"X-st" Form. Not a typo.

_Tri-edge_

"X-st" Form. Not a typo.

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

After coming across a topic on the offical dothack forums site, I found this funny, and impressive hack done by MasterZED.

Your eyes are not deceiving you. If you watched //Trilogy and Haseo's B-ST form in action, you'll know why this is cool.
Now, Dual Wielding Broadswords is possible in Redemption. The good news is, according to ZED, THE HACK WORKS!
bloodwolf2a2

Re: "X-st" Form. Not a typo.

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

Is it a code using a codebreaker?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

AWESOME.

That is all.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

bloodwolf2a2 wrote:Is it a code using a codebreaker?
Unfortunately, it's more complex than that. Here's the conversation.

Originally Posted by _Tri-edge_
That's incredible. B-ST Form type Dual wielding of the Broadswords. I'm guessing they function like normal twin blades.

Indeed. I replaced the Spin Gorai's graphics with the Broad Legged. A simple pointer change, nothing fancy at all.

Quote:
Does the hack work completely? because I can see this crashing the instant you attack.

Amazingly, yes, they do! The fact that I got the swords to show up like this is a minor miracle in itself, but they act just like the Gorai... except the part where I replaced the Rapid Attack ability with the scythe Hold and Release attack. You can't actually do that, but if you try to, the game turns that particular move into a Rapid Attack that deals half regular attack damage on each hit for up to 14 hits, with small victims incapable of movement during the assault. A video will go up when I have a fight and supporting characters in mind, as I want all three party members to use new weapons.

Quote:
Can't see the video for some reason, so I'm making a guess.

No, that video is of Icolo fighting the Sweepstakers. That video is mostly for fun, but is proof for an entirely separate reason; I've successfully given Sirius the ability to fight in Redemption. Along with the Moon Tree captains left behind in Reminisce (Sakaki, Nala, Hiiragi, and Sophora), AIDA Bordeaux, Atoli's injured form, and Haseo's first and second forms, Sirius has most of his old functionality back. I'm just trying to figure out as much about the models as I can before I release those codes.

I'll probably work on releasing the weapon codes first though since that data has been much more lenient, as that "X-st Form" pic illustrates (plus I imagine a lot of people have wanted dual Centipedes since Trilogy came out). I thought it would crash too, but the game agreed with my insane request.
bloodwolf2a2

Post by bloodwolf2a2 »

That is just crazy I want to try and do that some time but that seems hard to do.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Amazing :O!!!!

But isn't it possible to make the graphic replacement with only cheat codes? Doesn't really sound too complex to be only capable of doing by actual hacking and modifying the game's data directly...heck, the model change he used for the video sounds alot more complex, and that was done all with codes XD
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:But isn't it possible to make the graphic replacement with only cheat codes?
When I said "a simple pointer change," I actually meant "I only needed one code." Sorry for the confusion, I was still having fun and forgot to make myself clear; I was in the midst of blowing people away with my DG-Garma, then I had the brilliant idea to create the DG-Hidaru and went nuts for a while. :axe:

(that smiley is a good representation of how that weapon acts; just imagine a bullet flying out every time the axe starts going up)

Anyway, the weapon data consists of 16 bytes (or four "20" prefix CB codes), eight of which I've figured out. Once I know what the other eight do, I'll start writing up a detailed document on new weapon creation.
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

Master ZED wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:But isn't it possible to make the graphic replacement with only cheat codes?
When I said "a simple pointer change," I actually meant "I only needed one code." Sorry for the confusion, I was still having fun and forgot to make myself clear; I was in the midst of blowing people away with my DG-Garma, then I had the brilliant idea to create the DG-Hidaru and went nuts for a while. :axe:

(that smiley is a good representation of how that weapon acts; just imagine a bullet flying out every time the axe starts going up)

