Balmung and Orca *Yes, there are spoilers*

Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Balmung and Orca *Yes, there are spoilers*

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

There are always spoilers, cause if your in a forum, your almost begging for spoilers...

now for my topic, I'd been thinking, why are Balmung and Orca's appearences so late i the sers, I think, but may be wrong.
As for my reason: What if Aura had realized the Kite wasn't enough for Aura, so then she started to make those two to help kite, and Kite's extended time in the Rebirthing coffin is for any updates, and to help him get used to the other two?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Re: Balmung and Orca *Yes, there are spoilers*

Post by AuraTwilight »

Roots tells us that the trio were made at about the same time. I think the system goes that Kite tries to take care of most problems by himself to save on resources and time, but if a problem is way too big to handle, he calls in the backup.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

AuraTwilight wrote:Roots tells us that the trio were made at about the same time. I think the system goes that Kite tries to take care of most problems by himself to save on resources and time, but if a problem is way too big to handle, he calls in the backup.
Glad to see you acknowledge me now^^ and the Roots Trio is non-cann in my beliefs^^ ANd After Vol.2 Kite is never by himself, so what? Now everything is too big for Him to handle? Sakaki was a push over
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

You believe WRONG. Roots, in it's entirety, is canon. Deal with it.

and Sakaki was not a pushover, he almost succeeded in taking over Za Warudo twice. Besides, it's not just "several" problems, but one BIG ASS AIDA problem.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

...then part of GU is non-canon if Root is completely canon...
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

AuraTwilight wrote:You believe WRONG. Roots, in it's entirety, is canon. Deal with it.

and Sakaki was not a pushover, he almost succeeded in taking over Za Warudo twice. Besides, it's not just "several" problems, but one BIG ASS AIDA problem.
Off Topic: No, actually AuraTwilight all of Roots is NOT canon. Episode 24 of Roots depicts a variation of the fight between Haseo and Azure Kite in the Cathedral, ending the same way but the fight over all being completely different from the game's fight incarnation. Since the Azure Kite fight version in G.U. is considered canon by most of the fans it is to be assumed that the one in Roots is not. They also differ completely with one having Saburou involved and the other having him not involved. Also, it would pay to be a bit nicer to people if you want to not be looked upon as an ass, although you probably want to going by your "Super Devil" custom title...

On Topic: It was likely they didn't appear because they felt their presence wasn't needed until Azure Kite lost to Ovan which explains why they all tried to confront him the next time although meeting a similar fate.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

Revelation wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:You believe WRONG. Roots, in it's entirety, is canon. Deal with it.

Off Topic: No, actually AuraTwilight all of Roots is NOT canon. Episode 24 of Roots depicts a variation of the fight between Haseo and Azure Kite in the Cathedral, ending the same way but the fight over all being completely different from the game's fight incarnation. Since the Azure Kite fight version in G.U. is considered canon by most of the fans it is to be assumed that the one in Roots is not. They also differ completely with one having Saburou involved and the other having him not involved. Also, it would pay to be a bit nicer to people if you want to not be looked upon as an ass, although you probably want to going by your "Super Devil" custom title...

On Topic: It was likely they didn't appear because they felt their presence wasn't needed until Azure Kite lost to Ovan which explains why they all tried to confront him the next time although meeting a similar fate.
if thats the case, Didn't Ovan PWN kite before that?
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote: if thats the case, Didn't Ovan PWN kite before that?
To clear things up, this is the order of events involving the Azure Trio up to where Balmung and Orca come in:

