About Endrance...

Fragments.beta

Post by Fragments.beta »

Back on topic, its already officially confirmed that  Endrance=Elk. Just in case anyone doesn't have the common sense to deduce that.

So any more counter-arguments are moot.
Tolby

Post by Tolby »

Officially Officially? Where? I want to see.
newtti

Post by newtti »

NONONONONO >___< even if Master Umbra and AT are telling that Haseo is Sora,they're not the same person.....and that's because they can't be t___t it's no right,Haseo is cutier <____< t___t
I
Hate
Bandai t_t
.hack//BICTIOUS

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS »

THe G.U. Perfect Guidebook once again. The .hack timeline saysb that Endrance played The World R:1 and was a close companion of a certain cat-type PC.
|kenji|

Post by |kenji| »

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:THe G.U. Perfect Guidebook once again. The .hack timeline saysb that Endrance played The World R:1 and was a close companion of a certain cat-type PC.
i want this guidebook too ç.ç
Ximenes

Post by Ximenes »

mastergods wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Those are crappy reasons, sorry.

1. Elk has no idea what the hell an AIDA is, and he didn't figure they had a connection to Morganna (which they don't.) Furthermore, he thought the AIDA was Mia herself.

2. It's still Za Warudo, and it doesn't have an ending. Besides, he's so desperate, and it's the only lead he has.
The only time we really saw Elk was when he was with Mia(or when we asked him to join us) and when He played he never showed any enjoment fighting, he just liked to be with Mia.

En enjoyed fighting and did not care who got hurt. Even if Elk logged onto R2 he would not want to hurt others. We saw in the news forum that none of R1 data came out of the fire so Elk would know Mia is gone.
I'm probably going to get whacked upside the head by the gaming gods for trying to apply real world logic to games again, but here goes...

First off, assuming that En is Elk and taking into account Elk's age during the first series of games (12-13) Elk's player, based on his behavior and speech patterns, was more then likely somewhat of an outcast. Unable to truly connect with anyone in real life he tried to find acceptance in other places, thus leading him to The World. Its Psychology 101, this kind of thing happens.

Next you need to take a look at who the only "person" Elk really formed any kind of meaningful bond to was; Mia, a corrupted incarnation of one of the creatures from the Epitaph on which The World was based. Based on the events of the first series, I think that when Mia was destroyed by Kite Elk suffered a kind of psychotic break from reality. Having lost the only "person" he felt any real connection to, his mind blocked out the fact that he knew Mia was gone and convinced itself that she was still out there somewhere. All he had to do was find her.

As for Elk not liking violence and En not caring who he hurt, that can be explained fairly easily. While Elk's mind would have blocked off most of the memories of Mia's destruction, some details would still end up as part of his delusions. So, upon coming to R:2 he would remember that last time he was unable to protect Mia and to him that would probably be the main reason why she left, thus he would want to make sue he'd be able to protect her if he found her again. Again this would be part of his break from reality.

And if all of that has been said already, forgive me for repeating it.
Kiba

Post by Kiba »

TheSorrow wrote:I had to say it because i'm a Master En luv fan! >3
(off topic) you must like Metal gear solid 3 right
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life
Location: Somewhere in the ether, trapped between what is and what could be.

Post by Azure crow »

Ximenes wrote:
mastergods wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Those are crappy reasons, sorry.

1. Elk has no idea what the hell an AIDA is, and he didn't figure they had a connection to Morganna (which they don't.) Furthermore, he thought the AIDA was Mia herself.

2. It's still Za Warudo, and it doesn't have an ending. Besides, he's so desperate, and it's the only lead he has.
The only time we really saw Elk was when he was with Mia(or when we asked him to join us) and when He played he never showed any enjoment fighting, he just liked to be with Mia.

En enjoyed fighting and did not care who got hurt. Even if Elk logged onto R2 he would not want to hurt others. We saw in the news forum that none of R1 data came out of the fire so Elk would know Mia is gone.
I'm probably going to get whacked upside the head by the gaming gods for trying to apply real world logic to games again, but here goes...

First off, assuming that En is Elk and taking into account Elk's age during the first series of games (12-13) Elk's player, based on his behavior and speech patterns, was more then likely somewhat of an outcast. Unable to truly connect with anyone in real life he tried to find acceptance in other places, thus leading him to The World. Its Psychology 101, this kind of thing happens.

Next you need to take a look at who the only "person" Elk really formed any kind of meaningful bond to was; Mia, a corrupted incarnation of one of the creatures from the Epitaph on which The World was based. Based on the events of the first series, I think that when Mia was destroyed by Kite Elk suffered a kind of psychotic break from reality. Having lost the only "person" he felt any real connection to, his mind blocked out the fact that he knew Mia was gone and convinced itself that she was still out there somewhere. All he had to do was find her.

As for Elk not liking violence and En not caring who he hurt, that can be explained fairly easily. While Elk's mind would have blocked off most of the memories of Mia's destruction, some details would still end up as part of his delusions. So, upon coming to R:2 he would remember that last time he was unable to protect Mia and to him that would probably be the main reason why she left, thus he would want to make sue he'd be able to protect her if he found her again. Again this would be part of his break from reality.

