The "I beat Volume 3!!!!!!" thread [ALL SPOILERS]

styleZsick

Re: The "I beat Volume 3!!!!!!" thread [ALL SPOILERS]

Post by styleZsick »

billyjreed wrote:
styleZsick wrote:
styleZsick wrote:I'm on the 55th level of the Forest of Pain..anyone know if I should do all the Bonus crap? whats important? other than the first gun you get from there..I got the Fairy Queen Orb thing which is ok..but is there anything else?

P.S. After I beat the forest of pain can I go back to playing in there?
anyone?
You DO want to complete the FOP. You get tons of very useful items. A few of them are infinate use items. You also get the last dual gun on the 100th floor. DG-Z
Yeah I know but are any of the good items linked to doing the bonus missions like..."Doing 4 Awakenings or Killing 7 Enemy Parties and etc.
Daion

Post by Daion »

Beat it at 133ish Friday a lil after midnight so technically Saturday. 25-30 hours taking away all the time my mom kept calling me to do this and that. Can't believe it went so well for me considering i was not prepared half the time.

When i was fighting Ovan, with Kuhn and Atoli, me and Kuhn died..only then did Atoli had no revival medicines what so ever.. I started to tell my friend on MSN i lost the fight next thing i know im back to life..Somehow Atoli got the sp needed and Rip mean'd me and I brought Kuhn back and we finished him off.

just got to the 50th floor after spending hours getting my weapon levels higher at the arena. Gotta say...this game was pretty funny.. for some reason i can't think of the reasons why...but one i can think of is Tabby sleeping on the 50th floor of FOP saying she ran from monsters the whole time. Which is funny cause it reminds me of Terajima Ryoko from IMOQ when she wandered to the lowest level of the dungeon...or was that Natsumi..both? xD
Locke

Post by Locke »

Does anyone here actually read the subtitles and stuff when playing the game? After I got to the Net Slum the subtitles went haywire and no longer matched anything the people said in cutscenes...Especially cutscenes with Zelkova....

Arsjnsgjklsfg I don't wanna do the Forest of Pain D: -runs off to do it anyways-
utaimitsumo

Post by utaimitsumo »

I beat it around midnight-ish. Uh...over-leveled so the Cubia Core went down in no time flat (Haseo 147, Atoli 147, Yata 146) which was kinda sad on my part o.O I kicked it's ass and was like "That's it?" I figured there would've been more to the Cubia Core, but the Avatar battle beforehand (against Cubia Alpha/Beta) was a pain...1st part of the battle was fine, 2nd part...I'm surprised I didn't die.

All that's left for me to do is max out affection (damn you, Kaede) and hunt down Tabby/do the FoP...as well as completely obliterate the Ryu books (it's all maxed...just gotta find what's left) and do some minor things afterwards.

EDIT:

Kinda sad I've got 55+ hours clocked into the game when it really isn't that long to begin with...
vasto_lorde

Post by vasto_lorde »

Whew finally i beat it... I beat it it with Haseo 149, Kuhn 147, Endrance 144. The avatar battle with Cubia Beta is the hardest among the hardest... Real hard battle...
Kaiten

Post by Kaiten »

Locke wrote:Does anyone here actually read the subtitles and stuff when playing the game? After I got to the Net Slum the subtitles went haywire and no longer matched anything the people said in cutscenes...Especially cutscenes with Zelkova....

Arsjnsgjklsfg I don't wanna do the Forest of Pain D: -runs off to do it anyways-
I havent beaten it yet, hell I havent even finished doing Vol 2. (I started on Monday, took me one week of playing with off periods due to class to get Vol.1 done), but my friend who lives across from me..like his door is litterally 2 feet away from where my door is..he got me into it.

Anyways on topic..he beat the game on Thursday the 13th at around 11:13pm or so and got Redemption on Tuesday the 11th (started to play it at..oh...5pm or so). His time was 37 hours or so, levels between 137-143. He loved the story, but he too had the whole subtitle thing glitching up..I think he said something about the subtitles coming in after the audio was said, or some weird translation error..who knows..Lol.

And after he beat the game, he went and got Tabby, Natsume, finished the forest of pain, and is now leveling up everyone, got his Ryo books filled too.

And for the fun of it..we got everyones affection maxed out, and he created a save file just for weddings..and we watched ALL of them...by far my favorites are Endrance's, Alkaid's and Pi's..not in any order of preference..but Endrance's is quite funny..
Anima Zero

Post by Anima Zero »

Beat the game last night. Clear time was 28:46:00. Party was Haseo at lv127, Kuhn at lv125, and Pi at lv125. Cubia was a bit of a challenge since it had no problem killing off Kuhn and Pi in the late parts of the battle. Haseo however wasn't going to die :P. Not when he had a Body Butterfly in his armor, making his HP go a little over 5000.

For me...hardest character boss battle...probably Team Hetero or the Azure Knights. My only real "loss" in the game came at the hands of Team Hetero. They just would not stop ganging up on Haseo. Then, when his HP fell low, 2 of them decided to break off and gang up on Atoli so she couldn't get off any healing spells. Smart AI much :P?

For the Azure Knights...I attribute that to my low levels at the time (Haseo 122, Yata 124-ish, and Pi 121). That and I was 2/3rds asleep during most of the fight (It was 12:40 AM where I lived) :P.

