The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Re: The mystery behind Ovan's lost weapon.

Post by Gemcrim »

No one gives a **** about your life Zelkova, stop mentioning it as an excuse for your **** ups. Just stop mentioning it in general unless it's a valid topic in conversation.

As for Wiseman it has been a long while since I played IMOQ but if I remember correctly you find out he's in 4th grade within one of the e-mails in quarantine possibly relating to a soccer he wanted to invite Kite to, if not in an earlier email in outbreak. We know for a fact Yata is 17 tells you in an email in GU volume 3, Yata is Wiseman and GU takes place 7 years after IMOQ therefore Wiseman is 10. You've claimed to play the games a lot so, you should know this, unless you haven't bothered experimenting with all your greeting cards with every character then you've little excuse.

Alternatively the .hack wiki lists him at 10 and if you don't believe that, then as Mellow stated with your own words, you advocate the use of wikis, why would you not believe this? And really what's a more valid source of information than the .hack wiki, what do you go on youtube or some dumpy ass sites that don't know a damn thing?
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I'd point out the fact that Wiseman is indeed 10 in IMOQ, though that point's been covered a few times before, so I'll just ignore it.

Instead, I'll skip to a few of your other points...

-AIDA was not always lurking in The World. It first appeared when Aura disappeared. Before then, it didn't exist. But because AIDA evolves like a sentient lifeform, it eventually became malevolent and attacked Ovan. And its connection with all other existing AIDA caused the malevolence to spread.
-If Wiseman (at 10, or 13 as you say) is already an adept hacker, then how come people like Endrance (20, albeit not actually a hacker as far as we know) and Ovan (26 and possibly a hacker) are "too young" to be hackers? This makes little sense.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...And this topic remains alive everytime ZelkovatheWise comes here to post something, and only so everyone can prove her wrong. lol

Anyways, yes, almost every main character in the games have an "unique design", but they're not "unique" because they're the only ones in the game to use it or anything like that...they're unique because the designers of .Hack made them that way, so you identify them as the main characters and can clearly notice differences between them and everyone else. If we consider The World as a real and full MMO, and not just what we can see in the games, then we'd easily find other characters that look EXACTLY like Kuhn, Sakubo, Endrance, IYOTEN, Bordeaux, etc, just with differences like maybe that Kuhn has short hair, or that Endrance has a black outfit, or that Sakubo a different skirt design, etc. That's even something you get to notice and think about the very moment Haseo meets Atoli...like Sakaki said, in such a big MMO, it's not much surprising to get to see people with the exact designs as the people you know. The only reason why you don't get to see another case like that it's because CC2 didn't feel the need to make more characters that looked like the original ones, and wanted to keep their originality for you, the player, the viewer....but if you imagine yourself to be in the .Hack universe for a moment, playing The World R:2, you shouldn't be surprised if you see someone looking exactly like Matsu, except he has brown afro hair and is called "Gangstuh4lyf". And yeah, even Phyllo's design could be found with some ease...maybe not as much since not alot of people would enjoy playing as some little animal in a game that's about fighting monsters and sometimes players, but it'll be there someplace.
And with the current case with Aina, IF Ovan is really a hacker and Aina's PC is really hacked, or at least modded at some extent, then it's because her design is something that can't be accessed to while making your character, and probably wasn't even created by the designers at all. And there's lots of proof for Ovan to be a hacker (his findings, the knowledge he seems to have about technical things, what he and Yata share, etc), so yep, maybe he didn't do much to Aina's PC and just made the dress a little more spiffy than it was, but whatever it was, it was enough for catch Piros' attention.

And though everyone else has already "replied" to this one topic, i'll just add that i've played MMO's in the past and lurked in other places of the interwebz, and have met hackers as young as 12 years old, and i mean, REAL hackers, not just script kiddies that find something on Google, copy and paste it, test it a little, and brag about it. And also, i've noticed that the average age of hackers in MMO's tends to be around 14-15 years old, kids that are still bored, learn quick, and find some entertainment in testing and learning things on their own for their random purposes. So, no one is too "young" to be a hacker, and if Wiseman had started with hacking and messing around codes since he was 8 years old, then it's nothing impossible to consider (surprising, yes, but possible...and not that surprising when we already know who he is).
ZelkovatheWise
Location: Netslum and sometimes at the Moon Tree 7 Council Throne Room

Post by ZelkovatheWise »

