doppel gangers

Haseootamashi

doppel gangers

Post by Haseootamashi »

xD im having trouble defeating the doppel ganger and im like....the most epic in .hack...hell all .hack fans are xD we are EEEEEPIIIIC!! xD anyways =P iv beaten the game before but i want to beat it again with everything unlocked before i get the xth form....im not sure if i have to have the xth form to defeat a doppel ganger or not....so am i? i thank you for the future info.

-embrace your inner hack- "haseootamashi"

yup i made up tthat quote like.......when .hack sign was on tv xD which was years ago...anyways cya guys later

and remember!!! dot hack and the players and the fans of everything .hack rule!!!
Last edited by Haseootamashi on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: doppel gangers

Post by TheSorrow »

You can defeat the Doppelganger before getting the Xth form, but he's just easier once you're at lv150 and in order to get the rewards from him you must fight him after getting Xth Form (well, i'm not sure of what happens if you beat him in 3rd form in Vol. 3 :P Probably the Key Item or the Vol. 2 weapons if you don't have them).
There are ALOT of ways to defeat Doppelganger, and i love playing with him on solo XD If you just want to defeat him, assuming you're in 3rd Form Redemption, use your favorite team members (Sakubo and Endrance are the best against him, but anything except Harvest Clerics is fine), carry alot of items such like The Lovers (Charm) or The Hanged Man (Paralysis), and attack him like your life depending of it, then use a Beast Awakening and attack him even harder, and repeat until he dies. Since he changes weapons as you do, you'll want to stick with using a single weapon all the battle, best option being a Broadsword. As for armor, something like Anti-Sleep might work well, a good accessory can be one with the abilites Skill Boost or Super Charge. Beating him in Xth Form is the same, except that, depending of how far you're in story, you can have better options for weapon abilities such like Critical Attack, or smashing him with the bike with the Shock Tempt so he gets charmed forever and doesn't do a thing.
There are alot more things to say about Doppel, but keeping it simple, that's about it :3 You might want to check this guide if you wanna know more about him, it has pretty much everything there's to know about Doppel, or at least, more than i know 'XD
Alren

Post by Alren »

You know, for me, doppel dificulty was dropping from vol 1 to 3, Am I the only one to think this?

I mean, it took me a lot to beat him in rebirth, in reminisce was far more easier, and in redeptiom was kids play. Levels dont mean anything but the equippement is the real deal. In redemption you can customice your equipment a lot, meaning better ways for defending againts doppel and of course, a lot of more attacking potencial.

You dont need great strategies to kick doppel ass in redemption, just get some handly team members, grab a pair of the items that bost your stats a lot and reduces the enemys, specifically, the ones that increase you atack and defense and the one that decreases the enemy defense. This will bost this stats by 30 and down doppels by 30, thats a great handicap.
So, like always, field, beat enemy, charge morale and face doppel as soon as he appears (or use the moonligth word to make him appear from the start of the area.
Use your bost items and surprise atack him (its pretty easy if you got the rapid demon shoes), as soon as the battle starts, use the item that owns his defense and then beast awakening. And thats it, no more story. If your party members are on same levels than you or close to it, and well equipped, doppel is owned.

As I did with reminisce, I beat the crap out of him prety much at the begging of the game. As soon as I got Xth form, I repeated the process with the same result. And just the same after cubia.

Of course, doing this, you will only be able to equip doppels dual guns(because the other to items, doppels armor and accesory, are lv150), but hey, you pwned him three times and didnt break a nail. Prety cool, huh? XDD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I agree with you, but you don't even need stat boosting items to defeat him, and hell, knowing how Doppel is actually like you can beat him only with Haseo without ANY items, Doppel's armor, or Bike effects (i've tried it, if you're careless you might only need a few Restoring/Noble Drops but that's it..the rest is easy >3>)

And not only Doppelganger actually became easier, but you also had alot more to your advantage since Reminisce. In Rebirth, your best weapon attachment would be Backstab that would barely help since Doppel doesn't stays still, and Physical -25 for armor was useless since Doppel's weakest attacks were around the 30's. Not even fully alchemized weapons would do enough damage, and if he simply poked you you'd be confused or charmed. In Vol. 2, once you get his weapons, they stop having their special effect unless you have a weapon with those effects, or better instead, his weapons equipped (if you have Fenlong after you obtain Heine's Zero and fight him with it, his Charm or Mortar-like effect from it won't appear), and you with Paralysis and new abilities it was already possible to beat him solo without much problem, and with simply a friend like Endrance with you he'd be pwned easily without an Awakening. And in Redemption...the only real problem is if he has no SP and you have Haseo alone, and you feel like using Dual Guns while he doesn't has any ailment on....because he'll juggle you to death. Other than that, it's even easier to defeat him solo :P And after getting his armor and accessory....not even his dual-juggling will do a scratch to you XD

They should've added more difficult to Doppel, in balance to all the stuff you were able to get. And the SP shield doesn't counts, since thanks to it you don't have to worry about him using skills.
Alren

Post by Alren »

Well, I mentioned the bost items because it makes things quicker, (I only needed half of an awekening to beat him)

And yes, I agree with you. They should have rised a lot more doppel dificulty for vol3, with all the gear you can get out there, its no great diference that he has 8 levels above you and SP damage (as you said, makes things even more easier)

However, what made really sad was that after all the effort, getting all the special equipement (doppel gear, fully upgraded lost weapon, DG-Z) and get it alchemiced (including cheat alchemy), there is nothing in the game that can be a treat for you, not even solo. ****, with Other self alchemiced all atacks landed on you do 90% less of damage! and with shadow you regenerate at the same speed as doppel... you are ***** inmortal you know.

