Bug/Glitch/Error/Tip Logs (May contain Spoilers)

Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Azure crow wrote:
mr.classybear wrote:Soryr if someone said htis, i havent been reading every post.

I noticed in some cut scenes, haseo and his party are in the position they are in when they fight. They look like they are holding there weapons, but there are no weapons there. Is this a mistake? Or where they too lazy to put the weapon there?
Battle stance.
They were just to lazy to do anything except for place the characters in the default battle position during tense moments.
Yeah, that happened rarely in IMOQ, two notable instances were during the phantom sidequest during Mutation (two times when Kite walked into Hulle-Granz (was that always its name? Some people act like it is...), he'd have no weapon instead of Amateur Blades).

This isn't a bug, but I think it's funny how the parties in dungeons can be completely random. I encountered one party just now in Returning Fighter's Hunt consisting of Governor Tadashi, Saltaholic, and Umbrella. Tadashi and Umbrella are polar opposites who hate each other, why the hell would they be on the same team? I guess you could try and write it off as Saltaholic splitting the two apart and having them talk things out at the platform (he is between them, granted), but that's still an awkward party to see that would certainly never actually happen. :P
Noaru Hikari

EXTREEME BUG GLITCH THING

Post by Noaru Hikari »

Ok I found this when I was playing FF XI and .hack//: G.U. at the same time XD, ok when you're fightning the last boss,  Corbenik when he uses his  Fearful Visitory attack and on the second hit, exactily RIGHT WHEN you're getting hit you press pause, and...  Your HP goes down and you can hear Skeith screaming a LOT, and also if you unpause it right when you hit 0 you loose but if you pause it like after a minute or so of him having 0 HP in pause glitch like mode the game freezes and your controler vibrates until you restart the game!!!! O.o so am I the only one who found this or what? please tell me I'm right on this!!! (Frist glitch post hope we get results ^^)
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Vibrates until you reset huh? Mmm......

Im gunna try that glitch out, sounds interesting. Ill try it out right now.
Balmung777

Re: EXTREEME BUG GLITCH THING

Post by Balmung777 »

Noaru Hikari wrote:Ok I found this when I was playing FF XI and .hack//: G.U. at the same time XD, ok when you're fightning the last boss,  Corbenik when he uses his  Fearful Visitory attack and on the second hit, exactily RIGHT WHEN you're getting hit you press pause, and...  Your HP goes down and you can hear Skeith screaming a LOT, and also if you unpause it right when you hit 0 you loose but if you pause it like after a minute or so of him having 0 HP in pause glitch like mode the game freezes and your controler vibrates until you restart the game!!!! O.o so am I the only one who found this or what? please tell me I'm right on this!!! (Frist glitch post hope we get results ^^)
I just tried that glitch and it works! The game froze and the controller still vibrated even though nothing on the screen was going on. I'll try to unpause when I reach 0 next time to see the other result.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Theta: Concealed Friend's Moonlight

A new underground entrance. This is a LV. 100 field with the special Doppelganger word and the Beast Temple is right next to the initial platform. No YouTube link, if you've seen one you've seen them all.

(unless one is requested of course, then I'll make one)

It certainly is the most conveinent entrance yet, but there's nothing new to be had here, it's another daytime field like Delta: Graceful Wrath's Shadow. :\
Master ZED

Re: Bug/Glitch/Error/Tip Logs (May contain Spoilers)

Post by Master ZED »

Time to add another bug... no video because replication would be extremely difficult.

I ran into a glitch with a trap box and Doppelganger. I opened the box with the bike, entered the combination and got my item. Before the box could disappear, I got the Encountered Doppelganger message since I guess he teleported in right when I opened the box. I held down X to go run him over and I opened the trap box a second time. I thought maybe I just, I dunno, imagined the first box or something and tried to forget it. Well, the game didn't:

So apparently, if you time something to interrupt after you have the item but before the box disappears, the trap box will close back up and return to its unopened state. However, the game will still count each opening of the box as a seperate treasure.
Fist_Fighter

Post by Fist_Fighter »

i think i ran into a glitch of some sort.
i was in the arena, did a counter, but instead of saying "rengeki" it said "bonveki".

and another one.
when fighting a blacklist PKer, no matter how much i hit the PKer, it did 0 damage, but when using Heine's Zero i gained 6999 HP per hit and 6999 SP per hit, every hit, for a few minutes, then it back to normal.

and a couple arena ones.
if you look at the screens, sometimes (but rarely) you will see Ovan, just smiling.
also if you press start while the announcer is talking, then press it again, he will stop talking for a few seconds.
akroma

Post by akroma »

Fist_Fighter wrote: and another one.
when fighting a blacklist PKer, no matter how much i hit the PKer, it did 0 damage, but when using Heine's Zero i gained 6999 HP per hit and 6999 SP per hit, every hit, for a few minutes, then it back to normal.

this wasn't the wicked ibaku guy was it??? because he has a sp shield that you gotta toast before you can toast him
Fist_Fighter

Post by Fist_Fighter »

no it was Maniac Helluger, first on the list.
akroma

Post by akroma »

ok no clue then...pretty freaky. i tried though
Fist_Fighter

Post by Fist_Fighter »

uummmm....i think i should just let a pic say it for me (all that happened is that i crashed).
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w291 ... shot-2.jpg
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Magus, paralyzed by the Terror of Death:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOoQu2VVPmo

It's an awesome glitch that freezes Magus in place until Protect Break; you can break his shield, use a full scythe combo, headbang the shield, whatever, he won't move. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in Rebirth; the whole reason this bug even works is because Magus's shield is defective in volume 2, letting you slash right through it. You need that second (and maybe third) slash for this to work.

