//REMINISCE Codes thread

BladeSongX

Re: //REMINISCE Codes thread

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote:I know this is wishful thinking, but because party members can "kick" chim chims in Remininsce, does that mean that the your character will not freeze(As in whoever to replaced Haseo with with the Character Mod.) when you try to open a chest?
It might freeze when you try to kick the chest. You might be able to use the bike to open chest even though there isnt an animation for the char ur modding on the bike itself but i think it still works. Why not just give that a try and see what happens but make sure you make a back up save file anyway before you use the character mod code.
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

I'm playing Rebirth right now, but i'll try it out once i'm done. Unfortunetly, the game freezes when you try to use the bike with a different char on it, and i'm not so sure that they fixed that in the second one. Man, why couldn't they just let us choose who we play as?

EDIT: I just searched the rebirth codes thread. Someone said that with the character mod in vol.2, they could kick chests and barrels. If that's true then once I finish all the quest post-game in vol. 2( I heard it freezes without haseo.) I can play as Alkaid until I get sick of her. I'm doing a short run with her now, and dang, theb attles are much tougher without the use of broadswords.
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote:I'm playing Rebirth right now, but i'll try it out once i'm done. Unfortunetly, the game freezes when you try to use the bike with a different char on it, and i'm not so sure that they fixed that in the second one. Man, why couldn't they just let us choose who we play as?

EDIT: I just searched the rebirth codes thread. Someone said that with the character mod in vol.2, they could kick chests and barrels. If that's true then once I finish all the quest post-game in vol. 2( I heard it freezes without haseo.) I can play as Alkaid until I get sick of her. I'm doing a short run with her now, and dang, theb attles are much tougher without the use of broadswords.
I agree with you about them not allowing us to choose who we want to play as, im sure they had their reasons lol! If your havin trouble playing as Alkaid, why dont you try modding her equipment or maybe even her stats. Unless your going for a challenge then dont alter anything just keep lvling her up in weaker areas lol. Either way good luck man.
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

"BladeSongX"

I agree with you about them not allowing us to choose who we want to play as, im sure they had their reasons lol! If your havin trouble playing as Alkaid, why dont you try modding her equipment or maybe even her stats. Unless your going for a challenge then dont alter anything just keep lvling her up in weaker areas lol. Either way good luck man.
Thanks. I tried to talk to the mecha grunty in the field, and lo and behold, frozen. I didn't even save, so i'll just have to forget about it till Reminisce. I have a theory though, if I used the party member mod along with the character mod(As in making Haseo a party member.) Would I be abl to do the quests? Because Haseo Is still in the party... Also, because I won't be done with rebirth soon(Not using any other cheats except character mod and party member mod.) can someone try the character mod on vol. 2 to validate that the char won't freeze when they kick chests/ kicks chim chim/ kicks lucky animals or talk to mecha grunty?
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote:
"BladeSongX"

Thanks. I tried to talk to the mecha grunty in the field, and lo and behold, frozen. I didn't even save, so i'll just have to forget about it till Reminisce. I have a theory though, if I used the party member mod along with the character mod(As in making Haseo a party member.) Would I be abl to do the quests? Because Haseo Is still in the party... Also, because I won't be done with rebirth soon(Not using any other cheats except character mod and party member mod.) can someone try the character mod on vol. 2 to validate that the char won't freeze when they kick chests/ kicks chim chim/ kicks lucky animals or talk to mecha grunty?
Well to be honest i havent really used my codebreaker on vol.1 at all but i have dabbled a bit with it on vol.2 as i reverted haseo back to his 2nd form (my personal fav) and the game works fine with him but thats should be a given. I'll get on it right now and see what happens when i mod the character to someone else and then i'll go about kickin the chests and etc. I'll get back to you when i see the results...
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Alright just tried it out, didnt take too long to figure that one out. I used the char.mod to change haseo to sophora and did a little trial in error for ya. Pretty much everything works. I rode the bike, kicked the chests and chims and it worked fine. I spoke to mecha grunty with no problem ( pretty funny hearing haseos voice while seeing sophora's dialogue box). U can enter battle areas although the you can start attacking before the event even triggers. you can get adler keys fine and finally nothing bad happens when i kicked the lucky animal so you should be fine. Its nothing serious and you probably already know there are no animations for any of these actions you may partake in while playing as another character. Its pretty funny to ride the with a modded character too i get a kick out of it. hehe. hope that helped man. :)
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