TheSorrow is the only one who seems to have noticed that thus far. ^_^ sorry for making this topic come back alive I just like to make old topics have a REBIRTH so they may try again. As far as what I state really I tend to sometimes purposely throw random made up **** in there for the heck of it but much of what I say is true but needs to be seen in a view different than what some might think. As far as my life is concerned I'd like you to drop it as I was not the one who really started that up, I kept getting things from people saying no one cares about your "so-called, super cool life" when I had actually never once said that my life was cool, nor did I ever actually state entirely what I do. I was trying to clarify something and people want to just take things out of context. Anyways this topic has gotten so derailed I would think its best that we just close it really and if people wanna discuss this as several people still seem interested in it and in like 20 or more posts back I brought up some information that some people found interesting (while others say they are theories so they can't be true) we can make a new thread. Also people remember nothing ever started out as fact in the world. Everything is nothing more than a theory until its either dis-proven by many things or its proven. So theories are not wrong and they are not right they are just nothing more than theories.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

It doesn't matter if every main character has a unique-looking PC. In the storyline, this is acceptable, and people comment that Haseo, for example, is just imitating the Terror of Death.

Aina, however, is specifically stated by Piroshi to have a hacked PC. There's no getting around it.

Also, ZelkovaTheWise, you can just stop. No one finds you at all interesting, praise-worthy, or knowledgeable. You can quit trying (poorly) to imitate me. You're like Nanase, but ur doin it rong.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Gemcrim wrote:No one gives a **** about your life Zelkova, stop mentioning it as an excuse for your **** ups. Just stop mentioning it in general unless it's a valid topic in conversation.
This crosses the line into flaming. It's not only needlessly hurtful, it's a just plain needless reiteration of something that was already stated in a more toned-down way. Don't do that. You've been warned. Please review the board's rules if you really need to.
AuraTwilight wrote:Aina, however, is specifically stated by Piroshi to have a hacked PC. There's no getting around it.
Except for, you know, the fact that he's Piroshi, that he hung out with an illegal PC (Mia) forever without saying anything, that he's discredited by his claim that he created the cathedral graphics that were part of the black box, and that he can't possibly have worked on every part of the game. Additionally, the unique flying ability (not to mention ghosting in Vol.2) of Aina's other friend Phyllo derails any ability to pin this on Ovan, it could be a obscure early game option or made by mad cat-grandpa hacking.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

so Keyaki had already gotten Wiseman's age right just a couple of posts ago with his/her superior source.
Aww, thx :3
...And this topic remains alive everytime ZelkovatheWise comes here to post something, and only so everyone can prove her wrong. lol

Anyways, yes, almost every main character in the games have an "unique design", but they're not "unique" because they're the only ones in the game to use it or anything like that...they're unique because the designers of .Hack made them that way, so you identify them as the main characters and can clearly notice differences between them and everyone else. If we consider The World as a real and full MMO, and not just what we can see in the games, then we'd easily find other characters that look EXACTLY like Kuhn, Sakubo, Endrance, IYOTEN, Bordeaux, etc, just with differences like maybe that Kuhn has short hair, or that Endrance has a black outfit, or that Sakubo a different skirt design, etc. That's even something you get to notice and think about the very moment Haseo meets Atoli...like Sakaki said, in such a big MMO, it's not much surprising to get to see people with the exact designs as the people you know. The only reason why you don't get to see another case like that it's because CC2 didn't feel the need to make more characters that looked like the original ones, and wanted to keep their originality for you, the player, the viewer....but if you imagine yourself to be in the .Hack universe for a moment, playing The World R:2, you shouldn't be surprised if you see someone looking exactly like Matsu, except he has brown afro hair and is called "Gangstuh4lyf". And yeah, even Phyllo's design could be found with some ease...maybe not as much since not alot of people would enjoy playing as some little animal in a game that's about fighting monsters and sometimes players, but it'll be there someplace.
And with the current case with Aina, IF Ovan is really a hacker and Aina's PC is really hacked, or at least modded at some extent, then it's because her design is something that can't be accessed to while making your character, and probably wasn't even created by the designers at all. And there's lots of proof for Ovan to be a hacker (his findings, the knowledge he seems to have about technical things, what he and Yata share, etc), so yep, maybe he didn't do much to Aina's PC and just made the dress a little more spiffy than it was, but whatever it was, it was enough for catch Piros' attention.