I'd love to know if this bug exists in the japanese volume 1, though.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Fist_Fighter wrote:i think i ran into a glitch of some sort.
i was in the arena, did a counter, but instead of saying "rengeki" it said "bonveki".

and another one.

and a couple arena ones.
if you look at the screens, sometimes (but rarely) you will see Ovan, just smiling.
also if you press start while the announcer is talking, then press it again, he will stop talking for a few seconds.
Okay, some of your glitches arent really glitches. Actually in the Arena everytime you do a counterattack the game is suppose to say 'Hangeki" which means counterattack in japanese. But when the made the american version of Vol2 they made an error and now it says Rengeki instead of Hangeki. Anyways, its seems like yours is one of the games that didnt have that error.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Keyaki wrote:Actually in the Arena everytime you do a counterattack the game is suppose to say 'Hangeki" which means counterattack in japanese. But when the made the american version of Vol2 they made an error and now it says Rengeki instead of Hangeki. Anyways, its seems like yours is one of the games that didnt have that error.
No, it says Hangeki, but it reads Rengeki on the screen, which is the error.
Pyrosphere

Post by Pyrosphere »

A weird glitch at a Theta: Galloping Wrath's Blue Cloud

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NB7pf2bMbco

And yes, I recorded this myself.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

A bug with Corbenik; if his energy dips below the point at which Data Drain becomes available while his mini-Annas are out (during Variant Summon), he'll ignore the AIDA and go into his second attack pattern anyway. I found this while trying to perfect a one-shot kill of all five AIDA at the point of their creation.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Master ZED wrote:
Keyaki wrote:Actually in the Arena everytime you do a counterattack the game is suppose to say 'Hangeki" which means counterattack in japanese. But when the made the american version of Vol2 they made an error and now it says Rengeki instead of Hangeki. Anyways, its seems like yours is one of the games that didnt have that error.
No, it says Hangeki, but it reads Rengeki on the screen, which is the error.
Right what Zed said^^
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

Well, I made 2 threads about it only got one person who said (without going into detail) they sometimes get a white screen.

My problem is simple - Before some cut-scenes I get the "The World" loading icon jumping around the screen (as you'd imagine, faulty looking), followed by the same white screen you see when going through the Dol Dona doors...or is it the other way around it happens? Whatever. I only noticed this happening at all before the end of EVERY quest cut-scene, just after Haseo says "Quest done. Time to return to the quest shop" and you auto warp out of the dungeon and to the end of quest cut-scene. However, it did also happen a fair few times towards the end of the game between some cut-scenes not involving quests, I think the first non-quest showing being when you go to hack the sign to at Sif Berg to enter Moon Tree HQ, and the white screen part of this issue has also happened VERY RARELY during the field>town loading parts of the game.

There's one point I'd like to highlight about this issue - Doesn't it seem strange that this issue mainly shows up when completing a quest and you get a white screen when going through the doors in Dol Dona normally anyway? It doesn't explain the 'jumping' loading icon and the white screen thing showing up outside of quests, but...

Anyway... In order to locate when this happened, I did a speed run (without loading my Vol. 1 data) up to the first quest; the one where you have to beat Rain and Cloud. There was no sign of this issue at all up to that point. I haven't been able to confirm if the first time this happens is at the end of the first quest since Rain and Cloud owned, killing each party member in a few hits...that's what you get at level 40 with **** equipment and Gaspard healing. Will level up and beat those bastards tomorrow to check.
vasto_lorde

Post by vasto_lorde »

Suikoden wrote:Well, I made 2 threads about it only got one person who said (without going into detail) they sometimes get a white screen.

My problem is simple - Before some cut-scenes I get the "The World" loading icon jumping around the screen (as you'd imagine, faulty looking), followed by the same white screen you see when going through the Dol Dona doors...or is it the other way around it happens? Whatever. I only noticed this happening at all before the end of EVERY quest cut-scene, just after Haseo says "Quest done. Time to return to the quest shop" and you auto warp out of the dungeon and to the end of quest cut-scene. However, it did also happen a fair few times towards the end of the game between some cut-scenes not involving quests, I think the first non-quest showing being when you go to hack the sign to at Sif Berg to enter Moon Tree HQ, and the white screen part of this issue has also happened VERY RARELY during the field>town loading parts of the game.

There's one point I'd like to highlight about this issue - Doesn't it seem strange that this issue mainly shows up when completing a quest and you get a white screen when going through the doors in Dol Dona normally anyway? It doesn't explain the 'jumping' loading icon and the white screen thing showing up outside of quests, but...

Anyway... In order to locate when this happened, I did a speed run (without loading my Vol. 1 data) up to the first quest; the one where you have to beat Rain and Cloud. There was no sign of this issue at all up to that point. I haven't been able to confirm if the first time this happens is at the end of the first quest since Rain and Cloud owned, killing each party member in a few hits...that's what you get at level 40 with **** equipment and Gaspard healing. Will level up and beat those bastards tomorrow to check.
I get the white screen everytime the quest is done, but The World R:2 sign isn't there... This thing happens to all my friends...
Suikoden

Post by Suikoden »

Thanks for responding. :D

Are you sure? It seems strange there's no loading screen on your game when the game jumps from gameplay dungeon > quest shop cut-scene, unless you get the white screen while it's loading...

Also, have you ever noticed this white-screen thing at all outside Dol Dona/quests durong Vol. 2?