I was expecting a challenge with true Ceronus, and he was down in a few minutes, wtf? this was the great secret ubberenemy... how disappointing.
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

TheSorrow wrote:You can defeat the Doppelganger before getting the Xth form, but he's just easier once you're at lv150 and in order to get the rewards from him you must fight him after getting Xth Form (well, i'm not sure of what happens if you beat him in 3rd form in Vol. 3 :P Probably the Key Item or the Vol. 2 weapons if you don't have them).
There are ALOT of ways to defeat Doppelganger, and i love playing with him on solo XD If you just want to defeat him, assuming you're in 3rd Form Redemption, use your favorite team members (Sakubo and Endrance are the best against him, but anything except Harvest Clerics is fine), carry alot of items such like The Lovers (Charm) or The Hanged Man (Paralysis), and attack him like your life depending of it, then use a Beast Awakening and attack him even harder, and repeat until he dies. Since he changes weapons as you do, you'll want to stick with using a single weapon all the battle, best option being a Broadsword. As for armor, something like Anti-Sleep might work well, a good accessory can be one with the abilites Skill Boost or Super Charge. Beating him in Xth Form is the same, except that, depending of how far you're in story, you can have better options for weapon abilities such like Critical Attack, or smashing him with the bike with the Shock Tempt so he gets charmed forever and doesn't do a thing.
There are alot more things to say about Doppel, but keeping it simple, that's about it :3 You might want to check this guide if you wanna know more about him, it has pretty much everything there's to know about Doppel, or at least, more than i know 'XD

O_O okay just have to say it....go die sakubo xD!!! and endrance is a sexeh **** xP and id rather have endrance and like.....piros, hes way more stronger and yeah....sakubo is a looooser xD
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

Alren wrote:You know, for me, doppel dificulty was dropping from vol 1 to 3, Am I the only one to think this?

I mean, it took me a lot to beat him in rebirth, in reminisce was far more easier, and in redeptiom was kids play. Levels dont mean anything but the equippement is the real deal. In redemption you can customice your equipment a lot, meaning better ways for defending againts doppel and of course, a lot of more attacking potencial.

You dont need great strategies to kick doppel ass in redemption, just get some handly team members, grab a pair of the items that bost your stats a lot and reduces the enemys, specifically, the ones that increase you atack and defense and the one that decreases the enemy defense. This will bost this stats by 30 and down doppels by 30, thats a great handicap.
So, like always, field, beat enemy, charge morale and face doppel as soon as he appears (or use the moonligth word to make him appear from the start of the area.
Use your bost items and surprise atack him (its pretty easy if you got the rapid demon shoes), as soon as the battle starts, use the item that owns his defense and then beast awakening. And thats it, no more story. If your party members are on same levels than you or close to it, and well equipped, doppel is owned.

As I did with reminisce, I beat the crap out of him prety much at the begging of the game. As soon as I got Xth form, I repeated the process with the same result. And just the same after cubia.

Of course, doing this, you will only be able to equip doppels dual guns(because the other to items, doppels armor and accesory, are lv150), but hey, you pwned him three times and didnt break a nail. Prety cool, huh? XDD
i found he was a synch in rebirth and reminisce and he was hard in redemption....well the area version of doppel gangers of course, the one that you have to beat when on the verge of getting to the final stage of cubia and going through all the doppel gangers was easy xD
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

Alren wrote:Well, I mentioned the bost items because it makes things quicker, (I only needed half of an awekening to beat him)

And yes, I agree with you. They should have rised a lot more doppel dificulty for vol3, with all the gear you can get out there, its no great diference that he has 8 levels above you and SP damage (as you said, makes things even more easier)

However, what made really sad was that after all the effort, getting all the special equipement (doppel gear, fully upgraded lost weapon, DG-Z) and get it alchemiced (including cheat alchemy), there is nothing in the game that can be a treat for you, not even solo. ****, with Other self alchemiced all atacks landed on you do 90% less of damage! and with shadow you regenerate at the same speed as doppel... you are ***** inmortal you know.