BladeSongX wrote:Alright just tried it out, didnt take too long to figure that one out. I used the char.mod to change haseo to sophora and did a little trial in error for ya. Pretty much everything works. I rode the bike, kicked the chests and chims and it worked fine. I spoke to mecha grunty with no problem ( pretty funny hearing haseos voice while seeing sophora's dialogue box). U can enter battle areas although the you can start attacking before the event even triggers. you can get adler keys fine and finally nothing bad happens when i kicked the lucky animal so you should be fine. Its nothing serious and you probably already know there are no animations for any of these actions you may partake in while playing as another character. Its pretty funny to ride the with a modded character too i get a kick out of it. hehe. hope that helped man. :)

Oh awesome! Thanks! :D When you used the bike, was it just Sophora standing there while moving with the bike sounds?
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Yeah, i dont think any other npc's have models or animations for riding the bike so they all just kinda stand there, morphed into the bike. Its funny but at least it works and wont crash on you as far as i know. :D
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

BladeSongX wrote:Yeah, i dont think any other npc's have models or animations for riding the bike so they all just kinda stand there, morphed into the bike. Its funny but at least it works and wont crash on you as far as i know. :D

Move aside Haseo! Let a true twin blade take the spotlight for a little bit! So there is no freezing no matter what you do? Except the quests(Unless my theory is correct.) or arena battles? What about divine Awakening? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure before I really attempt to do this.

Actually, i'm kinda worried that when i convert the codes into gameshark format, it will still freeze...Dammit, I wish those Wal-Marts/gamestops had codebreaker...
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote:
Move aside Haseo! Let a true twin blade take the spotlight for a little bit! So there is no freezing no matter what you do? Except the quests(Unless my theory is correct.) or arena battles? What about divine Awakening? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure before I really attempt to do this.

Actually, i'm kinda worried that when i convert the codes into gameshark format, it will still freeze...Dammit, I wish those Wal-Marts/gamestops had codebreaker...[/quote]

im not too sure about using awakenings, my guess is that they'll crash if haseo isnt part of your made up team but i could be wrong. Arena battles should work fine but the drawback is that it usually crashes after you exit out of the arena well at least that happens to me in redemption (vol.3). All in all it still adds a degree of replay value to the game itself once you have beaten it really. Most things will work when using an alternate npc besides haseo. i would be lying if i said it always works flawlessly. There are times when im playing and the game will crash for no apparent reason, could be cause my characters are totally hacked or it could be the mod code itself. Thats why i recommend you make multiple save files so you have backups and such.

What kind of code device are you using? if gameshark what version are u using cause if ur worried about it freezing i dont think theres a problem with that as long as you put the right code in and converted correctly. I converted some of the codes from redemption to reminisce and it worked fine for me but then again i just recently got a codebreaker online.
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

im not too sure about using awakenings, my guess is that they'll crash if haseo isnt part of your made up team but i could be wrong. Arena battles should work fine but the drawback is that it usually crashes after you exit out of the arena well at least that happens to me in redemption (vol.3). All in all it still adds a degree of replay value to the game itself once you have beaten it really. Most things will work when using an alternate npc besides haseo. i would be lying if i said it always works flawlessly. There are times when im playing and the game will crash for no apparent reason, could be cause my characters are totally hacked or it could be the mod code itself. Thats why i recommend you make multiple save files so you have backups and such.

What kind of code device are you using? if gameshark what version are u using cause if ur worried about it freezing i dont think theres a problem with that as long as you put the right code in and converted correctly. I converted some of the codes from redemption to reminisce and it worked fine for me but then again i just recently got a codebreaker online.
Oh well, Divine Awakening might look cool, but the game shouldn't freeze with beast awakening or demon awakening. I'm not sure if i'll use the character mod in Redemption though. At least I learned how to convert the codes.
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Why not use the character mod in redemption though? I've looked through the codes thread and it seems like there are a lot more codes posted for redemption then there are in reminisce or rebirth. Most characters in redemption work pretty well with the exception of a particular few but there are fixes that master zed figured out to allow u to use certain characters like sakaki and sophora. I found it kind of fun using Iyoten even though he's relatively weak when u first get him but you can fix that with most codes they have on the boards. The only problem i have right now is that i cant change his equipment except for his weapon but im sure i can fix that too. you should try some of the codes at least once to see how it goes for ya. :)
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

BladeSongX wrote:Why not use the character mod in redemption though? I've looked through the codes thread and it seems like there are a lot more codes posted for redemption then there are in reminisce or rebirth. Most characters in redemption work pretty well with the exception of a particular few but there are fixes that master zed figured out to allow u to use certain characters like sakaki and sophora. I found it kind of fun using Iyoten even though he's relatively weak when u first get him but you can fix that with most codes they have on the boards. The only problem i have right now is that i cant change his equipment except for his weapon but im sure i can fix that too. you should try some of the codes at least once to see how it goes for ya. :)

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to use the R1 thing unless it was Haseo, but screw it. Maybe I try Kaede.
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

BladeSongX wrote:The only problem i have right now is that i cant change his equipment except for his weapon but im sure i can fix that too.
If you're using IYOTEN or any other character yourself, the quickest fix would be to revert Haseo to 2nd or 1st form so your party leader's equipment menu goes back to normal. This is one of the instances where a check on the party leader is hardcoded to Haseo, despite other characters having 2nd and 3rd forms.

