The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

Post by AuraTwilight »

3) In other words a "don't question it?" thing? I really do hate those, it makes me want to question it. Like, when CC Corp tried to remove the box and the game started working, did they really reinsert it totally unmodified, or did they tamper with it? And if so, is that how CC Corp originally learn about the Avatars? Just questioning things
They learned about the Avatars from the Sora and Mia situations, and they don't seem to have the ability to "tamper with" the Black Box folders, since to this day they still can't mess with the Lost Grounds.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

Keyaki wrote:
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:uhm... how does anything related to aina have anything related to ovans lost weapon? i is confuzzleds... anyway the whole creators room thing. is that where aida was first sighted? if so then i believe that the creator had created a program that would lay dormant for many years and then allow it 2 awaken at the correct time
AIDA wasn't first sighted in the Creator's Room>> Its where it first appeared after it found the world.

After Aura disappeared from the network, the result of Aura's absence from the internet made the network malfunction and bug up. After awhile the malfunctions and bugs, etc manifested into "natural AIs". After a while, after more and more AIs appeared, a mutant then appeared in the network. This "mutant" had and aggressive and hostile demeanor. And after wandering the network it found itself in The World, in the Creator's Room. There was no program that layed dormant in the room that Harald put there for it to activate now.
oh well that was just my theory. i didnt kno if aida had been first sighted in the creators room or not so thats y i came to that conclusion. excuse my stupidity :3
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:A flying cat that is a common model in the game that multiple people have.
"Multiple people" being...?
AuraTwilight wrote:Piroshi-san designed the graphics of the game: If he says the PC is illegal, it's frickin' illegal.
AuraTwilight wrote:since to this day they still can't mess with the Lost Grounds.
He also said he designed the Cathedral's graphics...
TheSorrow wrote:2. If Aina and Ovan were to be banned for their designs, which would've been probable (they did that in Legend of the Twilight Bracelet...not sure if in the manga though), then they would have no trouble unbanning themselves. I mean, Ovan freaking found The Creator's Room and the means to access it as he wished, so bypassing a small "barrier" that doesn't let him or her sister log in would be so darn simple.
This is circular reasoning. The entire reason we're talking about whether or not Aina's PC is legal is because we don't all agree that Ovan was a hacker. Additionally, it's already been explained they they entered the room via AIDA corruption.
TheSorrow wrote:3. The Epitaphs have sprites and designs because they were programmed since the Black Box, only altered by several factors in GU (players sprites, emotions, etc). And AIDA has sprites and images and all that because they're still data that exist on the internet and adquire/modify already-existing data, similar to the Data Bugs, but way more stable and with better looks. The World bypasses boundaries just like that, they have monsters and images that maybe they were never programmed and would never be found if you go deep into it's coding...but, it still exists and you're seeing it right in front of your eyes.
Uhh, the graphics for most of The World aren't part of the black box.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

"Multiple people" being...?
Unimportant NPCs. Tabby's Wedding has some characters use the model, and then there's the Medical Union.
CountDOOMDestroyer