Hardest avatar battle for me was Corbenik 2nd. I very nearly had my first loss in an avatar battle ever in the series here. Nothing says cutting it close like stunning Corbenik 2nd just mere seconds before it launched its Data Drain attack...thing, then doing just enough damage to send it into Protect Break mode. I only had about 2-3% health, if that, at this point.

It's sad to see the G.U. games come to end. Not since the Blood Omen+ Soul Reaver games have I ever been wowed by the story woven into them. I believe that the G.U. games will be quite the challenge to top if and when new .hack games or whatnot are announced.

Anyways, back to Redemption...I've got some sidequests to wrap up and some preparations to do before tackling the Forest of Pain.
Keii

Post by Keii »

Yeah, I just beat the main storyline. I think I'll leave FoP for later.
Sigh, the strongest attack of Cubia Beta sucked >_>
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Beat the storyline....goddamn what a long game! And there's still more to do!
AnarchY

Post by AnarchY »

Beat the game only six days after it came out. Right now I'm trying to finish the Forest of Pain event (on the 50th floor). I'm kinda disappointed in Kite's stats, they're not all that impressive compared to the stats of the other party members and you can't really change his equipment, otherwise it's fun to have him floating around your party for shits and giggles.
akaiarashi

Post by akaiarashi »

Beat the game on thursday at around 23 hours at level 135. Currently level 150 at 35 hours done the lucky animal, racing, bounty hunting, chims, guild rank max, got all the characters, already married, all lost weapons maxed growth except Yata'sand got only to floor 65 in the FOP.
Rena-Chan

Post by Rena-Chan »

Zer0 wrote:Did you get Tabby?

Did you get Natsume?

Did you clear the Forest of pain?

Who did you marry?

Was it as good as you expected?

Post your time, level, and other comments.
Well, lesse...

1. Want to, haven't gotten her yet though.
2. Noooo. >___< And knowing me I won't, I have the patience of cheese.
3. Ehwha? Must find out how to do that. >___> I wish I could make Atoli and Shino Marry... but that's just me... maybe.
4. Cheesy ending, but <3333 I was all "AWWWWW." about it half the time... And I say that Atoli's faces at the end make her look retarded or something. xDDDDD

I think I made 35 hours or so of work, Finished at level 131. Prolly wouldda beatten it at level 130, 'cept Haseo was stupid and leveled against the dopplgangers. >T And I think my reanmed of Kite beats them all, Serenimia. xD I swear I cracked up for 5 minutes when I first battled Tri-Edge because I hadn't expected the name. xD It was too priceless.

Ohyeah, and I founmd it really funny when two lines in the NetSlum scene with Zelkova were "...Man, what was that about?" (I'm pretty sure that was what it was), and then one of Zelkova's lines ended up as a sub instead of what was actually said at some point. xD I laughed a bit because it was so amusing. xD Gotta love glitches... or errors in programing or something. xD I wanted to take a picture... but it wouldn't work without audio. Dx Wouldn't've been funny that way.
RedRaz0r

Post by RedRaz0r »

Just beat it

I was stupid at the doppleganger part of the cubia battle, i lost atoli and zelkova my first shot...

so for the final battle i used pi and yata

i was lv 126, about 24 hours. no extras done yet, just messed around with kite and balmung for a while
sarc

Post by sarc »

Level: 131
Play Time: 28:27:32(I don't think much of that is from afterwards, but I'm not sure.)

Did you get Tabby? - No, but I will.

Did you get Natsume? - Haven't even figured out how to do so yet.

Did you clear the Forest of pain? - No, but I will.

Who did you marry? - No one yet, but it'll be Alkaid.

Was it as good as you expected?- Nay. I was expecting more improvements in this one. The Xth form is cool and all, but other than that, nothing really helped the gameplay advance. Still a good game though.

I ignorantly ignored that first "save your best party members for later" message and lost Atoli on the first one. Did the final fight with Yata and Pi. Haseo died once but eventually got revived. Man that fight was weird.
billyjreed

Post by billyjreed »

I beat it on the 4th day it was out. I currently have about 50 hours clocked. I have finished all quests, flyer quest, lucky animal quest, chim quest, chaotic pk quest, gotten all characters to 150, maxed out everone's affection, and gotten all DG's maxed at 18 bullets. Just finished getting Avatar Awakening to lvl 10 today. Maxed out the last Ryu Book and attained Guild Rank 9 about 20 min ago.

I am really sad that this was the last G.U. game. I don't think I've ever been so entwined into one game's story. I know it wasn't the end all be all of gaming but it was just plain fun to me. I got all 3 G.U. games on the release day. I anticipated the release of Rebirth and have been hooked since. Now that all 3 are done I'm sad that I have no game to really look forward to anymore.
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

Finished last night a midnight. Ending Party: Haseo Lvl.130, Zelkova Lvl.128, Atoli Lvl.129
Married: Atoli
Chaotic Pk's Defeated: 2
Number Of Greeting Cards: 99 of every card including the marriage cards( Used cheats for that)
Paxella

Post by Paxella »

Got it late friday beat it late sunday woo
Azakel

Post by Azakel »

I got it the day it came out, but wasn't able to play till Friday. I just beat it right now, it's going though the ending credits^_^
Ryshuna

Post by Ryshuna »

Just letting you all know, I beat it at noon time today.
Xalioniaf

Post by Xalioniaf »

Beat it around friday night at about 2 AM (saturday? >>;).
Gotta love the whole "boycott CC Corp" thing going on in the message boards post game. Wonder how that'll affect future .hack titles (if any).
Now to restart with my perfect Reminisce file. Took all day to finish that one up >>;