or him say in them?
Kaede had a child when she was young, but she lost him do to her carelessness. She see's her son in Zelkova. He reminds her of her son who's death she still regrets.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

ShiningWish wrote:This is actually very interesting. I just have two questions, if you higher ups may pardon me for my intrusion on this topic :

1. Where has it been seen that Zelkova might be an AI? Could someone inform me the source?
2. I believe it's Nuada that says that the Queen of Paradise's missing in R:2 and it's been left in the hands of a King. Would the King be Zelkova?
#1. IIRC Zelkova never mentions the outside world and almost avoids it. People speculate that Zelkova is an AI because of his e-mail responses. In the game Zelkova know everything about the avatars, Yata, the Xth form to having the ability to free himself from the Akashic Records.

#2. From what I understand in .hack//Legacy Helba leaves Netslums in the hands of a female character named Spoke. It has not been proven but Spoke may also be Zelkova. Helba believes that Spoke is a being who will act as a guidepost for the changing world. Like a great tree that continues to point towards the heavens while surrounded by frantic hustle and bustle.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Spoke
ShiningWish

Post by ShiningWish »

Much like the explanation for Saku's creation, some of these dot hack backgrounds are really touching when you get their true meaning... others are self-explanatory , as Matsu being a bikegang leader and having top ranking at all bike missons. By the way , aren't only Guild Masters able of using bikes ? Did Zelkova grant the bike to Matsu so as to let him have some real-life like fun ? Or maybe Kaede prohibited Zelkova from playing with the bike, given he would go on rampage for chim chims.... But, talking about chimchims and Zelkova... why would an AI like him wish to stand out so much and insist on unique behavior? ( Young PC, hacked items , guildmaster of one of the two largest guilds, childish behavior at times )

Hmm. What I wonder is , when you say stuff about his emails, what kind of responses does he give in them, if you go over topics with him? Human topics, such as relationships, food, etc ? Endrance is a hikikomori himself, but he still mentions the outside in some of the replies .

For someone who watched Kamisama no Memochou, maybe Zelkova's a prodigy hacker who isolates himself, much like the protagonist?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

#1. IIRC Zelkova never mentions the outside world and almost avoids it. People speculate that Zelkova is an AI because of his e-mail responses. In the game Zelkova know everything about the avatars, Yata, the Xth form to having the ability to free himself from the Akashic Records.
True, so then why make it seem like its such a big secret? From playing GU itself, shows that Zelkova is special. Bastard even has the appearance of an AI lol.

Also, what's .Hack//Legacy?
Much like the explanation for Saku's creation, some of these dot hack backgrounds are really touching when you get their true meaning... others are self-explanatory , as Matsu being a bikegang leader and having top ranking at all bike missons. By the way , aren't only Guild Masters able of using bikes ? Did Zelkova grant the bike to Matsu so as to let him have some real-life like fun ? Or maybe Kaede prohibited Zelkova from playing with the bike, given he would go on rampage for chim chims.... But, talking about chimchims and Zelkova... why would an AI like him wish to stand out so much and insist on unique behavior? ( Young PC, hacked items , guildmaster of one of the two largest guilds, childish behavior at times )
The Guild Master privileges and powers are enigmatic at best. For all we know the most the Guild Master of a regular guild can do is manage the Guild abilities as we see and turn the entire @Home into a battlefield with monsters as we see with Gabi and his Kestrel guild. So its hard to say about the Steam Bikes.

AIs are unique entirely. Each one is different. IF Zelkova is an AI trying to understand what he does is just futile really. Look at the AI Rumor. He's an AI yet acts just like a regular player.
What I wonder is , when you say stuff about his emails, what kind of responses does he give in them, if you go over topics with him? Human topics, such as relationships, food, etc ?Zelkova's a prodigy hacker who isolates himself, much like the protagonist?
He'd probably just feign ignorance.

I doubt it, but we don't know.
(Phantom) Thief

Keyaki wrote: True, so then why make it seem like its such a big secret? From playing GU itself, shows that Zelkova is special. Bastard even has the appearance of an AI lol.

Also, what's .Hack//Legacy?
Zelkova may be more involved in the total plot of .hack than normal. I speculate that if Zelkova is an AI then Zelkova is involved a situation higher than Real or Soul Digitalization such as working against the organization MAMA or being involved with the first network crisis. That or the information may have been lost IN Gnu or somewhere else like what was supposed to happen to Sora & Haseo & The Eight Phases for .hack//Zero.

