Rebirth FAQS

JonFireblade

Rebirth FAQS

Post by JonFireblade »

Ok guys and girls. I've really noticed latly that this forum is kinda cluttered with a whole bunch of topics with ppl asking questions about the game. So if you guys want to and if the Admins dont shut this topic down: I suggest we use this topic to ask questions and then pass along information about the game.
Last edited by JonFireblade on Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:51 pm, edited 15 times in total.
TwilightSkeith

Post by TwilightSkeith »

Ok, in the books of 1000 item accessory list, what are the 5 items after Simple Necklace?
.circum//FERENCE

Post by .circum//FERENCE »

Okay, here goes:

Item List

Already posted in the Walkthrough help request thread.

Accessory List

You're missing (in this order down the list):

Seal of Ya Wang = Kestral Guild Shop
Crown of Lu Ming = Moon Tree Guild Shop
Medic Badge = Medic Union Guild Shop
1 Line Reference = Trifle Guild Shop

Simple Wind Idol

Simple Steam Ring

Weapon List

Already posted a complete version in the Weapons List? thread.

Armor List

You're missing (in order):

Wild Robe - (complete full Lucky Animal collection set)

Steam Armor (different from Steam Plate - available through Mecha Grunty quest)

Steam Suit - (complete Mecha Grunty quest)

Monster List

You're missing (in order):

==GOBLIN==
Gun Giant
Baz Giant

Apititer

==DEMON==
Carrieanne

==SEA MONSTER==
Lance Marine

==SUPERNATURAL==
Rue Bezel
Vak Juggler
Rue Juggler

==AVIAN==
Black Raptor
Trainee Owl
Hermit Owl

==PLANT==
Elder Growth

==DEMON BEAST==
Zan Ziger

==MECHA BEAST==
Steam Shell
Metal Fist

==DRAGON==
Drygon

==CRUSTACEAN==
Horned Archelon
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

As i posted in the other topic, Spin Gai Gu can be found aside from just the starter pair you get. As a possible mission award for Delta: Peaceful Leading Freedom and in the trapped chest at that same area.

Broad Legged can supposedly be found in Kestrel's Guild shop and from Fever Horse (monster).

Say, i realize you already know the information, but do you want me to write up the info for the items for you? Could save you some time.
.circum//FERENCE

Pssst... don't forget to change your "Wind Scale" and "Wind Egg" to "Mind Scale" and "Mind Egg" in the Items list - I fixed it in my list on the other thread, but it's not changed in your posted version above.

Good luck with the walkthrough, and good job thus far ^_^
baysrd07

Post by baysrd07 »

your walkthrough doesn't seem to have it, so I must ask. I have the english version of .hack//g.u. rebirth and I'd like to know if Doppleganger is still there, and wehre he is in the english volume 1. Thanks in advance!
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

Doppelganger is indeed in the us version.
His appearance is random, but i think he appears more often after you'vebeaten the game.
.circum//FERENCE

May I help by writing up an AIDA battle strategy guide/FAQ for you to use or reference?
Chanazules

Post by Chanazules »

whats the max weapon level you can get?
Akuta
The Forum Blubb
The Forum Blubb

Post by Akuta »

Zer0 wrote:
baysrd07 wrote:your walkthrough doesn't seem to have it, so I must ask. I have the english version of .hack//g.u. rebirth and I'd like to know if Doppleganger is still there, and wehre he is in the english volume 1. Thanks in advance!
I'll pop that in there right now.

Mind if i take that part with the doppelganger and reorganize it a little? I think it could be fairly easily adjusted to be more easy to read and get information out of.

