Volume 3 Guide/FAQ/Walkthrough Thread

Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

The Forest of Pain:
to get the forest:
go to yaoyama BBS,and reply a messege there,when you log into the game, and then log out, you wll get a reply with keywords, go to the game and use those keywords, after an easy fight event, again, we go to the forum, ask again, log into the game, then again log out, get keywords, go there.

after you beat the game, you will get a special email from cc corp about the forest of pain, and the second after from tabby,(se says she entered the FoP)

how should you go in there?
well, from level 135~
feel free to enter.
bring alot of sp healing items, or get keyaki into your party, cuase he has alot of healing items, DON'T even bother killing the monsters inside the level, they waste time and resources, your target is the 5 level bosses, which have buffed defence, now how to kill a monster with 4k+ hp with buffed defence? of course beast awakening.
in the forest, each 1-4 or 6-9 levels ea. 11-14 26-29
you get some missions, that if you fulfill them you get items.
this is totaly optiontial.
when you get to level 30, you will fight cernnous again.
when you get to level 50, you get tabby into your party.
after this event, if you quit the forest at anytime, YOU will be returend to level 50, so be wise.
*on a side note* in level 51-54 mission, if you complete the second mission you will get the DG-Y gun for haseo.
when you get to level 70, you fight one sin.
when you get to level 100, you fight a mutent of one sin and cernnous.
after the fight you will get haseo most prized weapon (and the best looking one too) the DG-Z
and after the event with ovan and harald , you will have the bonus movie with haseo and shino talking in mac anu.

missions:
xコンボ以上繋ぐ Do a combo with x hits.
スキルトリガーをx回以上出す Use Skilltrigger x times.
破壊オブジェクトをx個以上壊す Destroy x objects(mushrooms, jars, etc)
宝箱・トラップボックスをx個以上開ける Open x trap-boxes.
敵パーティーをx組以上倒す I think you're supposed to start the battle without the enemy noticing (ie. preemptive-strike) x times
戦闘不能回数がx回以内でクリア No idea
覚醒をx回以上出す Use Beast Awakening x times.

Natsume:
natsume is one of the comeback charcters from IMOQ.
even tho her role isn't a story line one, she is a partyable char.
to get natsume you should:
first of all kill all 8 blacklisted pk's.
after that is done go to the yaoyama bbs,
and check the new post,
now go to a random field, and go into a battle area,
by a chance you will meet natsume, defeat her,
log out of the world and enter the forum,read the new posted post, then go to sigma server, go to the dead end there and you will trigger an event with piros and natsume, in the end you will get natsume member address.

and yes:

Q: What's the max level I can get?

A: 150.

Q: What's the max Weapon Points Level I can get?

A: 100.

Q: What's the max Weapon Level I can get?

A: 30

this is right.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

Zer0 wrote:
in the forest, each 1-4 or 6-9 levels ea. 11-14 26-29
Each what? o_O

And the missions are optional, right?

Thanks for verifying that for me :)
each level has 1-4 right? like 11-14 or 21-24 it means those levels have an optional missions.
and yes they are optional
Veghesther

Post by Veghesther »

though the north american version of this vol won't be out for a while since in Vol. 2 the rank 5 of 6 buyable item is the ability to warp between platforms does that work for this dungeon?

Meaning in the forest of pain if you triggered a platform of floor 50 and 100 then saved the game via the desktop you would start on floor 50 but could you instantly warp to floor 100?

Or would you have to redo floors 51 to 100 if you warped out to save.
silabus

Post by silabus »

boy youre really good you can do a walkthrou bout everything... LOL :lol:
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

Veghesther wrote:though the north american version of this vol won't be out for a while since in Vol. 2 the rank 5 of 6 buyable item is the ability to warp between platforms does that work for this dungeon?

Meaning in the forest of pain if you triggered a platform of floor 50 and 100 then saved the game via the desktop you would start on floor 50 but could you instantly warp to floor 100?