1- The Azure Trio is born shortly before Aura goes back to sleep. (between .hack//IMOQ and .hack//Roots)
2- Azure Balmung and Orca take a "hiatus" period while Azure Kite patrols The World by himself. (.hack//Roots)
3- Azure Kite detects the presence of a dangerous anomaly in the system, begins trailing it. (.hack//Roots)
4- Azure Kite mistakes Phyllo for the enemy. (.hack//Roots)
5- Azure Kite finds the source at the Lost Ground Briona Gwydion and pursues it in combat. (.hack//Roots)
6- Azure Kite is heavily damaged and regenerates in his coffin. (.hack//Roots)
7- While regenerating Azure Balmung and Orca begin a low profile search for Ovan. (.hack//Roots)
8- Azure Kite after being healed trails Ovan again. (.hack//G.U. Rebirth)
9- Azure Kite heads to the Hulle Granz Cathedral and barely misses Ovan but instead finds another anomaly, Haseo, there. (.hack//G.U.)
10- Engages Haseo in battle and succeeds in eliminating the anomaly. (.hack//G.U. Rebirth)
11- The three continue their search for Ovan under secrecy. (.hack//G.U. Rebirth)
12- Azure Kite detects an anomaly at Morrigu Barrow Wall, pursues it. (.hack//G.U. Rebirth)
13- Azure Kite instead finds Haseo once again and is attacked, reacts in self defense. (.hack//G.U. Rebirth)
14- Azure Kite is heavily damaged a second time, once again begins the regeneration process. (.hack//G.U. Rebirth)
15- Azure Balmung and Orca realize that it would be more safe for them all to remain united and not seperated. (.hack//G.U. Reminisce.)
16- The Azure Trio fight an anomaly appearing before Haseo. (.hack//G.U. Reminisce.)

So they didn't appear "late", they simply appeared when they felt their power was needed.
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Revelation wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:YOff Topic: No, actually AuraTwilight all of Roots is NOT canon. Episode 24 of Roots depicts a variation of the fight between Haseo and Azure Kite in the Cathedral, ending the same way but the fight over all being completely different from the game's fight incarnation. Since the Azure Kite fight version in G.U. is considered canon by most of the fans it is to be assumed that the one in Roots is not. They also differ completely with one having Saburou involved and the other having him not involved. Also, it would pay to be a bit nicer to people if you want to not be looked upon as an ass, although you probably want to going by your "Super Devil" custom title...
Sorry Revelation but ROOTS is ALL CANON. Saying its not the same because of the differences of a fight and the presence of Saburo does not invalidate it. The concept of a retcon not grasp you? Or artistic liberties? Even canon from Project .hack has those. ROOTS itself finished right before the release Vol.2 to show some revelations to help with the game. Also you obviously never knew AT. NEVER EVER lecture AT. He/she is the Dr. House of these boards.

As for Azure Orca and Azure Balmung they came out because Azure Kite was stuck in his coffin regenerating. Someone had to take care of his job while he was recovering.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

9- Azure Kite heads to the Hulle Granz Cathedral and barely misses Ovan but instead finds another anomaly, Haseo, there. (.hack//G.U.)
10- Engages Haseo in battle and succeeds in eliminating the anomaly. (.hack//G.U. Rebirth)
But wasn't this proved to be wrong in .Hack//Analysis? As far as i remember, Kite didn't find any anomality on Haseo, or just didn't care altogether. He simply got all "GET THE F*CK OUT" with Haseo since his true target was behind him, and as the battle dragged and he didn't want Ovan to run thanks to some n00b he directly aimed his DD to Ovan, Haseo simply stayed in the middle.

And Roots is ALL canon as well as GU is ALL canon. They don't contradict each other, they simply are in a different point of view and showing things you don't see in the other, but doesn't means they didn't happen. Regarding Haseo vs Kite battle, you can simply say one was Ovan's point of view, and the other was Saburo's point of view; that it didn't show them both on each 'version' doesn't truly means they weren't there. (Unlike, if Roots said Ovan was in another place or GU said Saburo was somewhere else at that time, then it WOULD contradict it, but it doesn't).

And regarding the actual topic now, they were all created at the same time, but it was until Kite was owned that Balmung and Orca started to move and act. I mean, why would you have all 3 going everywhere together when Kite himself could fix most of the problems with the bracelet?
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

TheSorrow wrote:But wasn't this proved to be wrong in .Hack//Analysis? As far as i remember, Kite didn't find any anomality on Haseo, or just didn't care altogether. He simply got all "GET THE F*CK OUT" with Haseo since his true target was behind him, and as the battle dragged and he didn't want Ovan to run thanks to some n00b he directly aimed his DD to Ovan, Haseo simply stayed in the middle.
Yeah .hack//Analysis specifically stated that Azure Kite was aiming for Ovan, and DD'd Haseo instead. Haseo was just a moron for just standing there with a stupefied look on his face.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

