The Terminal Disc Thread (High Spoiler Potential)

User avatar
Dot-Hack-Rocks
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:42 pm
Location: California/Alaska

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:17 pm

Alright. I already beat the game.
And when I went to look at the protected
files I only got 3 of them open.
Am I doing anything wrong?

User avatar
ophiophilia
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: on the ground
Contact:

Post by ophiophilia » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:31 pm

Alright. I already beat the game.
And when I went to look at the protected
files I only got 3 of them open.
Am I doing anything wrong?
You should have files 1-4, and if you've gotten the data flag for the first volume, 6 and 10. The rest have to be opened with data flags from vol. 2 and 3.

User avatar
Dot-Hack-Rocks
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:42 pm
Location: California/Alaska

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:33 pm

ophiophilia wrote:
Alright. I already beat the game.
And when I went to look at the protected
files I only got 3 of them open.
Am I doing anything wrong?
You should have files 1-4, and if you've gotten the data flag for the first volume, 6 and 10. The rest have to be opened with data flags from vol. 2 and 3.
ooo okay then. Just making sure. Thank You.

User avatar
ophiophilia
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:51 pm
Location: on the ground
Contact:

Post by ophiophilia » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:36 pm

ophiophilia wrote:
Quote:
Alright. I already beat the game.
And when I went to look at the protected
files I only got 3 of them open.
Am I doing anything wrong?


You should have files 1-4, and if you've gotten the data flag for the first volume, 6 and 10. The rest have to be opened with data flags from vol. 2 and 3.


ooo okay then. Just making sure. Thank You.
^^ No problem.

Also, from what I've read on the forum, you can open all of the files if you use Windows Media Player Classic (not the one that comes with Windows). I don't have a DVD drive on my computer, so I can't do it myself, though. ;p;

User avatar
cubia of the azure earth
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:13 pm

Post by cubia of the azure earth » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:20 pm

ophiophilia wrote:
ophiophilia wrote:
Quote:
Alright. I already beat the game.
And when I went to look at the protected
files I only got 3 of them open.
Am I doing anything wrong?


You should have files 1-4, and if you've gotten the data flag for the first volume, 6 and 10. The rest have to be opened with data flags from vol. 2 and 3.


ooo okay then. Just making sure. Thank You.
^^ No problem.

Also, from what I've read on the forum, you can open all of the files if you use Windows Media Player Classic (not the one that comes with Windows). I don't have a DVD drive on my computer, so I can't do it myself, though. ;p;
you tube has them up finaly

User avatar
ME
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by ME » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:22 pm

I didn't get 6 for some reason

User avatar
Dot-Hack-Rocks
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:42 pm
Location: California/Alaska

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:19 pm

ME wrote:I didn't get 6 for some reason
Did you not get File 10?
Because you only get those two files in .hack//GU Vol. 1: Rebirth
after you beat the game. Defeat "Tri-Edge".

User avatar
Wan
Diamond of Plenary
Diamond of Plenary
Posts: 1083
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:17 am
Location: Anaheim, Ca
Contact:

Post by Wan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:27 pm

I think ive only got 6 and 10 unlocked. Need to check when the ps2 is free.

User avatar
pekerman
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: here

Re: A few answers

Post by pekerman » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:39 am

Noaru Hikari wrote:1. The Terminal Disc IS readable on a Windows Media Player Classic, I've successfully done it, you HAVE to HAVE a DVD player in order to first read the disc itself and I'm not sure about being able to read the GU scenes but most likely I'll go with the idea 90% sure cause of the Terminal Disc.
Or in WMP 9 (or later) if you have appropiate codecs.

JonkoSlunko
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:06 am
Location: Oklahoma

Post by JonkoSlunko » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:37 am

I am pretty new here, but I beat vol. 1 of .Hack//GU, and after reading through this forum, I realize no one refers to what Project "G.U." is. I already know that some have watched like what's on the terminal disc and some of you didnt, but just in case I want to explain to those that don't. Basically,(correct me if I am wrong.), Project GU started in like the beginning of .Hack//Infection and goes through all 4 volumes of the game. What I never knew was Sora was actually a different player than the Sora from .Hack//Sign. He says the Sora in the game was actually one of the members of C.C. Corp. I won't go over too many details of it, but Sora and Mia both had merge with Macha and Skeith, two of the eight phases of Morganna. My memory is alittle foggy, but can someone tell me the names of the eight phases?

User avatar
dothacker06
Posts: 210
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:29 am
Location: At the Tostitos!