.hack//Legacy is a short light novel released in .hack//Archives 03. The series is after the Morganna Incident. Kite plans to study foreign languages and Helba takes a myseterious young heavy blade named Spoke under her wing. Kuukai skimmed it when the series was released. I also looked at it but haven't created the time to research more and finish getting the general idea. .hack//after2021 featured pretty much some of the same story at least about Kite.

http://i56.tinypic.com/nbf9.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/1rya6w.jpg
What I wonder is , when you say stuff about his emails, what kind of responses does he give in them, if you go over topics with him? Human topics, such as relationships, food, etc ?Zelkova's a prodigy hacker who isolates himself, much like the protagonist?
I don't have all of the e-mails on me. Give me a moment. I think there are some strange ones on GameFAQ.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Zelkova may be more involved in the total plot of .hack than normal. I speculate that if Zelkova is an AI then Zelkova is involved a situation higher than Real or Soul Digitalization such as working against the organization MAMA or being involved with the first network crisis. That or the information may have been lost IN Gnu or somewhere else like what was supposed to happen to Sora & Haseo & The Eight Phases for .hack//Zero.
I highly doubt Zelkova has any part in what the hell is going on //LINK or with that whole MAMA conspiracy let alone existed during the Morganna Incident. Zero does explain what happen with Sora and Skeith, the other Phases in Zero don't have much importance. According to Zero in LINK, Morganna didn't even split herself until sometime after the beginning of Infection.
ShiningWish

Post by ShiningWish »

It saddens me somewhat to think of him as an AI. Maybe I've gotten too much attached, haha. I beat the game in about three days just so I'd get my hands on him, you see.
(Phantom) Thief

Keyaki wrote:I highly doubt Zelkova has any part in what the hell is going on //LINK or with that whole MAMA conspiracy let alone existed during the Morganna Incident. Zero does explain what happen with Sora and Skeith, the other Phases in Zero don't have much importance. According to Zero in LINK, Morganna didn't even split herself until sometime after the beginning of Infection.
Agreed however Zero did not have an ending. Everything we learned about Sora & Ryou Misaki came from outside media such as information guidebooks, Unison and Link (lowercase). Also IIRCy didn't the data for Skeith Zero during Link created the data for the remaining Eight Phases? Because the novel was never finished the transition between Zero, the .hack games, Unison and G.U. and was incomplete for a while. Furthermore according to Zelkova's e-mails he knew that Yata played as an information broker during R:1 and what happened between the .hackers seven years ago. It doesn't prove Zelkova's existence but it does imply it. Also supposing Zelkova did have a purpose there isn't much left to work with story wise.
ShiningWish wrote:It saddens me somewhat to think of him as an AI. Maybe I've gotten too much attached, haha. I beat the game in about three days just so I'd get my hands on him, you see.
I would not threat about it. There is not enough evidence to support either case well. At best you could validly reason Zelkova's identity with an
inductive argument
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Also IIRCy didn't the data for Skeith Zero during Link created the data for the remaining Eight Phases? Because the novel was never finished the transition between Zero, the .hack games, Unison and G.U. and was incomplete for a while. Furthermore according to Zelkova's e-mails he knew that Yata played as an information broker during R:1 and what happened between the .hackers seven years ago. It doesn't prove Zelkova's existence but it does imply it. Also supposing Zelkova did have a purpose there isn't much left to work with story wise.
From what I can remember from Kuukai's analysis of the game. Morganna first split herself up as one single Skeith, which is the same Skeith that data-drained Orca. After that, Morganna then split herself into the rest of the Phases.
Zelkova's e-mails he knew that Yata played as an information broker during R:1 and what happened between the .hackers seven years ago.
I don't recall Zelkova ever mentioning the .Hackers.
(Phantom) Thief

I think there are two of them in the game. At the moment however I can only pull the greeting card information.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929995-hack ... faqs/51124
1. Yata +
>What do you think of Yata?

Yata is an old friend.
Did you know?
Yata has played as an information broker
even in the previous version of "The World".

2. Ovan +
>What do you think of Ovan?

Ovan is an old friend.
He's one of the few people that
got real close to the essence of "The World".
In a way, more than the brave ".hackers" of 7 years ago.