Game freezes

Skeith13

Re: Game freezes

Post by Skeith13 »

Yes, some people have had many problems with freezing or just the game not working. I would go back and get a new copy because that game is defective.
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

Just about everyone had their game freeze there.

Skip the scene to get past the freeze. Watch the scene here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBZAGO-K_3A
Hyuuga

Post by Hyuuga »

Just restart the PS2 if that happens. Works fine to me.
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

My copy never had that problem, nor did two of my friends'. It seems to just be in certain copies of the game.
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

Mine has the problem.
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

Do you require a parrot, reading glasses or both?
.khun

Post by .khun »

i remember this is a glicth that was happened in the Japanese version also...mine also have problem...does the company dint do anything about this?
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

Suikoden wrote:Do you require a parrot, reading glasses or both?
You've been in a foul mood lately, eh?

My copy hasn't frozen once. Not even the normal boss-battle lag.
It's only in certain copies, I'd say. Either the shipping or the company has the fault, or it's coincidence.

When the cutscene comes up, the pressing start and skipping it would help. If it's a scene change that's freezing, then there's a problem.
you either A)need a new copy or B) need to play through it until it works.
Oddly, my copy of Vol 2 froze alot around the Moon Tree adventure, but as I played the game everythign that froze eventually ironed itself out.
This may be something to think about.
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

It might just be the lagging of your memory card as well. You might just have too much memory even though in order to play the game, you need to have a certain amount.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

Dot-Hack-Rocks wrote:It might just be the lagging of your memory card as well. You might just have too much memory even though in order to play the game, you need to have a certain amount.
The memory card dosn't play into it at all. The fact that you can play without a card proves that.
Except for saving, the card is not ever registered by the gaming system.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

My disc works just fine. In fact, it's almost completely lag-free, compared to the first two games which had tendencies to slow down during certain special moves, and especially during boss battles. I'm actually surprised at how the Kite battle wasn't ridden with lag.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

Dengar wrote:My disc works just fine. In fact, it's almost completely lag-free, compared to the first two games which had tendencies to slow down during certain special moves, and especially during boss battles. I'm actually surprised at how the Kite battle wasn't ridden with lag.
Well, that battle was basicly against two standard characters. The only non-standard character was Kite, and he never moved from his little perch(which he held to protect Aina, may I add) so lag was not expected. However, the Ovan and Cubia battles(cubia especially) had alot of either more organic graphic movements(as in, the AIDA rm moving up and down in an apendagic way) or just alot more graphic( such as the area change, and huge graphic count on Cubia's attack, as well as the sheer amount of enemies there at once....which made virus core hunting very fun^^) so I'm impressed that they held little to no lag, at least for me.
scratchmyears

Post by scratchmyears »

I had the freeze after Sakaki's intro the first time I played the game. I restarted my PS2 and redid the scene with no trouble at all. On my second play-through of the game, I noticed the screen sort of flash there for a second but it continued past with no problems. So, out of 3 plays of that scene, I only had it freeze once. It appears to be a random occurrence and has nothing to do with a faulty disc as it is so common. I believe it has something to do with the fact that the game goes from an FMV to a still-frame scene and then immediately back to in-game cutscene. It would appear that the system can't keep up with the change so it locks up.

This game does push the limits of the PS2 beyond what most PS2 games are capable of. There is, inherently going to be flaws when you put a game this high-end on such a dated machine. (FYI, I used to do tech support for Sony so I do have some education to my guesswork :P)
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Well, I was more worried about such a detailed battle stage slowing down the game. But thankfully it didn't.

Also, the final battle was still less laggy than Cernunnos. I really hated how slow that fight was.

The Ovan fight in Redemption was also faster than the one in Reminisce.
scratchmyears

Post by scratchmyears »

I honestly felt that the slow-mo battles made them seem more epic.. Especially the Rengeki in slow motion. Really makes it seem like your hits had more power. Maybe that's just me, but I thought it was cool :P
angs1991

Post by angs1991 »

my game never froze but laggy in battle's sometime's but only minor lag's
any body have the same problem as me?
bom

Post by bom »

when i played .hack G.U. vol 1, it got white screen freeze before the main menu. what should i do??
i really need a hand!!
Codemastershock

Post by Codemastershock »

My Redemption Copy is weird and freezes when "Storage" is selected.

Slowness in some battles are normal, is not an error of the game, sometimes the game consumes a lot of processing and the console can't handle.