Doppleganger - Beat him easy right after starting Vol. 2...

Suikoden

Doppleganger - Beat him easy right after starting Vol. 2...

Post by Suikoden »

... then got my arse kicked when I tried to kill him again just after doing Haseo's final job extension quest.

I don't get it...all I did at the end of Vol. 1 and the start of Vol. 2 to kill him was use beast awakening - He was dead both times before the awakening even ended. Divine awakening barely took out half his hit points when I got my arse handed to me, and to make matters worse my attacks weren't doing any damage to him.

Does anyone know if fighting him on the Dol Dona server makes any difference to his strength? The two times I killed him without breaking sweat were on the Mac Anu server...
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Re: Doppleganger - Beat him easy right after starting Vol. 2...

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

There's no difference. Were you using a different weapon class? Whenever I fight him I prefer to use Twin Blades.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

If he uses his Sycthe, he can hit more damage and hit yo uand your party members at the same time. If you use a Broadsword, he will use his and can half your hit points. So yeah, Twin blades is best. Instread of using Divine Awakening, why dont you use best awakenign like you used to? I always kill him when i use Plasma Blade with Divine Awakening.
vasto_lorde

Post by vasto_lorde »

Use the sleipnir strategy... Or use the beast awakening with your party member on rage... And alway use twin blades when fighting him...
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

I can't understand how my attacks were doing 5-10 dmg on him when I beat him so easily twice previously with beast awakening. I was using the Heine(sp?) broadsword I got from him the first time around.
vasto_lorde wrote:Use the sleipnir strategy... Or use the beast awakening with your party member on rage... And alway use twin blades when fighting him...
Did that about an hour ago, couldn't get the motivation required to keep fighting him, losing and legging it. I now have my uber weapon set. :D

While I'm here, do you guys have any tips for beating Matsu's time on bike courses 1-3 +5? Can't see a way to better my speed.
Dualreact

Post by Dualreact »

let's make it clear, the stronger haseo is, the stornger the dopp is,think of it like this, if dopp had 1000 hp on level 50, he would have almost double on level 100.
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

I know; Dopp is always 8 levels above Haseo...apart from when you reach the cap at level 100. The difference 8 levels have in damage taken and received is nasty in the .hack world.

Btw, I just beat bike mission 1 and 2 after working out 'skiing' doesn't mean just turning at full speed. Think I got the world record on mission 2 with a time of 9:03, amazed myself after I'd only got 9:33 once in about 20 previous attempts. :D
Crimson Blade

Post by Crimson Blade »

i just used twinblades since that would limit his damg. do a tonn of rengeki which helped get divine awakening.
CrimsonGhost

Post by CrimsonGhost »

ive been waiting in a field for about 45 mins now and no dopp. >.<
The Angel of Ruin

Post by The Angel of Ruin »

Make sure you aren't in a story field crimson. Also, he won't always appear in the same area of the field that you're in, I've personally found on the complete opposite side of the field from me once, so you'll probably need to search him out after waiting 5-10 minutes
Pi Fanboy

Post by Pi Fanboy »

Well..The first playthrough, I waited till I was Level 100.. And Dopple fell both times to a Divine Awakening. I always wait till you hit the level cap..and it seems to make Dopple weaker, rather then stronger. When I hit Level 50 on Vol.1, Dopple fell to a Beast Awakening from Haseo, Pi and Silabus. On my second playthrough of Vol.2, I tried going after Dopple at Level 73..hoo man..That was a mistake..a Divine Awakening only took half his health, and he beat the crap out of us. I had to use the Slepnir tactic just to beat him once. I haven't beaten him a second time yet.. lol.
Doppleganger's Dance

Post by Doppleganger's Dance »

Prepare a Beast Awakening and set your Party Members to Rage and then just use a Broadsword and Guard Cancel him to death.

That or you pack a lot of The Hanged Mans and use them to Paralyze him.
Metorva, Arcana Lord

Post by Metorva, Arcana Lord »

Yo, so you can use the Hein broad on him, I thought u had to beat him in order to get the Hein. Can you tell me where to find it. I beat him at level 40 on vol. 1 because i thought you pwn him before 50 and you get it to start with in vol. 2. But that was a sad disappointment. so can u pls tell me where to find that broadsword.
Dengar

Post by Dengar »

By beating the Doppelganger.