Bug/Glitch/Error/Tip Logs (May contain Spoilers)

Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

If Dardeus is the field's boss, when you see the boss icon on the minimap, there's quite clearly a Warp Point sticking out from underneath it:

(that picture, OTOH, isn't very clear; you might want to go look for yourself at Theta: Petitioning Advice's Hunt if you really care about this)

Not only is there no point actually there, it wouldn't lead anywhere anyway; there's nothing south of that location. The point disappears once the boss is defeated, and it doesn't show up on the large map either way. As for why the minimap makes this mistake, I don't know; I went to see the dragon at Delta: Protected Blazing Berserker, and no mysterious warp came up on that minimap. This buttwarp may just be something exclusive to Dardeus. Going to another field with Dardeus produces the same error.

Oh, another thing. The Warp Record only keeps track of the last 20 fields/dungeons you've been to period; if you'll recall, IMOQ kept seperate records between servers. If you haven't been to Mac Anu's fields and dungeons in a long time, go there now and you'll see that your Warp Record is gone. If you're thinking "well, duh!", I'm saying this because I just made the mental connection. >_>
3 edge

Post by 3 edge »

not sure if this was said sry if did
When your talking to ovan int the cathedral, he says epitaphs call to aida and vise versa, when he finshied talking, I can still see his mouth moving fast
Glitch?
Reive

Post by Reive »

3 edge wrote:not sure if this was said sry if did
When your talking to ovan int the cathedral, he says epitaphs call to aida and vise versa, when he finshied talking, I can still see his mouth moving fast
Glitch?
No, Dub miss-match.
In case you didn't know the character's mouths are moving to the original Japanese voices, the english dubbers have to fit their lines within the original mouth movements, the problem here was that the japanese version of that line had longer words(longer words not a longer phrase) and they couldn't add any extra words to that line or it wouldn't be correct, so they just let Ovan continue his mouth movements after it was said:p
SpoilsbryTostBoy

Post by SpoilsbryTostBoy »

I was looking for chaotic PKers in one of those blue tower dealies, and after I killed him, I went down that curved path to get to a warp point. While going down one of them, boulders started coming down, and I had to out run them, Indiana Jones style (i have 3 of those 10% speed things)
But the boulders aren't supposed to come back.

So yeah. That's was odd.
Velyoukai

Post by Velyoukai »

Not sure if its been said yet, but if you get Endrance to run, then stop abruptly, you'll see his (Awesome) hair cut through his neck.

I hereby support HaseoxEndrance.
Reive

Post by Reive »

Well, I don't think any character, in history, ever had collision detection on their hair:p

If you want another stupid technical fault like that instead of holding the analog stick to move, repeatedlly press up and let go of it, you should end up moving while the animation form moving screws up, tons of games have that problem...
SpoilsbryTostBoy

If you save a blademaster (I still call them that, shuddup) his will be on top of his had, rather than in it.
Velyoukai

Post by Velyoukai »

Another one is when you have Endrance in your party, and you approach him, the text in his speech bubble seems to be missing something.

What he says, "Haseo...I feel destiny" Then skips down a bar to, "you to me."

Is a word supposed to be there? Like brought or delivered? Or is it just my game?
Xth_Haseo-kun

Post by Xth_Haseo-kun »

not sure if anyone knows this but if your in a cave dungeon when your heading down to the next floor and you make a sharp u turn your characters will just stand there doing nothing when you press and hold L1 they will just run around like maniacs
iuliathe3rd
Nerd Muffin
Nerd Muffin

Post by iuliathe3rd »

Master ZED wrote:
Espo wrote:oh and for the bike hack, is someone going to upload a vid?
Well, I did say I would...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkSOYwllvzo

I just uploaded it, so give it a few minutes.
WOW. That is awesome! Wish I had known about that when I was trying to complete that course (I finished it all ready; 9"23 baby! v^.^).

Unfortunately, I don't have any of my own glitches to share. That Eternal Mushroom glitch is funny though. lol
SpoilsbryTostBoy

When you save a chick blade master (like Senion) with a short skirt, while it's doing the whole weapon-put-away part, you can see up their skirts while in battle stance.

(Not exactly a glitch, I know, but pretty neat :wink: )
Xth_Haseo-kun

Post by Xth_Haseo-kun »

when you hit a lucky animal with a bike and you start a battle at the same time you will be like fighting with it talking when the battle ends you get what the lucky animal is suppose to give you and his name gets stuck on the lower left side of your screen until you warp back to town

found this by luck dumb lucky animal running in front of bikes
Zyxith

Post by Zyxith »

#1: The shadowless dog quest glicthed for me a few times.

