Bug/Glitch/Error/Tip Logs (May contain Spoilers)

Haseo{Terror of Death}
Protagonist
Location: "...in the rift between consciousness and unconsciousness of all souls..."

Post by Haseo{Terror of Death} »

that means i need to:
give lots of gifts
trade frequently
and alcemize till im broke
Friends are expensive :cry:
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Cant you invite and uninvite people, and it goes up?
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

The White Blade wrote:
Haseo{Terror of Death} wrote:So pink is the hightest affection in V2
Yea. I'm not too sure what the next colors are for V3, though. Can't find a vid or pics anywhere.
Highest affection in vol.3. is 5 orbs around the big pink orb.
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

My dislike was that in the Sakaki scene, his hair kept going through his body and at some point went to an angle where it looked like his hair is sticking out of his mouth......
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Ah hell...

- Yet another translation error; Dr. Kubo says he's taking back the Chim Chim Radar when he's actually taking back the Chim Examiner.

- The same as the above happens with Dr. Pao and the Lucky Sphere (he keeps referring to the Lucky Ball from the previous game).

I'm not listing anymore of these translation errors in this thread. It's pretty obvious both sides of the Pacific didn't give the game much attention at this point.
Spartan0021

Post by Spartan0021 »

Glitch - Just happened to me now; i never did the Beekeeper Mask quest. As i went to the middle room in the T-Intersection on the lower floor, all of a sudden about 1/5 of the way through the room i warped so i was running into the wall behind the chest.
FlickerHaseo

Post by FlickerHaseo »

Red Frost wrote:
The White Blade wrote:Just a weird thing. If I view Gaspard's affection via desktop, at the moment, he has 5 yellow dots.
Yet when I logged into the World, he's still yellow, but no dots.. x_x
There's gotta be a glitch... Cuz, I remember Pai was Blue one minute, then she was Yellow with 5 circles. So, I thought that maybe the affection thing worked backwords on Yellow (the more they like you, the less dots they have). But no, it works like it always has.

And Altimit, if you meant you don't understand how the affection thing measures, the more dots they have, the more they like you. When they have five, they can move onto the next level of affection. Then, it starts at zero dots.

Red>Blue>Yellow>Pink (The max affection color for Reminisce)
Yeah, Pi is now pink dot.... And I only used her for missions/arenas.... WTF?!?!?!?! Glitch.
The White Blade

Post by The White Blade »

FlickerHaseo wrote:
Red Frost wrote:
The White Blade wrote:Just a weird thing. If I view Gaspard's affection via desktop, at the moment, he has 5 yellow dots.
Yet when I logged into the World, he's still yellow, but no dots.. x_x
There's gotta be a glitch... Cuz, I remember Pai was Blue one minute, then she was Yellow with 5 circles. So, I thought that maybe the affection thing worked backwords on Yellow (the more they like you, the less dots they have). But no, it works like it always has.

And Altimit, if you meant you don't understand how the affection thing measures, the more dots they have, the more they like you. When they have five, they can move onto the next level of affection. Then, it starts at zero dots.

Red>Blue>Yellow>Pink (The max affection color for Reminisce)
Yeah, Pi is now pink dot.... And I only used her for missions/arenas.... WTF?!?!?!?! Glitch.
Actually, quests raise affection usually by one or two dots. Arena combat does something similar.
Pyrosphere

Post by Pyrosphere »

If you talk to the boat npc before going to the crowning ceremony he will say "Congratulations on winning the Demon Palace Tournament!"

It's kind of a weird thing to say seeing that you're going to the crowning ceremony for the Holy Palace Tournament ._.;;
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

It seems like they just reused the same script for all the Vital Vistas. It's not so much a glitch as laziness on the part of the developers.
altimit

Post by altimit »

Master ZED: Namco Bandai should hire you for QA :P
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

Here's another one. When you go through the door into Mac Anu or Dol Dona, you can't change your party members' equipment because they're busy entering town (hence the error message "action in progress"), right? Well, the same applies to within the @HOME, only if they aren't a Canard member, they never show up. As such, you can never change that person's equipment in the @HOME, you have to go back to town to do it. Endrance and Antares are my examples here.

