Pros and cons

omen

Post by omen »

the best think i think is in the game is that THERE ARE ACTUAL COMBOS instead of the other .hack games.... :twisted:
haseoxth
The Pain of Death
The Pain of Death
Location: I was told to go south,so I went where it was warmest,the sun.

Post by haseoxth »

teh best thing about this game is...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................DEATH GRUNTY*nero*..and the fact that there is a solid story line....unlike the first games where it just went in deferent directs ats some points.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

-easy battles...
-i collected all key items ^^
-Haseo rocks

dislike
-not much PK battles(other then arena)
-realise avatar battles are harder then i thought
-just realeased in here but u guys are talking about Vol 2
DeadFromTheEdge

Post by DeadFromTheEdge »

Personally
i thought the lack of PKing made the game a tiny bit worse.
Leveling up was maybe a bit too easy.
but
that fights are faster and funner
and also the story line was very well done
Blizzard

Post by Blizzard »

- The gameplay. It's much better than the previous series (No more data draining)
-Graphics
-Great storyline, I cant wait to know what happens next

Dislikes :
-The BGMs are somehow not good enough
-Some weird VA. Atoli's voice sounds like she's being choked or something...
-The game's just too short!
Haseo-Chan
Location: Seeking for Volume 2 dot hack G.U for the past 2000years..

Post by Haseo-Chan »

Pros:All so good so far~

Cons:Only one...when the characters talk,i notice the mouth ain't moving
its better if its moving along wif the voice..
Anigmal

Post by Anigmal »

One thing I liked that I am not sure has been mentioned yet, are the Lucky Animals. I loved kicking them...I know, I'm a horrible person.
Aera

Post by Aera »

dungeons seem very plain... for my taste...

and invisible walls piss me off
Slayn

Post by Slayn »

I'm not too far into the game due to several issues but one or two things are nagging me a bit.

One] Why the freakin' hell does Atoli stick around with Haseo in the beginning? He's a jackass. No girl would ever do that. None. No matter how they feel for you they will leave your rear in the dust if you act like that and talk to them that way. >.>

Two] Cut scenes. There's a reason I'm not too far. It's like a dang movie and I can't skip through because I'm afraid I'll miss something. Just way too much of that in the beginning. I hope that starts to disappear as you get along in the game. Otherwise, that's just a minor complaint of the beginning. >.<

Other than that, I've enjoyed the first couple hours of playing it. I look forward to wasting more of my life away in front of a TV screen playing it. xP

[I kinda liked the battle mode in the other games though. That way you're not screwed if you get in a battle you can't finish.]
kakasensai

Hmm

Post by kakasensai »

Dislikes
Voices
Graphics should be improved

I guess thats it

The voices just dont match the character.. I mean in the previous .hack they had dual voiceovers but why cant they do it to this on.
The Azure Wind

Post by The Azure Wind »

Personally I thought the Japanese acting was better

Random Thought If Pro is the Opposite of Con Would Progess be the Opposite of Congress
SatelliteFenrir

Post by SatelliteFenrir »

Graphics should be improved? They certainly are not next-gen, but they are great for the PS2.

Voice/Mouth synchronization... Haha. Do you think they should have remade the entire game for us Americans and Europeans because of that? Lawllipoz.

Anyways.

Pros: Story, Characters, Battle System, Atmosphere, Music.

Dislikes: Lack of dungeon areas, leveling is way too fast, and although I love the music in this game, .hack's town music was much, MUCH nicer. I love .hack's Mac Anu song. 'Twas so nice.

Either way, I love this game, faults and all. I am such a damn fanboy. >_>
The Azure Wind

Post by The Azure Wind »

I agree It would look alot better if it was next gen

my pros where the characters, the storyline, and the avater fights make me fell like playing zone of enders all over again ohhh like how the booby trap chests are buttons instead of fortune wire aves me a ton of money

cons: Too damn short of the game but still awesome
oslapedo
Location: Getting rescued by Kenpachi! Heck yes, it's about time!