Post by dothacker06 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:12 am

JonkoSlunko wrote:I am pretty new here, but I beat vol. 1 of .Hack//GU, and after reading through this forum, I realize no one refers to what Project "G.U." is. I already know that some have watched like what's on the terminal disc and some of you didnt, but just in case I want to explain to those that don't. Basically,(correct me if I am wrong.), Project GU started in like the beginning of .Hack//Infection and goes through all 4 volumes of the game. What I never knew was Sora was actually a different player than the Sora from .Hack//Sign. He says the Sora in the game was actually one of the members of C.C. Corp. I won't go over too many details of it, but Sora and Mia both had merge with Macha and Skeith, two of the eight phases of Morganna. My memory is alittle foggy, but can someone tell me the names of the eight phases?
First of all you need to use the spoiler function whenever you are typing a spoiler. You can use it by typing spoiler at the beginning of the sentence and /spoiler at the ending fo the sentence with [] at both ends of the words. It will look like this  hi. You can read spoilers by highlighting the sentences.

Secondly Mia  was already Macha. She never merged with anything. Project G.U. did not start at the beginning of Infection, it started  a few months before The World R:1 met its demise. Sora a different player than the one in Sign? No, he is the same one.  C.C. Corp came up to Sora during project gu asking if he would like to be an epitaph user for Skeith seeing as how he had already merged with Skeith before. Luckily Sora refused (why he was lucky you find out for yourself).

Someone correct me if I am wrong with anything.

Skeith of the Dawn
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:10 pm

Post by Skeith of the Dawn » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:59 pm

I guess a lot of people didnt want to unlock the files, lol. Aww, im the only one.

User avatar
laysh
Sage of Earth
Sage of Earth
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:22 pm
Location: Texas

Post by laysh » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:47 pm

I want to unlock them but I want to wait for vol.2 and 3

Wave Rider
Posts: 92
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:27 pm
Location: Detroit,Michigan,USA.

Post by Wave Rider » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:16 am

dothacker06 wrote: You can read spoilers by highlighting the sentences.

To think all this time I've been reading spoilers by clicking on the quote button! :lol:

User avatar
.hack//BICTIOUS
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Newberry, South Carolina

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:00 am

dothacker06 wrote:  C.C. Corp came up to Sora during project gu asking if he would like to be an epitaph user for Skeith seeing as how he had already merged with Skeith before. Luckily Sora refused (why he was lucky you find out for yourself).

Someone correct me if I am wrong with anything.
  No, they didn't get in contact with Sora. He'd already terminated his account with The World.

JamesBeardIV
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:51 am

Post by JamesBeardIV » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:17 am

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:  No, they didn't get in contact with Sora. He'd already terminated his account with The World.
The disc does kinda leave you confused about Sora as I quote directly from the english version of File #1: "At another point, much later, Sora and Seig became intimately involved with Project G.U." And it singles out the pictures of the two characters as it says this. I kinda wonder if this was a translation mistake myself and maybe shoulda been said the other way around.

User avatar
.hack//BICTIOUS
Posts: 783
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Newberry, South Carolina

Post by .hack//BICTIOUS » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:32 am

JamesBeardIV wrote:
.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:  No, they didn't get in contact with Sora. He'd already terminated his account with The World.
The disc does kinda leave you confused about Sora as I quote directly from the english version of File #1: "At another point, much later, Sora and Seig became intimately involved with Project G.U." And it singles out the pictures of the two characters as it says this. I kinda wonder if this was a translation mistake myself and maybe shoulda been said the other way around.
Jun clarifies later (in file 6, I think) that Sora had already quit The World. He said Sora was important because his fusion with Skeith inspired the Epitaph PCs.

JamesBeardIV
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:51 am

Post by JamesBeardIV » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:38 am

.hack//BICTIOUS wrote:Jun clarifies later (in file 6, I think) that Sora had already quit The World. He said Sora was important because his fusion with Skeith inspired the Epitaph PCs.
Which only makes sense if Jun had said the sentence wrong, or if a translator mistranslated. Correct way of saying this should have been "At another point, much later, Project G.U. became intimately involved with Sora and Seig."

Due to several other factors, I'm going with the mistranslation theory myself.

User avatar
Ryokugun2
Posts: 116
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: Counting Red Plum's Berserker

Post by Ryokugun2 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:32 am

If the Terminal Disk is just a summary of what I've already done in IMOQ, then I'm just going to not try to scramble all over the place finding it.

User avatar
ME
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: Here
Contact:

Post by ME » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:33 pm

that's about a quarter of what's on the disk it also has other info like how the epitaph PC's were created, gives some answers to the lingering questions from IMOQ, and that's all i get with vol 1, I still have 8 or so more fiels to acsess

Post Reply