Anyway, the weapon data consists of 16 bytes (or four "20" prefix CB codes), eight of which I've figured out. Once I know what the other eight do, I'll start writing up a detailed document on new weapon creation.
You.... are a god.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Ratsu wrote:
Master ZED wrote: When I said "a simple pointer change," I actually meant "I only needed one code." Sorry for the confusion, I was still having fun and forgot to make myself clear; I was in the midst of blowing people away with my DG-Garma, then I had the brilliant idea to create the DG-Hidaru and went nuts for a while. :axe:

You.... are a god.
Yeah, i was the first to say that :P lol

I'm really looking forward to see your weapon creations. I can barely imagine what kind of awesome combinations could be made, both for you to use and to fight against, if that's possible as well XD
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

So wait... can you hack ANY weapon and give it any weapon sprite with any effects? (like pile on things like 50% critical hit with all the status effects and stuff like that?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:I'm really looking forward to see your weapon creations. I can barely imagine what kind of awesome combinations could be made, both for you to use and to fight against, if that's possible as well XD
Well, I did fight against Xth Form Haseo with my own character, so I don't see why I couldn't do something like fight a 3-ST Form Haseo clone and Natsume with Sirius' Death Fist while using Xth Form Haseo and three different versions of the Fenlong, along with the DG-Garma (that weapon rocks; I'd imagine if 3rd Form could use dual guns, they'd look similar to that thing). There's a lot of things I could do, so whatever I pick for a demo video has to be really cool.
Ratsu wrote:So wait... can you hack ANY weapon and give it any weapon sprite with any effects? (like pile on things like 50% critical hit with all the status effects and stuff like that?
I have run into select limitations. For example, dual guns cannot have any particular attack type (hold and release, rapid attacks) or you'll just end up shooting with invisible guns (they work and have sound effects, at least). You also cannot use the Demon Slice as a dual gun, since that actually will lock up the game the moment it fires. The Garma worked fine, so I'll see if the problem shows up with other unique weapons like the King's Tail and Silent Jade.

Also, that DG-Hidaru locked the game up when I used the Skill Trigger to switch to the original Scythe Hidaru. Funny considering I could which between Broad Legged and Spin Legged without incident, and using the Trigger to switch to other types of weapons didn't bother it prior to the lockup. This may be a case where one won't know what the game will be disagreeable about until you try it, because so far I haven't hit many barriers. I will try things like giving Rapid Attacks to a bayonet and applying the Lord Partizan H&R to a scythe before I write that guide to see what kind of lunacy the game will tolerate (and if its anything like that twin Centipede "scythe H&R" rapid attack, it'll be loads of fun).
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

HOW THE F*CK DO YOU DO THAT!!!!!!?!???!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOTTA TEACH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I'm telling ya, this guy's a Zelkova of this game.
FallenDragon
Location: Lost In A Sea Of Thoughts...or falling asleep in front of the monitor

Post by FallenDragon »

Wow...just wow. Master ZED, you never cease to amaze me.
Saku

Post by Saku »

had no idea how'd that go, but anyway its WICKED COOL dude !!!
JaTochNietDan

Post by JaTochNietDan »

That's interesting, I didn't know that you could do so much using Codebreaker, I might just get myself a copy soon, I guess it uses memory address hacking?

Anyway, this is excellent :P
Kitsune~

Post by Kitsune~ »

Ratsu wrote:
Master ZED wrote:

You.... are a god.
Zed. You are indeed, The Master. XD

And this is incredible, even though it wasn't that complex of a code to pull off. Props to you :3
xthform22

Post by xthform22 »

I so want to see a video using this against the final Ovan fight
Aww Heck

Post by Aww Heck »

not bad, Master ZED,

now if you dont mind my asking(and anyone may answer):
i'm aiming to learn all things about the tribal grappler class, even game mechanics, and thus seek a cheat that would allow for me to play as Pi, with her weapons, armor, accessory, and inventory...
i also should note i only have access to a Gameshark or ARMAX, and thus my question(s) becomes:
what would such a code be? would it be the one provided in the GFAQs faq? or would it be bigger?
any/all help is muchly apreciated, thanks