Edit: Chanazules, if you mean weapon skill level, then 10 would be the max for this game if i'm not totally lost.
baysrd07

Post by baysrd07 »

Zer0 wrote:
I'll pop that in there right now.
Thanks Zer0, that answers a question I'd been having for some time now.
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

Chanazules wrote:whats the max weapon level you can get?
Lvl. 43 weapons are the highest Lvl. weapons you can get, which is unfortunate, and which doesn't help the Lvl. 51 Glitch...
Chanazules

Post by Chanazules »

I have the lucky animal quest done. Unless you mean the campaign :P
Last edited by Chanazules on Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VideoSpud
The Unnoticed Riddler
The Unnoticed Riddler

Post by VideoSpud »

I'm currently trying to make a Lvl. 51 Glitch, in which you get around the "Max" Level thing after 50 and are allowed to go beyond the normal Level. But then again, I'll have to test out any things that make Glitches, and the game is impressively durable, so making a Glitch will be quite hard...
Chanazules

Post by Chanazules »

Sorry I dont have the "campaign" done I just have the quest done. Sorry.
JonFireblade

Post by JonFireblade »

wow guys this is really impressive, well being that i'm just in the process of starting out the game, I'll probably end up use alot of this info more then giving it. Oh yeah @Zero- Listen I hope you dont mind but I'm going to be taking any and all info. , chopping it apart and re-organizing it on the first post, dont worry though I'll make sure to include credits with everyone's names and what not. I'm doing this for the sake of neatness instead of having to read (like in the future) like 15 pages just to find out one thing you wanted to know. but no worries credit will go to those who contributed. =)

Edit:

----------------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ATTENTION EVERYONE
----------------------!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you plan on contributing to this FAQS/Guide, PLEASE read the first post so you understand exactly what will happen to any and all info you provide here. I'm not trying to scare anyone away, just realize that any info ill be chopped up and re-organised to best fit this guide. credit will be give to people who contribute to this group effort.
Last edited by JonFireblade on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

Where is a good place to level up?
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Dot-Hack-Rocks wrote:Where is a good place to level up?
I would just pick an area about three levels over you.
.circum//FERENCE

Okay, sorries, this is stupidly, stupidly long, but I asked to do it, so here goes:

***WARNING: THERE ARE A FEW SPOILERS***

Please just read the "Controls," "Attack," and "Strategy" sections if you don't want to read spoilers. Of course, not reading it at all is the safest option.

Code: Select all

----------------------------
.0 AIDA / Avatar Battle FAQ

.1 About AIDA and Avatars
--------------------------

Without giving too much away, AIDA is an "entity" you will see a lot of in the //GU series. It's represented in the game thus far by strange black dots, and sometimes manifests strange bug-like creatures that you will eventually fight. Its official purpose and role in the //G.U. universe is as of yet still a mystery. Contact with AIDA can cause comas in normal player characters.

An Avatar is basically data from one of the original eight Phases of Morganna (those of you who played the original .hack games should be familiar with them) that has been attached to certain player characters in The World: R2. This special data gives those characters the ability to summon the Avatar data in the form of one of the Phases, and control that data to some extent. These characters are known as Epitaph Users, and can summon their Avatars to collect information on and quarantine AIDA. However, sometimes you will find yourself using Haseo's Avatar, Skeith, to battle other Avatars as well.

.2 Basic Avatar Controls
-------------------------

- Normal Mode:

[] button = Shoot
>< button = Slash
() button = Dash

- Protect Break Mode:

>< button = Data Drain
() button = Dash

.3 Basic Strategy
-----------------

Skeith has a health bar, and so does your enemy. The obvious goal is to take the enemy's health down to zero by inflicting damage, thereby inducing Protect Break status, then put it down for good with a Data Drain attack.

Keep in mind that Skeith also has a set of stats for strength and defense, which are based on Haseo's current level. If you are having a stupidly tough time defeating an enemy during an Avatar battle, take some time to level up Haseo and then attempt it again when Skeith will be a bit tougher.

If your current level isn't a problem, the most basic strategy for Avatar battles is to shoot the enemy with [] until it is stunned. Electricity will appear around the enemy, and the word "Stunned!" will appear on your screen. This is your signal to swoop in close to the enemy and use your friggin' huge scythe to slash at it with the >< button in order to do massive amounts of damage.