I was expecting a challenge with true Ceronus, and he was down in a few minutes, wtf? this was the great secret ubberenemy... how disappointing.
iv never fought him yet...so i cant agree or disagree, i got to the 50th floor got tabby, and started bringing all my characters affection level up just to see the special marriage endings xD, i made a new file of redemption so i can complete EVERYTHING, and i went back to my old file and im like "wow **** i did not complete barely anything" so i made a new file and im completeing everything....thank god i got that item from the return of the gold goblins quest, it makes you able to run 25% faster and makes it so the enemys cant see you xD before i found out about the enemy not seeing you part i ran up to an enemy..noticed it couldnt see me and im like "OMG SWEET weeeee!!. *starts running around the group of enemys"..well it took me a whole 3-4 hours to get to the 50th floor of the forest of pain cause i killed, took every item along the way, and destroyed all the mushrooms and got like 798 chim spheres xD yeah i noticed how much i got when i got tabby and left the forest of pain xP. so now im just gonna run through the area without a care in the world xD unless i get an urge to kill that is xP
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Haseootamashi wrote:O_O okay just have to say it....go die sakubo xD!!! and endrance is a sexeh **** xP and id rather have endrance and like.....piros, hes way more stronger and yeah....sakubo is a looooser xD
No wonder why you think Doppelganger is hard >-> lol Sakubo's Lost Weapon is VERY powerful and the Pha spells are to not be underestimated...Sakubo can inflict alot of damage to Doppel and stop his movements, and if you use a Rengeki right after a spell then the spell won't stop and will continue damaging as you do the Rengeki, leading to tons of damage. Of course, i won't deny Piros is quite strong and useful too, and can be a very awesome choice as well, and if you equip his weapon with Jet Speed Attack you'll pretty much get instant Rengekis. And although Sakubo is a better choice, at least in my opinion (based on power and usefulness), you can even bring Bordeaux and Kaede and Doppel will still be easy :P
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

TheSorrow wrote:
Haseootamashi wrote:O_O okay just have to say it....go die sakubo xD!!! and endrance is a sexeh **** xP and id rather have endrance and like.....piros, hes way more stronger and yeah....sakubo is a looooser xD
No wonder why you think Doppelganger is hard >-> lol Sakubo's Lost Weapon is VERY powerful and the Pha spells are to not be underestimated...Sakubo can inflict alot of damage to Doppel and stop his movements, and if you use a Rengeki right after a spell then the spell won't stop and will continue damaging as you do the Rengeki, leading to tons of damage. Of course, i won't deny Piros is quite strong and useful too, and can be a very awesome choice as well, and if you equip his weapon with Jet Speed Attack you'll pretty much get instant Rengekis. And although Sakubo is a better choice, at least in my opinion (based on power and usefulness), you can even bring Bordeaux and Kaede and Doppel will still be easy :P
seriously!? o_o wow.....iv doubted the lil brat xD i upgraded her weapon to full and never even looked at how powerful it was xD
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

the only problem i have with piros is hes such a weirdo xD
EtherealDeath

Post by EtherealDeath »

-
Last edited by EtherealDeath on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

niiiice ^_^ but for me it was zelkova and endrance ^_^ we kicked the doppelgangers butt! ^_^ theyre actually pretty easy....and wow i finished this on the day the sorrow posted how to do it and it took me this long to reply rotfl

oh and i defeated cubia xD he was so annoying!!!!!!! i had to keep healing everyone (zelkova helped alotr by bringing up the partys sp all the way and sometimes health) but i had to keep using rengeki and just plain skill triggers and just kept shooting him with dgx or o...i cant remeber which one you get from the doppelganger but i used those xD well i had heals and stuff, it took me an hour to beat him xD i was so irritated when he healed...but when you beat him you get an epic gun weapon and the ending videos are somewhat sad but happy so i was pleased with all the effort i went on to beat ceruunos =] lol
i used zelkova and endrance (rotfl theyre practically my favourite party members ^_^)
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

Alren wrote:Well, I mentioned the bost items because it makes things quicker, (I only needed half of an awekening to beat him)

acctually i found cerunoos to be quite a challenge, but i beat him...thank god xD
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

1 hour? Difficult? o-o Just what level you were when you fought Cubia and Cernunnus?
Haseootamashi

Post by Haseootamashi »

TheSorrow wrote:1 hour? Difficult? o-o Just what level you were when you fought Cubia and Cernunnus?
when fought cernunnus i was 147, with cubia, only 130 but cubia took me 10 minutes, cernunnus took me that long cause my team members kept dying, and the fact that it was 3 in the morning...
terrorofdeath99

Post by terrorofdeath99 »

Cernunnos? That wimp was super easy. 7 mins would suffice. lv.147
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

7 min?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT56utZsYVU

Level hardly makes a difference on it. I was just level 150 because i cleared all phase bonuses, and beating like 50+ enemy teams will get you to 150 so easily. I could fight it at lvl140 or maybe less and still win like that.
terrorofdeath99

Post by terrorofdeath99 »

Update: 1 min
Azure_Kite316

Post by Azure_Kite316 »

Dude u have 2 get Xth form before u get the Dopplegangers, u get it after fighting ovan