Spin Locust

azureeagle
Ride on Shooting Star
Ride on Shooting Star

Spin Locust

Post by azureeagle »

Alright, here's the deal, my brother for some reason is obsessed with some of the character's weapons in the game.

The weapons he's obsessed with and he has is:
Asta's Broad Wheel
Raid's Edge Punisher weapon
 Haseo's Prototype Scythe

All he wants now is Negimaru's Spin Locust, a Level 23 Twin Blade weapon.

If someone could provide the area words, I would gladly appreciate it.
Devilkid3009

Re: Spin Locust

Post by Devilkid3009 »

umm curious how did you get those weapons? >_<
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

I've found Spin Locust in a few areas, just can't remember the keywords. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I always found them in cave dungeons (item/level range around 23, of course). The one I've never been able to find "in the wild" is Spin Needle - it seems like the only places I can get it are from the crowning ceremony and Kestrel's guild shop in Mac Anu (and even then, it's rare).
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Spin Locust is a Level 23 weapon, and there were always weird levelled weapons that you couldn't easily find.
A lot of people say that you get them if you save people from P.K.s. (I've never had that.)
But! Ninjato has one to trade. I don't think it's called the "Spin Locust" though, I'm pretty sure it has an attachment on it, nevertheless, you just have to remove it and presto!
Spin Locust!
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Ninjato has a Spin Locust up for trade? Huh, I never noticed... maybe it's 'cuz I never tried to trade with him in Volume 1. XD

I'll have to try that the next time I pick it up.

(Although, I usually end up skipping to the Spin Ban Mu or Spin Axe anyhow since I love to overlevel... *sigh*)
Mistral's_Man

Post by Mistral's_Man »

Yeah, it was a hassle finding some of those to complete your Books.
But yeah, Ninjato....
At least that's what my notebook says, I tend to document things. It should be true though.
But just in case...I'm gonna put it to the test tonight, and if it turned out to be false(which is shouldn't be) I'll have to go off and find another SL.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

The one I've never been able to find "in the wild" is Spin Needle - it seems like the only places I can get it are from the crowning ceremony and Kestrel's guild shop in Mac Anu (and even then, it's rare).
From what i've tested...and that involves like A HUNDRED HOURS in my game in which i was silly enough to sell a Spin Needle + 1, you can only find Spin Needle in 2 places:

-Crowning Ceremony
-Kestrel's Guild Shop (only once)

If that's correct and it is until i find something to prove otherwise (all i've heard are rumors and comments from people...but well, people tend to say things like Henako uses a grimoire -3-'), then you can only get 2 Spin Needles in the game, and that definetly makes it the rarest non-Rarity 5 weapon in the game too. I haven't really tried getting it in other volumes though...like checking Kestrel's guild shop in Mac Anu or going to lv40~ areas, i've only done so in Rebirth :/
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

If you want to be REAL technical, the rarest non-*5 Rarity weapon is in Volume 2... but yeah.

I think I've seen Spin Needle in Kestrel's Guild Shop more than once... and Haseo starts with it in Volume 2 if you don't transfer.
TheSorrow
The Legendary Paladin
The Legendary Paladin

Post by TheSorrow »

If you want to be REAL technical, the rarest non-*5 Rarity weapon is in Volume 2... but yeah.
...Which is? o-O
Lost Weapons doesn't count, of course.

And i've seen Spin Needle in Kestrel quite often too....that is, until you buy it. Then it's gone forever.
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Scythe Shouxiao (Haseo's starting scythe when he gets his Job Extension). There's only one of them in the entire series, unless you count Heine's Zero, which uses the same model. Oh, and Scythe Shouxiao is also *2 Rarity.

Hmm, never really noticed that... not like it matters much by Volume 2 when Spin Needle becomes obsolete at level 51. :P I usually just end up selling it.
Advent_Winter

Post by Advent_Winter »

GyppyGirl2021 wrote:Scythe Shouxiao (Haseo's starting scythe when he gets his Job Extension). There's only one of them in the entire series, unless you count Heine's Zero, which uses the same model. Oh, and Scythe Shouxiao is also *2 Rarity.

Hmm, never really noticed that... not like it matters much by Volume 2 when Spin Needle becomes obsolete at level 51. :P I usually just end up selling it.
Hmm, true. You do only get it once. Spin Needle "technically" doesn't become useless at level 51, if you're referring to strength. I've used many low-level weapons against higher-level opponents, my most reccent battle going through the Cubia Arc using nothing but a regular Spin Gai Gu. I call them "Weapon Trials." I simply go through an entire volume using one weapon for every battle I encounter in the game, no attatchments. I personally find the Scythe Shouxiao Trial from Mid-Vol.2-Vol.3 the most challenging, but the most fun. :P
GyppyGirl2021

Post by GyppyGirl2021 »

Yeah, I've been considering doing a playthrough with all the starting weapons (which could be a real hassle for me since I prefer using H&R broadswords), but I never got around to it because the Spin Gai Gu is a major pain in the ass to level with. :\

I think next time I'll just end up using my faves from each volume (Spin Rasetu, Scythe Bite, Broad Otome) to the end of Volume 3... of course I'll have to use other weapons in between, but yeah. XD