Here's highlights from all the locked threads so people know what's been covered.
From "Terminal Disk Questions"
SilverPhoenix wrote:I just cleared volume 1 and decided to try the terminal disk out bu all I can unlock are reports 6 and 10. Is that all for volume 1 or do I need to do something special to get more?
From "What was on the Terminal Disc?"NeoPhoenixTE wrote:That's it for volume 1 I'm afraid. Gotta wait out volume 2.
Reiyne wrote:I was wondering what was on the Terminal Disc with the special edition (which I couldn't get Crying or Very sad ) Is their anything special that I wouldn't know bout the story?, I've played past 4 games, watched all of LoTB, sign and roots, but haven't read the manga
From "Terminal Disk Now with Media Player Classic" (thread containsBulletcatcher wrote:The Terminal Disc sums up the story of The World before the events of Roots and G.U. There's some stuff on there that you haven't heard about, such as some details about Ovan's character.
If you use a PS2, you unlock videos as you progress in G.U.. If you use a computer with Windows Media Player Classic, you can watch all of them right away.
JamesBeardIV wrote:Yep, Im serious. Just slam the disk into your computer and open the video files in the MOVIE folder with Media Player classic and you can watch them all now. Sweet!
Hrothgur wrote:well seeing as Windows media player and Media player classic are different things........yeahmrbobuchiha wrote:it still wont work it says:
Windows Media Player cannot open. You may need to reboot to complete installation of a downloaded component. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again.
you can download MPC here:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... lassic.cfm
From"Anyone know if there is anywhere I can import the SE from?"d5t wrote:Yeah we don't tolerate intellectual property linking of any kind-- although we're lenient on some stuff like trailers and next episode previews for example. But when linking cutscenes it's technically illegal because you're watching reproduced material without the copyrighter's consent. So watching all of the terminal disc on YouTube = evil and unethical. :Cool: So be careful, posts might be edited. Promote .hack//G.U. in a positive and fair use (legal) way.
Ryuuka wrote:Im in the UK, and I severly doubt this is going to get a European release. Any chance of me being able to import the special edition?
JamesBearIV wrote:This might be a long shot here.... but did you ever try, oh I dont know... gamestop.com?
Any threads after that about the termincal disc run the risk of thread necromancy. Key points from them..NeoPhoenixTE wrote:In both the eBay and Gamestop cases, he'll likely need a tweaked PS2. All these games and stuff have region coding on them to prevent people from importing too much.
He'll have to wait for a copy of the game to be encoded in the UK region in order to play it on a normal PS2 in the UK.
- Terminal Disc comes with the preorder Special Edition in the US, not the regular edition of the game
- There's a planned relase of the Special Edition with Terminal Disc in Canada, but you can order it online (source thread)
- Rumors of the Terminal Disc breaking your save file are floating around (link), but it was likely just bad timing for the only person to have it happen (source)
- The movies on the terminal disc have indeed been redubbed, but using the same VAs from the original games (save for Lios, RIP Bob Papenbrook ) (source)
- Clearing .hack//G.U. Vol 1 only unlocks file 06 and 10 on the terminal disc, while files 01 - 04 are unlocked when you get the terminal disc without beating anything. Any other files on there cannot be unlocked until after you beat Vol 2 and Vol 3. (source)
- "Terminal Disc" - Talks about release of terminal disc in other countries, as well as some commentary reguarding the US .hack localization team
- "Terminal Disc and Endrance?? Spoilers..." - Like then name implies, spoilers within
Maybe we can keep this thread alive long enough to actually talk about stuff on the terminal disc now?