The "I beat Volume 2!" thread

jowyz

Post by jowyz »

U mean a movie with the song 'The Whereabouts of Truth'?
DataDrainZ

Post by DataDrainZ »

yeah the one with that song, is it one of the movies you unlock in Vol.2 ?
jowyz

Post by jowyz »

Im not sure, i dont have vol.2 yet so u may want to refer to the others.
Spartan0021

Post by Spartan0021 »

Uh just finished it. Hate the cliffhanger part of the ending cut scene. Loved the ending cut scene. Over leveled to 100 too. Currently beating the **** out of every aspect of this game i can find.
Exotahu

Post by Exotahu »

I beat it. I tried fighting  Ovan at level 85. That didn't work too well so I level'd to 90, got Pai and Atoli's lost weapons and tired again. Worked wonderfully.

Now to finish all the extra stuff, lost weapons and such.

I think I have about 21 Hrs.
Ark Reuben

Post by Ark Reuben »

Lets see...I beat the game at lvl 94 with Atoli and Pi around 92-93.
To answer your question about Ovan, he was actually easy, I mean the only difference is how much attack power you have. I would've beaten him like 4 or so lvls down but he got me with his Tri-Edge god mode attack that it killed me in 1 hit, then he was able to take down the rest.

And yeah, his fight is really, really, simple, only Oswald got me with that stupid web it has.

About One Sin, there wasn't much about the light or dark thing I could see, I mean you use physical attacks anyway and Divine Awakening's Plasma version doesn't work on him after his armor is down, oh btw if you haven't beaten God Eater, use Divine Awakening only when his armor is on, never even hurt him after it was off, and its a sure 1-hit armor remover.

Btw, I think the hardest book to finish is the Bike one, since I rarely use it and its my lowest rank, Items and Monsters, and the Arena with some work, are the only things left for me. I also beat Doppleganger twice, with the help of Sleipnir's half-damage thing, cause of those bloody heals from those weapons. But anyway my lvl was around the 50's then after I got the 3rd form.
haseo2823

Post by haseo2823 »

does anybody know how to unlock the vol 3 preview in the desktop
Pyrosphere

Post by Pyrosphere »

Is it just me or did anybody else think that Sakubo's Epitaph (Gorre) was plain strange? lmao

I was laughing most of the time rather than concentrating on fighting lolol
The White Blade

Post by The White Blade »

Clocked time for the Vol.2 Clear: 22:15:09
Level 90.
Pain in the NECK. I haet Ovan's neighbors, they're gay.
The White Blade

Arkeband wrote:Now to just beat the Return of the One Sin, get all my characters to 100, and somehow level up my guild to level 6. ;_; It takes soooo many battles to complete the #1 in Book of 1000.
Really? That was the second book I maxed out. o_.
Dot Hack Crono

Post by Dot Hack Crono »

I beat G.U. Vol 2 last night 45 hours which was 10 hours longer then it took me to beat vol 1 Haseo Lv 90, Endrance Lv 85, Atoli Lv88. Also beat One Sin which was pathetic though the God Eater isn't as pathetic, it can do some massive damage so probably gonna level up for a bit.
Mystic Tiger

Post by Mystic Tiger »

I maxed out all books, did every quest, got all my Ryu books to Rank 6, unlocked my entire desktop, Killed the God Eater, and finished the game (all but finding a few items, bike parts, and monsters) in 41:42:43 (Don't really know how I got my time to look like it is counting up, lol).
The White Blade

Mystic Tiger wrote:I maxed out all books, did every quest, got all my Ryu books to Rank 6, unlocked my entire desktop, Killed the God Eater, and finished the game (all but finding a few items, bike parts, and monsters) in 41:42:43 (Don't really know how I got my time to look like it is counting up, lol).
I think I'm about to scream.
Mystic Tiger

Post by Mystic Tiger »

The White Blade wrote:
Mystic Tiger wrote:I maxed out all books, did every quest, got all my Ryu books to Rank 6, unlocked my entire desktop, Killed the God Eater, and finished the game (all but finding a few items, bike parts, and monsters) in 41:42:43 (Don't really know how I got my time to look like it is counting up, lol).
I think I'm about to scream.
lol, why scream?
Nukasa
Official Forum Troll

Post by Nukasa »

Exotahu wrote:I beat it. I tried fighting  Ovan at level 85. That didn't work too well so I level'd to 90, got Pai and Atoli's lost weapons and tired again. Worked wonderfully.

Now to finish all the extra stuff, lost weapons and such.

I think I have about 21 Hrs.
I managed to do it with Haseo at level 87, the rest of my party at...I think it was 82-85? I had Endrance and Atoli with me, I stocked up on 50 of every healing item I could find, and also gave them to Atoli and Endrance, put Endrance on Free-Will and Atoli on Life. That was a really fun battle, but I can't stand Ovan's swing-you-around-with-his-AIDA-arm attack, it 1-hit kills me pretty much. But yeah, it was fun, even beat God Eater at level 97, which was just The One Sin with twice the hp. ><

It was weird because I tried to take him down at level 90, and his fire attack 2-shotted both my party members and about 3 or 4-shotted me, but when I grinded about 3 dungeons and came back he was easy and his fire attacks only dealt about 90 damage. =/
kite444

Post by kite444 »

yeah i guess im the next one i beat reminisce today but yeah creepy when atoli and haseo in the cathedral then ovan right next to you then the credits again
magus841

Post by magus841 »

I just beat in about 23 hours. Played all day >.> Everyone above level 90.
I tried to do it at 81ish and that didn't work to well. lol

I was a little disappointed with the the fight with the last avatar battle. I probably wouldn't have remember had I not gone to the Serpent of Lore, but I noticed the last fight was almost exactly like the battle with the Azure Flame God.  Corbenik's attacks almost matched the Azure Flame God's. The only original thing I saw was that send out AIDA things to kill me thing. Anyone else pick up on this?

I dunno.. It felt like it was missing something. A little more repetitive than the last game. Anyone else feel this way?
DeusGear

Post by DeusGear »

Beat it at 84 (anyone know where I can find the true sin quest to get the best armor)?
The*true*Terror Of Death

Post by The*true*Terror Of Death »

Lysergic wrote:I beat it, 100 hours and level 96
nice lysergic... very nice.

Everyone become strong, for ovans and his cheese sandwhiches sake.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

>magus842
Yeah, I did notice the   Corbenik fight was like the AFG fight. But I think it was easier... Now that you could   slash shots to destroy them and guard yourself.

>DeusGear
I beat it, but I leveled up to 100 early so I could get all the  Adlers key weapons easy, all but the fan of course.

It took me 31 hours and 57 minutes to beat the game at level 100. I'm glad it took me so long, I hate beating games like a rocket.

BUT!   They kinda backed you into a corner at the ned of the game didnt they?! I mean, you think its the end then you go to Atoli and guess what! Ovan's got ya by the balls, ready to run ya through with his gun's blade! How the H3LL are we gonna get outa this one
Last edited by Erranty on Mon May 14, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.