I'd defeat the 3 dogs easily as I was over leveled, one ran away and you were suppose to chase it. When the cut scene ends, the dog is right behind you and if you kill it nothing happens. After that any battle you win is followed by that 1-2 second black screen that normally happens when loading a cutscene but the game goes on normally after that.

Only way I beat it was, when I had to chase and find the dog which was right behind me, I went around the whole field and killed a few monsters, then I located the dog and went through the quest normally.

#2: Another glitch, if you talk to the Emperio Clerk in Dol Dona it does nothing, no matter how much you click the "Talk" option, nothing happens. This also happened with another Clerk first found in Mac Anu but I forget which.

#3: Not sure if this counts as a glitch or if it's something else but even when I get a player to max affection [Pink cilcle] I don't end up getting E-mail. What I mean is I'd have Saku at max affection for a long time and then during the time I play with her in my party, she suddenly sends a mail. It's as if it was a very delayed reaction.
shadowstalker

Post by shadowstalker »

If you go into raven and run while pressing either circle or square i forgot, it looks like haseo is gliding on one leg and running on the other.
ophiophilia

Post by ophiophilia »

Master ZED wrote:Here's another one. When you go through the door into Mac Anu or Dol Dona, you can't change your party members' equipment because they're busy entering town (hence the error message "action in progress"), right? Well, the same applies to within the @HOME, only if they aren't a Canard member, they never show up. As such, you can never change that person's equipment in the @HOME, you have to go back to town to do it. Endrance and Antares are my examples here.

I don't know if it's supposed to be impossible to swap equipment of non-guild members from the @HOME or if it's the action in progress message that's the real problem here (clearly they aren't doing anything, they just aren't there). Does anyone know if this inability was intentional or not? The error's wrong either way, I'm just wondering if the disabling of other characters' equipment menus was part of the plan. I highly suspect it wasn't.

EDIT: Definitely a bug. Try changing members while you're in the @HOME; you can change their equipment, but you can't change the equipment of the non-Canard member already with you.
I'm not sure if I'm misreading your post or not, but when I'm in Dol Dona (I haven't been to Mac Anu in a while, so I don't know if it works the same there), the only place I can change my party members' equipment is in the Warp Gate area. Whether they're Canard members or not doesn't seem to matter either, as I also can't change Silabus' equipment.
Velyoukai wrote:Another one is when you have Endrance in your party, and you approach him, the text in his speech bubble seems to be missing something.

What he says, "Haseo...I feel destiny" Then skips down a bar to, "you to me."

Is a word supposed to be there? Like brought or delivered? Or is it just my game?
Nope, happens to me too. I can almost understand screwing up minor NPC character dialog, but that they screwed up a major character's is just plain disappointing. But what can you do?
Xth_Haseo-kun wrote:not sure if anyone knows this but if your in a cave dungeon when your heading down to the next floor and you make a sharp u turn your characters will just stand there doing nothing when you press and hold L1 they will just run around like maniacs
When I do that, they run way back the way I came from, and then when I press L1 again they'll run back, around the turn they got caught on and down to me. I just can't seem to escape them no matter what I do. XD;
Zyxith wrote:#2: Another glitch, if you talk to the Emperio Clerk in Dol Dona it does nothing, no matter how much you click the "Talk" option, nothing happens. This also happened with another Clerk first found in Mac Anu but I forget which.
Happens with the Trifle Clerk in Dol Dona, too.
ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari »

I noticed some of these too. The others....nice work guys!
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

The glitch on the bike missions worked perfectly XD
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

I'd like one thread for all new glitches, so I suppose I should bump this...

This one has to do with the Arena; if you Charm your enemies, take care that they don't counter each other, because YOUR Morale will suffer for it! I'd go into more detail, but that's all there is to it. :\

There is another bug I didn't find that I read about on G'FAQs as well. Don't make Atoli cast Rig Geam through the menu during an Arena battle, as it will crash the game. She can cast it by herself just fine, just don't make her use it. This may or may not apply to other status spells, I haven't tried nor have I heard anything further on the subject (make no mistake, I did try Rig Geam and got the crash).
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

Soryr if someone said htis, i havent been reading every post.

I noticed in some cut scenes, haseo and his party are in the position they are in when they fight. They look like they are holding there weapons, but there are no weapons there. Is this a mistake? Or where they too lazy to put the weapon there?
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

mr.classybear wrote:Soryr if someone said htis, i havent been reading every post.

I noticed in some cut scenes, haseo and his party are in the position they are in when they fight. They look like they are holding there weapons, but there are no weapons there. Is this a mistake? Or where they too lazy to put the weapon there?
Battle stance.
They were just to lazy to do anything except for place the characters in the default battle position during tense moments.