How were you introduced to the G.U. series?

AZURE-KITE
Blue Rose Garden
Blue Rose Garden

Re: How were you introduced to the G.U. series?

Post by AZURE-KITE »

I was in a shop where i buyed .Hack IMOQ (Without the Q) and i saw .Hack// G.U. (It was in 2010) so i buyed it! i finished Vol. 3 Before even ending Vol. 2 and Vol. 1
poet of time

Post by poet of time »

1 letter and 1 word X play
FlameKid

Post by FlameKid »

I was looking through a New Type magazine, and I turned one of the pages and I saw a Rebirth advertisement-thinger, and I was running out of things to play so I got Rebirth, beat it the first day, got Reminince the second, and Redemption the third, haha. Then like a month later I got Infection, Mutation, and Outbreak, but I STILL cannot find Quarantine...But I'm glad I found out about the series. :)
databug

Post by databug »

for me it was .hack//roots that led me to GU but being a old school original fan i knew something was going to happen especially the way the last game eneded and we were still getting huge amounts of .hack// related products.

but that first .hack//G.U trailer made so excited and over the years pissed off, (new Zealand is still waiting for GU) but then Link came along and i am happy again :D
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I'm in France, and I don't know how it is in US, but here, the whole project is quite unknown. The first anime .hack//SIGN has been released and dubbed in french, though it was useless as several teams had fansubbed it 2 or 3 years before.
I was on an errand on my favorite anime BT site, and I saw a new anime, it was .hack//SIGN. I could download it, as it was not released in France, and I watched it.
After that, I spent dozens of hours seeking all about dothack on the internet !!! xD
Two years after, the four IMOQ games were released in France, and translated in french ! Each game had an episode of .hack//Liminality as a bonus, so you could see the consequences IRL, in Liminality, of what happened in the game...'t was quite good, even if I watched Liminality years before, and fansubbed (BTW, in France, I don't know why, but the fansub is WAY better than the professional subtitles when the animes are released in dvd...is it the same in US ? ^^).

Since that, I desperately hoped and waited for a next step in the project. And so I discovered .hack//roots. I watched it, and I found out that the anime was a prequel to a new game, in several parts like IMOQ. I hoped for a french release, but it never came.
So, lately (about six months ago), I bought a Swap Magic for my ps2, and I downloaded the games.

And here is how I was introduced to the GU series ^^
Aera

Post by Aera »

I hope you enjoy it!!! :)
Mobius

Post by Mobius »

I do, for sure !!!

I did begin a game several months ago, but there was a freeze in a cinematic, in the third game. That is, when Yata is in a dungeon. He just met Ovan, and he seemed to suffer a headache...it really bothered me, so I stopped.
B'sides, I didn't succeed in totally completing the first two games (Ryu Book, side quests...).

And I just recommenced a game from the beginning, a few days ago...I'm almost at the end of Vol. 1 ^^
azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Post by azureeagle »

hmmm... For me actually it was this site hahaha. If I didn't come across dothackers, it probably would have taken me longer to notice. But hey, either way I'm on this site aren't I? haha
Aera

Post by Aera »

azureeagle wrote:hmmm... For me actually it was this site hahaha. If I didn't come across dothackers, it probably would have taken me longer to notice. But hey, either way I'm on this site aren't I? haha
lol how did you find the site without .hack//??
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

azureeagle wrote:hmmm... For me actually it was this site hahaha. If I didn't come across dothackers, it probably would have taken me longer to notice. But hey, either way I'm on this site aren't I? haha
the same with me!
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

I believe it Was Shugo_Lover's fault for me -_- I had thought it ended with Legend of Twilight...
shugo_lover
The Oath Keeper
The Oath Keeper

Post by shugo_lover »

Haha XD A good thing to be blamed for lol arn't you glad it didn't end with Twilight though?
KiteXX
Guardian of the Heart
Guardian of the Heart

Post by KiteXX »

Not at all...When G.U. opened for me I was devastated! I hated it at first, It just meant that Cyber connect Corp. was reusing old ideas. It didn't feel new until Reminisce. But now my viewpoints have changed.
Genesismagician

Post by Genesismagician »

For me? Funny story actually... I had cleared Infection and Mutation, I swung by game stop to grab Outbreak and Quarantine, but the place was flooded with people. I wasn't paying attention and grabbed G.U. Volume 3 Redemption by mistake. I didn't even realize the mistake until I got home. I've been stuck on G.U. ever since. I've beaten all 3 G.U. games countless times and I havn't touched IMOQ in over 2 years. :P
SSJScygoku

Post by SSJScygoku »

Was already enjoying .hack and checking dothackers.net, eventually there was a countdown with the title Project G.U. so the wait began with me,my brother and a friend on gaiaonline talking about it. Had watched .hack//Roots and couldn't wait to play the sequel for the series to play as Haseo,especially with the changes in the game.

:/ Was waiting forever for a UK release but it never came, had some things spoiled for me over the years of waiting so eventually asked a friend in the US to send a US PS2 just so I could play the games. ^^' didn't help that the first copy of G.U. 1 didn't work and that 2 and 3 arrived before the replacement of Rebirth lol

Though wished they would have made .hack//Online Jack longer and included it on dvd much like .hack//Liminality.
reyke

Post by reyke »

I guess I found out about G.U. from watching roots and I found out about roots from dothackers
Shotgun Steve

Post by Shotgun Steve »

I found the first and second volume on sale at Gamestop, bought the third one online.