Kuukai wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:2. If Aina and Ovan were to be banned for their designs, which would've been probable (they did that in Legend of the Twilight Bracelet...not sure if in the manga though), then they would have no trouble unbanning themselves. I mean, Ovan freaking found The Creator's Room and the means to access it as he wished, so bypassing a small "barrier" that doesn't let him or her sister log in would be so darn simple.
This is circular reasoning. The entire reason we're talking about whether or not Aina's PC is legal is because we don't all agree that Ovan was a hacker. Additionally, it's already been explained they they entered the room via AIDA corruption.
i dont remember it being explained that aina and ovan entered the room via aida corruption. in vol3 u find out how ovan was infected by aida and when this happens he and aina r already in the creators room, so i dont see how this could have happened. unless ovan happened upon the creators room as a cause of aida of course then i could see how this logic would work. however i do not and have not seen this. in //ROOTS ovan already has that arm of his with the lock(which is kinda cool btw just thought i would add that for no reason) so i dont really kno how the aida corruption could b linked to them being in the creators room or even finding it for that matter
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:Unimportant NPCs. Tabby's Wedding has some characters use the model, and then there's the Medical Union.
Medic Union doesn't fly. In Tabby's wedding the only flying character you see is Phyllo himself, in the Roots flashbacks.
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:i dont remember it being explained that aina and ovan entered the room via aida corruption. in vol3 u find out how ovan was infected by aida and when this happens he and aina r already in the creators room, so i dont see how this could have happened. unless ovan happened upon the creators room as a cause of aida of course then i could see how this logic would work. however i do not and have not seen this. in //ROOTS ovan already has that arm of his with the lock(which is kinda cool btw just thought i would add that for no reason) so i dont really kno how the aida corruption could b linked to them being in the creators room or even finding it for that matter
The AIDA corruption happened before Ovan was infected, and opened up a glitch path to the area that Aina discovered, possibly the same or similar to the one Haseo uses to get there. This is all stated in .hack//Truth, a long article where the creators explained a lot of plot points more fully.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Piroshi-san designed the graphics of the game: If he says the PC is illegal, it's frickin' illegal.
I know that, I'm just saying that he couldn't be the only one.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Uhh, the graphics for most of The World aren't part of the black box.
...And that's what i meant D: Maybe i wasn't too clear and i didn't want to say that EVERYTHING was from the Black Box, or even most of it...in fact, just the Epitaphs and Lost Grounds. And my point on that was to make clear that only because people didn't directly program things like AIDA's graphics or Epitaph's looks, it doesn't mean they "can't" exist in The World...they still have looks, graphics, animations, and several other effects, even if no one really created them and wanted them to look that way exactly. No one created AIDA and decided how it was going to look like, and yet, it was all over The World.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Because the AIDA are artificially intelligent and created their own graphics and such. Vagrant AIs seem to do the same thing.
CountDOOMDestroyer

Kuukai wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Unimportant NPCs. Tabby's Wedding has some characters use the model, and then there's the Medical Union.
Medic Union doesn't fly. In Tabby's wedding the only flying character you see is Phyllo himself, in the Roots flashbacks.
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:i dont remember it being explained that aina and ovan entered the room via aida corruption. in vol3 u find out how ovan was infected by aida and when this happens he and aina r already in the creators room, so i dont see how this could have happened. unless ovan happened upon the creators room as a cause of aida of course then i could see how this logic would work. however i do not and have not seen this. in //ROOTS ovan already has that arm of his with the lock(which is kinda cool btw just thought i would add that for no reason) so i dont really kno how the aida corruption could b linked to them being in the creators room or even finding it for that matter
The AIDA corruption happened before Ovan was infected, and opened up a glitch path to the area that Aina discovered, possibly the same or similar to the one Haseo uses to get there. This is all stated in .hack//Truth, a long article where the creators explained a lot of plot points more fully.
oh O.O i didnt kno that... i dont think i even knew there was a .hack//Truth... either way tho sorry for my retardedness
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

Wow huge derailment then get back on topic sheesh. So much for being able to roam the sea of data without having to worry about this. Alright first off something that no one has set straight (and a few of the people should have cause they know this) is that AIDA did not first find The World via The Creator's Room. It was the first AIDA that was dangerous that found The Creator's Room. Remember AIDA always existed in the game but it wasn't dangerous at all. Eventually over time after lil Ms. Aura disappeared it started to go a little weird. Eventually, certain AIDA got to the hostile point and that's when we first know about this AIDA that corrupts people like Ovan. This is even stated on Wikipedia so go check there if you so desire. Also, in truth Ovan's pc is legal, remember after the AIDA corruption though he got a hacked part on his pc, which would be his left arm seal. Before that he had a left arm that was regular. PC's can look extremely different I mean if your going to say Ovan's pc is hacked then you might as well question Kuhn's, Endrance's (which we know he isn't a hacker and he is to young to be one), and Sakubo's pc's. They all are unique as are several people within the game such as Taihaku, Matzu, Alkaid, and actually everyone on your friends list and those who aren't but play roles in the game like the palace emperor's, Guild Leaders, Moon Tree's branch leaders, and many more. We all know that several of those people are not hackers and would be to young to even consider the possibility of being a hacker. But as far as Ovan goes, if I remember correctly doesn't Yata mention that back when he was Wiseman, him and Ovan were hackers and worked together.

