A strong weapon for Haseo in the beginning of Reminisce?

Haseo364

A strong weapon for Haseo in the beginning of Reminisce?

Post by Haseo364 »

I am more than certain this has been inquired of before (unbeknownst to me of course). I am aware of the significance of the “Own King”. I wanted verification on an amazingly strong weapon available in the beginning of Reminisce (after acquiring the “Own King”). Is it feasible to defeat the Doppleganger (again) in the beginning of the game and get this weapon? Somewhere along I heard it was a lvl 50 weapon, but has the stats of a lvl 100 weapon. Is this true? If so, would it make the game somewhat…….easier than expected? Thanks.
TsukasaElkKite

Re: A strong weapon for Haseo in the beginning of Reminisce?

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

Haseo364 wrote:I am more than certain this has been inquired of before (unbeknownst to me of course). I am aware of the significance of the “Own King”. I wanted verification on an amazingly strong weapon available in the beginning of Reminisce (after acquiring the “Own King”). Is it feasible to defeat the Doppleganger (again) in the beginning of the game and get this weapon? Somewhere along I heard it was a lvl 50 weapon, but has the stats of a lvl 100 weapon. Is this true? If so, would it make the game somewhat…….easier than expected? Thanks.
It's true.

I myself am planning to defeat Doppel, but save the weapons until the end of the game when I fight the last boss.
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Doppel get's stronger every volume in terms of abilities and stats and stuff. He won't go down as easily as the end of the Vol.1 as soon as you start the game. So thinking "I'll just Beast Awakening him and he'll die" isn't gonna work this time.
Haseo364

Post by Haseo364 »

How did he become so powerful? Good lord! I was under the assumption that I was going through the same fight. Is he still 8 levels higher than you?
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Yeah and his defense is alot better I think. I don't really know specifics about the Vol.2 version but several people tried to take him on at the begining and got wasted by him. In Vol.3 he's apparantly a nightmare(he converts physical damage to SP damage until his bar is drained)
Red Frost

Post by Red Frost »

Yeah and his defense is alot better I think. I don't really know specifics about the Vol.2 version but several people tried to take him on at the begining and got wasted by him. In Vol.3 he's apparantly a nightmare(he converts physical damage to SP damage until his bar is drained)
Oh dear god... I still haven't beaten him in Vol. 1! Well, I guess I haven't tried...

Oh, about the weapons... I think I'd never use them in any storyline playing, because I want the game to last long, and be challenging. The weapons would probably make the game feel cheap, or whatever. Well, maybe I'd see how easy it is to fight bosses with them, but not save that progress.
Kiru

Post by Kiru »

lol, doppel was fun in vol. 3

"Teehe, you can't hurt me.."

Me: "I WILL KILL YOUR PARROT."
Doppie (YES. DOPPIE. WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?): N-not blindy.. I surrender! *Suicides*
An0maly

Post by An0maly »

So far for all 3 volumes I find Dopple easier when you are at max level even when he is still 8 levels higher than you. Just use the first initial awakening you have, and then spam your skills. Not the awakening that forces you to tap O to do damage, its the other one. I forgot which awakening is Beast, and which is Demon.
Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba »

I'd recommend waiting until you hit the max level in each volume to fight doppelganger, but if this helps, here's his weapons:

Menacing Invasion
Dual Sword
Hold & Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
Confusion Attack
HP Drain

Menacing Shadow
Broadsword
Hold and Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
Charm Attack
SP Drain

Menacing Zero
Scythe
Hold and Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
HP Drain
SP Drain

DG-0 (available in Vol.3)
Dual Gun
Hold and Release
Lv. 101
Rarity 5
TsukasaElkKite

Post by TsukasaElkKite »

Kiru wrote:lol, doppel was fun in vol. 3

"Teehe, you can't hurt me.."

