Freaky glitch in the arena...

-Raina-

Freaky glitch in the arena...

Post by -Raina- »

I was fighting in the arena with Endrance and Silabus, everyone at level 97, and I was up against a team that was actually giving me a difficult time for once (mainly due to everything slowing down, I'm guessing from all the AI interaction?) and I got knocked down right as the guy on the other team, Ninjato, used a skill trigger thing and I knew I'd probably die since I wouldn't have time to counterattack and my HP wasn't exactly high. Then, the camera zooms in on the guy attacking, but wait! What's this? He flies right past me and kills the leader of his own team!

So...has this ever happened to anyone else? I tried fighting the same team a couple of times to see if it would happen again, but it didn't.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Freaky glitch in the arena...

Post by TheSorrow »

Weren't you using the Doppel weapons with Haseo, specifically the Heine's Invasion (Dual Sword) or Heine's Shadow (Broadsword)? Or Endrance's Lost Weapon?

As you describe it, it seems like Ninjato got confused/charmed and used a skill on the leader (but wasn't Ninjato the leader of the team, Ninjato-Nogmung-Syake? D8'). Confusion and Charm in the arena affect the players in the same way...they identify allies as targets, and use skills against them as if they were the enemies. It's a bit special in the case of confusing/charming the leader though...since the leader has the Skill Trigger, so, if you confuse/charm the leader, and he uses a skill in one of his allies, the skill will be used as a Skill Trigger, and they can even use Hangeki/Rengeki on their own team members that way...and it looks amazing and funny, seeing everyone being Hangeki'd by their own leader XD Too bad that whenever that happens, they get the Morale boost, and so if you let them do that much, they'll quickly be ready for an Awakening.

Anyways, it seems like you charmed one of the players, and that one player ended up using a skill against the leader. If that's really what happened, then well, it's not a glitch, just a funny and curious thing that can happen in the Arena XD If you weren't using any Charm-inducing weapon though...then well, maybe someone wanted to betray their own team....
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

-Raina- wrote:I was fighting in the arena with Endrance and Silabus, everyone at level 97, and I was up against a team that was actually giving me a difficult time for once (mainly due to everything slowing down, I'm guessing from all the AI interaction?) and I got knocked down right as the guy on the other team, Ninjato, used a skill trigger thing and I knew I'd probably die since I wouldn't have time to counterattack and my HP wasn't exactly high. Then, the camera zooms in on the guy attacking, but wait! What's this? He flies right past me and kills the leader of his own team!

So...has this ever happened to anyone else? I tried fighting the same team a couple of times to see if it would happen again, but it didn't.
Did Endrance have his lost weapon equipped, by any chance? It can cause charm, which leads to people attacking their own teammates with skills (Confusion is more oriented at normal attacks and random movement to debilitate one character rather than make them a temporary ally) Of note, the only other Charm weapon in Volume 2 is Heine's Shadow, the level 51 broadsword for beating a doppelganger, with stats/abilities putting the fenlong to shame (it loses some effect in Vol 3 so the fenlong is better in the long run, but it's just too powerful in Volume 2)

Charm makes an appearance as a customizeable ailment in Volume 3, taking 3 slots for Charm Attack, Charm Counter, and Insanity Counter, an enhanced charm that lasts longer (every ailment has its own enhanced version near the end of volume 3, like shackle being paralyze)
-Raina-

Post by -Raina- »

Come to think of it, yeah, I think Endrance did have his special weapon equipped.

And I think it was actually Nogmung who killed Ninjato, seeing as Syake was already KO'd and I won the match right after it happened. Well, that's pretty cool. I never would've guessed status effects could do things like that.
Does this effect work on monsters/bosses? I mean the whole killing their own buddies thing.

Ironically, I obtained the doppelganger weapons right after I got out of the arena.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

...What an epic Arena battle that must've been. And i personally love that team so much, because of all the interactions you can have with the members of that team (Ninjato, Nogmung and Syake)...fighting against them it's like a sparring match with good friends XD lol

And yeah, it works with monsters, even though some of them are slow and dumb so charming them doesn't really do anything except give one little distraction for the enemies. And with bosses, it usually won't work with them, are they're immune to status effects in general, but if you find a boss that's vulnerable to them, then yeah, it should work, and they'll either target other enemies in the area as if they were you, or don't target anyone at all.

It gets alot more fun in Vol. 3, where you have access to more customizable items that inflict Charm...and, you can get to do fun things like this :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Sjl37tpzY
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Endrance uses his charm ability in Volume 1 (it's a radius attack thing since he doesn't have his Lost Weapon) to cause Haseo to Skill Trigger his own allies and then counter his skills. It's probably the only tactic that actually frustrates me in Volume 1.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I've never seen Haseo use the Skill Trigger whenever charmed by Endrance's "Bewitching Wind" thingy, but i can see it would be all possible and logical (and a good reason why i've never seen it, it's because i usually end up with everyone dead if that attack hits XD). Great tactic though, or at least amusing...even if Endrance didn't counter it, it would be quite funny to see Haseo Hangeki-ing Silabus XD (And Atoli, but that would be sad too ;( )

It's also one of the few times you can get charmed by an enemy, others being against Doppel (Vol. 1 at least), and against enemies in the arena who have that one Charm Counter in their armors...if any has it.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:It's also one of the few times you can get charmed by an enemy, others being against Doppel (Vol. 1 at least), and against enemies in the arena who have that one Charm Counter in their armors...if any has it.
Ono has Seducing Counter, as I recall, so that's at least one Arena opponent with Charm that isn't Endrance. Others might have it at random.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I think that there are some enemies in the Forest of Pain that have charm counter.

And yeah, Endrance seems to be quite fond of the whole Charm > Hangeki tactic, at least on my playthroughs. :P Doesn't help that when charmed, Haseo uses the Skill Trigger about as much as I do, which is a lot.