Mysteries of characters in .hack: Helba and Zelkova

Ratsu

Re: Mysteries of characters in .hack: Helba and Zelkova

Post by Ratsu »

Sorry to change the subject, but I guess this would be the best place to ask. In .hack GU Vol 2. every ones minds are stuck in their PCs right? So how come Yata and Nala are on at once? I cant remember exactly, but I believe I saw him at moontree during the AIDA server issue. And we all know Yata was there because he was talking to them. So dose yata have 2 minds or something? How can you have your consciousness in 2 PCs at once?

EDIT: on that same not, when every one was logged out and back to the real world, doesn't zelkova run to Haseo saying something along the line of "I just logged back in" O.o?
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Ratsu wrote:Sorry to change the subject, but I guess this would be the best place to ask. In .hack GU Vol 2. every ones minds are stuck in their PCs right? So how come Yata and Nala are on at once? I cant remember exactly, but I believe I saw him at moontree during the AIDA server issue. And we all know Yata was there because he was talking to them. So dose yata have 2 minds or something? How can you have your consciousness in 2 PCs at once?

EDIT: on that same not, when every one was logged out and back to the real world, doesn't zelkova run to Haseo saying something along the line of "I just logged back in" O.o?
I'll have some answers to this very soon, I just got Reminisce today, so I'll be playing through it in the next few days, but if I remember reading correctly...

Yes, Yata and Nala were on at once... the only thing I can say is that he has a very talented mind. He's an expert information gatherer, hacker, and generally good thinker... it could simply be shear willpower... or it could be what led to his mental breakdown in Redemption...(I don't think he was so weak minded as to break down simply because Sakaki took over his spot for a few days... always seemed a bit out of character for him to me)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:The significance is a little strong for that in-universe "maybe" not to be giving strong signals of "probably." As for memories, that's pretty much what .hack defines as pretty much the building blocks of the person, along with your consciousness. If your memories are one one side, the other side probably isn't doing too well.
Well, there are the memory fragments of SIGN characters, and they're fine. There are also multiple dupes of Harald. In a world that messed up, I'm going to take maybe as maybe.
Keyaki wrote:Okay so i took a closer look at it like you said, so what your saying is

in .Hack Logic, the "water" is the mental/spiritual link between Haseo and Skeith and the "size of the pipe" is the Xth Form? And that it does affect the link between the 2, just not give it a physical form?
Well, in response to "Zelkova said he tweaked the connection" to make Xth form, I'm saying he could have just tweaked the pipe in order to tweak the flow. Or maybe he was only talking about the pipe to begin with. And yes, the "pipe" is the Epitaph PC, which is now fully tapping into that connection. Don't take this too literally. I think it's solid as a rebuttal to your original statement, but it's not a perfect metaphor for everything that's going on. Just for the relationship between physical/data and mental/spiritual connection. At any rate Zelkova's role seems to have been to just give "physical" form to what already existed on the "spiritual" level.
Ratsu wrote:Sorry to change the subject, but I guess this would be the best place to ask. In .hack GU Vol 2. every ones minds are stuck in their PCs right? So how come Yata and Nala are on at once? I cant remember exactly, but I believe I saw him at moontree during the AIDA server issue. And we all know Yata was there because he was talking to them. So dose yata have 2 minds or something? How can you have your consciousness in 2 PCs at once?
I think that was bugging me at some point. They really were both there? Maybe some sort of admin command? It was probably just a mistake...
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Kuukai you of all people should know nothing in .hack is a mistake (typos aside) XD Well thats just the one thing bothering me, even if it was some kinda "admin" thing or if he had 2 windows open or what ever, his mind should only go to one PC right?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

I'm pretty sure plenty of things are mistakes, they just roll with them. There's evidence that they changed their minds twice about Haseo being Sora during development, and then finally decided he was and printed it (they released info about the prototype right as Rebirth came out, and one of the things they said had changed was "Haseo was originally going to be XXXX, from the original series." So somewhere between Rebirth and the Perfect Guidebook they changed it again...)

Do we see him in two places at the same time? I didn't think we did...
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

Kuukai wrote:I'm pretty sure plenty of things are mistakes, they just roll with them. There's evidence that they changed their minds twice about Haseo being Sora during development, and then finally decided he was and printed it (they released info about the prototype right as Rebirth came out, and one of the things they said had changed was "Haseo was originally going to be XXXX, from the original series." So somewhere between Rebirth and the Perfect Guidebook they changed it again...)

I'll find out soon enough.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Satoh wrote:
Kuukai wrote:I'm pretty sure plenty of things are mistakes, they just roll with them. There's evidence that they changed their minds twice about Haseo being Sora during development, and then finally decided he was and printed it (they released info about the prototype right as Rebirth came out, and one of the things they said had changed was "Haseo was originally going to be XXXX, from the original series." So somewhere between Rebirth and the Perfect Guidebook they changed it again...)

