Hyuuga

Post by Hyuuga »

Just wait in the field, 10 minutes should be enough
ULFRIC

Post by ULFRIC »

omg 10 minutes?
no wonder
i can walk around right?
i mean, i don't have to be all still and stuff right?
Muffinz

Post by Muffinz »

Oookay, I hate having to post here without reading the entire thread to see if my question was answered previously, but 22 pages is just a bit much for my patience. =]

I cant find the Dust Proof Lens for the life of me. I used Zer0's guide, but I've checked out Lieutenant Okada a thousand times and he just isnt showing the goods for me. Is there any other way to get it?

And while I'm at it, is there any other way to get the Mind Egg besides trading with Shirochan in Lumina Cloth? He wont show up for me, shy little guy.

These are my last two items and I'm losing my damn mind looking for them. =]

Thanks in advance.
Hachibi
Location: with the wargs seiging the local Gamestop for .hack//GU Reminisce

Post by Hachibi »

Muffinz wrote:Oookay, I hate having to post here without reading the entire thread to see if my question was answered previously, but 22 pages is just a bit much for my patience. =]

I cant find the Dust Proof Lens for the life of me. I used Zer0's guide, but I've checked out Lieutenant Okada a thousand times and he just isnt showing the goods for me. Is there any other way to get it?

And while I'm at it, is there any other way to get the Mind Egg besides trading with Shirochan in Lumina Cloth? He wont show up for me, shy little guy.

These are my last two items and I'm losing my damn mind looking for them. =]

Thanks in advance.
The Dust proof lens and the Mind egg are in the armor that shirochan and Lt. Okada have. you trade for the armor then take the items out in the customize menu
Muffinz

Post by Muffinz »

Oohh, I feel stupid now. >.<

Thank you so much!
Hachibi
Location: with the wargs seiging the local Gamestop for .hack//GU Reminisce

Post by Hachibi »

no problem, we're here to help
Cloudless Sky

Post by Cloudless Sky »

eh, probably a stupid question, but better safe than sorry...

I just beat the game, and I want to do all the other stuff like quests. I am afraid of saving over the save file because of fear of losing the right data to transfer to volume two.

So, my question is, will loading up the complete game file and then saving over that, will I still be able to transfer it to volume 2?

And, uh... same question for the older four with the data flags, or whatever they were called.
Angelic_Light

Post by Angelic_Light »

Cloudless Sky wrote:eh, probably a stupid question, but better safe than sorry...

I just beat the game, and I want to do all the other stuff like quests. I am afraid of saving over the save file because of fear of losing the right data to transfer to volume two.

So, my question is, will loading up the complete game file and then saving over that, will I still be able to transfer it to volume 2?

And, uh... same question for the older four with the data flags, or whatever they were called.
Yes no matter what you do after you created the "Clear Data" (Data Flags in the first four) if you keep saving your game to that it will not erase the Clear Data (Flag) and will alow you to transfer any further advancements you made to the next game
Kyero Fox
Pilot of White Glint
Pilot of White Glint

Post by Kyero Fox »

How long do I wait for the dopple ganger?

and I'm in a DEFEAT THE BOSS! Area.. and soo far I've stayed still for 12 mins
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

Ok, what the hell?

I was touching up on my Avatar battle replays so I can be prepared for Volume 2, and sometimes when I beat a replay there's this cheering noise. What is it?
MoX

Post by MoX »

Kyero Fox: Is it a sunny field area? I dunno about night, but but I think he comes out to any field that's not during sundown. Sun set fields dont work. Best bet thats 100% sure to find doppelganger is a bright sunny field. Then just go around on your bike or whatever and look for a red arrow.

My question:

Can you stack effects at all in the game? Like have 2 Mantis Nails for 20% critical increase? (though normaly I'd just use Bear Paw for backstab)
Confyzone

Post by Confyzone »

OMFG KUHN IS DRIVING ME NUTS>>>>HOW THE HELL DO I BEAT HIM?!?!?
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Confyzone wrote:OMFG KUHN IS DRIVING ME NUTS>>>>HOW THE HELL DO I BEAT HIM?!?!?
Just level above him, check his level when you enter the arena and then go train and then make sure you're a few levels above him o.o;

As for the other question, you can stack abilities.
Confyzone

Post by Confyzone »

Marioshinobi wrote:
Just level above him, check his level when you enter the arena and then go train and then make sure you're a few levels above him o.o;

ok so if i go no to retry, i just start were i last saved right? n then level above him?
Marioshinobi
The Hidden One
The Hidden One

Post by Marioshinobi »

Confyzone wrote:
Marioshinobi wrote:

ok so if i go no to retry, i just start were i last saved right? n then level above him?
2-3 levels should be good enough.
Confyzone

Post by Confyzone »

well i was only at 35 when i went to fight him lol, so i gotta be about 10 levels higher from that
ScionofEntropy

About the "Underworld" quest...

Post by ScionofEntropy »

...What were the area words for the Underworld quests? My friend here skipped all the forum quests and I can't remember for the life of me what the heck any of them are.
azholemike

Post by azholemike »

Eh, nevermind.
Found answer elsewhere.
Vega Vaikyuko

Post by Vega Vaikyuko »

For the life of me, I cannot find AK47 or Punisher Witch in GU Vol.1. I know they (are supposed to) lurk around the two Root Towns, but does anyone know if they frequent a specific place, and any tips they might have to get them quicker?

As soon as I get that done, I'll be able to move on to Vol.2, you see. ^_^;
Duo602

Post by Duo602 »

The easiest way (at least I think it is) to find people you have not met is by going to areas. When selecting an area to go to, there you should be two icons followed by numbers. The first icon (it should should little blue figures) stands for the number of players in that dungeon or field. The second icon (shows two figures shaking hands) indicates the numbers of players you have met out of those in the field. With enough patience, you should be able to find an area that has either character or both...