Me: "I WILL KILL YOUR PARROT."
Doppie (YES. DOPPIE. WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?): N-not blindy.. I surrender! *Suicides*
LOLOLOLOLOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: *rolls on floor, laughing*
Haseo364

Post by Haseo364 »

Well, I guess that's a bummer. Thanks for the comments guys. Now I know what I am up against. It never crossed my mind that he would become so difficult. At anyrate, I will try at the beginning
(with no real intention of winning of course,lol).
Spottednoble

Post by Spottednoble »

Well, I guess maybe practice and skill might help too? Also getting a Lucky Animal + Medic Guild Buffs? That's how I planned on defeating him early in the game. : /
BadRPiggy

Post by BadRPiggy »

An0maly wrote:So far for all 3 volumes I find Dopple easier when you are at max level even when he is still 8 levels higher than you. Just use the first initial awakening you have, and then spam your skills. Not the awakening that forces you to tap O to do damage, its the other one. I forgot which awakening is Beast, and which is Demon.
If you are at the level cap then your doppel cannot be 8 levels higher. So that would explain why you found it easy.
mr.classybear

Post by mr.classybear »

im gunna play vol1 for abit, get better then when vol2 is here, dopple should be easy.
Azure Knight
The Sasquatch King
The Sasquatch King

Post by Azure Knight »

BadRPiggy wrote:
An0maly wrote:So far for all 3 volumes I find Dopple easier when you are at max level even when he is still 8 levels higher than you. Just use the first initial awakening you have, and then spam your skills. Not the awakening that forces you to tap O to do damage, its the other one. I forgot which awakening is Beast, and which is Demon.
If you are at the level cap then your doppel cannot be 8 levels higher. So that would explain why you found it easy.
If your at lvl. 50, Dopple will be lvl 58.
An0maly

Post by An0maly »

BadRPiggy wrote:
o.O I thought Doppleganger can exceed the the level cap?
Seto Kaiba wrote:I'd recommend waiting until you hit the max level in each volume to fight doppelganger, but if this helps, here's his weapons:

Menacing Invasion
Dual Sword
Hold & Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
Confusion Attack
HP Drain

Menacing Shadow
Broadsword
Hold and Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
Charm Attack
SP Drain

Menacing Zero
Scythe
Hold and Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
HP Drain
SP Drain

Dual Gun
Hold and Release
Lv. 101
Rarity 5
Those are the weapon dropped by him. The weapon he takes has the same effects of your weapon (ATK, Element etc) but not those of the weapons in his drop list. Unless, of course, you are taking the weapons he dropped. FYI, he can also use your dual guns in vol 3 =P[/code]
FlickerHaseo

Post by FlickerHaseo »

]Yeah and his defense is alot better I think. I don't really know specifics about the Vol.2 version but several people tried to take him on at the begining and got wasted by him. In Vol.3 he's apparantly a nightmare(he converts physical damage to SP damage until his bar is drained)
HELL YEAH!

Oh, and you can always do a Scythe's Aerial Skill, then, pull off an Awakening (Electric Scythe, 2K DAMAGE TAKEN BABY!)
AND PWNED! You get teh Menacing Shadow or w/e in like 30 secs! =)))

I saw a video of the Volume 3 Doppelganger(?!?!) Yeah, he pwns so much, that the guy got a 999-hit-combo on him!
Clockwerk

Post by Clockwerk »

Are you sure the fact that Doppelganger gets stronger in vol.2 is an actual fact, or just a rumour?
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

Dopple always gets strong...and to get the Dopple weapons in Volume 2,you need to get Own King in volume 1.
Seto Kaiba

Post by Seto Kaiba »

An0maly wrote:
BadRPiggy wrote:
o.O I thought Doppleganger can exceed the the level cap?
Seto Kaiba wrote:I'd recommend waiting until you hit the max level in each volume to fight doppelganger, but if this helps, here's his weapons:

Menacing Invasion
Dual Sword
Hold & Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
Confusion Attack
HP Drain

Menacing Shadow
Broadsword
Hold and Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
Charm Attack
SP Drain

Menacing Zero
Scythe
Hold and Release
Lv. 51
Rarity 5
HP Drain
SP Drain

Dual Gun
Hold and Release
Lv. 101
Rarity 5
Those are the weapon dropped by him. The weapon he takes has the same effects of your weapon (ATK, Element etc) but not those of the weapons in his drop list. Unless, of course, you are taking the weapons he dropped. FYI, he can also use your dual guns in vol 3 =P[/code]
Pay attention next time you fight him and check .hack//Wiki, Doppelganger uses the Menacing Clash series of weapons, which are the 4 weapons above.