Character Relations *MAJOR SPOILERS*

.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

Oh, I editted my post soon after. ^^;; Sorry, I was in a bad mood at first, and realised I shouldn't be taking it out on you.
Moneneko

Post by Moneneko »

Alright, and I'm sorry for being snarky right back. We cool then? (We didn't get the Terminal dsk in Canada sadly...)
Rade

Post by Rade »

Is this Perfect Guidebook available in English from anywhere?
.hack//BICTIOUS

'fraid not :/ America hasn't gotten any of the info books. I'm almost kinda glad though, because, without how vague some things in .hack are phrased, I'm terrified at the prospect of Tokyopop translating them and REALLY screwing us up.
Moneneko

Post by Moneneko »

Eck, I hear that. Another game I played before had MAJOR screw ups in the game itself, and it totally threw off the whole point of that certain thing being mentioned.

(Also like in the first Volume of A.I buster, the young man who works for Alberio that he spoke with now and then was actually Kamui, a woman O.o)
Rade

Post by Rade »

Is there anywhere online I can read translations? Like the .hack Wikia?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think Unison is canon, but maybe Sora just gradually began to forget things over time, rather than lose everything as soon as he woke up. And so when Unison took place not long after Quarantine, he still had his memories.
Wrong. Sora had instant amnesia the moment he woke up. In order for Unison to be canon, that Sora would have to be an AI, but it's still doubtful due to the absence of Wiseman and several other vital characters.
No.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

AuraTwilight wrote:
I think Unison is canon, but maybe Sora just gradually began to forget things over time, rather than lose everything as soon as he woke up. And so when Unison took place not long after Quarantine, he still had his memories.
Wrong. Sora had instant amnesia the moment he woke up. In order for Unison to be canon, that Sora would have to be an AI, but it's still doubtful due to the absence of Wiseman and several other vital characters.
No.
That clears that up. Thanks.
ME

Post by ME »

Rookie_One wrote: i was told that yata being wiseman was mentionned in a e-mail in vol.3
That can't be true because wiseman was 10 in IMOQ. that would make him 17 in GU and thats too young to be working at CC. corp.
Moneneko wrote:Eck, I hear that. Another game I played before had MAJOR screw ups in the game itself, and it totally threw off the whole point of that certain thing being mentioned.

(Also like in the first Volume of A.I buster, the young man who works for Alberio that he spoke with now and then was actually Kamui, a woman O.o)
I don't believe that it ever actually says the the person working for him was a guy, plus Kamui has a flashback in th LotTB manga and you see a pic of Alberio. (I can't check right now cause my manga got packed up already...moving is tough)
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

That can't be true because wiseman was 10 in IMOQ. that would make him 17 in GU and thats too young to be working at CC. corp.
Kamui joined CC Corp at 16, the age of legal adulthood in Japan, if I recall. Furthermore, CC Corp hired  Sakaki, a ten year old, so age doesn't matter.
I don't believe that it ever actually says the the person working for him was a guy, plus Kamui has a flashback in th LotTB manga and you see a pic of Alberio. (I can't check right now cause my manga got packed up already...moving is tough)
It refers to Kamui as a guy in AI Buster.
SpoilsbryTostBoy

Post by SpoilsbryTostBoy »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:'fraid not :/ America hasn't gotten any of the info books. I'm almost kinda glad though, because, without how vague some things in .hack are phrased, I'm terrified at the prospect of Tokyopop translating them and REALLY screwing us up.

Did somebody say "All you base are belong to us"?
Duo602

Post by Duo602 »

AuraTwilight wrote:Kamui joined CC Corp at 16, the age of legal adulthood in Japan, if I recall. Furthermore, CC Corp hired  Sakaki, a ten year old, so age doesn't matter.
Wait, then was it true that  Sakaki replaces Yata as the guildmaster (or operator) of the Serpent of Lore?
Not sure if that's a spoiler but just in case...
.hack//BICTIOUS

It is, and yes.
Yashimiku

Post by Yashimiku »

What Is Japan Coming To..?
x]
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

Re: Character Relations *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Post by Alkaid_loves_Haseo »

Yashimiku, don't worry, I'm a newbie too and I'll be glad to be your friend too, if you like. By the way, the reason Haseo doesn't remember he was Sora is because  at the end of .hack//SIGN, he was data drained by Skeith and was then released at the beginning of the first .hack game, INFECTION. He was in a coma the entire time and lost all memory of exactlly who he was and what the World had did to him.
Nauda

Post by Nauda »

Honestly, Haseo isn't Sora.. it just doesn't make sense, He was told about "The World from a Kid at school, Sora was way older then Haseo, He would have been in his 20's Haseo is 16 isn't he?

