Your final boss team?

Xu Yuan

Your final boss team?

Post by Xu Yuan »

Ah finally! Some freedom! I hated the stuffy forced battle at the end of Vol. 1 but the freedom to bring anyone for that final battle really opened up a lot of possibilities. Of course there's reasons why such was done, correct? I'd like to know what your teams were and the purpose you brought them for. In example my final team consisted of Atoli and Kuhn... Kuhn, I felt was put to the side this game, so to make it up to the continuance of the character, invited him. Also at the time he was the only person besides Haseo with a lost weapon. Atoli should have been the one to get revenge after being one hitter - cutscene - quitter , by Ovan, so that was the reason I invited her, also because of the healing that she'd inevitably do...

After deciding on my final team I went to grab the Tragedies Haze, or whatever it's called, for Atoli. But the first time I went to Ovan I forgot to equip it. we fought back for a good long while before Atoli and Kuhn had some odd attraction to his Arm Beam that they ran into it, over and over again. That was the end of that, second time it was more Kuhn who kept on jumping into the Beam, also the Death Neighbors were a bit annoying. Third time, played it smarrt, leveled to 93 and threw on Ap Corv and Ap Corva along with Rig Seam and Geam. Unfortunately Ovan went down in about three minutes with that.
Pi Fanboy

Re: Your final boss team?

Post by Pi Fanboy »

I faced off against Ovan with Haseo Lv.94, Atoli Lv.93 and Matsu Lv.93. Ovan barely managed to get off any powerful attacks..even his Tri-Edge sign barely did anything. Matsu kept nailing him down with his oddly strong Gun Arts moves, Atoli kept us healed, and I just beat the crap out of Ovan. Matsu was actually smart enough to kill the Orbs that Ovan summons too. Corbenik however, was a joke.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I didn't understand that, of all the phases or Aida in the game, Corbenik was the simplest, lacking even a Kobold Bullet or any truly powerful moves. I'd just like to think that Ovan was holding back (please let their be another Corbenik battle in Vol. 3 to make up for that pittance.)
TheEnigma
The Beholder of Chaos
The Beholder of Chaos

Post by TheEnigma »

i faced him at lvl. 100 with pi and atoli both at 100. i picked atoli for her healing(which i ended up not needing) and pi to score mad damge by racking up huge combos.
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

First time I went,it was with a level 92 Haseo and levels 89 Endrance and Kuhn
Second time I went,it was with a level 100 Haseo.Just haseo.Alone.Haseo VS Ovan Mano A Mano.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Haseo vs. Ovan? How did that go? I mean I had enough trouble beating him with three people, I couldn't imagine fighting Ovan one on one!
Zechare

Post by Zechare »

Truthfully, I never used a party against him when I fought him I only used my lvl 100 Haseo to fight with him it seemed more appropiate I guess, Just for pay back on Shino, I did alright though the match lasted about 10-15 minutes though, And I hated those damn orbs thingys lol, They were the worst for me but I got passed it lol, And his Avatar that was pitiful, I was hoping for somthing more, To be honest anyone agree with me there?
Chie

Post by Chie »

Personally I'm still try'n to beat Ovan *sigh* First time I tried was with a level 85 or 87 Haseo with Atoli and Pi. Them being around a level or two lower than Haseo, sadly I was totally killed >_< I'm trying to level up to level 90 or so....should I go higher though? Heh heh >_< I kinda though wanna replace bringing Pi for Matsu or Endrence <3 Gotta keep Atoli though, she's my healing girl <3 Ha ha :D
Zechare

Post by Zechare »

Chie wrote:Personally I'm still try'n to beat Ovan *sigh* First time I tried was with a level 85 or 87 Haseo with Atoli and Pi. Them being around a level or two lower than Haseo, sadly I was totally killed >_< I'm trying to level up to level 90 or so....should I go higher though? Heh heh >_< I kinda though wanna replace bringing Pi for Matsu or Endrence <3 Gotta keep Atoli though, she's my healing girl <3 Ha ha :D
Honestly lol I was level 100 before I even tried fighting with him because I knew he would blow me away lol, But Atoli of course is real good because shes a Harvest Cleric and personally I like either Matsu or Endrance there even better if you get there Adler Key weapons. <I think thats what there called lol>
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

87 was the level I tried to fight him at and he completely demolished me. But don't forget about the buffs Atoli has, if you are still having a lot of trouble she can easily make it into a cakewalk with her buffs she is able to give. As well don't forget about Rig Saem and Rig Gaem from the Talismans. I'd suggest to level to at least 90.
Pi Fanboy

Post by Pi Fanboy »

Yes.. Fighting Ovan at level 80-85 is considerably hard. Wait until you're atleast 90-95 before going after him, or he'll just completely pwn you. And the thought of soloing Ovan sounds rather scary to me.. lol..My Haseo only knows one healing move, Repth..so if I ran out of heallants, I would've been screwed on my own. As mentioned, I faced him at level 93 and it seemed like beating him was simplistic. And I agree with everyone, Corbenik was very dissappointing.
Reon

Post by Reon »

First time: Level 93-Haseo/Level 92-Atoli/Level 92-Endrance (All with their Lost Weapons)
Second time:Level 100 Haseo

Xu Yuan wrote:I didn't understand that, of all the phases or Aida in the game, Corbenik was the simplest, lacking even a Kobold Bullet or any truly powerful moves. I'd just like to think that Ovan was holding back (please let their be another Corbenik battle in Vol. 3 to make up for that pittance.)
Be careful what you wish for.

