can he see the avatars

Akasu

Re: can he see the avatars

Post by Akasu »

AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, okay, you morons totally misunderstood me.

I'm saying because Yata created the Serpent of Lore and already had the ability to see Avatars, and because seeing the Avatars is a mere trick of programming, he knew exactly what to program in order to capture the Avatars in a recording. It's not like they're spirits that can only be seen with ESP or something, they're basically just restricted to a certain filter layer.

And the tournament thing with Sakaki was not in an AIDA server.
1.) Yata could do that? I thought...Ummm...I'm confused. D:

2.) Didn't Atoli sence AIDA's presence in the ENTIRE arena during the PK tournament? The reason being as to why the players were so emotional. I could of sworn that would have been an indication that the entire arena at the time was an AIDA server. Plus, didn't Kuhn or Haseo mention that as well? Epescially Haseo, when he got that mail from Anteres, saying that was AIDA corrupting those feelings of pride inside him or something?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

"It's not like they're spirits"? Elaborate.

And Akasu, if Atoli can see Avatars, Yata can. Also, who says AIDA couldn't have simply inhabited the normal server? Sakaki, being an admin at the time that claimed he could control AIDA, almost definitely could've gotten away with it.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

1.) Yata could do that? I thought...Ummm...I'm confused. D:
Yata is an elite hacker and he works on Project GU. Certainly between that and Pi's assistance, along with possible access to the source codes of the Epitaph PC technology, he can jerry-rig something.

Like I said, all he has to do is alter a perception filter. Theoretically, it's not that difficult. It'd be like messing with the instancing in an MMO that spawns a different individual version of the dungeon for each adventuring party, to prevent crossover.
2.) Didn't Atoli sence AIDA's presence in the ENTIRE arena during the PK tournament? The reason being as to why the players were so emotional. I could of sworn that would have been an indication that the entire arena at the time was an AIDA server. Plus, didn't Kuhn or Haseo mention that as well? Epescially Haseo, when he got that mail from Anteres, saying that was AIDA corrupting those feelings of pride inside him or something?
An AIDA Server is a server created and maintained by the AIDA; this was not happening. It was simply because Sakaki and like half the people there were infected, and the place was overrun with AIDA generally messing with ****.
What I mean is that perceiving the Avatars isn't really the work of extra-sensory perception or some other magical process. It's a mechanic of their technology. See above, it's a filter effect. It'd be like trying to tune a radio.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

AuraTwilight wrote:
What I mean is that perceiving the Avatars isn't really the work of extra-sensory perception or some other magical process. It's a mechanic of their technology. See above, it's a filter effect. It'd be like trying to tune a radio.
I understand what you're saying, that they aren't spirits in real life per se, but in the context of The World, they are. We agree on that, right?

Besides, it's easy to make the mistake of thinking ESP is involved with seeing Avatars when that very sense seems to be the only thing involved with summoning them.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

...Wha? I'm pretty sure it's stated in the game that the arena is turned into an AIDA server. Or was this disproven in the game itself?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I understand what you're saying, that they aren't spirits in real life per se, but in the context of The World, they are. We agree on that, right?
Well, no. If you mean metaphorically in the same way that Aura is a "Goddess", then I suppose, but it'd probably be more appropriate to call them gods.
...Wha? I'm pretty sure it's stated in the game that the arena is turned into an AIDA server. Or was this disproven in the game itself?
I don't remember any statement claiming this is an AIDA Server, and it makes no sense within the context of the plot because Sakaki is technically working with CC Corp to help curb the AIDA, and I don't think they would tolerate an AIDA Server. The only confirmed AIDA Servers were created with Innis's power, anyway.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

You said that it was because half the people there were infected; this is NOT true. Haseo was being strongly influenced by AIDA even before he got infected by Taihaku's bayonet; he almost called out his Avatar on IYOTEN and Asta. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the only people in the tournament (and audience) that were infected were Taihaku and the Hetero Trio. Don't quote me on this, though; you're free to prove me wrong if you wish.

I think it was in one of the emails... I *recall* that it was stated to be an AIDA server. Again, though, my memory is flaky, so it's best not to believe everything I say.

Edit: Ah, here we go.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/G ... 40-100.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/G ... 40-103.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/G ... 40-106.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/G ... 40-111.jpg
Akasu

Post by Akasu »

I thought so. That's what I was talking about. Kuhn was the one who said that statement in the last link. The players couldn't have all been infected, just influenced, especially with Haseo and Antares, and Sakaki, The Hetero Trio, and Taihaku were the only infected players within the arena. An AIDA server would be the only logical thing that could fit the description on how big of a sense Atoli was feeling.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Ah, alright then, so Sakaki just became an even bigger plothole, that's fine.

You'll have to forgive me, it's been a few years and my copies of the games are in Japanese, so I have to play entirely by ear.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I don't think CC Corp was actually fully aware of half of what Sakaki was doing.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

AuraTwilight wrote:Ah, alright then, so Sakaki just became an even bigger plothole, that's fine.
It's not a plothole. It's intended to be a dumbed-down explanation of the events taking place for everyone involved, including the audience, so that we all relatively understand what's going on. Technically it's incorrect, but practically, giving a damn about this is total nitpicking.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

And thus, it's technically a plothole. That's okay though, because Sakaki's provided plotholes already, anyway.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

AuraTwilight wrote:And thus, it's technically a plothole.
No, it's not, unless you take every little thing the characters say as gospel.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I was referencing CC Corp's gross ignorance and the inconsistency in the information given to us (it's bad writing to have a character be wrong and never demonstrate this), along with the other plotholes Sakaki's created, such as the bullcrap he pulls in Online Jack.
-Raina-

Post by -Raina- »

AuraTwilight wrote:along with the other plotholes Sakaki's created, such as the bullcrap he pulls in Online Jack.
Hm? Please explain.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

-Raina- wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:along with the other plotholes Sakaki's created, such as the bullcrap he pulls in Online Jack.
Hm? Please explain.
 On .hack//G.U. Vol.2, there is an episode of Online Jack where Salvador and Michiru break into the elementary school, finding the missing children within the computer lab, along with Sakaki's player, Toru. However, it appears that Toru had the children under a trance, or some type of mind control. Salvador jumps in to get him, but is quickly electrcuted, after touching Toru. The cops arrive from outside, and Toru and the rest of the children mysteriously vanish.
-Raina-

Post by -Raina- »

Advent_Winter wrote:
-Raina- wrote:
Hm? Please explain.
 On .hack//G.U. Vol.2, there is an episode of Online Jack where Salvador and Michiru break into the elementary school, finding the missing children within the computer lab, along with Sakaki's player, Toru. However, it appears that Toru had the children under a trance, or some type of mind control. Salvador jumps in to get him, but is quickly electrcuted, after touching Toru. The cops arrive from outside, and Toru and the rest of the children mysteriously vanish.
I'm going to feel REALLY stupid if it's really obvious and I'm just not seeing it, but exactly how is that a plothole?