But it's not so easy as that. Every AIDA/Avatar enemy will have special attacks that can make it quite frustrating to get it to stunned status in order to get a few good whacks in. Luckily, these attacks are fairly predictible once you realize the pattern, and you should be able to weather them without too much damage to Skeith.

Once you manage to do enough damage to get the enemy's health bar down to zero, a timer will show up at the top of the screen. As it counts down, you have that time to attempt a Data Drain.

Again, it's not so easy. First, you have to press and hold the >< button. While avoiding various enemy projectiles, you must wait until your Data Drain is completely charged (you should hear a high-pitched, continuous sound when it's fully charged, and the Data Drain bar will light up at the top of the screen), and let go of the >< button when you've got a clear shot. If you get hit by a projectile while charging your Data Drain, you have to start over from 0 charge and redo it. If you let go of the button while the enemy is moving, you're unlikely to hit it, so make sure it's stopped before you let go, otherwise, back to the drawing board. If you don't manage to Data Drain it before the time limit is up, it's back to the beginning.

On to specific enemies...

.4 AIDA <Anna>
--------------

This is the first AIDA enemy you will encounter that you are able to fight. It looks like a microorganism that's been supersized. Not too tough, really, but they're just for practice before you get to the big, mean stuff.

-Attacks-

A. Normal Shot (small damage): <Anna>'s standard, run-of-the-mill projectile. Little energy balls spray out in a nondistinct pattern, aimed in Skeith's general direction.

B. Kobold Bullet (small-medium damage): <Anna> shoots three larger energy balls at Skeith that behave like missiles.

C. Agol Laser (large damage): <Anna> shoots out a huge laser beam directly in front of her. It can hit Skeith up to three times per go, and <Anna> cannot be stunned while performing this attack.

-Strategy-

This is pretty straightforward. Keep shooting until <Anna> is stunned, then close in to slash with the scythe. Dash to avoid the Normal Shot, and smack her Kobold Bullets away with the scythe when she uses the attack. When she starts gearing up for the Agol Laser attack, you'll get fair warning if you pay attention - not only does she stand still and start lighting up, but the attack name will appear on top of the screen for a good couple seconds before she lets go, along with the ever-helpful advice to "Dash to Evade." Not surprisingly, I highly suggest dashing to evade...

Once you get her health bar down to zero, start charging for Data Drain. This is actually kind of agitating. Since her Normal Shot is a spray, it can be very hard to evade... do your best to dash away from the spray while continuing to hold ><. You have 60 seconds to manage a successful Data Drain, and if you're patient, it's not a big deal. She'll wiggle back and forth for a while using random Normal Shots, and occasionally stop for about 2 seconds. Make sure to let go as soon as she stops, otherwise, you'll miss her and have to start over.

.5 TARVOS (Pi's Avatar)
-----------------------

When TARVOS becomes infected with AIDA and goes berserk, you get your first real taste of what the Avatar battles to come will be like. It's tough, but still more of a practice. TARVOS is interesting to look at, sort of an angel with her hands bound above her head.

-Attacks-

A. Normal Shot (small damage): Small energy missiles.

B. Orb of Revenge (medium damage): Big energy ball that stuns Skeith upon impact.

C. Strike of Death (medium to massive damage): TARVOS shoves a huge stake through Skeith. Damage dependent on how many stakes TARVOS conjures (up to 3 maximum).

D. Data Drain (small to massive damage): A damage-over-time effect. Smash buttons wildly to curb damage done to Skeith.

-Strategy-

TARVOS is actually easier to stun than <Anna>. On the flip side of that coin, however, she's got some nastier tricks, too. She'll start off with a small Normal Shot, which in this case is a small burst of energy missiles. They're actually easy enough to avoid, just start moving Skeith forward after she shoots them at you. She sometimes closes her "wings" protectively around her main body, and while she can be stunned in this state, you won't be able to do damage, so try to avoid wasting your shots when she's in defensive mode.