Or would you have to redo floors 51 to 100 if you warped out to save.
redo.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

One thing I noticed while going through the Forest. It's about the mssion where you have to disarm X trapboxes.

In one level (the 1-4/6-9 ones, not the floors) it asked me to disarm 5 trapboxes. But it only had 1 trapbox in th entire level. I opened all the tresure boxes and disarmed the only trapbox there was, and i still got the reward.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is this possible, or the reward isn't the same?
Ratsu

Post by Ratsu »

I would like to help but sadly all I know are the plot and spoilers for the game ^^;; f you need any of that let me now >_>;;
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

haseoskeith wrote:One thing I noticed while going through the Forest. It's about the mssion where you have to disarm X trapboxes.

In one level (the 1-4/6-9 ones, not the floors) it asked me to disarm 5 trapboxes. But it only had 1 trapbox in th entire level. I opened all the tresure boxes and disarmed the only trapbox there was, and i still got the reward.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but is this possible, or the reward isn't the same?
no. i think it's just a translation mistake and it's 5 normal boxes.
i didn't translate it, so i can't really be sure on that.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

It says "Turappubokusu (...) 5". I can only imagine it is "trapp box"...

Anyways, when you go meet Tabby on floor 50, does Shino show up as well, even if she isn't on your party or not?

By the way, forgive me for the ignorance, but how exactly do you trigger the weddings event?

And the sixth mission you guys don't know what it is... It says you need to clear something, what i don't know...
Veghesther

Post by Veghesther »

Can you at least teleport from floor 100 back to floor 50. Then save the game on floor 50, then warp back to floor 100 instantly if you never left the dungeon in the first place that is?

Or would you still have to re do floors 51 to 100 if you tried doing this?
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

I don't see why you would need to warp back if you are at the last floor... But if you exit from the 50th floor onward, you'll have to redo everything from the 50th floor. Lots of items, including fairy orbs and smoke screens allow you to avoid that.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

haseoskeith wrote:It says "Turappubokusu (...) 5". I can only imagine it is "trapp box"...

Anyways, when you go meet Tabby on floor 50, does Shino show up as well, even if she isn't on your party or not?

By the way, forgive me for the ignorance, but how exactly do you trigger the weddings event?

And the sixth mission you guys don't know what it is... It says you need to clear something, what i don't know...
nope shino does not show up.

you need to max affection a charcter you want to trigger the event to, to get the final mail, you need to get all charcters and aura will send it to you.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

Dualreact wrote:nope shino does not show up.
The i found this out... If you get Shino in your party, it'll activate a new cutscene section where Tabby talks to her.

So, basicaly, I have to get all the characters and have max affection with at least one of the marriable characters right?
Last edited by haseoskeith on Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
haseoskeith

Post by haseoskeith »

ok thanks!
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

I would write in a paragraph for the wedding event if you want,if you need it.
I'd be honoured to be of service.
Veghesther

Post by Veghesther »

I only asked if you can warp from floor 100 to floor 50 since you can also save the game every 5 or 10 floors but only up to floor 50.

Warping from floor 100 to 50 then save the game would be usefull just in case you fight the floor 100 boss then lose but don't want to redo floors 51 to 100.
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

Regarding the mission of the forest of pain, i think i got the meaning of the 1 that is not very sure of.
This are the missions the guide gave.

Forest of Pain Missions
------------------------

1) Do a combo with x hits.
2) Use a Skill Trigger x times.
3) Destroy x objects (mushrooms, jars, etc)
4) Open x trap boxes.
5) Start the battle with a preemptive-strike x times
6) No idea
7) Use Beast Awakening x times.

For Mission 6, its requirement is to have less than x deaths.(Im quite certain of this, but can some1 try this out?)

Ryu Book of 1000

Lvl7: Increase storage capacity to 120(100000GP)
Lvl8: Increase shop Acorn's max no. of items for sale to 15 + Recovery at platform in areas(Once per area, hp recovery i think)(800000GP)
Lvl9: Full Recovery at platform in areas(Once per area, hp+sp+status recovery)(1500000GP)

This is the bestiary for vol.3, the 1st no is the no. in vol.1, whereas the 2nd is in vol.2, and the 3rd is in vol.3.