And though everyone else has already "replied" to this one topic, i'll just add that i've played MMO's in the past and lurked in other places of the interwebz, and have met hackers as young as 12 years old, and i mean, REAL hackers, not just script kiddies that find something on Google, copy and paste it, test it a little, and brag about it. And also, i've noticed that the average age of hackers in MMO's tends to be around 14-15 years old, kids that are still bored, learn quick, and find some entertainment in testing and learning things on their own for their random purposes. So, no one is too "young" to be a hacker, and if Wiseman had started with hacking and messing around codes since he was 8 years old, then it's nothing impossible to consider (surprising, yes, but possible...and not that surprising when we already know who he is).
Sorry Sorrow, but I just couldn't read that, just abig wall of text.
As far as my life is concerned I'd like you to drop it as I was not the one who really started that up, I kept getting things from people saying no one cares about your "so-called, super cool life" when I had actually never once said that my life was cool, nor did I ever actually state entirely what I do. I was trying to clarify something and people want to just take things out of context.
All we're saying is that none of us care what happens in your real life, so we're just asking you stop commenting it here. Thats all we're saying.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Sorry Sorrow, but I just couldn't read that, just abig wall of text.
...I should do this more often -3-'

tl;dr: ZelkovatheWise is trying too hard. Just because the main characters' looks are unique to us doesn't mean they're unique for The World R:2. Aina's, however, is, because it's modded to an extent. And hackers can be 15 years old or younger and it's something somewhat common and that i've seen myself.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except for, you know, the fact that he's Piroshi, that he hung out with an illegal PC (Mia) forever without saying anything, that he's discredited by his claim that he created the cathedral graphics that were part of the black box, and that he can't possibly have worked on every part of the game. Additionally, the unique flying ability (not to mention ghosting in Vol.2) of Aina's other friend Phyllo derails any ability to pin this on Ovan, it could be a obscure early game option or made by mad cat-grandpa hacking.
Mia escapes by Rule of Funny, and even if he didn't work on every part of the game, game designers...lol, you know, collaborate and keep in touch with each other. He would atleast know if someone else created that graphic, officially. I still do not believe Phyllo's hovering is illegal, considering that no one in the entire series mentions this as really unusual; He was also in plain sight where the game administrators could've easily dealt with him. Unlike Mia, with her magical super AI protection, and Aina, who spends most of her time in areas outside of the normal game data.

As for creating the cathedral graphics, I sincerely don't remember that line. Can you point me towards it?
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

AuraTwilight wrote:As for creating the cathedral graphics, I sincerely don't remember that line. Can you point me towards it?
He didn't explicitly state it, closest he even came to implying this was by gesturing to the altar with the Tri-Edge sign.

For reference see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9mhFQeeqyk

So no he didn't outright state he made graphics for the lost grounds or the cathedral at that and it's likely he didn't, but I don't really know so won't state this for certain.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:Mia escapes by Rule of Funny, and even if he didn't work on every part of the game, game designers...lol, you know, collaborate and keep in touch with each other. He would atleast know if someone else created that graphic, officially.
Piroshi screaming about a gothloli was also supposed to be comedy. Piroshi is a Graphic Designer. On a large project like The World, yes, I would be surprised if he had seen every single design that went into the game. It would be a pretty lousy use of employee time to have everyone go over everything always...
AuraTwilight wrote:I still do not believe Phyllo's hovering is illegal, considering that no one in the entire series mentions this as really unusual; He was also in plain sight where the game administrators could've easily dealt with him. Unlike Mia, with her magical super AI protection, and Aina, who spends most of her time in areas outside of the normal game data.
No one besides Piroshi ever mentions Aina either, and until she discovered the Creator's Room she hung out in the normal game just like everyone else. She's the one who introduced Phyllo and Ovan, after all. Phyllo also did a weird ghosting effect to his PC most mortem, and it's hard to believe that's legit...

Actually, I just rewatched it, and he's talking about the fact that she's a ghost-like AIDA more than anything:
Piroshi-san wrote:As if Tri-Edge wasn't enough, now a hacked PC has decided to appear! Unforgivable! I will make it my life's work to vanquish that disgustingly cutesy, little goth ghost!
Maybe her PC is illegal on top of this, but given the fact that she is an AIDA-infested ghost thing as well you certainly can't draw any conclusions from this statement alone. Teleporting around the world as a weird phantom certainly constitutes "hacked." Was there another quote?
Gemcrim wrote:He didn't explicitly state it, closest he even came to implying this was by gesturing to the altar with the Tri-Edge sign.

