Which 'The World R:2' Character Class would you want to be?

Which 'The World R:2' Character Class would you be?

Multi-Weapon
51%
Harvest
3%
Steam Gunner
10%
Danse Macabre
4%
Warlock
1%
Blade
9%
Grappler
4%
Brandish
4%
Twin Sword
10%
Partisan
2%

Total votes: 292

_Tri-edge_

Re: Which 'The World R:2' Character Class would you want to be?

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:well i find that stupid! its all a matter of skill! not the powerfulness of the characters! if u play long enough then u can become unstoppable. if u dont then there is no point in even challenging some1 stronger than u. wait... hypocritical statements. lol its how u use the jobs. its how u use ur mind to win. if u end things quickly u wont sustain major damge. thats how all games r
Say you're at lvl 1 and you run into a party of pk'ers who are all lvl 150 with all of the high level equipment and skills. Now tell me, who do you think's going to win this little encounter? Using your mind thing doesn't really play into the situation here unless your an epitaph user, which of course your not. Basically, no matter how skiled of a gamer you are, if you're at a ridiculously low level with seriously weak skills and equipment, the chances of you winning a battle against the strongest bunches range from highly unlikely to impossible.
CountDOOMDestroyer
Location: behind u, with my trusty fans, going to pk u!!! lol

Post by CountDOOMDestroyer »

Say you're at lvl 1 and you run into a party of pk'ers who are all lvl 150 with all of the high level equipment and skills. Now tell me, who do you think's going to win this little encounter? Using your mind thing doesn't really play into the situation here unless your an epitaph user, which of course your not. Basically, no matter how skiled of a gamer you are, if you're at a ridiculously low level with seriously weak skills and equipment, the chances of you winning a battle against the strongest bunches range from highly unlikely to impossible.
ok ill admit that thats true. but in a situation like that its best to use a smokescreen. however if u have already used then u f'ed... not sure if im allowed to say the actual word. but yeah that would definitely suck. and to b honest i think that a pc at that lvl wouldn't bother with with a pc who is at level 1. if i were at that level, i would go after a pkk like haseo. or a guild master like gabi
TheSorrow wrote:
well i find that stupid! its all a matter of skill! not the powerfulness of the characters! if u play long enough then u can become unstoppable. if u dont then there is no point in even challenging some1 stronger than u. wait... hypocritical statements. lol its how u use the jobs. its how u use ur mind to win. if u end things quickly u wont sustain major damge. thats how all games r

Well, not on GU. Go try using all your skills and your mind to win against enemies that will completely lock you with the strongest class attacks and with the best defenses, and "Pressing R1 to go into invincible Skill Trigger" doesn't count :P

i only use skill trigger when there is a rengeki... and i win anyways! when there is a rengeki(or if im in the arena, counter rengeki) then i look 4 the weapon that is strongest. but since this is the rebirth vol we r talking about its impossible... i need to play it again... :?
Last edited by iuliathe3rd on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double posting
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

I can win without using Skills at all, but that's just for the actual games where the AI is so very stupid. Against another human player, with the set-up and everything GU has, no one would stand a chance except those who are experts in locking you.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

and to b honest i think that a pc at that lvl wouldn't bother with with a pc who is at level 1. if i were at that level, i would go after a pkk like haseo. or a guild master like gabi
You obviously dont know alot about how the PK thing is R:2
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

And just to add, if your class involves physical attacks, when fighting higher level opponents in G.U., there's a feature in the game where if you attack, it repels back, slowing down your attack speed and leaving you wide open for an opponent to attack you. I've learned that during most of my low-level runs through the series. If Beast Awakening wasn't in the game, then I'd be pretty much screwed during those runs.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:And just to add, if your class involves physical attacks, when fighting higher level opponents in G.U., there's a feature in the game where if you attack, it repels back, slowing down your attack speed and leaving you wide open for an opponent to attack you. I've learned that during most of my low-level runs through the series. If Beast Awakening wasn't in the game, then I'd be pretty much screwed during those runs.

could you explain that again?
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

I'll use TheSorrow's low level fight with Ovan to help explain it more thoroughly.