...then part of GU is non-canon if Root is completely canon...
Wrong.
No, actually AuraTwilight all of Roots is NOT canon. Episode 24 of Roots depicts a variation of the fight between Haseo and Azure Kite in the Cathedral, ending the same way but the fight over all being completely different from the game's fight incarnation. Since the Azure Kite fight version in G.U. is considered canon by most of the fans it is to be assumed that the one in Roots is not. They also differ completely with one having Saburou involved and the other having him not involved. Also, it would pay to be a bit nicer to people if you want to not be looked upon as an ass, although you probably want to going by your "Super Devil" custom title...
Who the f*ck cares? It's the same damn fight with a few different movies. The end result is the same, GTFO it. OH NO HASEO'S ASS IS DRAWN DIFFERENT ROOTS NOT CANON RAWR.

And Saburou was never involved, he just watched, and nothing in GU says he wasn't there. I'm plenty nice enough, btw. I'm just not gonna suck up and be sugar and lollipops.
if thats the case, Didn't Ovan PWN kite before that?
Azure kite escaped mostly unharmed. Not warranting his teammates, I suppose, until he actually DIES and needs them to fill in while he's helpless.
NEVER EVER lecture AT. He/she is the Dr. House of these boards.
You're sigged, mortal. You may feel rapturous this Easter Evenin'.

Also, everyone, it's .hack//Truth, not .hack//Analysis. Analysis was published before GU came out.
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist

I know at well enough to not lecture vim, but that doesn't mean I won't, but then... if he had to escape in Roots, wasn't that a sign the MAYBE, just MAYBE Balming and Orca should move?
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

Fragments.beta wrote:Sorry Revelation but ROOTS is ALL CANON. Saying its not the same because of the differences of a fight and the presence of Saburo does not invalidate it. The concept of a retcon not grasp you? Or artistic liberties? Even canon from Project .hack has those. ROOTS itself finished right before the release Vol.2 to show some revelations to help with the game. Also you obviously never knew AT. NEVER EVER lecture AT. He/she is the Dr. House of these boards.

As for Azure Orca and Azure Balmung they came out because Azure Kite was stuck in his coffin regenerating. Someone had to take care of his job while he was recovering.
Post ignored because of the amazing amount of ignorance in that one line. That's the exact same as saying: "NEVER lecture a white person, they are the Dr.House of the World.". Please leave, no one is superior in quality to anyone in this world neither on a message board. And how can you say I don't know somebody when you don't even know if AuraTwilight is a male or female?

Anyway..
TheSorrow wrote: But wasn't this proved to be wrong in .Hack//Analysis? As far as i remember, Kite didn't find any anomality on Haseo, or just didn't care altogether. He simply got all "GET THE F*CK OUT" with Haseo since his true target was behind him, and as the battle dragged and he didn't want Ovan to run thanks to some n00b he directly aimed his DD to Ovan, Haseo simply stayed in the middle.?
Could be assumed two ways, Haseo could be considered an anomaly because Harald illegally modified his character to level 133, giving him his 3rd form. I still go with mine because it doesn't make sense that Azure Kite would data drain Haseo to level 1, destroying his cheated form and THEN doesn't engage Ovan in a fight?
AuraTwilight wrote:
Who the f*ck cares? It's the same damn fight with a few different movies. The end result is the same, GTFO it. OH NO HASEO'S ASS IS DRAWN DIFFERENT ROOTS NOT CANON RAWR.
Why are you getting angry and otherwise swearing when it's not necessary? As a regular forumer poster would say: "CAPZ PlZ"
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Post ignored because of the amazing amount of ignorance in that one line. That's the exact same as saying: "NEVER lecture a white person, they are the Dr.House of the World.". Please leave, no one is superior in quality to anyone in this world neither on a message board. And how can you say I don't know somebody when you don't even know if AuraTwilight is a male or female?
AuraTwilight is. Just try to find a post where AuraTwilight has ever lied on .Hack, or being wrong after an official source of answers (since you might as well get a post where AT said Haseo wasn't Sora but from a date right after Rebirth's release or something...sadly AT can't see the future yet). If AT says something about .Hack, AT is right, simple as that. If you don't believe that then go and prove otherwise, and EVEN if you manage to find something where AT has been wrong, AT still accepts the mistake and lives with it rather than start a flame war (I've personally never seen AT doing a mistake like that, though). You can debate all you want and believe what you wish, but you'll be wrong unless you agree with AT. Oh, and one thing is knowing a person by the quality of his posts and how knowledgeable it is, than by knowing gender and birthplace and even number of siblings. You aren't gonna find AT's gender unless you are truly a stalker...or ask AT directly, perhaps. If AT even has a gender.

