Japanese Track

Tack

Japanese Track

Post by Tack »

Quick question this time.

Why did they not include the Japanese track unlike the original trilogy? :?
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Re: Japanese Track

Post by TheSorrow »

The reason why IMOQ had both English and Japanese "tracks", it's because the original, Japanese version itself had 2 different tracks....Japanese, and "Parody Mode", in which the characters said funny stuff instead.
And when time arrived for english localization, the people in charge decided that, instead of dubbing over both the Japanese and Parody tracks, they only dubbed the Japanese one, replacing the Parody track with it, and left the original Japanese track. Could've been for laziness or because they thought it would be better...which it was and i personally loved it.

So that's mainly why...IMOQ came with 2 tracks already, while GU only had one. And MAYBE they could've added the japanese track, but that would've required far more things, such like adding the language option entirely, and i'm not sure if they even had enough space for it...so, they didn't do it.
Kuukai
The Prophet
The Prophet

Post by Kuukai »

Parody mode was actually only available after beating the game, and it wasn't a track option so much as basically a different game mode, so they had to do just as much rewiring.

The official reason was "lack of space" but most of us agree there's more than enough empty space left on the disc.
_Tri-edge_

Post by _Tri-edge_ »

Kuukai wrote:Parody mode was actually only available after beating the game, and it wasn't a track option so much as basically a different game mode, so they had to do just as much rewiring.

The official reason was "lack of space" but most of us agree there's more than enough empty space left on the disc.
With all of that stuff ZED's been pulling off these past few years? I wouldn't be surprised if we were lied to.