As for the nastier stuff - after a few bursts of her regular Normal Shot, she'll send a round of bigger missiles. Bigger equals more damage, but luckily, you can swat at them with your scythe to destroy them before they hit you. She also has an attack called Orb of Revenge that sends a couple big nasty energy balls at you that stun Skeith if he gets hit. Smacking them each three times with the scythe will prevent them from doing major damage. Unfortunately she has two more attacks that are unavoidable - the first is Strike of Death, for which TARVOS will conjure up to three huge stakes and send them flying into Skeith's body. The amount of damage done is dependent on how many stakes she conjures. The final attack is her Data Drain attack, also unavoidable, but thankfully it can be a minor concern - just smash all the buttons as fast as you can, which will decrease the effect time considerably enough that Skeith will take little damage.

Wear her down to zero to get a Protect Break, and then it's Data Drain time. This one isn't hard at all. She'll send another barrage of small missiles, so just move forward to avoid them while pressing ><. Then, she'll wrap her wings around her body and float back and forth for a bit. Wait until she sits still for a while, and then she'll open her wings (I guess she's playing Peek-A-Boo)... as soon as she does, let go and you'll put her down for good.

.6 MAGUS (Kuhn's Avatar)
------------------------

MAGUS is basically a really huge sprig of leaves with a head, torso, and arms.

-Attacks-

A. Normal Shot (small damage): Rapid bursts of energy.

B. Leaf Guard (small damage): Rotating shield that sprays out Normal Shots. While in place, MAGUS is immune to stun.

C. Unforgiving Bud (medium damage): floating energy mines that follow Skeith.

D. Flash of Green (medium damage): Lasers that surround Skeith and slice up and down.

-Strategy-

MAGUS doesn't do a great deal of damage, and he takes massive damage while stunned. The tough part is actually stunning him. He's quick, and has several skills that makes him immune to your shots. He'll start with a regular burst of his Normal Shot, which like <Anna>'s, tends to follow a nondiscriminant pattern in Skeith's general direction. You can dash out of the way, but that makes it harder to shoot him, so just try calmly moving back and forth while he tosses them at you, all the while doing your best to shoot him back. Next, MAGUS will bring Leaf Guard into place. This makes things more annoying, as he is surrounded by a rotating ring of green shields that make him immune to stun, while they each toss rounds of Normal Shot at Skeith. Shoot all of the green shields to destroy them. Next, he'll probably try using Unforgiving Bud, where he tosses about 5-10 floating mines at Skeith. Destroy them using the scythe before they can really hurt you. 

His last attack, Flash of Green, looks a lot scarier than it actually is. When he pulls this one out, Skeith will be surrounded by green lasers. Once in place, the lasers will move first down, and then back up. When they go down, watch closely and move slightly to the right, in between the descending lines. When they start moving back up, move back to the left slightly, and they should completely miss you. MAGUS is immune to stun when he's using this attack, so just concentrate on avoiding the lasers until it's over.

Once you've stunned him a few times and manage some good whacks with the scythe (3-5 stuns is probably enough, dependent on Haseo's level), it's Data Drain time. Just charge up as per usual, and calmly move back and forth to avoid his Normal Shot (you shouldn't need to dash). The problem is that he barely stops moving long enough for you to actually hit him with a Data Drain, so watch him carefully and let go the moment he pauses.

.7 MACHA (Endrance's Avatar)

Definitely the spiffiest Avatar, MACHA is an AIDA-infected Avatar that looks like Mia from the first games dolled out in a bridal costume. With her plethora of attacks, she's definitely a bridezilla.

-Attacks-

A. Normal Shot (small damage): Flaming discs thrown at Skeith.

B. Scratch Attack (small damage): Two-slash rush attack.

C. Bolt of Love (small damage): Multiple laser attacks. MACHA's immune to stun while this is in effect.

D. Seductive Voice (no damage): Slows Skeith's movement if he's hit.

E. Bewitching Wind (small damage): Will knock Skeith back if he's too close and do some damage. MACHA's immune to stun while in effect.

