Damn Doppy the 2nd

Metorva, Arcana Lord

Damn Doppy the 2nd

Post by Metorva, Arcana Lord »

Same as last time, got owned so fast it was like blink, blink dead, and im level 95. He's way to freakin fast. I want the quest sword to complete my legendary arsenal (Twin Heavens, and Ticking Death in possession.) How do you reap his soul. I really need to know before moving onto vol.3 Redemption.
Dengar

Re: Damn Doppy the 2nd

Post by Dengar »

Beast Awakening.
Pi Fanboy

Post by Pi Fanboy »

Or, Level up to 100. Take 2 people that have pink affection. Use Divine Awakening and hope you get a high rating. I killed him with a Divine Awakening both times.
Metorva, Arcana Lord

Post by Metorva, Arcana Lord »

Thanks, but I figured it out already. The Moon + The Hanged Man + The Emperor + The Hermit then heal any damage with Healing Storms and Recover SP via Spirit Drops, unleash Beast and BOOM instant pwn. Thanks anyway, same trick works on him in the third game except you need to slow him down and lower his attack and defense values that way you take less damage.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

Status afflictions... Don't bother with those. They're not all that useful.
Doppleganger's Dance

Post by Doppleganger's Dance »

Actually, Paralysis/Charm works quite nice on Dopple. -.-;
The-WILD-Wild-west

Post by The-WILD-Wild-west »

one thing i dont get is that was able to beat him at level 80 or higher with miner difficultie using divine like crazy.
but round two i retreated because we ran out of supplys (used to keep ourselves alive.) beacuse his health and strength just increaesed so much!!!!!!!!!!.
just to say: i owned him with little effort at lv 100 and got the syth.
i dont get him. :?
Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

HOLY GOD, DUDE THAT DOPPLE WAS THE EASIEST, I DON'T EVEN NEED AWAKENING TO KICK HIS ASS
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

Just max out the people you wanna use in the assault then use alot of rengekis and combos to build up your Meter. Then use Beast Awakening.
Alren

Post by Alren »

You know, it's not that hard, I even beat him twice at the beggining of the game. Since He will always has 8 lvs above you, you can try to kick his ass anytime you want with the same opportunities to do so.
My strategy, equipped everyone with fully alchemyced weapons customiced with paralisis atacks. Then went to any area, clear it of monsters and letting the morale gauge charged. Then wait for his appearance and engache him. The trick is to use demon awakening (not divine) and have you and your companions (with rage strategy) to throw at him everything you got, doing this you have high chances of paralizing hm and inflict him great damage. For weapon I recommend to use the broadsword using the rapid hit trick (pulse X and quickly O to guard, quickly X again, then O, and so) once you get acostumed you can hit very fast with the broadsword. The reason for this is that doppel is absurdly fast with the twinswords, and one swing from the scythe will disperse you whole party givving doppel the change to own your ass. So, if you do it correctly you can get him paraliced all the combat and inflict him enough damage to avaid his regeneration problem.
Oh yes, one more thing, do not do a rengeki attack! becouse during the animation your pals won't attack, and doppel will still regenerate! to charge our morale gauge use items that affect your whole party.
As i said, I defeated him in low leves (I was on my fifties), for my party members I used Pi and Siliabus, but you can do it with anyone you want. I did this twice and was fully equipped for the rest of the game, as doppel weapons are the beast for 2nd volume.
If you're still having problems, advance until you can do the lucky animal quest to get the animal radar. Then find an area with sleipnir, and after you kill all the monster, kick it and wait for doppel. Enter batlle and inmidiantly scape with a smoke screm. Engache him again to do sleipnir effect again and then one beast awakening should be enough to finish him off.
Adept

Post by Adept »

I did it at lvl 98 with lvl 97 Endrance and Atoli I have everyone heal and I go crazy. Using dual swords kinda helps have your strongest twin blade attack and sparrow counter very helpful when he goes air-born. Anyway have Beast Awakening set and when he uses a skill just use your own. I used Whirlwind and Sparrow Counter. After so long it will be easy and the morale gauge goes up slowly but surly.(With Atoli healing you every 2 seconds and Endrance giving you magic healers...) When its full unleash hell on the dopple
Retribution

Post by Retribution »

Lol, I can't find him anywhere.... I've tried at least 10 different random field areas and haven't found him at all T.T
Is there something that I'm missing? or could it be that my disc is glitchy?

Edit: Nevermind found him, and beat him. It took me about an hour but i did it. You have to beat him twice to get the scythe though right?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yup, and if you beated him in Vol. 1 then the first time you beated him you should've gotten his Dual Swords.

And to find Doppel easier...way until you finish the game and get some "special" keywords, one of them being Moonlight. Just go to any field area with that as the 3rd Word and Doppel will already be there (not exactly in the same spot as you, but wandering around).
Otherwise, just warp to an area and leave the game there without moving for 5 min (you can move, but battling resets the counter and other stuff halts it). After that, go looking around...Doppel should appear soon.
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Okay, seriously, this thread was last posted in over a year ago. Don't revive such old topics please.