so what exactly is AIDA?

Blue_Innis

so what exactly is AIDA?

Post by Blue_Innis »

In the first trailer they show AIDA is abreviated from Artificially intelligent data anomaly but then I saw this "official" trailer that wasn't suppose to be viewed and it gives off multiple meanings of AIDA in the same fashion that the intros do with GU.

one example is "Anti-intrusion device for Aura"

also I found it interesting that at the end when Haseo summons Skeith it looks like a buffed up version of the original, and the area transforms into the boss areas of the original four.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA2CJIF5KCw

sorry if this is old (I bet it is) I just shat many bricks when watching this trailer
Xu Yuan

Re: so what exactly is AIDA?

Post by Xu Yuan »

There's also the prototype of G.U. which has a lot of meanings for AIDA, my personal favorite is "Appear from Illusion and Dance in the Actuality"

I hadn't seen that trailer for many years so it's interesting to go back and view little differences from the final game and the original idea.

It seems as if Kuhn was originally going to be present for Pi's Avatar going berserk from the one second frame I saw in that.

As well it looks as if you were originally going to fight a boss type monster with Asta and IYOTEN.

What AIDA actually is... curiously enough, better explained in //Link than it is in G.U.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

It may sound stupid, but i really don't mind. Keep in mind that this is just my own personal idea.

Perhaps AIDA is actually remnants of Morganna? Perhaps she is trying to rebuild herself? I remember it mentioned somewhere that AIDA was trying to cling to the Epitaphs, or "Morganna Factors". Maybe it was trying to cling to and bring them together for the sole purpose of rebuilding herself as i said?

Also, this is my first post (woohoo!). I joined partly to voice my opinion on this topic, but i'll stick around because i am a huge fan of the .Hack series :)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Wrong. All of it.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/AIDA

That answers you're question.
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Keyaki wrote:Wrong. All of it.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/AIDA

That answers you're question.
I had a look at that page, and here's what i summed up.

Little is known about the AIDA, but according to Yata, the AIDA are primarily interested in humans. It is for this reason that they stay within The World R:2, and do not spread outwards into the rest of the Internet.
"Morganna Mode Gone (モルガナ・モード・ゴン), shortened to Morganna, was the main antagonist throughout most of the first series, she was a system created by Harald Hoerwick to oversee the birth of the Ultimate AI from the personality data of the players of The World." - Morganna Mode Gone, Wikia

Could explain why AIDA is interested in humans. That is Morganna's original purpose, to observe humans. She could simply be trying to expand her own knowledge or to find the epitaphs or even both. It's evolution.
but after several thousand of them were produced, a mutant appeared. This AIDA, Tri-Edge, had aggressive tendencies, and attacked a player. Since the AIDA are all connected, this aggression soon spread to the rest of them.

This "Mutant", could very well be Morganna's Re-emerging consciousness. It attacked Aina because at first glance it saw her as Aura. Is it coincidence that it first appeared in the Creator's Room?

"It is unknown whether the room was repaired or if this was simply a mirror of the room that Kite saw, but it was in better condition when Aina discovered it, filled with countless books, one of which contained the entire existing text of the Epitaph of Twilight. However, this was also one of the first areas in The World discovered by AIDA, and the first known place that AIDA<Tri-Edge> emerged. It attempted to attack Aina, but instead infected Ovan, who transformed her into a Lost One and carved the first Sign onto the room" - The Creator's Room, Wikia

The aggression spread to all of them because it is all the same being.

AIDA are drawn to human emotions, and frequently attach themselves to the PC bodies of players in The World R:2. AIDA-PC is a term referring to player characters that are infected by AIDA. Infection appears to take several forms and has several effects on the PC, Epitaph Users may become infected and lose control of their Avatar, and the AIDA may manifest into a physical form, or even alter a player's PC itself. Players PKed by those infected with AIDA become Lost Ones.
Covered the link between AIDA and humans above. Epitaph Users lose control of their Avatars because the Avatar is a part of Morganna, and she commands it. Players that are PKed by AIDA, or Morganna, become Lost Ones. When Skeith attacks Sora, he became a Lost One. Same with Sieg/Tomonari. When Morganna merged with Corbenik, everyone Drain Heart hit became Lost Ones until she was defeated. Everyone Tri-Edge Pked became lost ones.

