The "I Got .Hack//G.U Volume 1//Rebirth" Thread.

Bulletcatcher
Child of the Shadows
Child of the Shadows

Post by Bulletcatcher »

Damn, 23 hours for me. Without the strat guide. I only used that after I beat the main story. I was level 50 by the time I fought Kite.
Apple

Post by Apple »

Yay finally got mine! But I don't have time ti play it!! I'm only at the arena part! >+(
sano1221

Post by sano1221 »

bought last copy wednesday evening / beat main story last saturday morning at lvl 48

I'm almost done with the entire game, including all side-quests, best gear, 300k+ money(ya baby!) and almost all characters at lvl 10 weapon skill.

Who needs a strategy guide when you have forums like these?

It'd be cool if there was an easy way to sticky a thread that is a "Fill in the blank FAQ" for the game. Alas, the .hack universe empties all "inpure" thoughts in our mind so only it remains :twisted: GG .hack creator, GG indeed
ashley

Post by ashley »

is anyone pissed off due to the fact that the game doesn't have Japanese VA's?
Why did they remove this Great feature that was present in the 4 .hack games? but I guess the Englisg VA's are quite better than it was in the first 4 games lol.

But still...the English VA's kinda annoys me. The game WOULD be more INTERESTING if it has the JP voices...anyone agree?
Neo_ShadowWing
Location: Fighting Earthsphere, who is trying to take over the Space Colonies

Post by Neo_ShadowWing »

I got an email from Black Rose, but not from Hokuto yet.
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

what is the name of the song that starts playing when the end credits start rolling
Mellow Grunty
Suredeath Hellman
Suredeath Hellman

Post by Mellow Grunty »

dominus_draconis wrote:what is the name of the song that starts playing when the end credits start rolling
Jap. version: Yasashii Ryoute
Eng. version: Gentle Hands
dominus_draconis

Post by dominus_draconis »

thanks ^..^
PK Murderer Nickey

Post by PK Murderer Nickey »

I have it! But I is grounded. Sad.
Erranty
The Widower
The Widower

Post by Erranty »

Sad, sad. It was too short! I beat it in 42:53:10.

I could make it about 30 if i re-did it without watching the cutscenes.
JonFireblade

Post by JonFireblade »

Yes!!!!!!
I Finally have it!!
I only got to play for about two hours last night due to me getting home late and watching the movies from the Terminal disk. But still, It was amazing
Sad, sad. It was too short! I beat it in 42:53:10.
dude, considering the old games (infection -quaratine) were just 15 hours per game (roughly 60 hours total for the whole series) ------> 40 or so hours of game time for just Rebirths is doing pretty good. I mean serously what more do you want? Sorry to break it to you but unless you want to go play a real online game, there is no such thing as unlimited game time for consul games. Honestly I'm just happy it turned out so good. It actually exceeded alot of my expectaions ,not all but most.
Neo_ShadowWing
Location: Fighting Earthsphere, who is trying to take over the Space Colonies

Post by Neo_ShadowWing »

Thanks for clarifying that Zer0, but I went back and checked just to see if I had or not, and it turns out that I indeed had gotten an email from Hokuto, lol. I finished the game last night, and am now going through all the side quests and stuff. Pretty short game, but I am definitely going to get volume 2, for sure. Does anyone know how many volumes this series is going to be in total? Oh and I beat the main story in under 25 hours.
Cless
The Wandering Twin Blade
The Wandering Twin Blade

Post by Cless »

They plan to make up to three games. I haven't really tried the easter eggs because I'm afraid my data might become corrupt. XD
I worry about the dummest things. XD
Etik

Post by Etik »

I just finished with a time of 24:34:45. My characters were Lv.47, except for Piros being Lv.43. Honestly for the first game of the trilogy, it's not that bad. It certaintly beats .hack//Infection-Quarantine's playtime.
k-su

Post by k-su »

Zer0 wrote:
Neo_ShadowWing wrote:I got an email from Black Rose, but not from Hokuto yet.
GameFAQs wrote:At the title screen, select the Convert menu. Selecting save data from .hack//Infection, Mutation or Outbreak will give you an email from BlackRose that was sent to Kite after Quarantine. Selecting .hack//Quarantine save data will give you the previous email, and an email from Hokuto(.hack//AI Buster) sent to Rena(.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet). However, in the Japanese release the Hokuto/Rena email is gained from .hack//Fragment save data.
Blast!!!!!!WHy didnt I choose the Quarentine file? Oh, yeah, I wanted Azure Kit to be called Kite so I used Infection. Now, I want him to be called Azure Kite, kux it sounds KOOL

PS...I just finished off the Ryo's Books and just abouteverything else, except a few more bounty hunting gigs, Bikman's flyers and kick more random Lucky Animals. This was certainly alot more fun than the last time around, cuz we actually had stuff to do while we waited for the next volume this time

I wanna thank all you guys for all the help I got here to do all this, cuz I certainly couldnt have done it w/ this lackluster strategy guide! :)
Dot-Hack-Rocks

Post by Dot-Hack-Rocks »

I got the game! Finally. I am going
to level up right away to the highest and then start
doing the story line.
newtti

Post by newtti »

And finally I got the limited edition...it sucks to be italian,the american version is too cool(I mean,have you seen the terminal disc?? it's too beautiful,but I doubt it will come to europe..)
Anyway,I really like it ^^ and atoli is so cute **"
Azure Twinblades

scotland

Post by Azure Twinblades »

im flying around the world on a boeing 747 from australia to scotland in the middle of freezing cold winter to get a copy that my granny got over the internet but refused to send it to me because of postage prices. Goddamn i love dothack

P.S Im not just going for dothack, my family has business over there so im hitching a ride. Whoop!!! holidayy!!!!!! :P :P
pekerman

Post by pekerman »

Finally, I have my GU copy. Standard version only. Well let´s play. For some reason: I hate Gaspard VA
hiddenknife

Post by hiddenknife »

ashley wrote:is anyone pissed off due to the fact that the game doesn't have Japanese VA's?
Why did they remove this Great feature that was present in the 4 .hack games? but I guess the Englisg VA's are quite better than it was in the first 4 games lol.

But still...the English VA's kinda annoys me. The game WOULD be more INTERESTING if it has the JP voices...anyone agree?
Yes, I'll admit, I was somewhat miffed by that.