Anyways....
Could be assumed two ways, Haseo could be considered an anomaly because Harald illegally modified his character to level 133, giving him his 3rd form. I still go with mine because it doesn't make sense that Azure Kite would data drain Haseo to level 1, destroying his cheated form and THEN doesn't engage Ovan in a fight?
Yes, Haseo might have been an anomality since he never went to any Job Extension Quest yet he was 3rd Form and at such high level, but as i said before, that wasn't the reason. Everyone believed your theory at first, but as .Hack//Truth (thanks AT) stated, Kite didn't have any intention of DDing Haseo and turn him back to level 1, he just wanted to destroy Ovan's AIDA since that is his very purpose of his creation (you would care more about fulfilling your true objective rather than just a minor problem that doesn't affects anything at all), and .Hack//Truth is a canonical source you just can't say it's wrong no matter what theories you have. Also, who said he didn't engage Ovan into a fight? Maybe Ovan overpowered him easily he made him retreat before he got severly damaged, or Ovan just got away before Kite recovered his energy from DDing. Regardless whatever else happened after Haseo logged out, Kite never wanted to DD him directly.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I know at well enough to not lecture vim, but that doesn't mean I won't, but then... if he had to escape in Roots, wasn't that a sign the MAYBE, just MAYBE Balming and Orca should move?
Logically, yes, but we know for a fact that Aura didn't finish programming them yet, so maybe she only got to the "When AK dies" part and not yet programmed "When AK is IN DANGUR, SIR WATSON"

Anyway..
You're not one to criticize about ignorance, since I HAVE NO GENDER. :D I'm a HERMAPHRODITE. And plenty of people are superior/inferior in quality of information in a medium where information is the only form of worth. You wouldn't compare someone like Shinsou Wotan, trusted translator of .hack works, to...say, GenericTsukasa84572 who still asks who "Harold" is, would you?
No, we can't assume. It's been factually stated by official sources that Haseo was not considered by Azure Kite an illegal anomaly. He was Data Drained because he was in the way, but otherwise Azure Kite would've left him alone.
Why are you getting angry and otherwise swearing when it's not necessary? As a regular forumer poster would say: "CAPZ PlZ"
I'm not angry. I wish people would stop assuming things about me as if they can read my mind because they can't. I type like that not because I'm angry, but because i'm apathetic and don't care about shielding other people's feelings. I'm the type of person who, if a girl asks if she looks fat in a tubetop, will reply, "yea, you do." Not because i'm mean or I hate her, but because she ACTUALLY IS FAT.
Revelation

Post by Revelation »

TheSorrow wrote: AuraTwilight is. Just try to find a post where AuraTwilight has ever lied on .Hack, or being wrong after an official source of answers (since you might as well get a post where AT said Haseo wasn't Sora but from a date right after Rebirth's release or something...sadly AT can't see the future yet). If AT says something about .Hack, AT is right, simple as that. If you don't believe that then go and prove otherwise, and EVEN if you manage to find something where AT has been wrong, AT still accepts the mistake and lives with it rather than start a flame war (I've personally never seen AT doing a mistake like that, though). You can debate all you want and believe what you wish, but you'll be wrong unless you agree with AT. Oh, and one thing is knowing a person by the quality of his posts and how knowledgeable it is, than by knowing gender and birthplace and even number of siblings. You aren't gonna find AT's gender unless you are truly a stalker...or ask AT directly, perhaps. If AT even has a gender.
Off Topic: Laugh out loud..I actually laughed for the first time at a FORUM post. There's so much things I can fault about that one paragraph I'm not going to bother faulting them all, what I will say though is: NO ONE is right about everything and looking back at AuraTwilight's posts I'm not going to single out all of them as it'd be an insult to both my time and AuraTwilight's reputation, thus violating forum rules, sorry.