Elk was 14 theirs no way he can be Endrance, Endrance is in his 20's.. Read Elks conversation emails with Kite in the Previous Volumes...

Now, Seig and Kuhn couldn't possibly be the same, Cause Seig volunteered to be apart of G.U from the very beginning, Kuhn was unaware of his Ability and of G.U From the Beginning of the Anime.

So... Lets get some storys straight here people.. Terminal Disks don't tell all.. Read some of your Quarantine Emails from your Party Mates.

Elk
1. Don't apologize
2. Mia
3. You<<
4. No Reason
5. You've Changed
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

Actually, the original Sora was like in 3rd grade. At least that's what I heard. Anyways, he is Haseo. .hack Wiki even states that. Go look it up and it will state that Sora=Haseo.
Nauda

Post by Nauda »

Wikipedia is so full of holes, Half of it's information is submitted by users, Until it's officially released to us, I will NOT believe it's Sora, and i will prove it, *Downloads //sign*

Gender in The World Male
Class Twin Blade
Player's name Ryou Misaki
Player's gender Male
First Appearance .hack//Sign
Age in First Appearance 10
Seiyū Hiroshi Yanaka
Voice actor Dave Wittenberg

The age still doesn't fit Haseos age.
Alkaid_loves_Haseo
Arena Empress
Arena Empress

I haven't seen a post with Haseo's TRUE age. Sora sounded like n adult, but was really in 3rd grade, so there is room for Haseo to not sound his age. Some people do mature quicker than others, including their voices. Believe what you want, but there's a secret wallpaper on Vol. 2 I think that shows  Sora's original character. That's a hint from CCCorp. My friend works at gamestop and plays these games, and he promised me that that was Haseo's old self, but you don't have to believe me. No one's going to get pissed off at you for believing what you want to. :D For all we know, we may even be wrong. Who knows, right?
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Honestly, Haseo isn't Sora.. it just doesn't make sense, He was told about "The World from a Kid at school, Sora was way older then Haseo, He would have been in his 20's Haseo is 16 isn't he?
Sora was only ten at the time of IMOQ. GU is 7 years later and Haseo is seventeen. Also, Haseo has amnesia as his time of Sora.
Elk was 14 theirs no way he can be Endrance, Endrance is in his 20's.. Read Elks conversation emails with Kite in the Previous Volumes...
Elk was 13. Seven years later, he's the 20 year old Endrance.
Now, Seig and Kuhn couldn't possibly be the same, Cause Seig volunteered to be apart of G.U from the very beginning, Kuhn was unaware of his Ability and of G.U From the Beginning of the Anime.
Where'd you get that bull from? Sieg didn't volunteer for sh*t.
So... Lets get some storys straight here people.. Terminal Disks don't tell all.. Read some of your Quarantine Emails from your Party Mates.
You're right. The Terminal Disks don't tell all. The Perfect GU Guidebook, however, a FACTUAL, OFFICIAL source of storyline information directly from CC2 themselves, state beyond a doubt that Sora is Haseo, Elk is Endrance, and Sieg is Kuhn. Deal with it.
Actually, the original Sora was like in 3rd grade. At least that's what I heard. Anyways, he is Haseo. .hack Wiki even states that. Go look it up and it will state that Sora=Haseo.
4th grade.
Wikipedia is so full of holes, Half of it's information is submitted by users, Until it's officially released to us, I will NOT believe it's Sora, and i will prove it, *Downloads //sign*

Gender in The World Male
Class Twin Blade
Player's name Ryou Misaki
Player's gender Male
First Appearance .hack//Sign
Age in First Appearance 10
Seiyū Hiroshi Yanaka
Voice actor Dave Wittenberg
Wrong. The age matches up perfectly. Sora was 10. Haseo, a seventeen year old, comes into the story seven years later.

Furthermore, Haseo's real name is ALSO Ryou Misaki. This was revealed to us MONTHS before CC2 told us that Sora and Haseo are the same person.

Haseo being Sora is a fact. It's not up for debate or interpretation. We have Japanese scans directly from official sources, translated by reliable members such as Kuukai and Shinsou Wotan, to prove this. You? You don't have anything. If you can't even keep straight the real life name and ages of the characters you're debating, you have no place deciding whether or not some of them are synonymous.

Also, as for your Wiki comment, that applies to Wikipedia. The .hack//Wiki is the most reliable fanservice of .hack information on the internet. Unlike Wikipedia, it's heavily regulated and administrated to watch for any inaccurate changes. There's always atleast some administrators on (such as Kuukai or CRTwenty, really knowledgeable figures) who can monitor any of the...like, 20 changes made a day by a potential few hundred users, if even that much.