F. Data Drain (small to massive damage): A damage-over-time effect. Smash buttons wildly to curb damage done to Skeith.

-Strategy-

MACHA is not an offensive powerhouse, but man is she tough, and incredibly fast. Her rapid succession of small attacks will wear Skeith down quickly if you're not careful. The best strategy is to take your time and just deal with what she throws at you, the only thing rushing to stun her will do is cause Skeith to lose massive amounts of health and possibly die.

She'll start by throwing her Normal Shot at you, which is a series of flaming discs that are really easy to avoid. Depending on your play style, you can either dash out of the way, or bravely stand your ground and move slightly left to avoid the first set, then slightly right to avoid the second. After that, things get sucky real quick. Her next move will probably be a Scratch Attack, which is a rush attack in which she dashes at Skeith and slashes at him two times. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. Unlike the previous Avatar Battles, this one doesn't plaster helpful advice all over the screen way before you have to do anything. The training wheels are off, so they give you a one second warning that you need to dash, and don't announce the attack type message at the top of the screen. Be prepared, and scoot Skeith out of the way as quickly as The good news is that whether you successfully avoid the attack or not, MACHA will be vulnerable to stun while her back is turned to Skeith, so shoot the crap out of her and then get a few good swings in (don't start celebrating yet, though, because it will take tons of stuns to take her down, as MACHA has incredibly high defense). After that, things get even suckier.

MACHA has a really annoying attack called Bolt of Love in which she conjures a number of sentinel-type objects that will hover agitatingly out of your reach as they shoot laser beams at you, then move close enough to attack, one at a time. Forget stunning her, as she's immune to it during this attack, and focus on the sentinels. Just keep moving in one direction (dash is unnecessary). The sentinel will start flashing, and then shoot the laser beam. If you're moving, it will harmlessly pass behind you, and then the sentinel will move close enough to destroy with the scythe. You can't move on to the next round until they're all gone, so just take them out one by one.

After all of that (if she doesn't bust this little nasty trick out previous to using Bolt of Love), she will start glowing with a white aura. Start dashing as soon as you see this. Soon after, a very long stream of glowing white rings will come after you, and if you get hit by it, you'll be sorry. This attack is called Seductive Voice, and will cause Skeith to move slower than frozen butter, making it a thousand times more difficult to deal with her next move, which is to immediately use her Bewitching Wind skill. Again, she is immune to stun during this time (while she is surrounded by the swirling red rose petals), so don't bother shooting at her, and just watch closely. She'll first throw a few rounds of her Normal Shot at you, which is harmless enough. Directly after, though, and with almost no warning, she'll use a Scratch Attack, which, coupled with Bewitching Wind, is particularly nasty. Watch for her to move upwards slightly, and the camera angle to change a little, and start dashing to avoid it. Then, shoot her from behind when the Bewitching Wind dissipates, and kick her butt as I'm sure you wish to do at this point.

MACHA also has Data Drain, and she is most definitely not afraid to use it. You could be hit with it several times if the battle lasts long enough, so get your button-mashing fingers prepared, and just deal with it as you did when TARVOS used it.

So, once you get her to Protect Break status, I suggest you end it as quickly as possible. If you're quick about it, you can manage to do this in 5 seconds or so. If you miss the first opportunity, you must avoid her barrage of Normal Shots and Cat Scratches until she stays still long enough to get a successful Data Drain off.

.8 Azure Flame God
------------------

Unless you're one of the lucky ones who speaks Japanese and has played further into the //G.U. series, you don't know much about this... evil, evil thing other than that it is somehow connected to Tri-Edge. Perhaps it's an Avatar, perhaps it's a chunk pure AIDA, who knows, who cares, we're just here to kick its ass (to be fair, it tried to kick ours first). Whatever this being is, it's big, it's mean, and it looks like a flaming blue cranked up stick-figure angel with antlers for wings.