Orge: 13+8+3
Demon: 5+8+19
Sea monster: 2+2+5
Supernatural: 8+6+1
Avian: 7+5+4
Plant: 4+4+1
Demon Beast: 10+9+6
Mecha Beast: 5+9+8
Dragon: 6+5+3
Crustacean: 8+8+4
Undead: 0+5+7
Demon Statue?: 0+4+4
Angel?: 0+1+1
God: 0+0+12
???: 1+3+13

While in 3rd form, the max lvl that can be reached is lvl 5.(to be exact, lvl 5 + 999exp)
After obtaining the Xth form, the max lvl can be reached is 10.
The 3 animations of avatar awakening starts from lvl 1,5 and 10 respectively.
Last edited by jowyz on Tue May 22, 2007 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

jowyz wrote:Regarding the mission of the forest of pain, i think i got the meaning of the 1 that is not very sure of.
This are the missions the guide gave.

Forest of Pain Missions
------------------------

1) Do a combo with x hits.
2) Use a Skill Trigger x times.
3) Destroy x objects (mushrooms, jars, etc)
4) Open x trap boxes.
5) Start the battle with a preemptive-strike x times
6) No idea
7) Use Beast Awakening x times.

For Mission 6, its requirement is to Engage at least x battles.(Im quite certain of this, but can some1 try this out?)

Ryu Book of 1000

Lvl7: Increase storage capacity to 120(100000GP)
Lvl8: Increase shop Acorn's max no. of items for sale to 15 + Recovery at platform in areas(Once per area, hp recovery i think)(800000GP)
Lvl9: Full Recovery at platform in areas(Once per area, hp+sp+status recovery)(1500000GP)

This is the bestiary for vol.3, the 1st no is the no. in vol.1, whereas the 2nd is in vol.2, and the 3rd is in vol.3.

Orge: 13+8+3
Demon: 5+8+19
Sea monster: 2+2+5
Supernatural: 8+6+1
Avian: 7+5+4
Plant: 4+4+1
Demon Beast: 10+9+6
Mecha Beast: 5+9+8
Dragon: 6+5+3
Crustacean: 8+8+4
Undead: 0+5+7
Demon Statue?: 0+4+4
Angel?: 0+1+1
God: 0+0+12
???: 1+3+13

While in 3rd form, the max lvl that can be reached is lvl 5.(to be exact, lvl 5 + 999exp)
After obtaining the Xth form, the max lvl can be reached is 10.
The 3 animations of avatar awakening starts from lvl 1,5 and 10 respectively.
yawn, in order to even level the datadrain, you need to data drain, alot.
lvl 1, is a minor datadraining,lvl 5 is semi power charge.
lvl 10 is a full power skeith datadraining, which looks cool 0o
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

Well, i think it can be boring, and can be tough data draining, depending on the style of play ppl have.

Those who lvled very early in the game will have a bit more difficulty, as they can only gain fast morale gauge in areas around the same lvl the characters are.
Those who played slow and lved slow shouldnt have a problem, cos they will be data draining as they continue to lvl.

This dilemma cause me to think whether i want to lvl fast early in the game or not, cos im the type who like to lvl 1st before progressing of the storyline.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

jowyz wrote:Well, i think it can be boring, and can be tough data draining, depending on the style of play ppl have.

Those who lvled very early in the game will have a bit more difficulty, as they can only gain fast morale gauge in areas around the same lvl the characters are.
Those who played slow and lved slow shouldnt have a problem, cos they will be data draining as they continue to lvl.

This dilemma cause me to think whether i want to lvl fast early in the game or not, cos im the type who like to lvl 1st before progressing of the storyline.
well,if you level 100 in the start, you are allready overleveled for the first part of the story.