I'll find out soon enough.
Well its around the begining of the game so if you see them togeather... wait I think I remember when, Yata send haseo to meet with moon tree, and you see Nala there as well.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Well, in response to "Zelkova said he tweaked the connection" to make Xth form, I'm saying he could have just tweaked the pipe in order to tweak the flow. Or maybe he was only talking about the pipe to begin with. And yes, the "pipe" is the Epitaph PC, which is now fully tapping into that connection. Don't take this too literally. I think it's solid as a rebuttal to your original statement, but it's not a perfect metaphor for everything that's going on. Just for the relationship between physical/data and mental/spiritual connection. At any rate Zelkova's role seems to have been to just give "physical" form to what already existed on the "spiritual" level.
OK, I'll leave it at that...........
(they released info about the prototype right as Rebirth came out, and one of the things they said had changed was "Haseo was originally going to be XXXX, from the original series."
lol, are you saying that originally Haseo was going to be in XXXX?
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

That's not the same time though, that's why it could be explained as some sort of swap command...

I meant YYYY, or ____, four blank spaces. Well technically it's 2 Japanese spaces, so it's anywhere between 2-10 of our spaces You should read that as "Haseo was originally going to be BLANK, from the original series."
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

On the Yata/Nala point, I assumed Yata was controlling Nala through some sort of Admin remote-control thing.
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

AuraTwilight wrote:On the Yata/Nala point, I assumed Yata was controlling Nala through some sort of Admin remote-control thing.
I considered the fact that Nala might be a bot, but at the time of the AIDA server incident, no one could log in or out and everything was being done in the game physically, by the players, as opposed to using a controller.

Though it is possible he was doing it from the Serpent of Lore's interface module. At least at the beginning, I still haven't done the assault on Moon Tree yet.

To be perfectly clear though, Yata specifically mentions that no one could log in or out during that time, and both he and Nala were online at once.

I considered that Nala might just be Yata's PC heavily modified, but I can't imagine that happening without first logging out. So for now, I agree with AT's admin-bot idea.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

dude Zelkova is so totally Helba. the jobs may have changed but the person hasnt. also take into consideration that once ur a queen u dont wanna give up ur throne. and also the fact that Nuada says: "the Queen has become a King". could u get anymore obvious than that?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yes, because it doesn't really say anything clear, and Nuada doesn't say that literally as it is...if i remember well, he says something like "There was once a Queen, and there is now a King". Plus, under some circumstances, Helba would definetly give up her throne as long as she knows that someone will occupy it quite well :P

I still don't think that he's Helba.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:dude Zelkova is so totally Helba. the jobs may have changed but the person hasnt. also take into consideration that once ur a queen u dont wanna give up ur throne. and also the fact that Nuada says: "the Queen has become a King". could u get anymore obvious than that?
1) You got the quote wrong, it's "There was once a Queen, now it's a King."

2) Helba isn't selfish and powerhungry. She ruled Net Slum for a purpose: To understand the secrets of Za Warudo. She pretty much accomplished this when she learned the secrets of Aura, so when she vanished, Helba had no reason to stick around. Plus, I suspect Zelkova is an AI, so if that's the case and Helba learned of his hacking skills, she decided, "Well damn, a computer could do a better job than I could. Yo kid, I'm gonna go hack other things, ring me if Aura comes back, I guess."
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

AuraTwilight wrote:
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:dude Zelkova is so totally Helba. the jobs may have changed but the person hasnt. also take into consideration that once ur a queen u dont wanna give up ur throne. and also the fact that Nuada says: "the Queen has become a King". could u get anymore obvious than that?

2) Helba isn't selfish and powerhungry. She ruled Net Slum for a purpose: To understand the secrets of Za Warudo. She pretty much accomplished this when she learned the secrets of Aura, so when she vanished, Helba had no reason to stick around. Plus, I suspect Zelkova is an AI, so if that's the case and Helba learned of his hacking skills, she decided, "Well damn, a computer could do a better job than I could. Yo kid, I'm gonna go hack other things, ring me if Aura comes back, I guess."
I can picture Helba saying just that XD;
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Satoh wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:

I can picture Helba saying just that XD;
heh, yea

In a more cryptic way
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

AuraTwilight wrote:
ELF hackage, go!
Nuada wrote:Oh yeah, the "Paradise" I told you about the other day.
I have another rumor about it.

In the old days, you needed approval from the "Queen" to enter the "Paradise". However, the "Queen" disappeared along with "R:1". What do you think happened to the "Queen"?

Rumor says that the "Queen" is now a "King" who is overlooking "Paradise".
A "Queen" becomes "King"... Do you get this metaphor?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...Well, crap ':P I don't get the metaphor though .3.

But, Zelkova isn't Helba anyways XD
Satoh

Post by Satoh »

it could be a reference to playing cards... or perhaps a chess game.

The Queen who is the most powerful piece, and the King who does little, but is indispensable as he rules everything.

EDIT: Hell, it could even be a hint the Zelkova is Lios! we don't have enough info just yet...

(I'm beginning to feel like I'm in the Rumors board itself now...)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Satoh wrote:

EDIT: Hell, it could even be a hint the Zelkova is Lios!
NO!!
NO!!!!!!!!!

OH F*CK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!