-Attacks

A. Normal Shot (small-medium damage): a wave of energy balls.

B. Azure Fire Ball 1 (large damage): Large blue flame attack (close range).

C. Azure Fire Ball 2 (small-medium damage): burst of small flame attacks (long distance).

D. Azure Tiger Claws (medium damage): a series of spinning blades.

E. Azure Wild Flower (massive damage): very painful rush attack.

F. Data Drain (small to massive damage): A damage-over-time effect. Smash buttons wildly to curb damage done to Skeith.

-Strategy-

This is The Final Confrontation, and if you aren't level 50 for this battle, you might want to go level up a bit before going for it. You can probably manage to take him down a few levels lower, but even at level 50, he gives you a tough time. The Azure Flame God does not hold back - he has lots of attacks, all of which do some hefty damage, is ridiculously fast, is tough to stun, has a lot of defense, and will generally do a good job of wiping the floor with Skeith. If you're a masochist, by all means, go suffer through this fight using a non-maxed-out Skeith.

First off, you'll want to keep a fairly healthy distance between the Azure Flame God and Skeith throughout the battle. This will give you more reaction time, as well as preventing the first form of his Azure Fire Ball attack from smacking the crap out of you, as it's only effective at a close range.

He'll start by tossing his Normal Shot at you, which is a line of energy balls that come at you in a sort of wave pattern, alternating from each side. It comes at you real fast, and the recommended course of action is to just watch closely and slip between two of the balls as they come at you. This way, you can still manage to get in a few much-needed shots as the onslaught drags on. If you want to play it safe, though, you can dash out of the way in the opposite direction from the side the attack is coming from.

Then comes the Azure Fire Ball attack I mentioned earlier. He'll start by busting out with three large fireballs close to his body. If for some reason you are close to him when he does so, it will hurt Skeith a lot. After that, the fire balls divide into a bunch of little fire balls which come at you like missiles and can be harmlessly avoided by moving forward slightly.

He may toss his Azure Tiger Claws attack at you next. With this attack, do your best to slash like crazy at the spinning blades as they come at you, though I will not lie, it is extremely difficult to get them all, and it's likely you'll be hit by one or two. They occasionally will spin off the screen and then come out of nowhere at you like boomerangs. In the grand scheme of things, though, this is not so bad. (Suggestion by Akunaeru: dash crazily while using the scythe to destroy all of the Claws more easily --- Thanks, Akunaeru!!).

The Azure Wild Flower attack (aka "The Attack You Must Avoid At All Costs") will likely follow, though the order isn't always the same. Whenever you see the words, "Dash to Evade" pop up on the bottom of the screen, start dashing like a maniac to avoid this attack. If you don't avoid it, it does about 300 damage to Skeith (which you really can't afford). Even more fun is that he often does this attack several times in quick succession. Just keep on your toes and be prepared for him to turn around and rush you again.

He also uses Data Drain, but thankfully isn't as trigger-happy about it as MACHA was. Just deal with it by smashing buttons, dum dee dum...

When you get him stunned, dash in and slash until after many successful stuns, you get him to Protect Break status. And here's probably where it really starts hurting. As in all the other Avatar battles, the Azure Flame God will still throw his Normal Shot attack at you while you're trying to Data Drain him.... in a seemingly endless succession. If you try dashing to avoid them, you could miss the half-a-second opportunity you to get a successful Data Drain off. On the other hand, it is a real pain avoiding those energy balls in order to keep your Data Drain fully charged. I used the bob and weave through energy ball waves tactic... if you can manage to focus on the waves and slip between the energy balls while still keeping an eye on whether the Azure Flame God is moving, I recommend it to the "dash-like-a-madman and hope you can stop in time to get a good shot off and end this insanity" plan.
Hope you like it :)
Last edited by .circum//FERENCE on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

pretty good, not as offensive as my tactics, but, I lack the skills to write a guide, so, not gonna give my tatics :P hey, as with most games there are many right ways :P