Pros and cons

k-su

Post by k-su »

yeah its a double edged sword to many.

On the one hand, you're safer, but it also confines you to a limited space and cuts out massive battles.

Guess that one's a matter of preference.
blackphoenix

Post by blackphoenix »

I don't mind large battles, it's just the lag that I seem to encounter whenever their's too many monsters casting spells all at the same time (back with the original games)
d07_h4ck_3xp3r7_01
Overlord of Overlords
Overlord of Overlords
Location: With Takanori Nishikawa in PA sitting in the corner of a cirrcular room

Post by d07_h4ck_3xp3r7_01 »

Pro:
u can pause during the cutscenes

con:
you still can't skip through the lengthy credits T___T

was it just me or did it lag a lot during the ceremony? just walking around and talking to the people was really slow at times
Maromi
moo.
moo.

Post by Maromi »

Re: the cutscenes: If I survived three volumes of Xenosaga, I think I can survive this. :]
Vesvius

Post by Vesvius »

d07_h4ck_3xp3r7_01 wrote: was it just me or did it lag a lot during the ceremony? just walking around and talking to the people was really slow at times
Not just you, it did that for me to. I think it was because of so many people gathered in such a small space. Most of them had voiced lines.
pekerman

Post by pekerman »

Maromi wrote:Re: the cutscenes: If I survived three volumes of Xenosaga, I think I can survive this. :]
i agree, but if anyone doesn´t like xenosaga´s cutscenes, there is always an option to skip them.....(this is not my case)
Nostal

Post by Nostal »

After playing completely through the Storyline, I have another Con I would like to mention. The forums for The World (at Log In screen, not Desktop) were very inactive compared to .hack//infection and so forth. Kind of a disappointment, but then again, there were two forums for The World. I think they should have just combined the two to make it seem more functional.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Post by Rental Daughter »

d07_h4ck_3xp3r7_01 wrote:Pro:
u can pause during the cutscenes

con:
you still can't skip through the lengthy credits T___T

was it just me or did it lag a lot during the ceremony? just walking around and talking to the people was really slow at times
really? I liked the credits for some reason (although there isn't even anything special) I went out of the way to beat 'Tri-Edge' again just to see them (I'm weird that way ^^; )

it was lagging so badly for me. Especially in that one scene with Ovan... oh all the pausing. The cermony made me sad though... I was running around for 10 minutes looking for the last person when he was just sitting there (Matsu.)
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

The cutscenes were annoying sometimes, but if you don't watch them, you don't get the complexity and drama of the story.

I liked the credits because I like the song, "Swaying Emotions"... The pictures weren't that interesting IMO.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

that's true. I like the cutscenes...unless of course my parents are telling me to shut down the ps2 then I wish they were shorter :/

haha that's the same for me ^^ The pictures were okay...although I wasn't paying much attention. I was either staring off into deep space at how I beat the game or reading the credits. I didn't know Asta's VA = A-20's VA :shock:
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

t_s_u_k_a_s_a wrote:I didn't know Asta's VA = A-20's VA :shock:
Wow, I didn't either... A-20's VA should've been Gaspard's for the sake of matching the JP VA.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

Bulletcatcher wrote:
t_s_u_k_a_s_a wrote:I didn't know Asta's VA = A-20's VA :shock:
Wow, I didn't either... A-20's VA should've been Gaspard's for the sake of matching the JP VA.
oh wow my goshzorzness... something that I knew and you didn't! I must celebrate this moment of victory... where was that bag of confetti I was saving? >.>
(I seriously am saving a bag of confetti xD)

I guess you're right... but I'd still hate Gaspard either way...
blackphoenix

Post by blackphoenix »

I also liked the fact that you could pause the cutscenes...all the times I get calls from work or family members (or friends from out of state XD), it's nice to not miss anything
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Yeah, I'm glad you can pause cutscenes. I'm called away from my room every ten minutes. :(
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

pausing cutscenes was great...especially when I'm playing at like 1am and my mom suddenly wakes up and I'm in the middle of a cutscene and and... o.o;

sorry I'm weird that way...
blackphoenix

Post by blackphoenix »

Either way, at least the cutscenes were more tolerable than the original games... :D
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

The cutscenes made it look like a big budget movie. The old cutscenes look like pong in contrast.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

woah. the old cutscenes...they moved all weird *shudder*

what makes me sad is that we only get to have some of the cutscenes (the majorly-uber-woah-omigosh graphics ones) as a movie thing. I actually enjoy watching the cutscenes over and over again...
Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Well, it wouldn't be approprate to have replayable cutscenes where their mouths don't even move. Still, some important moments are covered in those "insignificant" scenes, so I agree.
Rental Daughter
BURRNN MY BREEADD
BURRNN MY BREEADD

not all of them...just the ones that I love. Like Haseo slapping some sense into Atoli, Ovan's evilness, and Atoli calling herself an idiot ^o^ oh and and...Alkaid ><!!