If you're curious, Sophora is the one in 3rd form; having the Multi-Trigger grants her access to her Cleric spells without her staff, which is very likely why she wasn't given staff-wielding capability and her Warning Chord was left unfinished. IOW, the only difference between a three-class Rogue and a two-class is that the second Job Extension doesn't give the latter a new job.
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Master ZED wrote: If you're using IYOTEN or any other character yourself, the quickest fix would be to revert Haseo to 2nd or 1st form so your party leader's equipment menu goes back to normal. This is one of the instances where a check on the party leader is hardcoded to Haseo, despite other characters having 2nd and 3rd forms.

If you're curious, Sophora is the one in 3rd form; having the Multi-Trigger grants her access to her Cleric spells without her staff, which is very likely why she wasn't given staff-wielding capability and her Warning Chord was left unfinished. IOW, the only difference between a three-class Rogue and a two-class is that the second Job Extension doesn't give the latter a new job.
Come to think of it I only used the character mod to use Iyoten. I dont think it even dawned on me to change back to 1st or 2nd form. Thanks for reminding me, I remember reading somewhere in the threads about that too (im sure it was one of your posts). Im definitely going to do that right now and see what happens. So Sophora was an Adept-Rogue? I wasnt even aware of that either. Thats really interesting. So does that mean that her unfinished weapon(warning chord), is amongst the weapon digits that you and skiller posted in your guide/faqs/etc..? Does it also have a unique model or animation or does it share the same image as one of the other staves? :shock:
Master ZED

Post by Master ZED »

BladeSongX wrote:So Sophora was an Adept-Rogue? I wasnt even aware of that either. Thats really interesting.
The truly interesting part is that most people don't think 2-class 3rd form Rogues exist, and admittedly, it didn't occur to me either until I saw her form in the data recently. You'd think two classes means only one Job Extension, but the Multi-Trigger, as Matsu proves, must still be earned. :\
BladeSongX wrote:So does that mean that her unfinished weapon(warning chord), is amongst the weapon digits that you and skiller posted in your guide/faqs/etc..? Does it also have a unique model or animation or does it share the same image as one of the other staves? :shock:
The Spell Warning Chord is in the data, but it's just a Spell Xialin clone (in fact, all of the empty/dummied staff slots are Xialin clones). Here are its stats:

Level : 71
GP : 13200
Rarity : 1
Type : None
Slots : 3
Effects: Paralysis Attack
Stats : +10 P-ATK, +9 M-ATK, +8 all elements

It is the only non-Rarity: *5 weapon to have an effect in its data, which wouldn't have been the case had it been completed.
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

And the thread slowly doesn't make sense to me. Helba would be proud. Anyway, I need to revert Haseo back to his 2nd form in order to change Alkaid's(Or any other character.) Armor/acc?

Sorry if this is a repeat, I thought I typed it before, but it didn't show up.
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote:And the thread slowly doesn't make sense to me. Helba would be proud. Anyway, I need to revert Haseo back to his 2nd form in order to change Alkaid's(Or any other character.) Armor/acc?

Yeah it seems that would be the best thing to do as to best minimize the game crashing on you. When i used the model code on reminisce (converted the redemption codes ZED posted) to make 3rd form haseo revert back to his second form i also needed to use the form code to revert back to his 2nd form from his third form in order for it to work.
Sanha_Trio

Post by Sanha_Trio »

BladeSongX wrote:
Sanha_Trio wrote:And the thread slowly doesn't make sense to me. Helba would be proud. Anyway, I need to revert Haseo back to his 2nd form in order to change Alkaid's(Or any other character.) Armor/acc?

Yeah it seems that would be the best thing to do as to best minimize the game crashing on you. When i used the model code on reminisce (converted the redemption codes ZED posted) to make 3rd form haseo revert back to his second form i also needed to use the form code to revert back to his 2nd form from his third form in order for it to work.
SO both codes are in the respective codes threads, right?
BladeSongX

Post by BladeSongX »

Sanha_Trio wrote: SO both codes are in the respective codes threads, right?
Well yes, you have the character modifier code for reminisce so you can use npc's like kuhn and alkaid. Then in the redemption thread you have the form modifier to change haseos form which u can convert to reminisce but yes you'll find all the codes you need between the threads so you should have no problem doin what you want to do.