And if all of that has been said already, forgive me for repeating it.
Are you referring to when the RA plan ripped apart Mia,or when she was data drained by Kite?
He got her back after the Kite one,but if your refering to the RA plans way of extracing the epitpah,then you may be right.
Ximenes

Post by Ximenes »

Azure crow wrote: Are you referring to when the RA plan ripped apart Mia,or when she was data drained by Kite?
He got her back after the Kite one,but if your refering to the RA plans way of extracing the epitpah,then you may be right.
Both. The fact that he got her back after Kite Data Drained her wouldn't make much of a difference. In his mind he would only remember that he wasn't able to protect her from being hurt. This would have started his break from reality, RA ripping her apart to obtain the epitaph would more then likely have been the trigger needed to send him fully into a psychotic break.
EnergyBolt2

Post by EnergyBolt2 »

plus endrances age matches up to elks age, and... the only one he shows kindness towards is his cat mia(also in the original 4 where he i sonly kind to mia)
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

Ximenes wrote:
Azure crow wrote: Are you referring to when the RA plan ripped apart Mia,or when she was data drained by Kite?
Both. The fact that he got her back after Kite Data Drained her wouldn't make much of a difference. In his mind he would only remember that he wasn't able to protect her from being hurt. This would have started his break from reality, RA ripping her apart to obtain the epitaph would more then likely have been the trigger needed to send him fully into a psychotic break.
He was perfectly happy when Mia was brought back,but we DO assume that being given what you want again after losing it,then losing it again without explination is worse than what happened in the first place.
But unless you know somehting we don't,Endrance/Elk neverhad a "psychotic break" of any kind,he just went dilusional.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Not even that. He was just in mourning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Morganna caught Elk in the Bargaining Stage.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

I call the fact that sweet,mild tempered Elk became strong,battle worthy champion Endrance,while wanting to fight to keep someone who he may have realized wasn't there with him,delusional.

Of course,it's not like our opinions matter,we both beleive the sma ething on this in essence.

and I think you thought I was refering to when Morganna got to Elk,which I wasn't,I was talking about when Elk bexame Endrance,after Epitaph awakening.
XxDarKitexX

Post by XxDarKitexX »

perosnaly i think he is a older elk or even tesuka. the fact that after defeating him and his cat falling off his shoulder he replies in a sad voice and calls the Mia. but like previously stated T also knew of mia but he didnt have that same connetion with Mia as elk did and would not have have a profound sadness in his voice when she left him.
Ximenes

Post by Ximenes »

Azure crow wrote:He was perfectly happy when Mia was brought back,but we DO assume that being given what you want again after losing it,then losing it again without explination is worse than what happened in the first place.
But unless you know somehting we don't,Endrance/Elk neverhad a "psychotic break" of any kind,he just went dilusional.
(Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis )
Stedman's Medical Dictionary defines psychosis as "a severe mental disorder, with or without organic damage, characterized by derangement of personality and loss of contact with reality and causing deterioration of normal social functioning."

Said psychosis can manifest with delusions of many forms, paranoid and grandiose being the most commonly known.

I'm not saying that I know something the rest of you don't. I'm only going by what I've seen in the games, mangas and so on. But what I have seen leads me to to the idea that En/Elk did suffer some kind of psychosis.

Again, all this is speculation on my part. I don't have a degree in psychology, I've only taken some classes in it when I was going to college and been trying to help my dad while he goes for his PhD in it, so I'll admit I'm no expert. I'm just going from what I've learned on my own and in formal classes. I could be, and probably am wrong, but in my mind this idea fits pretty well.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

Welcome to the site.
I tink we are going to get along really well here.
AuraTwilight
IT WAS OVER 9000!
IT WAS OVER 9000!

Post by AuraTwilight »

Ximenes, help yourself to some win. I wub you.
Azure crow
The Grace of Life
The Grace of Life

Post by Azure crow »

Wow,for once we agree on something AuraTwilight.
Twilight Haseo

Re: About Endrance...

Post by Twilight Haseo »

Endrance IS Elk, just seven years later. Elk was 13 years of age when .hack//INFECTION began, and is now 20 in the .hack//G.U saga timeline. That's your first indication, Mia's "obsessive" rants and the fascination of being around a cat being the second. The isolation/anti-social factor could also be compared, but that could have been just some weirdo playing as a rather feminine man without any other evidence of being Elk. Though to avoid further uneccessary explanation, from http://www.wikipedia.org, if you search "Elk (.hack)," It will tell you that
In .hack//G.U., the character Endrance is created by the player of Elk, as stated in the .hack//G.U. Perfect Guidebook.
That's about all the proof you need.
Hsumi

Re:

Post by Hsumi »

XxDarKitexX wrote:perosnaly i think he is a older elk or even tesuka. the fact that after defeating him and his cat falling off his shoulder he replies in a sad voice and calls the Mia. but like previously stated T also knew of mia but he didnt have that same connetion with Mia as elk did and would not have have a profound sadness in his voice when she left him.
Whoa whoa whoa... You did not just say that Endrance is Tsukasa. Tsukasa is a GIRL, and too old to even possibly be Endrance. End of story.