Is this normal?

-Raina-

Is this normal?

Post by -Raina- »

I was wandering through a Cloister dungeon while trying to find the rest of the monsters I hadn't fought to complete the Ryu books, and I kicked one of those statues Chim Chims come out of and then there were like, eight Rare Chim Chims zooming all over the place. 0__o I didn't know if I was just really lucky or what, but I took a quick video to put on youtube just in case nobody believed me.
_Tri-edge_

Re: Is this normal?

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Me want linkie pleaz. :3

Although something like that happening is a little odd if you ask me. Usually, I get like two in a cluster of regular chim chims often.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Well, it's not really "normal", but i can see it possible. Usually in those statues, i get to see Rare Chim Chims MUCH MORE often than in other places, and i've seen up to 3 or 4 coming out from the same statue. Not a glitch or something that shouldn't ever happen...but still, it's something quite rare, and yeah, you were just very lucky to have gotten that many rare Chim Chims from the statue XD
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

It's rare, but not unheard of. It happens to me once a day if I play for like 6+ hours.

Mind you it never happens when I actually need the chim spheres....
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I've had it happen a few times, but Rare Chim Chims are indeed "rare" and so usually I get normal ones instead. I'm actually rather grateful because I like to keep my Chim count under 50, and usually when it happens it's 7+... at least for me.

I'm pretty sure that destroying the Chim statues in cloister dungeons is not the same as destroying buckets in temple dungeons or kicking mushrooms/flowers in cave/forest dungeons.
-Raina-

Post by -Raina- »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:Me want linkie pleaz. :3
I'll get it onto youtube within a couple days, I've been quite busy as of late. ^-^;

I've also encountered three King Chim Chims in a row; I was in a dungeon, the kind with the waterfalls and no sunlight, and kicked a tall mushroom (for no reason really, I already had plenty of Chim Spheres I was just messing around) and got one, then I was in another room and kicked another tall mushroom and got another, without kicking anything else between then and the last KCC, and then I kicked another mushroom in another section of the dungeon and got a third after that. I tried seeing if I could get a fourth and kept going back to the mushrooms, but it took a long time before another one finally appeared, and, finally satisfied, I got out of that stupid dungeon (the music started getting on my nerves after around 45 minutes) and ended up having kicked over 800. (Now, if only I had that much spare time to mess around more often...)
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

XD

Yeah, the music in cave dungeons is kind of repetitive especially once you hear Negimaru's theme, which is essentially a remix of it... of course, now I can't stop giggling when I go to cave dungeons because of the music. XD

Finding consecutive Kings is really hard though >_> Can you encounter Kings in cloister dungeons?
Smitts

Post by Smitts »

Haha, I've actually had that happen to me once before.

I've even had two King Chims drop back to back out of trees.
-Raina-

Post by -Raina- »

Link to the video is here.