For reference see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9mhFQeeqyk

So no he didn't outright state he made graphics for the lost grounds or the cathedral at that and it's likely he didn't, but I don't really know so won't state this for certain.
He gestures at it as he says, "But one day he saw something he couldn't believe right before his very eyes! His super-amazing ultra-incredibly cool graphics that he slaved over for many waking hours had been all etched up with these hideous triangular monstrosities!" The singular/plural distinction here is ambiguous as it is, but even moreso in Japanese. For the most part it sounds like he's just talking about this one, but do you really think he saw the Sign that offended him on a field, and then ran to the Cathedral for some reason? And after this he gets upset about Signs in other Lost Grounds, never fields. I always just shrugged it off as Piroshi living in his own little world...
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Kuukai wrote:but do you really think he saw the Sign that offended him on a field, and then ran to the Cathedral for some reason?
Maybe? That sounds like something he'd do. I don't really know if he's telling the truth about making Lost Ground models and textures to be honest with all the black box crap which I'm somewhat vague on regarding the Lost Grounds, if this is cleared up maybe I'd be more certain as to whether he made anything for them. Though I'd question why the mysterious and what I'm under the impression are untouchable Lost Grounds (untouchable by CC corp anyway) would have graphics made for them by CC Corp.

Maybe he's more angry over the fact that signs are around in the first place, and in the case he didn't make anything for the lost grounds maybe finding a sign there angered him enough... and also he wants to use the area for dramatic confrontation?

I really don't know, never really thought much into it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Piroshi screaming about a gothloli was also supposed to be comedy. Piroshi is a Graphic Designer. On a large project like The World, yes, I would be surprised if he had seen every single design that went into the game. It would be a pretty lousy use of employee time to have everyone go over everything always...
It wouldn't be at all difficult to recognize that gothlolis don't belong, once you notice that, say, there's no option to select it, for instance, or that hairstyle doesn't exist in the game options, or yadda yadda. He doesn't need to go over every model.