You will get another shot at him, in his CORBENIK:2ND version
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death

Post by haseoxth »

Xu Yuan wrote:Haseo vs. Ovan? How did that go? I mean I had enough trouble beating him with three people, I couldn't imagine fighting Ovan one on one!
Its like....going to a level 100 area at level 90.Its hard,but you know you can do it.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

For everyone saying they beat Ovan alone, that would make a great video! If anyone has any video capture equipment, that would be a fight to see!
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death

Re:

Post by haseoxth »

Xu Yuan wrote:For everyone saying they beat Ovan alone, that would make a great video! If anyone has any video capture equipment, that would be a fight to see!

I would do it,but the video is gonna look really crappy.
Master ZED

Re:

Post by Master ZED »

Xu Yuan wrote:For everyone saying they beat Ovan alone, that would make a great video! If anyone has any video capture equipment, that would be a fight to see!
Well, what level would make it interesting? I've got a save from my original playthrough at LV. 86 that would likely work well for this. Lower would be too conservative a battle (and too damn long, if possible at all, due to Restore Neighbors) and I don't think higher would be too interesting. LV. 100 would suck as bad as the Corbenik battle, which I've already uploaded, but I could do it again as part of this fight.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

Ah, Master Zed, I've seen your video's, Impressive Work! You completely demolish all of the Avatar's and Aida's. I'd really like to see your speed runs of G.U. but may I ask what happened to Mutation? It's obvious you plan much of everything you do. So it seems you aren't the kind of person to let a goal run by you.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

I used Atoli and Endrance, bringing Atoli made it more of a challange since i did most of the healing andd she just stood around and died. Im going to replay the game, this time im bringing no one.
Hyuuga

Post by Hyuuga »

Soloing Ovan at level 100 is a joke. He went down after 5-6 Scythe hits for me
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Xu Yuan wrote:Ah, Master Zed, I've seen your video's, Impressive Work! You completely demolish all of the Avatar's and Aida's.
Nice to know someone cares. :)
Xu Yuan wrote:I'd really like to see your speed runs of G.U. but may I ask what happened to Mutation? It's obvious you plan much of everything you do. So it seems you aren't the kind of person to let a goal run by you.
Mutation really felt like it would be more of the same as Infection and it actually got boring when I thought "Haven't I done this already?", so I dropped it by the time I reached Wiseman in my first research run. The real difference between Infection and Mutation is that I really felt like I could run Infection much faster due to there being too many misconceptions plaguing Brightstar's run. I didn't have much of a reason to do Mutation other than "It would be nice if I did it." If my only real reason is "It would be nice if..." you have good reason to think it will never happen, which is why I never improved the Infection run after I did it either (there's easily a few minutes improvement that could be done in retrospect).

G.U. is much like Infection in that I really want to run it. I don't know why in this case, but I know Reminisce was the one I wanted to do because Rebirth just wasn't nearly as fun.

I'll be honest though, the more I look at the fastest possible run plan for Reminisce, the more I question whether it would be worth watching all the way through. So far, I've got Leviathan as my trading fodder source, High Wolf as a Speed Talisman source (with Vital Talismans and Fairy Drops as a bonus, so no buying or trading for those which is actually pretty great), and Moon Rabbit as the only fast way to level up. That's a lot of roadkill. It's even worse that the fastest way to smash an animal takes at the very least 45 or so seconds per squash. With at least 40+ levels to earn, I'm looking at easily over an hour of delivering rabbit road rashes alone. Then you have 10 shots on High Wolf because Speed Talismans are necessary and they don't last long enough when you finally need them in longer dungeons (Moon Tree will need a lot of 'em alone, whether I have to have 50 to cover the entire game is another story), and Leviathan needing three shots for Tortoise Shell, Time Conch, and two Gudo Oil (still need to look up a Gudo Oil field). That's probably going to account for 1/5 of the entire run at best.

Really, I need at least an equal method to Moon Rabbit if I'm going to get by SDA's verifiers, and due to 400 EXP a shot, that will be difficult. If I had an all-Carrizabeth field and a way to force them into their self-destruct skill, that might work for the beginning, but I don't know how to make them do the latter on cue. In their shell, they can't pierce guard (I don't think, they only have three moves and I'm pretty sure one is a normal physical blow), curse gas is pretty meaningless, and aside from that, all they have is self-destruct, so even at 40 I would be safe. Chain Whips self-destruct and I know that a LV. 100 Wind/Earth field is guaranteed to have nothing but them, plus the keyword Concealed isn't even difficult to get in a new game, but they don't seem to even have access to the skill until they lose a substantial amount of HP, and I don't have a clue as to if there is a trigger for it (I think it's just a random move like with Carrie-types). I know there's at least one boss (Process Gear I think) with self-destruct, but he's the same as Chain Whip on the matter and would probably be worse than Moon Rabbit in the grand scheme of things. So it's not that I can't get a really fast time, it's that a really fast time could be said to be a really boring video in the same breath if an improvement can't be found. I blame the whole thing on the overdependence damage has on levels really, otherwise I'm confident I would have had this done already. Reminisce may be a short game, but shortening it is deceptively difficult. Worst case scenario, I'll have to find a way to upload it myself, cutting out the lucky animal segments to keep people awake. One way or another, I hope I can get it online at some point.

...anyway, moving on from the whining fit. :P Yeah, if solo Ovan would really be entertaining, I'll see what I can do.