Your final boss team?

GyppyGirl2021

Re: Your final boss team?

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

That's true... and really, with the exception of a few Avatar battles, .hack//G.U. is generally a fairly easy game overall. Especially in comparison with the first four. Just leveling up in QUARANTINE was next to impossible.

Oh, and while Corbenik 2 is a fairly difficult Avatar battle IMO, Corbenik 1 is a cinch. It's hard to believe that he can seriously miss by that much!
Arisato

Post by Arisato »

i still haven't beaten the games with kite...... im at level 99 and i still can't win
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I just fought Tarvos at level 96 and won :P

But yeah, thread derailed...
Arisato

Post by Arisato »

true

beat it at lvl 65 haseo lvl 57 enderance
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Level 65? Nice :P
How were you able to get through Sakaki's dungeon at such level? If i remember, that was the only thing that prevented me from finishing the game at a lower level...neither Sakaki or Ovan were any difficult, but those mechanical things you HAD to fight were, and they increased my levels too x-x

And yeah, in GU, playing skills and knowing what to do on each situation are far more important than status values. And actually, the main stuff that matters in GU battles is level...damage inflicted and damage received are mostly dependant on level. Fight 10 levels higher and with the worst equipment, and you easily win. Fight 20 levels lower and with the best equipment, and you'll still do like 3 damage and receive like 3000.
Arisato

Post by Arisato »

i had a lot of help with healing items and i had 99 revives for all my party members i died about 7 times but that was it, didn;t die once when fighting ovan or sakaki
rayna

Post by rayna »

i think I brought Atoli and Silabus
I kinda forget because it was 1-2 years ago
Both at level 93 i think..
I brought Atoli for healing of course
And Silabus for helping Haseo to take care of Ovan and Silabus had a great skill too
>.>
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Haseo, Atoli, and Kuhn.

Even in Volume 1, this was my preferred team for just playing around in those times you had access to everyone. Haseo for the combos/ versatility, Atoli for the healing/support, and Kuhn for the flat out damage. Steam gunners are ridiculously damaging with the right setups (Heck, I hacked Kuhn into the player 1 spot once and got a rengeki with the silent Jade with dust bullet on Vol 3... multiple hits of over 1000 on the Abados, it was crazy) and so long as you don't rely TOO heavily on them (high SP costs, weak melee) they make a good addition to any team, I find.

However, my fiancee first tried Ovan solo at like level 80, thinking she had to go alone for some reason. When she told me how hard it was, my main party was level 100 before I attempted it. Man, what a letdown, I wanted a FIGHT, not a MASSACRE!

Though I did replay Vol 2 since I didn't get the "Own King" on Volume 1 and the Doppelganger weapons are complete and utter ownage on Volume 2 and I went a very long time without access to Volume 3.
rayna

Post by rayna »

Ranylyn wrote:However, my fiancee first tried Ovan solo at like level 80, thinking she had to go alone for some reason. When she told me how hard it was, my main party was level 100 before I attempted it. Man, what a letdown, I wanted a FIGHT, not a MASSACRE!
lv 80?
i know it was really hard
._.
and... did ur fiance defeat ovan in that level?
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

rayna wrote:and... did ur fiance defeat ovan in that level?
No, she levelled up to about 93 and went back with the same team I did and destroyed him. I did a low level run (Beat Sirius at like 65 or so) and won on my second run throguh Vol 2 though, I think I was level 75 when I beat Ovan?
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

Party for Final Boss [ Ovan ] was.. Mah Best Team: Haseo, Endrance, Pi.

NOTE: About Ovan weakness point.. The Orbs that they are appear with the AIDA...

There are 3 types from it right?

Healers 3 witch they Stand near by him
Spells 3 WITCH THEY STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!
Defense 1 Same as the First.

Weakness Just defeat 2 of the Spells AIDA Orbs witch they use Holy Arrow. and let 1 then Defeat Ovan. If you do The Orb will be Surely so far from Ovan so You're not able to destroy it by mistake. If you're thinking that your party will Defeat it Just click/tap '' L1 '' So the party will come near you. If you do that Ovan will NEVER Able to create new Orbs.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Weakness Just defeat 2 of the Spells AIDA Orbs witch they use Holy Arrow. and let 1 then Defeat Ovan. If you do The Orb will be Surely so far from Ovan so You're not able to destroy it by mistake. If you're thinking that your party will Defeat it Just click/tap '' L1 '' So the party will come near you. If you do that Ovan will NEVER Able to create new Orbs.
That's quite a good strategy, as you'll be able to prevent the Repth-spamming orbs from appearing, which in my opinion, is what makes this battle any hard (because if you're careless/slow, they'll heal Ovan from 500 to 3000 in seconds). Though at a low level, you'd have to be careful to not get hit by their Lei Zas spell, as it would be a 1-hit KO, and it wouldn't be exactly easy to avoid while you're busy smacking Ovan all over XD
rayna

Post by rayna »

Ranylyn wrote:No, she levelled up to about 93 and went back with the same team I did and destroyed him. I did a low level run (Beat Sirius at like 65 or so) and won on my second run throguh Vol 2 though, I think I was level 75 when I beat Ovan?
cool
o.o
are u serious?
o.o
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