Watch

Now at around 10 seconds into the video, when Bo attacks, you here this little sound effect that sounds like the rattling of a tamborine. That's the repel effect. You see it more clearly when he uses Haseo to start attacking at around 27 seconds. Now you should see Haseo's character slightly being pushed back after each attack. Normally, if Haseo was at a reasonable level, the attack would just follow through and Haseo would just stay still during the attack, but at low levels like this, the repel effect activates, pushing him back after every attack. When he uses Beast Awakening at 1:42 to the end, the repel effect deactivates since the awakening boosts attack power, so the attacks sound normal when he's hacking away at Ovan with the Scythe. Notice how that little sound effect isn't there anymore?
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

_Tri-edge_ wrote:I'll use TheSorrow's low level fight with Ovan to help explain it more thoroughly.

Watch

Now at around 10 seconds into the video, when Bo attacks, you here this little sound effect that sounds like the rattling of a tamborine. That's the repel effect. You see it more clearly when he uses Haseo to start attacking at around 27 seconds. Now you should see Haseo's character slightly being pushed back after each attack. Normally, if Haseo was at a reasonable level, the attack would just follow through and Haseo would just stay still during the attack, but at low levels like this, the repel effect activates, pushing him back after every attack. When he uses Beast Awakening at 1:42 to the end, the repel effect deactivates since the awakening boosts attack power, so the attacks sound normal when he's hacking away at Ovan with the Scythe. Notice how that little sound effect isn't there anymore?

Yea i see it
CountDOOMDestroyer

_Tri-edge_ wrote:I'll use TheSorrow's low level fight with Ovan to help explain it more thoroughly.

Watch

u mean that bubble thingy that shows up around the opponent? that just tells u that ur attacks arent as strong as they should b. it just means that u wont do as much damage if u were at the right level. and i dont ever use beast awakening. i use mainly demon awakening

i think we r getting off subject on this thread ^^;
Last edited by iuliathe3rd on Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Doube posting
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:u mean that bubble thingy that shows up around the opponent? that just tells u that ur attacks arent as strong as they should b. it just means that u wont do as much damage if u were at the right level. and i dont ever use beast awakening. i use mainly demon awakening
No. The "bubble" thing appears if your opponent has a high defense. You sometimes see it in the arena when your sqauring off against other players. Defense can vary depending on the equipment and armor level. The repel effect looks like spikes coming off the opponent, like counters.

I wouldn't say we're getting too off-topic. We're discussing about the effects of picking certain classes if you were at low levels going against high-level players.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

Yay my videos are being used for good reasons 8D!!
...Even though it's all confusing and mixed-up right now 'XD

The "bubble" only appears when the enemy has either a counter (and the counter hits you right after, if possible), or when the opponent is receiving 0 damage due to Physical/Magic -# (like Physical -25 or Magic -50), but that isn't related to the topic. What's related is that, at low level in GU, all your attacks will be completely useless because the game is so mean about low-level challengers and heavily reduces the damage you inflict.....level is the most important factor for damage overall, and it's not only with Physical, it's for everything though it's more obvious while attempting normal attacks.

So, once again, if there were to be a R:2 MMO, it would be completely cheap and unfair and not even the most skilled players would have any hope in winning unless they level up. It's possible in the game, because of their predictable AI and Awakenings, but go and see if that would work against someone who actually plans on strategies unlike every enemy in GU.
CountDOOMDestroyer

_Tri-edge_ wrote:
CountDOOMDestroyer wrote:u mean that bubble thingy that shows up around the opponent? that just tells u that ur attacks arent as strong as they should b. it just means that u wont do as much damage if u were at the right level. and i dont ever use beast awakening. i use mainly demon awakening
No. The "bubble" thing appears if your opponent has a high defense. You sometimes see it in the arena when your sqauring off against other players. Defense can vary depending on the equipment and armor level. The repel effect looks like spikes coming off the opponent, like counters.

I wouldn't say we're getting too off-topic. We're discussing about the effects of picking certain classes if you were at low levels going against high-level players.
like taihaku! and i hate him... and those spikes usually come off the enemy when they have an armor ability installed. like curse or paralysis. dont they?

it just feels like we r is all ^^;
Raizart Arceon

Post by Raizart Arceon »

For me it will be Multiweapon of couse, who wouldn't have 3 weapons to look cool. i know that it is a jack of all trade and master of none but if you work really hard you can be the beast Adept rogue there is lol.
Multiweapon:
-- Flick reaper Tribal Grappler
-- Blade Brandier or Stream Gunner
-- Edge Punisher Twin Blades
power > Speed Speed > power