And his complaining about Aina had plot significance, so comedy or not, it was valid. Everyone else in the game thought she was some ghost NPC due to her model. You expect me to buy that it's totally legal, but no one else in the entire game has a model even remotely like Aina's?
No one besides Piroshi ever mentions Aina either, and until she discovered the Creator's Room she hung out in the normal game just like everyone else. She's the one who introduced Phyllo and Ovan, after all. Phyllo also did a weird ghosting effect to his PC most mortem, and it's hard to believe that's legit...
People on the boards mention Aina, that's part of what kicks off the whole thing. Phyllo's ghosting thing I'll give you, but that was post-mortem, and to do something very specific and highly important for Haseo and whatnot. What're they gonna do, anyway, ban him? He's dead.
Maybe her PC is illegal on top of this, but given the fact that she is an AIDA-infested ghost thing as well you certainly can't draw any conclusions from this statement alone. Teleporting around the world as a weird phantom certainly constitutes "hacked." Was there another quote?
The fact that Piroshi has gone out of his way to describe what she looks like is telling, along with his obsession pretty much nigh-exclusively with graphical transgressions, like the Signs.
He gestures at it as he says, "But one day he saw something he couldn't believe right before his very eyes! His super-amazing ultra-incredibly cool graphics that he slaved over for many waking hours had been all etched up with these hideous triangular monstrosities!" The singular/plural distinction here is ambiguous as it is, but even moreso in Japanese. For the most part it sounds like he's just talking about this one, but do you really think he saw the Sign that offended him on a field, and then ran to the Cathedral for some reason? And after this he gets upset about Signs in other Lost Grounds, never fields. I always just shrugged it off as Piroshi living in his own little world...
Or it could be an epic meta-joke, when you consider that he's the in-game representation of an actual producer who pretty much created everything.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:It wouldn't be at all difficult to recognize that gothlolis don't belong, once you notice that, say, there's no option to select it, for instance, or that hairstyle doesn't exist in the game options, or yadda yadda. He doesn't need to go over every model.
This is all well and good, but there's nothing he says that indicated they don't belong. Replay it.
AuraTwilight wrote:Everyone else in the game thought she was some ghost NPC due to her model.
Everyone thought she was a ghost because she floated and teleported around, not because of how she dressed.
AuraTwilight wrote:You expect me to buy that it's totally legal, but no one else in the entire game has a model even remotely like Aina's?
Where is this coming from? We just went over this topic, lots of characters don't have "clones" seen in-game, some don't even have remote ones...
AuraTwilight wrote:People on the boards mention Aina, that's part of what kicks off the whole thing. Phyllo's ghosting thing I'll give you, but that was post-mortem, and to do something very specific and highly important for Haseo and whatnot. What're they gonna do, anyway, ban him? He's dead.
The people on the boards mention ghost Aina. Find a real example if you think they're talking about something else. Like you I misremembered her normal avatar itself being illegal for some reason, but I replayed and I can't find anything to support that. As far as Phyllo ghosting goes, Aina knows a confirmed hacker that isn't Ovan. Even if her PC was hacked (and that is a much more remote possibility than I first thought), it doesn't necessarily indicate anything about Ovan.
AuraTwilight wrote:The fact that Piroshi has gone out of his way to describe what she looks like is telling, along with his obsession pretty much nigh-exclusively with graphical transgressions, like the Signs.
Not really, he's just pissed.
AuraTwilight wrote:Or it could be an epic meta-joke, when you consider that he's the in-game representation of an actual producer who pretty much created everything.
Yup, could be. Which is what makes him unreliable, what with the meta-humor and all.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AuraTwilight wrote:It wouldn't be at all difficult to recognize that gothlolis don't belong, once you notice that, say, there's no option to select it, for instance, or that hairstyle doesn't exist in the game options, or yadda yadda. He doesn't need to go over every model.
This is all well and good, but there's nothing he says that indicated they don't belong. Replay it.
AuraTwilight wrote:Everyone else in the game thought she was some ghost NPC due to her model.
Everyone thought she was a ghost because she floated and teleported around, not because of how she dressed.
AuraTwilight wrote:You expect me to buy that it's totally legal, but no one else in the entire game has a model even remotely like Aina's?
Where is this coming from? We just went over this topic, lots of characters don't have "clones" seen in-game, some don't even have remote ones...
AuraTwilight wrote:People on the boards mention Aina, that's part of what kicks off the whole thing. Phyllo's ghosting thing I'll give you, but that was post-mortem, and to do something very specific and highly important for Haseo and whatnot. What're they gonna do, anyway, ban him? He's dead.
The people on the boards mention ghost Aina. Find a real example if you think they're talking about something else. Like you I misremembered her normal avatar itself being illegal for some reason, but I replayed and I can't find anything to support that. As far as Phyllo ghosting goes, Aina knows a confirmed hacker that isn't Ovan. Even if her PC was hacked (and that is a much more remote possibility than I first thought), it doesn't necessarily indicate anything about Ovan.
AuraTwilight wrote:The fact that Piroshi has gone out of his way to describe what she looks like is telling, along with his obsession pretty much nigh-exclusively with graphical transgressions, like the Signs.
Not really, he's just pissed.
AuraTwilight wrote:Or it could be an epic meta-joke, when you consider that he's the in-game representation of an actual producer who pretty much created everything.
Yup, could be. Which is what makes him unreliable, what with the meta-humor and all.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

Eh this is a bit old but a thought comes to mind though somewhat unrelated. Like others I was certain the game stated Aina was hacked by Ovan, but I couldn't find this in a recent playthrough. Now for the thought: something very obvious, Kite and Haseo's PCs in R:1 and 2.

Now as with Mia, Piros never mentions her or Kite as being abnormal (well at the very least he referred to Mia as "cat-person" which she obviously is. But he doesn't make a big deal about either of them). And with Haseo, he see's him in his Xth form, why didn't he make a big deal about this? One could argue it's because they are "friends" but moving on, Aina is the only character he makes a huge deal about (with the exception of "Tri-Edge" whom he never actually meets), now I'm not sure if it's due to appearance or AIDA but I am leaning toward the latter.

This isn't to say Aina's appearance isn't hacked, however he seems either dense or apathetic to just about every other character whose appearance isn't normal. So for Piros' reaction at the very least, if he did in fact SEE her I'd say he's picking out Aina due to AIDA, if he did not it would probably just be based off what he's heard.