To AuraTwilight: I'm kind of exhausted so I'm not going to quote you but we're all getting WAAAAYYYY too off topic here with the "AuraTwilight is this and AuraTwilight is that" stuff, can't we resume strict discussion of Haseo{Terror of Death}'s question? We can easily all continue this over private message.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Revelation wrote:
TheSorrow wrote: AuraTwilight is. Just try to find a post where AuraTwilight has ever lied on .Hack, or being wrong after an official source of answers (since you might as well get a post where AT said Haseo wasn't Sora but from a date right after Rebirth's release or something...sadly AT can't see the future yet). If AT says something about .Hack, AT is right, simple as that. If you don't believe that then go and prove otherwise, and EVEN if you manage to find something where AT has been wrong, AT still accepts the mistake and lives with it rather than start a flame war (I've personally never seen AT doing a mistake like that, though). You can debate all you want and believe what you wish, but you'll be wrong unless you agree with AT. Oh, and one thing is knowing a person by the quality of his posts and how knowledgeable it is, than by knowing gender and birthplace and even number of siblings. You aren't gonna find AT's gender unless you are truly a stalker...or ask AT directly, perhaps. If AT even has a gender.
Off Topic: Laugh out loud..I actually laughed for the first time at a FORUM post. There's so much things I can fault about that one paragraph I'm not going to bother faulting them all, what I will say though is: NO ONE is right about everything and looking back at AuraTwilight's posts I'm not going to single out all of them as it'd be an insult to both my time and AuraTwilight's reputation, thus violating forum rules, sorry.

To AuraTwilight: I'm kind of exhausted so I'm not going to quote you but we're all getting WAAAAYYYY too off topic here with the "AuraTwilight is this and AuraTwilight is that" stuff, can't we resume strict discussion of Haseo{Terror of Death}'s question? We can easily all continue this over private message.
I agree. Much as it's flattering to have a fanbase and all, most of my fans and "followers" are usually the ones who cross the line and start becoming offensive and flameworthy, and while I try to be civil on most of the other points, I have a "character" to maintain so when I reply to the "AT = woot" posts, I give obnoxious, over the top replies for the purpose of satire. I know I've been wrong. Not often, and usually it's theories on things that aren't yet clear to the fanbase, so while I don't mind people joking about my awesomeness, I don't want people to just accept my word without challenging it. I ENCOURAGE people to doublecheck my work and make sure I didn't mess-up or misinterpret something, but that doesn't mean i'm going to sit and let people, say, go "lol rawr AT is an idiot and is teh wrongz all teh time", because I DO invest unhealthy amounts of time to my research.

I only made this public so I didn't have to PM several people, and I think the userbase as a whole needs to be able to read this. Let us please get back on topic, shall we?
Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Revelation wrote:Post ignored because of the amazing amount of ignorance in that one line. That's the exact same as saying: "NEVER lecture a white person, they are the Dr.House of the World.". Please leave, no one is superior in quality to anyone in this world neither on a message board. And how can you say I don't know somebody when you don't even know if AuraTwilight is a male or female?
Well wow. Thanks for shooting down your entire credibility. All you did was ignore the entire post of canonical facts, and take a single statement that isn't supposed to be taken seriously, and pull it entirely out of context just so you can justify yourself.

There are inferior and superior people in these boards, deal with it. I make no claim of superiority, all I do is post facts that I know , based on that canon sources. AT does the same, but he/she is more well informed. You on the other hand, have continuously posted faulty information and then apparently ride yourself on your high horse. Call me what you want, but I suggest you take a long hard look at yourself.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well wow. Thanks for shooting down your entire credibility. All you did was ignore the entire post of canonical facts, and take a single statement that isn't supposed to be taken seriously, and pull it entirely out of context just so you can justify yourself.
Thanks for ignoring the post of your Lord and Master. That's the kind of crap I want you guys to knock off. A lot of mods hold that stuff against me like I'm ringleadering you, and it's causing complications for me I don't need. Chillax.