I don't know if it's supposed to be impossible to swap equipment of non-guild members from the @HOME or if it's the action in progress message that's the real problem here (clearly they aren't doing anything, they just aren't there). Does anyone know if this inability was intentional or not? The error's wrong either way, I'm just wondering if the disabling of other characters' equipment menus was part of the plan. I highly suspect it wasn't.

EDIT: Definitely a bug. Try changing members while you're in the @HOME; you can change their equipment, but you can't change the equipment of the non-Canard member already with you.
Last edited by Master ZED on Tue May 15, 2007 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
coolmanx2

Post by coolmanx2 »

Dragoon2044 wrote:About the glitch with Pai. I'm really thankful it wasn't a defect in mine alone. :-D i was ready to take mine back for another copy...

i'm a little sad though because the characters don't speak anymore when you talk to them... thier voice actors. )-: That really annoys me.
yeah, i do miss hearing them speak, the only way i can listen to their voice is go fight monsters with them. you can atleast listen to 4 words haseo says  "alkaids....a lost one"
Leon481

Post by Leon481 »

I just encountered a bizarre glitch. I had just finished the Mushroom Hunting quest with Atoli and Bo (this was when it first became available) and I was in the middle of the Dol Donna town square and i replaced Atoli with Endrance to give him a piece of equipment.

All of a sudden, the camera moved to the gate and started following Endrance on his way to his spot by the @Home. I had no control over anything. Luckily, when I took Endrance out of the party, the camera switched back to Haseo.

I thought it was over so I went to Lumina Cloth to buy something for Bo and came back to Dol Donna. I replaced Endrance with Atoli in the Gate area and as soon as she warped in, the camera switched over to her. The controls worked normally, but the camera was on her. I went through the gate to the town square figuring that the load would fix the problem. Instead, the camera stayed at the gate. Then Atoli appeared and it started following her. I could still control Haseo, the camera was just on Atoli. Again, it fixed itself when I took her out of the party.

I was just wondering, has anyone else encountered anything like this before? I've tried to reproduce it, but I've had no luck. I know it's not my disk or machine so it's got to be some kind of new glitch. I just wish I could figure out what triggered it.
Ark Reuben

Post by Ark Reuben »

Wow, some glitch. I've never encountered it and I kinda doubt others have but they're welcome to answer if they do know.

This is super small but when your looking in Ryu Book IV and under the Items part, the Spirit Tree Bud item which is an armor customization item, is seen with the Accessory customization items instead.
Mystere Man

Post by Mystere Man »

I guess this is a Glitch

I was playing the Masquerade Quest (Bee Keepers mask) And when I fought the Masked beast after opening the chest it's hp data was invisible.
Then after that every monster in the dungeon's Hp Data was also invisible even when about to surprise them. If you opened the menu before a fight the data would come back but as soon as you were in the battle it was gone again. the only way to see their Hp was by using an item on them.

The same thing happened in the Gathering Shadows Quest (Shadowless Dog) but after those I didn't have that problem.
Dot Hack Crono

Post by Dot Hack Crono »

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet.

But the Flyer Radar sometimes say theres people you need to hand out the flyers to in dungeons but not one single person will be in the dungeon.
dre4life90

Post by dre4life90 »

So are these glitches that are only in the US Version of the game, or are they in the Japanese version as well?
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=35424183

If there's no movie by the time I wake up, I'll make one myself. Basically, someone screwed up with the map and found a glitch to hang the Chim Chim addition code during the bike missions, allowing you to very easily win with impossible times.

EDIT: Don't leave the Clear report up (the box that says "Ram all the King Chim Chims") when returning to town; you won't be able to get rid of it when you get there, and it prevents you from moving, forcing you to reset.
LegendaryDarkKnight
Mediocre Madness
Mediocre Madness

Post by LegendaryDarkKnight »

The one quest were you see negimaru and like 12 pk's. I brought Atoli and Matsu but in cut scenes instead of Matsu it was SakuBo.