In the .hack//G.U. Novels, AIDA can also infect monsters, transforming them into AIDA Monsters, similar to the Data Bugs of the previous series.

"It was also revealed during the games that the Data Bugs were a result of errors originating from the Morganna program." - Data Bug, Wikia

With all of that said, i hope this doesn't anger you. I have no intentions of starting a war, but simply i wanted to state all of my speculations before turning my head.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

With all of that said, i hope this doesn't anger you. I have no intentions of starting a war, but simply i wanted to state all of my speculations before turning my head.
Its cool, but still you're incorrect about alot of stuff

Again, still wrong.

For one thing Morganna is GONE! She has nothing to do with AIDA. Not only that, she never really had any interest in humans at all. She was just doing a job before she started to malfunction and paradox herself.
This "Mutant", could very well be Morganna's Re-emerging consciousness. It attacked Aina because at first glance it saw her as Aura. Is it coincidence that it first appeared in the Creator's Room?
No. For one thing Aina was the first person that Tri-Edge came across, that's the only reason. Besides Aina looks nothing like Aura. The fact that it took place in the Creator's Room was completely by complete accident.

Tri-Edge was the mutant itself, again: NOTHING TO DO WITH MORGANNA! Read the article again, after alot of harmless AIDA appeared, a mutant appeared. Tri-Edge was the named dubbed for that mutant. Tri-Edge just happened to have an aggressive nature and when it found itself in The World R:2, the first place it just happened wind-up in was the Creator's Room, where Ovan and Aina just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Covered the link between AIDA and humans above. Epitaph Users lose control of their Avatars because the Avatar is a part of Morganna, and she commands it. Players that are PKed by AIDA, or Morganna, become Lost Ones. When Skeith attacks Sora, he became a Lost One. Same with Sieg/Tomonari. When Morganna merged with Corbenik, everyone Drain Heart hit became Lost Ones until she was defeated. Everyone Tri-Edge Pked became lost ones.
What is with you and Morganna? For more clarity GU takes place in 2017. 7 years AFTER Morganna got absorbed into Aura to become the Ultimate AI, meaning MORGANNA is COMPLETELY GONE. PERIOD.

There is absolutely NO relation between AIDA and Morganna. None.

Yes, Sora got data drained by Skeith in //SIGN and when Sieg got Data Drained as well, it was by Morganna and yes they did go comatose, but the term Lost Ones wasn't used in 2010. Same for when she used Drain Heart.

AIDA takes control of the Avatars, mainly because Epitaph Users and AIDA unfortunately have a mutual interest in each other.
"Bugs were a result of errors originating from the Morganna program." - Data Bug, Wikia
No.

Also, the GU Novels aren't canon, don't use them.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

AIDA has nothing to do with Morganna. AIDA are evolved AI born from random glitches, much like actual life. The wiki explains this.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

Kuukai wrote:AIDA has nothing to do with Morganna. AIDA are evolved AI born from random glitches, much like actual life. The wiki explains this.
Summed up into layman's terms...( And stealing my opportunity to look cool :/)
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Theories of course are welcome, but they gave an official explanation a long time ago.
Xu Yuan

Post by Xu Yuan »

I am relatively sure that AIDA deals nothing with Morganna in the end (though a series of them do call themselves "Anna" it was likely just a red herring to throw the players off, especially in the English version when they changed Morganna's pronounciation to Morg-Anna, rather than Mor-Ganna) I do love that they even put in a grave site for Morganna though, a nice touch there. I wouldn't go so far to say Morganna is "gone" in G.U. she is contained within all of the Epitaphs in a form or another,I had thought? (Hence the name Morganna Factor) I have to wonder if it's coincidence that Haseo finally lost control of Skeith while fighting Kuhn/Tomanari Kasumi who a Morganna controlled Skeith/Sora had sent into a coma 7 years ago. I feel she is still there, but here she is just those broken eight pieces with only fragments of self-awareness left to her.