My whole thing on the PC's was basically stating Aina's pc doesn't mean its hacked just because its unique. People seem to be thinking this and I just want to clear that up.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

ZelkovatheWise wrote:Endrance's (which we know he isn't a hacker and he is to young to be one)
ZelkovatheWise wrote:We all know that several of those people are not hackers and would be to young to even consider the possibility of being a hacker.
Wow, you have never played a real MMO before, have you?

You're not wrong about them not being hackers, but that argument is ****.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Aura didn't "go away more" to make the AIDA hostile. The first AIDA on the internet appeared after she left...
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

It was the first AIDA that was dangerous that found The Creator's Room. Remember AIDA always existed in the game but it wasn't dangerous at all. Eventually over time after lil Ms. Aura disappeared it started to go a little weird. Eventually, certain AIDA got to the hostile point and that's when we first know about this AIDA that corrupts people like Ovan.
I already explained that.

http://dothackers.net/forums/viewtopic. ... &start=160
(which we know he isn't a hacker and he is to young to be one),
................Since when did age have to do with hacking abilities? In case you forgotten Wiseman was like 9-10 and he was hacking Morganna up along side Lios and Helba >>
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

I beg to differ Wiseman was 13 thank you. Also I resent that MMO statement, I happen to play a lot of MMO's like WoW and Runescape. I have probably been playing them longer than you.

Also *tackles Mellow Grunty playfully*, ^_^ I missed you Mellow. *hugs tightly* It's me Phyllo of Mac Anu. Do you remember me? I forgot the password to my old account so I was forced to make Zelkovathewise back in 08 and that's why I up and dissappeared. I think also they got rid of my account since it was inactive for over a year cause I've lately been trying all my old passwords and its telling me the account does not exist.
Last edited by ZelkovatheWise on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

ZelkovatheWise wrote:I beg to differ Wiseman was 13 thank you.
Yeah no he was 10.
ZelkovatheWise wrote:Also I resent that MMO statement, I happen to play a lot of MMO's like WoW and Runescape. I have probably been playing them longer than you.
OMG UR SOOO COOOOOOOL =D U MUST B LYK RLY OLD N RLY SMRT RITE!?!?!??!+1+!+1+?!?!?!?1+?!?1+?!+
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

If you were here right now I would hit you for calling a girl old. But no I am not as old as Aura is lol :D I just happen to have much free time on my hands. I deal with my college work here and there, my job, but I still manage to have loads of hours to play online.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Nobody cares about your SUPER COOL life and it doesn't change that you were wrong on several points.
ZelkovatheWise

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

No one stated I had a super cool life, in fact its dull and boring for your information. But as for my wrong on several parts, Mellow I would like to see some concrete evidence to back up what you've stated as I never see any evidence. While the rest of us here use places other than Wikipedia as a valid source of information.
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

Your inability to detect irony even when it's in caps is amusing.
ZelkovatheWise wrote:the rest of us here use places other than Wikipedia as a valid source of information.
ZelkovatheWise wrote:Eventually over time after lil Ms. Aura disappeared it started to go a little weird. Eventually, certain AIDA got to the hostile point and that's when we first know about this AIDA that corrupts people like Ovan. This is even stated on Wikipedia so go check there if you so desire.
Gigglesnort.

The only other person who has ever said Wiseman is not 10 years old in the first series of games is you. Plus, you said yourself that I'm "the only one who uses Wikipedia as a source here" so Keyaki had already gotten Wiseman's age right just a couple of posts ago with his/her superior source. What kind of silly source do you have, then?

Even IF Wiseman was 13 as you said, your argument would still be stupid. Apparently Endrance, who's 20 years old, is far too young to even consider hacking an online game, while it's completely fine for a 13-year old kid to do it.