A strong weapon for Haseo in the beginning of Reminisce?

Maaku

Post by Maaku »

I was at level 50. o-o;
I saw him start to glow with those red lines aiming for Pi so I used Bonecrusher on him.
But even as I was hitting him with it, he was still going on hitting Pi shouting "Twin Moons!" in a really deep, demented kind of way.
He wouldn't stop.
FlickerHaseo

Post by FlickerHaseo »

Veghesther wrote:yes doppleganger is always +8 LV's higher then Haseo so it could still be at LV 108 even though the max LV is only LV 100 in vol. 2.

Yeah... But the weaps stay level 50-51, with level 100-108-whatever stats.
Animango
Location: Iowa. And yes, it IS part of America; and no, it is NOT part of Canada.

Post by Animango »

so the weapon that you get from dopple - do you not get it until vol. 2? Cause I don't remember getting a weapon...
Gundam_Alchemist

Post by Gundam_Alchemist »

No you just get the Own King item that lets you get the Dopple weapons in Vol. 2
.hack//J.P.

Post by .hack//J.P. »

So it's probably best to be at Level 50 before you fight him, or it doesn't matter since he's always 8 levels stronger than you?

He kicked my ass twice(I'm at level 45). Of course, I did have Silabus and Gaspard. I'll try Pi, Kuhn, and/or Piros.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

My recommendation/what I did:
Go to a field that's around your level, say, 45--50.
Take out every mob of monsters and save your Beast Awakening.
Grab a book or a handheld game or listen to music or something for ten minutes. When ten minutes is up, go wander around the field until you find him.

I had both Kuhn and Pi on Rage, but I shifted the one with the most health to Life if our HP dropped too low. I also had more than enough Health Serums, Sprite Rains, Heal Rains, Sprite Drops, etc. to keep the party going.
Use your Beast Awakening takes out a lot of his HP. I just recommend using Dual Swords because sometimes it's hard for me to charge up my broadsword (the hold and release for Broad Wings) when you're moving so fast in Beast Awakening.
.hack//J.P.

Post by .hack//J.P. »

I've got the Posion Needles from winning Demon Palace. Those good?
johucoba

Post by johucoba »

kinda but i prefer the ripper blades
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

I used the Ripper's Blades that you get from the Bounty Hunter Campaign after you clear the blacklist of Chaotic PKs.
It's a level 45 pair of Dual Swords that have the spinning effect. I think one of the highest level weapons in Vol.1, I'm not sure.

If you haven't already, I'm pretty sure you can start the Bounty Hunter Campaign at the Quest Shop in Mac Anu.
I highly recommend Delta Server Elegant Aster's Berserker.
There's a Battle Area RIGHT THERE near the platform that you Gate Into--you should see it right away. Rush in and find yourself a Chaotic PK. Also, there's a Mecha Grunty lying around nearby too, if you haven't finished the Mecha Grunty campaign, as well as a few trees with chim chims in them.
Reign Of Death

Post by Reign Of Death »

what level is the dopples weapons that you get from own king?
:?:
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

51 but they are actually the most powerful weapons in the game except maybe for the inital form of Haseo's lost weapon (which is slightly weaker but has better magic stats) They get outclassed eventually in Vol.3 though.

As a side note are the weapons only usuable by Haseo? Or can other members use them?
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

Hmm...
I'm not sure, but as far as weapon-to-PC compatibility goes, Alkaid should be able to use the Menacing Invasion (Dual Swords) and Zelkova could use the Menacing Zero (Scythe).

But I don't think you'd give it to him anyway, since I think he comes with a really good scythe anyway when he joins your party.

But I already know that one of the first things I'm going to do in Vol.2 is to go to a field and find Dopple.
Gundam_Alchemist

Yeah i was thinking of going up against the Dopple to see where i stand. And if i beat him i will only use his weapons as a last resort.
evll33t

Post by evll33t »

Gundam_Alchemist wrote:Yeah i was thinking of going up against the Dopple to see where i stand. And if i beat him i will only use his weapons as a last resort.
thats kinda mean
Gundam_Alchemist

Well in Vol 1 some of the battles for the Arena i over level but for the Alkaid battle i didn't bother and i almost got creamed.
Animango
Location: Iowa. And yes, it IS part of America; and no, it is NOT part of Canada.

Post by Animango »

yeah, I don't think I'm going to level up as quickly in vol.2. I leveled up too fast and the arena was a pushover. though dopple did almost kill me once, he was the only big challenge at the end. I was kinda disappointed. -_-,
penpen4

Post by penpen4 »

I am just wondering since none of the people who have played the japanese version have mentioned, is it actually plausable to fight doppleganger at the begining of vol. 2 and win? It seems that most of you waited until the end to fight him, sorry if the question was already answered in a previous topic, I was just wondering if I should try once my game comes in or if it is just a waste of time until later in the game.
Maaku

Post by Maaku »

Actually, I was wondering about that too. I plan on fighting Dopple early on--before the Job Extension, even.
Demon_Skeith

Post by Demon_Skeith »

you will need strong weapons and armor to stand aginst him and Beast Awakening will help
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

People have said that they tried to take him thinking he would go down as easily as the end of Volume 1 and he wiped the floor with them. So I'd say it'd be pretty hard. In Vol.3 he's a beast but I don't exactly know how beastly he is in Vol.2.