As for AIDA infecting monsters...  they do that in //Link as well. so it's not exactly noncanon.

Also Keyaki that was a bit of a rude tone you took with that brand new user. It may not do so well to scare off new members of the community in such a manner.
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

I wouldn't go so far to say Morganna is "gone" in G.U. she is contained within all of the Epitaphs in a form or another,I had thought? (Hence the name Morganna Factor)
Just because the 8 phases are still there, doesn't mean the AI itself of Morganna is still around. Like I said, she was absorbed into Aura, the 8 Phases now are just independent AIs.
I have to wonder if it's coincidence that Haseo finally lost control of Skeith while fighting Kuhn/Tomanari Kasumi who a Morganna controlled Skeith/Sora had sent into a coma 7 years ago.
I highly doubt it, Kuhn told Haseo of the dangers but Haseo didn't listen and eventually his negligence was his un-doing in loosing control of Skeith. Morganna had nothing to do with it.
Also Keyaki that was a bit of a rude tone you took with that brand new user. It may not do so well to scare off new members of the community in such a manner.
He asked a question and I answered. It wasn't rude at all. If anything, the caps was just re-iteration and re-assurance.

Besides, since when was your job to dictate how I respond?

Like Kuukai and I already said, everything is answered in the Wiki.
Blue_Innis

Post by Blue_Innis »

Keyaki wrote:
Kuukai wrote:AIDA has nothing to do with Morganna. AIDA are evolved AI born from random glitches, much like actual life. The wiki explains this.
Summed up into layman's terms...( And stealing my opportunity to look cool :/)

ah okay I see now
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

Morganna was a maternal program that adapted self awareness and created different A.I. to further act as her hands. Aura replaced Morgana as the core administration within The World. According to the end Quarantine wasn't Morganna born and not absorbed along with Aura? After that didn't The Eight Phases entered the Sea of Data and Kite hunted down Morganna's remaining data in Unison. Then to follow didn't Project G.U. form with the belief that from collecting that data, the team could recreate the program (Morganna) that made Aura and use it to manage the network? Or is the idea similar to a rectangle and a square, in which Morganna is the Eight Phases but The Eight Phases are not Morganna? I don't it was fully explained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBwMEMO-05s (Quarantine)
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Phase (Cursed Wave)
Keyaki

Post by Keyaki »

(Phantom) Thief wrote:Morganna was a maternal program that adapted self awareness and created different A.I. to further act as her hands. Aura replaced Morgana as the core administration within The World. According to the end Quarantine wasn't Morganna born and not absorbed along with Aura? After that didn't The Eight Phases entered the Sea of Data and Kite hunted down Morganna's remaining data in Unison. Then to follow didn't Project G.U. form with the belief that from collecting that data, the team could recreate the program (Morganna) that made Aura and use it to manage the network? Or is the idea similar to a rectangle and a square, in which Morganna is the Eight Phases but The Eight Phases are not Morganna? I don't it was fully explained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBwMEMO-05s (Quarantine)
http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Phase (Cursed Wave)
Close but no.

Like I said. At the end of Quarantine, Aura absorbed Morganna. That was the point of Harald's plan in the first place.

Unison, I'm pretty sure it isn't canon but then I've recently been told different so I need confirmation but yes the remaining of the 8 Phases that Kite 86'd during IMOQ did fall into the endless Sea of Data and Project GU did salvage the 8 Phases to re-create the program. NOT Morganna literally, but the program that the 8 Phases together form and use them to find Aura and somehow put her under their control. ( Sadly that idea is something that CCorp still doesn't realize is impossible and just plain evil and selfish).

And yes the 8 Phases = Morganna. But seeing as in //GU, due to the events of the RA Plan, their full, independent AIs and don't really have much of a connection to her seeing as Morganna is GONE. UNLESS they were all crammed into one point as we see in Redemption.
(Phantom) Thief

Post by (Phantom) Thief »

I appreciate the explanation. Balmung's comment at the end has forever confused me. Unison is canon. After Misaki falls into a coma in the real world but his character Sora becomes an AI. I believe it was explained in Epitaph of Old Testament.