GENERAL HELP! QUESTIONS POST HERE

Rook24601

Equipment Issue

Post by Rook24601 »

I've been on here for half an hour looking for a resolution to this issue that doesn't involve me buying another copy of the game. It's pretty unrealistic to think that I'll be able to find one so easily and inexpensively. Here's the problem:

When I access the menu, select the "Item" option and am taken to the actual Item Menu, I can't access my Equipment or Key Items tabs. They are greyed out. Now before you propose that I press the button to go to the tab, let me assure you that I have pressed left and right (the correct buttons) in order to access them. L1 and R1 access your party members' items and I even tried that. Next, I tried a different controller and a different PS2. That didn't work. Something to note, this issue began at the end of Vol. 1 (while I was side-questing after beating the game) and is now persisting in Vol. 2.

The most frustrating implication of this issue is that I won't be able to give my party members any new equipment. I can't sell it, I can't trade it and I can't gift it. I can't even look at my equipment or key items. What's odd is that this is the only thing not working. If anyone has any help that would get this issue resolved it would be greatly appreciated. I would love to continue playing this game.

~Rook
Master ZED

Re: Equipment Issue

Post by Master ZED »

Rook24601 wrote:When I access the menu, select the "Item" option and am taken to the actual Item Menu, I can't access my Equipment or Key Items tabs...
Use a controller without an "A" on the back. If that doesn't work or if you don't have one, try starting a new game, preferably booting up without a memory card, just for the heck of it to see if the issue is a bug whose effects can be saved.
Arkham12688

Re: GENERAL HELP! QUESTIONS POST HERE

Post by Arkham12688 »

Bikman Quest for Rebirth, looking for Beast Females: Cecile and Evil Woman. Help?
Azure Rogue

Post by Azure Rogue »

Arkham12688 wrote:Bikman Quest for Rebirth, looking for Beast Females: Cecile and Evil Woman. Help?
Both of these NPCs only appear in Lumina Cloth. Check there.
Bcrazy26

Post by Bcrazy26 »

I just finished vol 1 and I'm currently doing the side quests so I can carry that over. Question is, am I able to get area words in vol 2 or do I have to get them in vol 1?

I should have all of the ones from the message boards and emails.

Thanks in advance!
Falions

Post by Falions »

I recently started Vol. 2 but I did not max out the Ryu Books in Vol. 1 (I think my lowest was the item collecting one). Am I still able to max them out by Vol. 3?
hanakohikari

Post by hanakohikari »

Bcrazy26 wrote:I just finished vol 1 and I'm currently doing the side quests so I can carry that over. Question is, am I able to get area words in vol 2 or do I have to get them in vol 1?

Thanks in advance!
yep you can get them in vol 2 or 3 since you still have access to the servers! I tested it myself (got too bored with rebirth and wanted to start reminisce asap lmao)
hanakohikari

Post by hanakohikari »

Falions wrote:I recently started Vol. 2 but I did not max out the Ryu Books in Vol. 1 (I think my lowest was the item collecting one). Am I still able to max them out by Vol. 3?
YES
you don't even need to get all the items and you'll still hit rank 9 at the end! unless it's the missable stuff hmm, but I managed to get the items I missed in volume 1 after starting volume 2 (look those 5 star accessories those guild shops sell! they were still there in volume 2 :D )
Bcrazy26

Post by Bcrazy26 »

hanakohikari wrote:
Bcrazy26 wrote:I just finished vol 1 and I'm currently doing the side quests so I can carry that over. Question is, am I able to get area words in vol 2 or do I have to get them in vol 1?

Thanks in advance!
yep you can get them in vol 2 or 3 since you still have access to the servers! I tested it myself (got too bored with rebirth and wanted to start reminisce asap lmao)
Phew! That's a relief, thank you!!! :D
Falions

Post by Falions »

hanakohikari wrote:
Falions wrote:I recently started Vol. 2 but I did not max out the Ryu Books in Vol. 1 (I think my lowest was the item collecting one). Am I still able to max them out by Vol. 3?
YES
you don't even need to get all the items and you'll still hit rank 9 at the end! unless it's the missable stuff hmm, but I managed to get the items I missed in volume 1 after starting volume 2 (look those 5 star accessories those guild shops sell! they were still there in volume 2 :D )
I did most of the rare stuff like Mecha Grunty's steam armor and so on so I think I should be fine!!!!! Oh, also, do I need to always have the items in my storage/inventory or can I just buy and trash?
hanakohikari

Post by hanakohikari »

Falions wrote:
hanakohikari wrote:
YES
I did most of the rare stuff like Mecha Grunty's steam armor and so on so I think I should be fine!!!!! Oh, also, do I need to always have the items in my storage/inventory or can I just buy and trash?
buy and trash is fine! I did that to all gear customization items, extract them from weapons, and then sell them or throw them away! and it still remained registered on the ryu book :D
drenandtarb

Post by drenandtarb »

Hey, I'm kind of stuck on G.U. I've gotten to the point where I have to play the Arena battles but no matter how many I win I don't seem to rank up at all on the leader boards. Is there something specific I need to do?