TheSorrow wrote:Though at a low level, you'd have to be careful to not get hit by their Lei Zas spell, as it would be a 1-hit KO, and it wouldn't be exactly easy to avoid while you're busy smacking Ovan all over XD
But at such low levels, there aren't any armor attachments that can help vs. Ovan that aren't Counters anyway. If a "cheap" kill isn't on the menu, then two Anti-Light would take care of Lei Zas's damage (the bigger problem would be if it stuns you long enough for Ovan to get a hit in).
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Master ZED wrote:
TheSorrow wrote:Though at a low level, you'd have to be careful to not get hit by their Lei Zas spell, as it would be a 1-hit KO, and it wouldn't be exactly easy to avoid while you're busy smacking Ovan all over XD
But at such low levels, there aren't any armor attachments that can help vs. Ovan that aren't Counters anyway. If a "cheap" kill isn't on the menu, then two Anti-Light would take care of Lei Zas's damage (the bigger problem would be if it stuns you long enough for Ovan to get a hit in).
Exactly. But it's really not a big deal to avoid Lei Zas, I found. The trick? For my low level fight with Ovan I adjusted my camera angle to get more of a top view so I could always see where Lei Zas was being targeted, and I'd pop the skill trigger and Whirlwind Ovan when it was about to hit me, and I'd Tiger Strike the orb if it was after Atoli or Kuhn. Granted, I missed more than one chance for a Rengeki because of it, but playing defensively always wins in G.U. Always.

Mind you, Ovan's "Tri-Edge" attack was a problem. Luckily it only seems to hit Haseo, so I had Atoli set to life. On the condition that the Lei Zas orbs fell and were replaced with the healing orbs, I'd set her for rage temporarily. I also saved my awakenings for this as well.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Mind you, Ovan's "Tri-Edge" attack was a problem. Luckily it only seems to hit Haseo, so I had Atoli set to life. On the condition that the Lei Zas orbs fell and were replaced with the healing orbs, I'd set her for rage temporarily. I also saved my awakenings for this as well.
Yeah, the "Tri-Edge" attack will only target Haseo (in fact, you should've noticed that all attacks of that kind, that certain story bosses do, always are against Haseo only), so you can be confident enough of it and just set others to quickly heal/revive Haseo. Ovan also has an attack pattern, so it's easy to predict the order of his attacks, and when you should be ready or not for enduring this attack.

And thankfully with the strategy i used, i almost had to worry nothing about the orbs, and just once against Ovan's main attack...of course, the strategy originally came from ZED, i just pretty much copied it and adapted it on my own a little >3>' lol But well, helped me to beat Ovan at level 71 or something, and in less than 5 minutes 8D lol
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

Well Just Use something Nulify Holy Attack or lower the Damage as for my Strategy.

When you're afraid to lose. Just give your party Revival Med. 50 Each one. and 50 SP Charger and 50 HP Healer.

When he says: Haseo.... This is the True Tri-Edge you've been searching for! When you're Throwed to the Whole Area of the Battle.

Just SPAM Tringale Button and use a Heal. from Items. or Repth or Ol. That makes you Stand and your SP is in save.

About the Lei Zas Orb AIDA Just USE PLEASE READ THIS! Use One of the Two.

A- The Emeror - Witch it's Disables SP form the Orb.
B- The Hanged Man - Witch is Paralysis the Orb.

-- NOTE: I use one of them and it works and the other doesn't But I don't remember.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Woah, they really work against the orbs? o-O I would've never guessed...not only i don't use status ailments often, but well, they're bosses, so i would immediatly assume that they're immune against those kinds of attacks.

But yeah, if that works, then leaving one orb alive, preventing it from attacking, and keeping Anti-Lights in case he does attack, make up for a great strategy, working at any level. Wow XD
Ranylyn

Post by Ranylyn »

Yeah, seriously. It's to the point where I never try to cause any status ailment on any boss in any RPG anymore since they almost never work. Exceptions being games where there's a reliable way to inflict them, just tos ee if they work (such as in FFXII, there is an accessory that reverses the effect of used items, and if you pop a remedy (can be upgraded to cure literally every ailment besides disease, IIRC) on a boss, anything it does not resist, it can be inflicted with, since remedies have 100% accuracy.

... though that's kind of a lie in itself though. I do remember using Seal and Paralyze on Sakaki and the Seal Guardians. So maybe not "Never..." I guess it's only if I have an item that can cause it reliably.
TheSupremeKing

Post by TheSupremeKing »

TheSorrow wrote:

Woah, they really work against the orbs? o-O I would've never guessed...not only i don't use status ailments often, but well, they're bosses, so i would immediatly assume that they're immune against those kinds of attacks.

But yeah, if that works, then leaving one orb alive, preventing it from attacking, and keeping Anti-Lights in case he does attack, make up for a great strategy, working at any level. Wow XD
See? I told you. Cause I've studied Ovan So perfectly Lol.

BECAUSE: I played in G.U 2 by Jap first [ I cut the Cutscene ] and then G.U 2 English. and the same thing in G.U 3

:P