Now as for whether Aina's PC has actually been hacked, I honestly don't know, but seeing as Yata saw Ovan as a fellow hacker and Aina being the man's cute little sick sister, I would jump to conclusions that Ovan would want to treat her extra special, giving her such things as a completely unique appearance (and the Epitaph of Twilight but... you know, not really talking about that). However, this isn't supported by many facts.

tl;dr
Piros is a hypocrite on the subject of hacked PCs, viciously pursuing them if they're female and NOT furries OR if they have an affinity for drawing triangles.
Celes

Post by Celes »

AuraTwilight wrote:1) Because there would've been no Lost Weapon, but still a spot in the Lost Ground.

2) For the same reasons his Roots weapons looked like Alkaid's: Coincidence and laziness.
yeah, you're right.
But for me that game's designer did this like one of those videogame mysteries, to make people play more the game.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Gemcrim wrote:Eh this is a bit old but a thought comes to mind though somewhat unrelated. Like others I was certain the game stated Aina was hacked by Ovan, but I couldn't find this in a recent playthrough. Now for the thought: something very obvious, Kite and Haseo's PCs in R:1 and 2.

Now as with Mia, Piros never mentions her or Kite as being abnormal (well at the very least he referred to Mia as "cat-person" which she obviously is. But he doesn't make a big deal about either of them). And with Haseo, he see's him in his Xth form, why didn't he make a big deal about this? One could argue it's because they are "friends" but moving on, Aina is the only character he makes a huge deal about (with the exception of "Tri-Edge" whom he never actually meets), now I'm not sure if it's due to appearance or AIDA but I am leaning toward the latter.

This isn't to say Aina's appearance isn't hacked, however he seems either dense or apathetic to just about every other character whose appearance isn't normal. So for Piros' reaction at the very least, if he did in fact SEE her I'd say he's picking out Aina due to AIDA, if he did not it would probably just be based off what he's heard.

Now as for whether Aina's PC has actually been hacked, I honestly don't know, but seeing as Yata saw Ovan as a fellow hacker and Aina being the man's cute little sick sister, I would jump to conclusions that Ovan would want to treat her extra special, giving her such things as a completely unique appearance (and the Epitaph of Twilight but... you know, not really talking about that). However, this isn't supported by many facts.

tl;dr
Piros is a hypocrite on the subject of hacked PCs, viciously pursuing them if they're female and NOT furries OR if they have an affinity for drawing triangles.
All of this can be explained by Rule of Funny.
Gemcrim
.hack//legendick
.hack//legendick

Post by Gemcrim »

I tend to ignore "Rule of Funny" (along with "Rule of Cool") and try to find sense in things anyway (even if there is none and allows "Rule of Funny" to work), so though Piros' behavior applies to the rule, it's something I care little for in comparison to the overall plot.

Now disregarding that to focus on Aina directly, whether Aina is hacked or not before AIDA's infection. I say this is something still debatable as there are no hard facts I could find stating this. I keep going back and forth between yes and no largely due to other main characters, many of them have small similarities with other NPC's in character design (largely clothing) with the exception of a few attributes such as missing articles of clothing, color, and hair style. The exceptions that I can say are completely unique are Haseo's 3rd form, Xth Form, Piros, Antares, one can say Pi however a picture on the Apkallu boards shows a PC with a similar costume, and I would say Sakubo but I find enough similarity between them and NPCs such as Syake with the exception of the hat and exposed middle.

What I'm trying to say is I think Aina's PC has been hacked if only due to being related to Ovan, a hacker (following Yata's words on this) who I doubt played legitimately and I doubt his appearance or Aina's to be legal, hers especially due to their relationship and what he already did for her (have her follow him to the creator's room, giving her the sought after Epitaph of Twilight) I find that it's not too much a stretch her PC was already hacked before AIDA. The problem with me thinking this, there is a lack of hard evidence.

But this is just me spouting **** really. Not so much purposely as it's I'm trying to figure out what the **** is going on with Aina, without accepting tropes or "main characters can appear unique" as an adequate answer to everything.

tl;dr: Focusing more on Aina, I'm arguing in favor of her being a hacked PC due to what we're aware of about Ovan pre-game thanks to Yata and making assumptions.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I tend to ignore "Rule of Funny" (along with "Rule of Cool") and try to find sense in things anyway (even if there is none and allows "Rule of Funny" to work), so though Piros' behavior applies to the rule, it's something I care little for in comparison to the overall plot.
Piroshi is the Self Insert of one of the big developers of the series, and he contributes nothing to the actual plot and is pretty much comedy relief. He's nothing BUT Rule of Funny. There's no other way to justify his existence.