Post by oslapedo »

Hm, I never played the first .hack games so I can't really compare them. Oh! I feel so out of the loop! Um... anyways...

My Pros
Kuhn! Kuhn is teh cool, I think it's mucho awesome (and a little weird) that he share's Ichigo's dub voice.
Simplified, yet fun battling system.
Wonderful plot.
Great graphics. There are some majorly beautiful cut scenes (Although it's a HUGE peeve of mine when their mouths don't move)
Nice music.
There is a ton of character development.
The intereactive (to an extent) forums are an interesting touch.
Mostly good VAs

Cons
Repetitive dungeons and fields
Gaspard. >_<
We have to buy 3 games for the price of one, and worst of all we have to wait an eternity before the next comes out. Why CyberConnect, WHY?
Atoli pisses me off. She is a foolish drama queen who needs a reality check (haha what irony).
There is nothing fun to do when you beat it, making the wait for vol. 2 even more painful :cry:

Thats about it for now. I can't see why everyone dislikes the dub. Perhaps because I havn't really listened to the Japanese seiyu's, or maybe I'm ignorant but I like what they have done for the English version. SURE Haseo is sort of a Sasuke clone, SURE Alkaid sounds like a terminally ill man, SURE Atoli's voice makes her annoying as ever, and SURE a few people's names have changed. Is it really all tht horrible though? I mean think about it, it could be MUCH worse...

Meh. I'll be going now, for I fear I am being hunted by-
Haseo: SKEITH!!!
Oh... GREAT.
death angel

Post by death angel »

only 2 things bothered me.1 too many cutscenes at start.2 it was too short.
oslapedo
Location: Getting rescued by Kenpachi! Heck yes, it's about time!

Post by oslapedo »

Sure there were a lot of cut scenes, but at least they were A-W-E-S-O-M-E.
RipxDark

Post by RipxDark »

Pros-
EVERYTHING!!

Cons-
Too short
{TM-IZM}

Post by {TM-IZM} »

Pros:

1. New game
2. New graphics = Better proportioned characters
3. New story line that correlates bueatifuly with the old
4. New friends
5. Finally the 8 phases aren't being a pain in your ass with infinite HP that's in the form of asterisks and foward slashes with annoyingly quick movement.
6. RENGEKI (counter attack wise also)
7. Arena Battles

(even though I beat them all, they still were damn aggrivating)

Cons:

1. You're fighting the 7 of the 8 phases all over again (they all go beserk eventually)
2. You don't have speed charms (I may be wrong about this. If I am, and it's coming in a later game, then this should be changed to "the item collection has been horribly modified and split up)
3. The people don't have a side comment outside of what they normally say when it comes to being invited, dismissed, and invited again into a party.
4. You have to run around handing out flyers for game completion points
Requiem

Post by Requiem »

Pros:

Awesome battle system. My thumb got tired in the old games.

The characters have depth... except for Shino.

Avatar Battles are really fun, though I thought they were all pretty easy.

All the phases look way better than they did in the first games.

The Ryu books no longer require data draining to get, and therefore you level faster.

On the subject of Data Drain, you don't have to do a fugging drain-fest to get virus cores to enchance the story. That's right, Virus Core F. I'm looking at YOU.

Cons:

In the final battle and the Abyss battle, I lagged. I dunno if it's just my copy of what, but the intensity of the graphics makes the game lag.

You have to really watch //Roots to get a feel for Haseo's past, which can be a pain if you just want to jump into the game.

The last con I have is that the first game has a cliffhanger ending, making me want the second one even more. It's kinda cheap when they do things like that...

And finally, it bugs me that doppleganger isn't in the monster list. And that you can't get his stuff till volume 2.
Ressic

Post by Ressic »

Regarding the changing of some characters names in the english version -

Sirius, Antares, and Alkaid are all names of stars in various constellations (Alkaid being in Ursa Major, Antares in Scorpio I believe, and I'm not sure if Sirius is in a constellation, but I know it's a star).

I'm wondering if Yowkow, Taika and whatever the Japanese name for Sirius actually corresponds to what the Japanese call those stars.